Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,222 members, 7,836,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos (5059 Views)

Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny / Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland / My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by OfoIgbo: 1:08am On Sep 06, 2021
CXLVII:

smh..

One Ijaw is equal to like 200 Igbo`s. Are you aware of this facts. This lots are born warriors. Their population is minimal, but their influence is greater than that of Igbos. They have produced a president before, and that should tell you alot. They are the defence mechanism of the South South.

They are more deadly than Fulani and not loud! If your lots pitch your tents against this tribe, I can assure you that it will end in tears.

Ijaws and itsekiris don't chest-beat, they are doers. #TalkandDo

Don't you know Ijaws can never threaten Igbos, b cause what Ijaws have, Igbos have.
Igbos have more oil than Ijaws
Igbos also have more gas than Ijaw
So Ijaws cannot expect to turn off their oil pipelines and expect Igbos to suffer

And Adaka Boro's rebellion only lasted for a few days, so I don't see what problem Ijaws can pose to Igbos.

11 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by CXLVII: 1:13am On Sep 06, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Don't you know Ijaws can never threaten Igbos, b cause what Ijaws have, Igbos have.
Igbos have more oil than Ijaws
Igbos also have more gas than Ijaw

So Ijaws cannot expect to turn off their oil pipelines and expect Igbos to suffer

And Adaka Boro's rebellion only lasted for a few days, so I don't see what problem Ijaws can pose to Igbos.

Palm oil or vegetable oil

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Mrexcell(m): 1:25am On Sep 06, 2021
Even myself that's full blooded igbo is shocked after watching that video clip I used to think that the opobo languag is very similar to the ijaw language never knew that they speak better clear igbo dialect than even ebonyi igbos. The biafran war really did a very great damage to igbo unity and cohesion.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Mrexcell(m): 1:43am On Sep 06, 2021
CXLVII:

smh..

One Ijaw is equal to like 200 Igbo`s. Are you aware of this facts. This lots are born warriors. Their population is minimal, but their influence is greater than that of Igbos. They have produced a president before, and that should tell you alot. They are the defence mechanism of the South South.

They are more deadly than Fulani and not loud! If your lots pitch your tents against this tribe, I can assure you that it will end in tears.

Ijaws and itsekiris don't chest-beat, they are doers. #TalkandDo

Go and sit down somewhere and stop the chest beating mr man ur son that became the president was just by chance and sympathy nothing more if not for the support of the igbos and the yorubas he would never have smelt that seat. The only known major war or do I say militancy in history the ijaws have engaged in that was led by ur hero adaka boro only lasted for weeks before it was eventually put down by ojukwu ijaws don't have what it takes to stand the igbo nation in a full scale war jokes apart.

9 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by BKayy: 1:46am On Sep 06, 2021
Mrexcell:
Even myself that's full blooded igbo is shocked after watching that video clip I used to think that the opobo languag is very similar to the ijaw language never knew that they speak better clear igbo dialect than even ebonyi igbos. The biafran war really did a very great damage to igbo unity and cohesion.
There is nothing, absolutely nothing like "better clear Igbo dialect" instead use "closer to the central Igbo"
Stop this thing

17 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Shokoloko(f): 1:47am On Sep 06, 2021
Mrexcell:

Please where can I find this clip?
Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Mrexcell(m): 1:49am On Sep 06, 2021
Shokoloko:

Check out the politics section the thread is there didn't save the video.
Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Naigleria1: 2:04am On Sep 06, 2021
CXLVII:

Let Ijaw people catch you! You know war runs in their blood

They will wipe off your lots from the face of the Earth

I am certain you have an idea of what they can do.

Who is this one? grin

8 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by KosiGee(m): 2:19am On Sep 06, 2021
Shokoloko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q22f9HXmw7Y
Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Shokoloko(f): 3:45am On Sep 06, 2021
KosiGee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q22f9HXmw7Y
Thanks a lot!
I had to rewind several times as I couldn't believe that this was Opobo. Their dialect is even clearer than Imo's Owerri dialect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Poiu11: 3:46am On Sep 06, 2021
Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Poiu11: 3:50am On Sep 06, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by JohnOkolo: 4:30am On Sep 06, 2021
RZArecta:
The biggest fear of the North is a United Southern Nigeria. They spent the last few months through their useful, online idiôts to cause confusion between the Igbos and Yoruba, their plans were busted but considerable damage was done. For about a month now, their agenda has been to cause disunity between the Ijaw and Igbo hence you'll be sure to come across quite a few Ijaws vs Igbo threads around this politics section. 20-10-2020 scared these people a lot, they'll NEVER allow you southerners unite for a common cause again. Ignore trolls like the OP and focus

Well I don't know why you guys refused to just face today and now. Well when it's time you will be crushed like your forefathers that's for sure.

