Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,689 members, 7,851,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:58 PM

What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The (930 Views)

Help Ohhh! He Doesnt Want To Leave Me Alone / He Doesnt Call Her / He Doesnt Brush His Teeth In The Evening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by tomimy: 4:23pm On May 23, 2011
I dated a guy for four years, I never loved him. I started dating him when i was 18 but we broke up when i was 23. all through our courtship, we never had sex. I never felt anything for him. I was just in that relationship because the two families were familair. i had alot of things that pissed me off about him. by the time i grew to make my own decisions, time had really been invested in the relationship so i decided to marry him. Thank God it never worked out again even though we already started planning marriage.

Now, coincidentally, we work in the same office, I see him everyday.He is getting married to my coleague who happens to be my friend. his wedding is next month and he hadnt yet invited me but his wife to be has.

What do you think, should i attend or not.
Am not trying to feel important or jealous either cos am not atall, but i feel i should get an invite from him personally since he sees me everyday. Just tell me what you feel.
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by 190: 4:41pm On May 23, 2011
Sit your arse in your house Jor
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by MMM2(m): 6:20pm On May 23, 2011
op
re u sure u never gave him Womanliness?
Cos am finding it difficult 2 believe ur film sorry story.
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by obowunmi(m): 7:54pm On May 23, 2011
@ OP I would attend with a close friend and go have fun. He's moved on and so have you --- so nothing wrong.
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by omega25red(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2011
Op
The question is does his wife to be know of your past with him?
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by Godmother(f): 9:55pm On May 23, 2011
M M M:

op
Cos am finding it difficult 2 believe your film sorry story.

Whats so hard to believe in that? I have done it before and the guy and I are friemds till date.

@OP
Stay in your house if you dont get an invite from him.
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by Nobody: 12:38am On May 24, 2011
@poster
the important question IS: why would you want to attend their wedding?!
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by toyemz(f): 12:44am On May 24, 2011
@poster
okay so your family were/are close
keep it break!
i tell you what?
whether you cared for him or not
respect yourself and stay away
what do you think would happen if the wife he is marrying and her friends happen to see you there?
come see big humiliation oh
if your family are attending, that's their call
its not your duty or moral obligation to be there
pls take a holiday or go visit your friend
leave the city if needs be
don't get involved
that way you wont get disgraced for all the wrong reasons
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by iice(f): 3:30am On May 24, 2011
Are you friends?
How did he feel when you guys broke up.
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by ShyOne(f): 3:46am On May 24, 2011
Surprisingly - I agree with 190

Stay away

What is the point?  Why would you go?  Why would you think twice about this on ANY LEVEL?

Me, personally - the day would come and go and a week or two after the wedding is over - would I even remember the occasion was coming up.  He would have been married  before I even recalled that he was GETTING MARRIED.

My pedicure and manicure, teeth whitening, book reading, swimming, shopping, short and long term goals would have crowded out anything on an event level that involved him and anyone he knows.

DO you - he shouldn't be a thought or a memory.
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by BABE3: 4:28am On May 24, 2011
The bible says "Rejoice with those who rejoice" and "Mourn with those who mourn" (Romans 12:15). A wedding is a beautiful thing (I'll assume).

So pls swallow your pride and Ego and go for the wedding. Since you didn't have any form of Carnal Knowledge with him, No koso~~ Free Jollof Rice and Moin-Moin remember?  cheesy

Your reward is in heaven. Are you a christian? cheesy ---Even if you ain't, GO!

Make sure your Gele/Damask is the mightiest and the most noticeable at the wedding . wink
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by Nekai(f): 4:57am On May 24, 2011
I would still go and show him support. More than likely he didn't want to invite you directly, but he told his fiance to invite you.

I have an ex that I'm still cool with but I wouldn't go out of the way an invite him to my wedding. I woudn't want to take the chance that it would be uncomfortable. He would probably show up anyway and I would be happy that he was supporting me. I think he would be happy if you went, and you would have a nice time.
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by tomimy: 9:59am On May 24, 2011
Op
The question is does his wife to be know of your past with him?

Yes she does because she came to me to seek my opinion when he was asking her out. I had to tell her about it and aslo told her every good thing i knew about him. She is still grateful for that.
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by tomimy: 10:05am On May 24, 2011
M M M (m)
DOWN TOWN PUERTO RICO

op
Cos am finding it difficult

I dont want to reply rudely to you. I beta keep what i have to say in mind. I need candid opinion here and not shit, i wld be glad if you keep off this trend.
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by tomimy: 10:06am On May 24, 2011
obowunmi (m)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ OP I would attend with a close friend and go have fun. He's moved on and so have you --- so nothing wrong.

Even without his invite despite he sees you everyday?
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by MMM2(m): 10:10am On May 24, 2011
:-x :-x :-x
Re: What Do You Think About Attending My Ex's Wedding If He Doesnt Invite Me But The by MMM2(m): 10:13am On May 24, 2011
lipsrsealed
op
am sorry,
but since ur parents will go 4 d wed u can go with them.

(1) (Reply)

What Does He Mean / Here Are 15 Reasons To Date A Mechanic / Love Vs Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.