Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed (9422 Views)

Fish Farming Mustn't Be Catfish Alone, Explore Tilapia Farming In Fullest(video) / Catfish, Tilapia, And Heterotis Brood Stock, Fingerling, And Juvenile. / Production Of 4-6weeks Noilers (2) (3) (4)

Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
Challenges like yours are my area of expertise.

To hatch catfish you have to learn the techniques.

To minimise expenses on feed you use less expensive but good quality feed. Additionally you apply proper feeding techniques

Alternatively and especially for your situation you should find a way to produce feed using local materials.

Are you ready for these tasks?

AMI3:
My challenges are ;
How to hatch catfish

Minimize expensive on feeding
The worst part of it is there is no feed in my local government. The only place that farmers buy feed is now out of stock.

This government ' he get as e b ooo"

The company that this feed is complaining o unavailability of raw materials

How do farmers survive ooo
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by Phoeberesources(f): 7:40am On Dec 10, 2021
Seedlings of hybrid soursop are available for sale in large quantity
Soursop is high in vitamin C, an antioxidant known to boost immune health. The vitamin strengthens your immune system, improving its ability to defend against damage. One whole soursop fruit contains 215% of your recommended daily allowance of vitamin 

Fruiting period is within 3 years

Location Ibadan
( we offer easy transportation)
Chat us on

Others available��
Dwarf Pawpaw
Date palm
Avocado pear
Grapevine
Stevia
Bitter leaf
Water leaf
Pineapple
Pomegranate
Local pear/Ube
Miracle fruit
Moringa
Passion fruit
Strawberry
Mango
Spinach
Kolanut
Bitter cola
Stevia
Plantain (cameroon,elephant)
Banana (Cavendish)
Gauva
Irvingia ogbono/oro
Neem/DongoYaro
Almond
Aggbalumo/udara/cherry
Coconut
African Walnut
Breadfruit
Jackfruit
Noni
Bell apple
Sugar apple
Wanbugu apple.....

Seeds:��������
Watermelon, Okra, Tomatoes, Pepper Onion, cabbage, Lettuce, Carrot, Cucumber,rice, yam, sunflower, flaxseed, sesame, alfalfa, jute, ewedu, garden egg, beans,soya beans, seedling nylon, seed tray, Insecticides, fertilizers…
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by AMI3(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2021
fisher777:
Challenges like yours are my area of expertise.

To hatch catfish you have to learn the techniques.

To minimise expenses on feed you use less expensive but good quality feed. Additionally you apply proper feeding techniques

Alternatively and especially for your situation you should find a way to produce feed using local materials.

Are you ready for these tasks?

Sure I am ready for it.
Bro what is the way forward?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 11:45pm On Dec 15, 2021
Where are you located? We need to arrange for your training if location permits

AMI3:

Sure I am ready for it.
Bro what is the way forward?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by Chukwudiworld(m): 1:00am On Dec 16, 2021
Producing Catfish in mass has never been easier unlike that of Tilapia.
However, for those who wish to get started with catfish Rearing, this resource would come in handy:

https://aqua4nations.com/fish-rearing/start-catfish-rearing/

Enjoy.
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by AMI3(m): 6:13am On Dec 16, 2021
fisher777:
Where are you located? We need to arrange for your training if location permits

Akwa Ibom State
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2021
I may not be able to come there in person presently. But here's what you can do. If there's no other dealer in your state go to umuahia, it's quite close to you, find contacts of fish feed sellers so you can have them send you feed by waybill if the dealer in your area is out of stock. As for production of fish feed you may find materials online to have basic knowledge, so if you have the funds you can actually do something you can use by yourself if you are creative enough, regardless how small. But bear in mind production of high quality fish feed is not easy as some may claim on this platform and elsewhere. If it were easy the present price wouldn't be as high as it is. Try go to umuahia or Calabar, whichever is nearest to you and find dealers who can send feed if your local dealer is out of stock and you're in need

AMI3:

Akwa Ibom State
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by AMI3(m): 11:49am On Dec 20, 2021
fisher777:
I may not be able to come there in person presently. But here's what you can do. If there's no other dealer in your state go to umuahia, it's quite close to you, find contacts of fish feed sellers so you can have them send you feed by waybill if the dealer in your area is out of stock. As for production of fish feed you may find materials online to have basic knowledge, so if you have the funds you can actually do something you can use by yourself if you are creative enough, regardless how small. But bear in mind production of high quality fish feed is not easy as some may claim on this platform and elsewhere. If it were easy the present price wouldn't be as high as it is. Try go to umuahia or Calabar, whichever is nearest to you and find dealers who can send feed if your local dealer is out of stock and you're in need

Ok thank u for the info
Have u been hatching catfish?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 8:34am On Dec 25, 2021
I have hatched catfish. I have done tilapia as well
AMI3:

Ok thank u for the info
Have u been hatching catfish?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by AMI3(m): 7:38pm On Dec 25, 2021
fisher777:
I have hatched catfish. I have done tilapia as well
Can u give me step by step guide?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
Step by step guides like that are for pros. They're not detailed and can easily be found on the net. I'd prefer practical lessons
AMI3:

Can u give me step by step guide?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2021
Are you enjoying the holidays? Remember your broodstock need holidays too. See you next year 2022. We will do some interesting things, God's willing. cool grin
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
Back from holidays and by God's grace Achievement Beckons. I need collaboration. What can you do?

