Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary (31022 Views)

Have They Increased Your Salary? / How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? / How Not To Spend Your Salary! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
The5DME:
I'm still a teenager, and I stay with my parents. The salary is jus for me to take care of myself.
Oh.. Now I understand.
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by millionboi(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
Angelfrost:

Yes I am... For many years now!!! Got married when we still had a sane government in power.

If I were single now, I will remain so as long as I am in this country...
hmmmm
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by millionboi(m): 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
FunnyDude:

Same here. I resigned from my banking job. My life changed when I started earning in USD. Now I earned several thousands of dollars in my apartment. If you still earning in naira you are gone
how?
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Angelfrost(m): 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hassanmaye:

May God protect us in this country, the problem has started reaching them now since they kidnapped a senator and house of representatives member

My point exactly...

The best form of national security is food and financial security for the average citizens.

Anything less means turning the nation into a war zone!

2 Likes

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Angelfrost(m): 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
uvie66:
the thing weak me weytin you dey chop sef wey 400k no go do... last last this one is trying to rub it in people's nose that they are on 400k.

Don't mind the liar...

That's what they do on this forum!

People living from hand to mouth fronting in a faceless forum that they are made!

Just ignore them!!! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Angelfrost(m): 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
millionboi:
how?

Forex Trading and Crypto-currency...

However, the risks are terribly and equally high!!! grin
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by armadeo(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
Limassol:
You mean sardine with not up to 5piecce of flesh is now 6h? I pray we don't go the venezuelean way.

Na 3 or 2 1/2 dey inside sardine now. 5 pieces ke.
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by millionboi(m): 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
armadeo:

Na 3 or 2 1/2 dey inside sardine now. 5 pieces ke.
hahahaha
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Gfskw: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2021
No choice
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
Na that relationship own they baffles me, it should not be so,tell a girl want date her she see u as meal ticket
Johel:

Everything requires money bro...come out of ya house and zoooom!! 5k is gone,move from here to there 3k don go,...how much be small sardine sef ₦550 Abi ₦600,...lol...they will give u 3pcs of chicken for half kilo and tell u it's 1k...like e don spoil reach like that so fast??,not to talk of data sef lol,bro... Everything requires money now even relationships whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Loveknitting: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
Newusername:

Sardine was 250naira before per one but now 600/650 naira ma/sir.

The price of sardine shocked me few days ago. Walahi.
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Romanticzigzag: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Forex or save your money in dollars
How can one save in dollars?

I initially wanted to challenge myself, a dollar a week via PiggyVest but mehn, I took a thought about it.

Currently dollars PiggyVest sells a dollar for 535 and buys a dollar for 520..

Imagine I save a dollar a week every week and let's say in nine months time, I want to sell my dollars to PiggyVest of course, wouldn't it be around 535 or 540?

Can someone help with a good suggestion on how to save bits by bits in dollars..

PS: I know I can earn in dollars though freelancing but for now.. job isn't allowing me to have the ample of time..
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Hassanmaye(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
NamelessOGBENI:
I earn close to 60k minus the side gig.
Now my monthly expenses look this way,
1. Food & Groceries 8-10k
2. Tithes (y'all know the figure)
3. Transportation 3k
4. Siblings support and pocket money 8k
5. Miscellaneous 3k

N.B: I lived the MGTOW life so its the elbow to elbow lifestyle for me, no commitment and I stayed up north.

Folks should kindly factor in their locations while dropping their punchlines here.

So you too agree life is more easier in the north than the wise calling calling the north names
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Bigfish121(m): 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
Nah just 18 ooo.i buy when e b dey 20 dollars

tammyboy1:
lol how many Sol you get?
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by arthurwillia(m): 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
Nnemuka:
Salary earners are trying oo
I earned about 150k from a small gig I did last week Friday 3rd sep. As at today 7th of September I have 18k left of the money...

Omo Naira is useless shocked shocked shocked
I cant even believe I blew over a 100k in 3days...
Ok I bought one human hair grin grin and paid my own contributions towards grandma burial but....

phewww....

Na so
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by arthurwillia(m): 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
fnep2smooth:
hahahaha wahala for anyone way no de make in dollars.
i quit my 9 to 5 job cos at the end all the salary go for transport (Abuja worst) , food, cloth, family and other miscellaneous at the end you get paid 50k. stock jeans self na 7k or above.

but now as a freelancer one job is 50k minimum and within 3 days job is completed, not that time you will be working for 30 days without no sleep because you want to survive. In Nigeria now, you have to work smart not work hard. Skills jobs pay more now.

when the Nigeria bad electricity wanted to make go back to working for someone i discovered solar, now i have light 247 to do my business without buy that their evil fuel price to power my home.

