Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed (9424 Views)

Fish Farming Mustn't Be Catfish Alone, Explore Tilapia Farming In Fullest(video) / Catfish, Tilapia, And Heterotis Brood Stock, Fingerling, And Juvenile. / Production Of 4-6weeks Noilers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2022
The price of fish feed seems to be increasing further. Is there a sensible reason for it?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 11:33am On Apr 17, 2022
Catfish survives longer outside water if the body remains moist and temperature stays cool. This is not a reason to leave your fish without water because you know they're hardy. Always keep your fish in the best favourable environment for the specie.

Rainy season is here. The natural spawning season for Catfish
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2022
We learn every day. What are the challenges you face in your hatchery that is preventing you from having a successful hatch?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 11:45pm On May 07, 2022
The quality of your hatch depends a lot on the state of your parent fish. Where do you source your parent fish from? If you're keeping yours, what are you feeding them? Bread? Noodles? I'm not saying buy the most expensive feed available; that's not a guarantee. I'm saying know your beans
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 11:30pm On May 17, 2022
...and that's not saying give your fishes beans
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 11:03pm On May 24, 2022
Still taking contacts for partnerships. Hatchery, grow out. DM pls
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 11:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
What specific information do you wish to see posted under this thread?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 1:46am On Jun 19, 2022
It's rainy season. Watch your ponds for overflow if your pond is not designed to control it. If you use earthen pond, watch for dyke erosion especially if the sides are not fortified with sand bags. If you're in areas where crops are grown, watch the use of pesticides and herbicides near your ponds to prevent surface run off/leaching of hazardous chemicals into your pond
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 11:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
They said 'knowledge is power'. How will you like to be empowered? Just ask

Topic is fishfarming
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2022
Do not feed your fishes with poultry manure and several forms of kitchen waste if you want reasonable growth. We did say earlier and we want to repeat, Fish farming is Garbage in Garbage out . Now we want to add - Quality in Quality out Farm responsibly
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 11:25am On Aug 05, 2022
As you're reading this text people are carrying out extensive research on catfish but one person somewhere copy-pastes words from somewhere and makes an ebook, then titles it 'A-Z of Catfish farming'. My opinion is that you consider donating that money to a sick person in a hospital
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 12:06am On Aug 23, 2022
Unless you're using earthen pond, applying animal droppings in a pond containing fish is risky. It will lead to severe deterioration of water quality and may lead to asphyxiation if left unchecked. Give your fish proper fish feed not animal droppings
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2022
Maggots Training Advertisement
Boluwa Golden Solutions is into Insects Engineering that is Black soldier flies maggots production farm set up for fish/poultry/Pigs/Rabbits/Snails/Ruminants/Dogs farmers.
Stop spending so much on compounded animal feed rather use Maggots to reduce your feeding cost on farm.
Call Gbenga on 08136650972 or WhatsApp 08120528950.

Price of food will come down drastically because BSF has all the secret solutions to all farmer's problems because it gives animal protein & organic fertilizer, it also has industrial uses with other derivatives for direct Human use.

We now produce floating fish feed with maggots from our locally fabricated pelletizer operated by petrol engine and we also fabricate for interested people.
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
To be technically correct based on available information, livestock droppings are often used in earthen ponds only to promote algae growth primarily, and not for feeding the fish directly.

fisher777:
Unless you're using earthen pond, applying animal droppings in a pond containing fish is risky. It will lead to severe deterioration of water quality and may lead to asphyxiation if left unchecked. Give your fish proper fish feed not animal droppings
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by excess4luv: 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2022
BoluwGoldenFarm:
Maggots Training Advertisement
Boluwa Golden Solutions is into Insects Engineering that is Black soldier flies maggots production farm set up for fish/poultry/Pigs/Rabbits/Snails/Ruminants/Dogs farmers.
Stop spending so much on compounded animal feed rather use Maggots to reduce your feeding cost on farm.
Call Gbenga on 08136650972 or WhatsApp 08120528950.

Price of food will come down drastically because BSF has all the secret solutions to all farmer's problems because it gives animal protein & organic fertilizer, it also has industrial uses with other derivatives for direct Human use.