Hatching?

Grow out of table fish?

Smoking?

Feed preparation?

Do you have space but want partners?

Are you based in the East?

Serious folks only

Send me an email let's discuss
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 8:41pm On Jan 08, 2022
It's 2022. Who wants to collab?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2022
Welcome to 2022. Have you planned for the month? Yes it's 11th already but you can still plan for the month. Start today if you haven't already
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by depopson: 8:11pm On Jan 11, 2022
I need buyers for my fish o, please if you can link me up with those that buy in bulk I’m interested.
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 8:58am On Jan 15, 2022
May I suggest you contact your feed seller in your area, they often know such people. Check on this platform and on Facebook also there are other catfish topics and you can post your sales request there as well. I'll let you know when I have such contact for you

depopson:
I need buyers for my fish o, please if you can link me up with those that buy in bulk I’m interested.
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 9:01am On Jan 15, 2022
...and please always add your location when you post sales request just in case

depopson:
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 9:10am On Jan 15, 2022
Try this buyer

depopson:

Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 7:17am On Jan 26, 2022
How are your fishes coping with this harmattan, abi the thing never reach your side?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2022
Fish farming is not for the faint-hearted, neither is it for the reckless. So what does it take to succeed in it?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 7:19am On Feb 01, 2022
I'll suggest you share pictures of some of these fruits especially the ones with unfamiliar names. Pictures of seeds/fruits/plants

Phoeberesources:
Seedlings of hybrid soursop are available for sale in large quantity
Soursop is high in vitamin C, an antioxidant known to boost immune health. The vitamin strengthens your immune system, improving its ability to defend against damage. One whole soursop fruit contains 215% of your recommended daily allowance of vitamin 

Fruiting period is within 3 years

Location Ibadan
( we offer easy transportation)
Chat us on

Others available��
Dwarf Pawpaw
Date palm
Avocado pear
Grapevine
Stevia
Bitter leaf
Water leaf
Pineapple
Pomegranate
Local pear/Ube
Miracle fruit
Moringa
Passion fruit
Strawberry
Mango
Spinach
Kolanut
Bitter cola
Stevia
Plantain (cameroon,elephant)
Banana (Cavendish)
Gauva
Irvingia ogbono/oro
Neem/DongoYaro
Almond
Aggbalumo/udara/cherry
Coconut
African Walnut
Breadfruit
Jackfruit
Noni
Bell apple
Sugar apple
Wanbugu apple.....

Seeds:��������
Watermelon, Okra, Tomatoes, Pepper Onion, cabbage, Lettuce, Carrot, Cucumber,rice, yam, sunflower, flaxseed, sesame, alfalfa, jute, ewedu, garden egg, beans,soya beans, seedling nylon, seed tray, Insecticides, fertilizers…
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 7:20am On Feb 01, 2022
During cold seasons reproductive capability of Catfish and Tilapia is greatly reduced if not halted completely. They're tropical species and require warm waters to thrive
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 7:27am On Feb 01, 2022
During cold seasons it is suggested you reduce feed rate. This is because metabolism of your catfish and tilapia reduce during cold weather/seasons. They will consume less feed, but if they seem to eat as usual they will likely produce more waste than convert the food into flesh or fat. That one no be gain o
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2022
While searching for cheap feed and/or alternative feed for your fishes, remember it's 'garbage in garbage out'. Catfish will not convert Eba and bread into protein for significant growth
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
Fish farm for rent or partnership. Get in touch please.
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
Gorgeous �

Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2022
One step at a time, several stairs at the same time. God with us
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 12:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
The onset of rainy season is the beginning of natural spawning season for Catfish and Tilapia
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 11:24am On Mar 14, 2022
Given the choice, which fish will you prefer to eat?

Tilapia?

Catfish?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 12:46pm On Mar 20, 2022
A bag of locally produced 15kg fish feed should not retail above 7500. What is going on? Why this increment in cost of feed?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 8:55am On Mar 26, 2022
Did you eat fish this week? If yes, which one?

Catfish?

Tilapia?

Croaker?

Mackerel?

Sardine?

Cod (stockfish-Okporoko)?

What influenced your choice?

If you didn't eat fish this week, tell me why?

Freshly Harvested Irish Potatoes For Sale (yellow And White Irish) / Difference Between Starter, Grower And Finisher Feed You Give Your Poultry Birds / How To Start Your Bean Flour Processing Company And Make Millions