Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,238 members, 7,811,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary (31037 Views)

Have They Increased Your Salary? / How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? / How Not To Spend Your Salary! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Chasegb(m): 11:28am On Sep 08, 2021
I can't stop laughing ...too much sense will not kill you.
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Newusername(m): 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
Redman44:

There are good quality and cheaper sardine alternatives in the market smiley smiley. Must you eat Sardine all the time? There are other brands of canned fish that are cheaper than sardine and geisha. Do your research very well. Use Jiji. ng to check out alternative food products and go to the market to buy them. Cheers.

With all due respect sir, I don't eat sardine or other canned fish. I only sighted an example and I don't think I deserve your supposed advice thanks. Cheers
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by VTJN(m): 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hassanmaye:

May God open doors for you.
Honestly graduate need help in Nigeria
Amen, thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by VTJN(m): 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2021
ultra100:
We now eat twice a day,morning and night.I just know that this phase will pass.
Absolutely

I sincerely look forward to this phase pass by.
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by VTJN(m): 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
oazeez1991:

If u have a laptop and data to spare, plus commitment, and u have a skill in mind, u may send me a WhatsApp message, check my sig 4 it. Let me share u d course training.
Getting a laptop had been my problem.

Lost a transcription job opportunity. A $250 monthly payment, to be working three times weekly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Boniwhite: 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
The erroneous thinking that "If it's working for him, why is he revealing it to people instead of keeping it to himself. And why is he charging money...blablabla"

Do you think every body is selfish?

Don't you know that there are people whose desire is to teach others what they know?...people who love to lift others up.

They're not afraid of competition because they know that the sky is wide enough for every kind of bird to fly at the same time.

And of course, they have to charge money because most times people don't place much value on anything they are given free of charge.

God knows that if I had this your mentality, I wouldn't be where I am now...in my Copywriting journey.

The person that taught me Copywriting has made so much money with the skill, but he chose to start a copywriting academy.
And he's charging a lot of money to teach/how do i contact you?am interested
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Hassanmaye(m): 12:25am On Sep 09, 2021
Romanticzigzag:

How can one save in dollars?

I initially wanted to challenge myself, a dollar a week via PiggyVest but mehn, I took a thought about it.

Currently dollars PiggyVest sells a dollar for 535 and buys a dollar for 520..

Imagine I save a dollar a week every week and let's say in nine months time, I want to sell my dollars to PiggyVest of course, wouldn't it be around 535 or 540?

Can someone help with a good suggestion on how to save bits by bits in dollars..

PS: I know I can earn in dollars though freelancing but for now.. job isn't allowing me to have the ample of time..
YouTube
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Sadox2k4(m): 1:49am On Sep 09, 2021
Only grace has kept most of us cos at times I wonder how I manage to survive in this messed up country....it's been God all the way....
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by tammyboy1(m): 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2021
Bigfish121:
Nah just 18 ooo.i buy when e b dey 20 dollars

lucky you bro, na this kind of coins i dey find
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by TimbaGee(m): 1:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by neoG(f): 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
Thanks.[quote author=Lilfemzie post=105593742][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by justnixon(m): 8:19am On Sep 10, 2021
Newusername:

Sardine was 250naira before per one but now 600/650 naira ma/sir.
250 was expensive...I remember buying Titus for 90/100 naira then it came with a metal to open the tin
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by DonroxyII: 11:15pm On Sep 13, 2021
Angelfrost:

While I subscribe to online business or side hustle, the truth must be told... It isn't that different from real time business, in the sense that you don't start making the real dough immediately... There are ups and downs, uncertainties, losses, inability to break even, etc...

These are pitfalls these mongers won't tell you... Just like a preacher telling you about salvation and the beauty of being saved while failing to let you in on the trials, tribulations, temptations, along the way.

Bottom line, start a side hustle or business (online or real time) but never kid yourself into thinking it will start paying you instantly (except it is criminal)... You must patiently grow, invest, and nurture it to financial maturity.

So, keep hold of your day job, except you have an inheritance, financial support or back up while growing that hustle.

Don't let these internet "millionaires" fool you!

Above all, never forget the cardinal rule: Never venture into anything because others are doing it... If you are not passionate about something, then it will be difficult to grow it as a business. I speak from experience.
You spark well !
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by DonroxyII: 11:24pm On Sep 13, 2021
Aparche:

It's this mindset that keep many of you from taking opportunities that would literally transform your lives.

The erroneous thinking that "If it's working for him, why is he revealing it to people instead of keeping it to himself. And why is he charging money...blablabla"

Don't you know that there are people whose desire is to teach others what they know?...people who love to lift others up.

They're not afraid of competition because they know that the sky is wide enough for every kind of bird to fly at the same time.

And of course, they have to charge money because most times people don't place much value on anything they are given free of charge.

God knows that if I had this your mentality, I wouldn't be where I am now...in my Copywriting journey.

The person that taught me Copywriting has made so much money with the skill, but he chose to start a copywriting academy.
And he's charging a lot of money to teach people the same skill.

Honestly, I thank God for the money I paid, 'cos if it was free of charge, I would have abandoned the program... because of how intensive & difficult it is.

A program I thought will take me 6 weeks, I've still not completed it... although I'm almost done.

But I can see the results: I was able to set up & optimize some gigs on Fiverr by June...earned $40 in July, $68 in August, and this Sept. I've earned $97 so far...

All by just applying what I learned to execute few gigs ...this is someone that knew absolutely nothing about copywriting.

At least I've recouped my investment...and I know it will keep increasing.

So Bros. remove that mindset & goan learn a skill...you can even use YouTube to learn FOC.

Forgive the long epistle.

Venzal right?
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by shantti(m): 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2021
Kubernetes:

Food stuff has started coming down in the North.
Mudu of Rice is now about #520 in the village markets.
New maize and Corn is now #250 and #290 respectively.
Fives average sized tubers of Yam that used to be #3,500 is now about #2,000. But a kilo of cow meat is still is till high and btw #1,800-#2000 in most Northern cities.

If this is true then it's truly a relief, how sure are u on this?
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by TheoBag: 9:04am On Oct 02, 2021
Donbarry043:

Bros please mentor me on freelancing even if it will cost something. Abuja is trying to frustrate my life. Please
I know someone who can teach you, im presently in his class and I can tell you it is superb
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by SavageResponse(m): 6:24am On Oct 08, 2021
Boniwhite:

And he's charging a lot of money to teach/how do i contact you?am interested

Mr man keep quiet!

Anyone who is really making money from what they do will not have time to be chasing ten ten Kobo all over the place!

How many time have you seen Don Jazzy asking people to come pay him 20K so he can teach them how to be a successful music producer?

Of have you ever seen Linda Ikeji or Toke Makinwa placing adverts for people to come for training on blogging?!
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Doubuzofficial: 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
As a good person

abegy

SmellySperm:

Forget my name, as a good person,can u help me in any way?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba! / UBA 1st Level Interview For Jan 2013 / Over 100 Unemployed Youths Atthe National Assembly In Search Of Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.