Even having a YouTube channel is more promising than wasting your time following celebrity on all social media.

In my state, people who dig white sand for building construction make more than 7k to 12k daily excluding Sunday, calculate it in one month.

Truly if you can survive in Nigeria, bro i swear you can survive any where in this world.

Lol person we try Dey dig sand daily na Im you Dey use compare, he wan dig sand 6 days a week? Him self Go know for him body

Make good comparisons please

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by arthurwillia(m): 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
Vicilo:

Imaging my landlord increasing rent twice 40k and 100k in less than two years and expect compliance.

My brother if anyone can’t comply you l, make e go rent another house, e no hard
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hassanmaye:

So you too agree life is more easier in the north than the wise calling calling the north names
Minus the insecurity challenges, life up north is simply the easiest.

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Emmatina2013: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hi

Pls can i learn coding on my own with the aid of youtube.

Thanks
UncleJudax:

Learn to code, if you can. Web/mobile/data analysis.

You will be fine.
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by AutoChick4U(f): 4:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
Johel:

Bro... I'm tired, everybody is trying in Naija,but the country make am be like hustling guys are lazy,bills go choke making it look like we ain't making progress financially...imagine earning like 75k and spending over 100k monthly due to unforseen bills and high cost of things,from food to clothes,to housing to transportation to maintaining relationships and a standard lifestyle....E no easy...depression don build duplex for my head,Na everyday migraine dey knack me for one side of my head (left side)... I'm just tired, mentally exhausted, spiritually low, psychologically unbalanced atm...men are working yet nothing to show for when all earnings are used in paying one bill or the other....Na die just remain like this cos I'm tired of this long struggle.
Are u married with kids? If not, take a breather, allow yourself to breathe. And u need a prudent partner to help manage ur resources

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by meedoLock(m): 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2021
To test-run the effect of food hiking in this country, take out a thousand naira note (#1000) and spend fifty naira (#50) outa it, wait on it for 30 minutes. 'Siuuuuuuiiuuuu' all gone without even spending in your mouth nor materialistic consumption. The money in this country as we know it has lost its value.

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Johel(m): 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Are u married with kids? If not, take a breather, allow yourself to breathe. And u need a prudent partner to help manage ur resources

Thanks.
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by veekid(m): 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
Dayleke! If you're seeing this, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

2 Likes

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Boniwhite: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
grossintel:
Do you live on your own? Because I don’t understand how 13k can do all these for you. That’s not even up to how much I spend on airtime alone in a month.
no chance he is living on his own with 13k at time dem dey borrow like 5k or more fore next payday,then some company dey give salary advance(salad)if this becomes a habit,you aint acheive anything till u quit da job

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by IamDavid(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Forex or save your money in dollars
Online jobs. Currency trading. Saving in dollars

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Blueelf: 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
dondave61:
And some persons won't let me rest with their talk of Go and marry! Go and marry! This country weak person o

Abegi no mind them. No be by force to marry

Thus one wey economy don turn many naija girls to runs babes
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Tochilynx: 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2021

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Fadfavy: 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
Can you please put me through as a freelancer
fnep2smooth:
hahahaha wahala for anyone way no de make in dollars.
i quit my 9 to 5 job cos at the end all the salary go for transport (Abuja worst) , food, cloth, family and other miscellaneous at the end you get paid 50k. stock jeans self na 7k or above.

but now as a freelancer one job is 50k minimum and within 3 days job is completed, not that time you will be working for 30 days without no sleep because you want to survive. In Nigeria now, you have to work smart not work hard. Skills jobs pay more now.

when the Nigeria bad electricity wanted to make go back to working for someone i discovered solar, now i have light 247 to do my business without buy that their evil fuel price to power my home.

Even having a YouTube channel is more promising than wasting your time following celebrity on all social media.

In my state, people who dig white sand for building construction make more than 7k to 12k daily excluding Sunday, calculate it in one month.

Truly if you can survive in Nigeria, bro i swear you can survive any where in this world.
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by Gfskw: 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by LegendaryArnold(m): 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
slenjaman:
Dear salary earners like me, how do you manage your salary with the current economic situation and high cost of commodities (more than 50% and above), how do you cope.

my brother na just God oh

1 Like

Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by kriss27(m): 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
JosephXavier:

Skills in IT
Programming to be precise
Okay, does programming require one to have strong mathematical foundation?
Re: Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary by UncleJudax(m): 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
Emmatina2013:
Hi

Pls can i learn coding on my own with the aid of youtube.

Thanks
Yea. but i wouldn't say only YouTube. Mix it up. Books, blogs, videos.

Start building projects as soon as you can.

just do it!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated / The Agony Of Unemployed Medical Graduates In Nigeria / Ways To Apply For A Job Even When You Don't Meet The Requirements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.