We now produce floating fish feed with maggots from our locally fabricated pelletizer operated by petrol engine and we also fabricate for interested people.

I maybe needing this soon
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 9:54am On Sep 30, 2022
We have seen fish pooing fruit seeds in the tank. That shows they were not properly fed besides looking quite emaciated.

At the point where you can no longer afford to properly feed your fish it is advisable to sell them off as quickly as possible unless you are not farming for the market
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 9:56am On Sep 30, 2022
Meals prepared with fish and bitter greens /herbs taste uniquely good. Perhaps the food scientists and Nutritionists can tell us why
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2022
Attention Fish farmers in Aba, Abia State!!!

I trust everything is ok by God's grace. I have the task to organise fish farmers in Aba to be recognised by a larger body of the South-East and Abuja. Any contacts you know in fish farming in Aba pls have them message me and spread the message. Thanks and have a good evening. WhatsApp 09126591642. Message to be notified of future meetings and further enquiries

Note: this is not for online WhatsApp training or for sales. The purpose is to gather people for having a physical and traceable organisation
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 12:00am On Oct 18, 2022
Fish farmers operating earthen pond system, how are you coping with the rainfall this period? I hope not so bad on your side
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 8:42am On Oct 29, 2022
While we enjoy seeing the beautiful pictures of your fish stock, tickle us with the weight of the fish and at what age.

Fish farming is quite different from plant agriculture where your crops mostly sell as good as they look.

In fish farming like other livestock, besides having a healthy stock, the weight of your fish is what determines your profit in grow out operations.

That is the post for today
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2022
Have you eaten fresh fish� this week? I shouldn't tell you everything �
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2022
Fish farming is like any other business which you do for profit. But unlike any other business fish farming is not for everyone. I can offer you professional help and guidance. Don't loose your investment. Don't invest until I have shown you how to do it. Don't throw away your money to online trainers.

I am hardly available for in-person training that's why I share ideas here so this is for limited time only. At your site.

Get in touch 09126591642 now.
2023 begins in 30days. Will you be ready?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2022
Yes you're seeing correctly, square watermelon. It looks beautiful but don't feed your catfish with fruits. If feed becomes too expensive for you, sell your fish. Don't go into fish farming without adequate preparation. I will offer you professional guidance 09126591642.

Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2022
As e dey sweet for eye so, na proper planning make am. Let me do it for you, but with fish. Fish farm success guaranteed.

Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 1:28am On Jan 04, 2023
Open for business
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by Fish4wealth: 6:50am On Jan 05, 2023
I just went through your thread and due to its alignment with my advocacy on catfish farming in all ramification which yours as to do with HATCHING..
In your opiniin how can we unite ?
What partnership do you offer?

I will love to connect with like minds on 070,,88,,62,,8484

I'm based in Lagos
@AgroWealth

1 Like

Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
I do HATCHING and I manage GROW OUT too.

Fish4wealth:
I just went through your thread and due to its alignment with my advocacy on catfish farming in all ramification which yours as to do with HATCHING..
In your opiniin how can we unite ?
What partnership do you offer?

I will love to connect with like minds on 070,,88,,62,,8484

I'm based in Lagos
@AgroWealth

1 Like

Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 8:37pm On Jan 18, 2023
How's the year going so far for your farm operations?
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 9:47pm On Jan 19, 2023
The time it takes for your fish to attain market size of say 500g or 1kg+ will depend on how you manage them. Make una dey remember say fish na living thing, not just a commodity and especially not a mass-produce type of commodity that rolls off a production plant at pre-programmed intervals. Let me work with you - 09126591642

1 Like

Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
What type of pond will you recommend for catfish farming, and why do you recommend it? I want your opinions
Re: Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed by fisher777(m): 11:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
It took10years for the retail price of feed to increase 3x. But the retail price per kg of catfish only increased about 2.4x. Who is paying the extra 0.6x?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Freshly Harvested Irish Potatoes For Sale (yellow And White Irish) / Difference Between Starter, Grower And Finisher Feed You Give Your Poultry Birds / How To Start Your Bean Flour Processing Company And Make Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.