Nigeria is a United Country as recognized by all existing Nations and Treaties. We say no to all lovers of chaos and those praying in vain for a divided Nigeria.
Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Daniel058(m): 5:42am On Sep 06, 2021
Opobo people speak pure Igbo unlike Most of us here in Ebonyi state . grin
Our Dialects aren't that pure Igbo . chai ,owa dukwam Biri-Biri oo ! grin

1 Like

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Malawian(m): 6:35am On Sep 06, 2021
If not that Ogoni has paid their dues in Nationality struggle, Ijaws would have also claimed them as part of Ijaw. How these Ijaws positioned themselves as an "umbrella" Nation for every tribe in the Niger-Delta that is not Igbo is amusing. Same way you will look up North and call the large swaths of land there "Hausa land" without knowing there are hundreds of indigenous tribes absolutely unrelated to Hausa inside there.

9 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by orisa37: 6:47am On Sep 06, 2021
Busted and Pieced ole.com

1 Like

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by PALCHUX(m): 6:56am On Sep 06, 2021
This argument you all are making is the same thing the white man wants we all to be doing, to never be in peace , we don’t learn history, we are all lost, If only Africans can keep aside ethnicity we would have developed beyond our imagination, that you are Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, ijaw or any other ethnicity doesn’t make you special, we are all Negroids, that’s what makes us one, but they want us all to be divided so we cannot move forward and have a common goal. Hate will consume us all!!!! Negros are all one and same race
Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by gogosman(m): 7:05am On Sep 06, 2021
Fake news from jobless brains
Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 06, 2021
ThumbzTNA:
So the land grabbing ijaw drunken pirates have been busted.

Are you from Opobo or historically near or tied to Opobo?

Mtcheew

Ndi ala

1 Like

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 06, 2021
gogosman:
Fake news from jobless brains

Those Igbos are bound to be useless.

Someone will just sit in his father's compound and be dragging another town.

What sort of stupidity is that?

Even the people themselves no send them.

There is no better definition of fools than this display of fffoooollllishnnness.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by loveth360(f): 7:31am On Sep 06, 2021
[s]
Juliusmalema:

Those Igbos are bound to be useless.

There is no better definition of fools than this display of fffoooollllishnnness.
[/s]Impostor you no longer claim to be Igbogringrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 06, 2021
loveth360:
[s][/s]Impostor you no longer claim to be Igbogringrin

Igbos are not Igbos and Igbos are not igbos.

But maybe Abians are Igbos and Igbos are Abians.

We already know who is behind the moniker so enjoy una Ipob status.

Meanwhile Those Igbos are bound to be useless.

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by loveth360(f): 7:40am On Sep 06, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Trash from enemy of Igbo land.

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by popez: 7:41am On Sep 06, 2021
CXLVII:

In the worsts of a rift between itsekiri and Ijaw, none will EVER pitch tent with Igbo`s. Seems you don't know how this lots see Igbo`s, or you just trying to hide it.

An Ikwerre man will prefer to eat with a Ijaw/Itsekiri man than an Igbo man #Facts

You cannot divide the south south!

Stop dragging itsekiris into your stvpidity!!

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by popez: 7:43am On Sep 06, 2021
onumadu:

If you want to know the true warlike disposition of any group in Nigeria, you should read what the early European explorers said about them.
I have never read any European explorer account that did not describe Igbo as warlike. ALL OF THEM.
The fact that Igbo had the balls to fight the whole of Nigeria plus some world powers should settle that fact.
Nigeria has really made some ants to start seeing themselves as elephants. cheesy
Even Jona that became president was because an Igbo woman by the name of Dora Akunyili raised hell and forced the issue to the fore.
if not so, Jona would have quietly gone home and nothing would have happened.
As some point, some of you need to drop the bottle and use your heads for once.

Aptly written
Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Ikwerelastborn: 8:02am On Sep 06, 2021
Daniel058:
Opobo people speak pure Igbo unlike Most of us here in Ebonyi state . grin
Our Dialects aren't that pure Igbo . chai ,owa dukwam Biri-Biri oo ! grin
You Ezza people don't have so clear language in Ebonyi unlike your Edda , Afikpo, ohaozara and ishiagu counterparts which are almost central igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by royal231(m): 8:12am On Sep 06, 2021
BKayy:

Wikipedia that we will change ASAP?

I've been trying to log on to Wikipedia for the past few hours but something seem to be wrong with my chrome.

Ijaw people have absolutely NO historical, cultural or linguistical backing to Ubani and Opobo. They are just riding on Nigerians ignorance, Illiteracy and hate for Ndigbo
The Pepple house they shout about everytime is even Igbo, everything Igbo.
They forgot that Pepple house traded with British and everything was documented from him directly. His ethnicity or country as the British called it was documented, his people documented. Everything

Like most South south tribes
Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 06, 2021
loveth360:

1 Like

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by nengibo: 8:24am On Sep 06, 2021
One man will just sit in his compound and be claiming Ibani land, good luck
Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by loveth360(f): 8:24am On Sep 06, 2021
Juliusmalema:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Swears In Raymond Ozoemena As Chief Judge Of Enugu State / Throwback Pictures Of Peter Obi, Ngige, Osibanjo And Obiano Inspecting Flood / Jonathan Replies Okah: You Are A Drowning Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.