Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? (9216 Views)

Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? by EarsWide(m): 1:16pm On May 26, 2011
@otitokoro1

I used to attend RCCG as well and I dont really think is is optional - he refers to the congregation as his children. He even refers to Oyedepo as his child as well  grin grin grin
Re: Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? by TeeJay6(m): 1:34pm On May 26, 2011
EarsWide:

@otitokoro1

I attend RCCG as well and I dont really think is is optional - he refers to the congregation as his children. He even refers to Oyedepo as his child as well grin grin grin
I dont get it! You mean in the RCCG you attend you are compelled to call the GO "daddy"? I find that very hard to believe! With regards to him referring to the congregation as daddy, what exactly is wrong with that? are they not his spiritual children? Did paul not refer to the church in Galatia as children? Did he not also reaffirm to the church in corinth that he is their spiritual father? If bishop oyedepo wants to adopt pastor adeboye as his Spiritual father is that not his own perogative? Afterall he is allowed to call him whatever he likes as long as he is not worshipping him
Re: Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? by EarsWide(m): 1:42pm On May 26, 2011
@Tee_Jay

I dont call him daddy - I had my father here on earth and I have my father in heaven. I have no personal relationship with him so calling him daddy seems a bit ridiculous.

In anycase I should have said 'I used to attend' RCCG - I will correct that.
Re: Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? by TeeJay6(m): 1:48pm On May 26, 2011
EarsWide:

@Tee_Jay

I dont call him daddy - I had my father here on earth and I have my father in heaven. I have no personal relationship with him so calling him daddy seems a bit ridiculous.

In anycase I should have said 'I used to attend' RCCG - I will correct that.
I was referring to the bit where you said it was made mandatory that you call him daddy! That i find very ridiculous and in all honesty unbelievable
Re: Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? by EarsWide(m): 1:51pm On May 26, 2011
@Tee_Jay

I did not say it was mandatory.

If someone calls you my child, he has obviously assumed he is your father.
Re: Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 26, 2011
EarsWide:

@Tee_Jay

I did not say it was mandatory.

If someone calls you my child, he has obviously assumed he is your father.
lol,

The point is most of the congregation refer to these men as Papa or Mama, and they are well aware of it. If you're not against it, you are for it. If you don't speak against it, you silently agree to it. There's no point stating the obvious
Re: Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? by rmx: 3:03pm On May 26, 2011
@rabzy

your reply shows depth, i can probably say that for a post in a million. what church or ministry do you attend or get your influence from, apart from the bible of course.

do u by chance belong to the word circles. regards
Re: Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? by vislabraye(m): 8:44pm On May 26, 2011
This topic goes on. Any thing done out of a commandment is disgusting. There should be liberty in the church.
Re: Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? by lastpage: 5:06pm On May 27, 2011
Is it only in Nigeria that we have Pastors?
Why are we so vain and title-chasing that something as silly as "Daddy/Mummy" should cause an eyebrow to be raised?

Are MOG not supposed to be "simple, humble and attention-avoiding" humans?

Ofcourse, if everyone calls the Pastor and his second-in-command, Daddy/Mummy, God help you, IF YOU DONT do the same, They will label you, ostracize you and make you feel bad, all in an effort to terrorize you into compliance!

BLOODY TERRORIST!!
Osama is a joke, compared to these ones! grin

I bet it'll soon be "Grand-dada" very soon wink
Sounds more eemmmmm,, ,.,. powerful! grin
Re: Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? by Theblessed(f): 12:23am On May 28, 2011
[b][size=16pt]For those of you in our Churches, who still call their Pastor/Bishops and their wives daddy, mummy, grand daddy and grand mummy, Jesus spoke these word to you yet, you're ignorant and adamant that your Church Pastors are gods!

Now, acquaint yourselves with a little intelligence from the scripture below:

Go and read Matthew Chpt. 23 v. 1 - end but more importantly, focus on verse 1 - 12 in relation to the argument above because that nails your Pastor's craving for adulation and you who is worship the Pastor with your frequent daddy and mummy callings to the wrath of God. 

My advise is, after reading this Scripture please, continue to call daddy and mummy, ok! Don't ever stop!

As you can see, we don't have  to let you know the wrong you're committing against God by calling your Pastor daddy, do we?  Jesus has said it all, when he said,'And do not call anyone on earth father', for you have one Father, and he is in heaven'. (NIV) And, I ask what is daddy??  It means, father, Papa, Nna, Baba etc. 

Glad you've seen the truth! Everything you need about God and his will for us, is in the Bible - just starting reading the Bible for your own good, today and stop arguing blindly.
[/size][/b]
Re: Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? by LKRavitz(m): 8:47am On May 28, 2011
mother in isreal ko father in gaza ni nonsense
Re: Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 29, 2011
Dolemite:

Because pastors are pimps, and the pimped usually refer to their pimps as 'daddy'.
Lol pimps?
Maybe this could explain why some nigerian pastors fry their hair and wear ear rings cheesy cheesy
Re: Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches? by Pafuri(m): 1:47am On Jun 18, 2011
Ah, Nigerians. They know the bible better than the Constitution and the Criminal Code. Little wonder they can't demand that their rights be respected. I mean, how does one demand something he doesn't even know belongs to him?  angry angry angry sad sad Carry go, Daddy and Mommy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? / Shocking Discovery About NIV Bible. (a Must-read For True Believers) / Help, I Want To Become An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.