Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan (36431 Views)

Someone Used My ATM Card To Shop On Aliexpress / ‘I Only Used My Fingers’; Man Arrested For Raping Girl In Delta State. Photos / How We Extract Bank Details From Stolen Phones To Withdraw Money —suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Brainard22: 10:12am On Sep 07, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Vwo mre na!
Mé mréré ö oniovome

Onana gbevwu unu

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by uchaymart(m): 10:12am On Sep 07, 2021
Lies. How did they login her App?
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Lovelyperson(m): 10:12am On Sep 07, 2021
bencarson007:
I will sue MTN

Sue mtn for what please?
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Pumpumking: 10:13am On Sep 07, 2021
Bola146:
shocked

Hello plise describe yor sef from waist down ward plies? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Lovelyperson(m): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2021
Tekzyflex:
Always put a lock on your SIM card.....my Sim is coded;if it's inserted on a new device or even if I put off my phone. It will prompt me to input the password.

That is the best thing to do for all sim linked to your bank accounts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by infogenius(m): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2021
Imustnottalk:
Next time try this when you are such situation

I believe if this is correct, banks should spend more money advertising this information to protect customers than the silly adverts of 10 people win N10m weekly stuff they advertise these days.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Tapout(m): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
Facts:
The eatery did not have a guard on duty that day. The pharmary beside the eatery had a guard. From the CCTV replay, the first criminal signalled the pharmacy guard “calm down”, before they entered the resturant.

My sister did not write her PIN anywhere or on any things or revealed it to anyone. Her phone had a face-recognition lock, a finger print lock, a code lock. How they managed to access her phone is still a mystery.

GTB salary loan hmmm, that one weak me sef. I don't understand but my cousin told her that it takes less than 5mins to be granted.

The theives cashed the monies at POS points in Orile, Apapa locations etc.

In fact, there are things that are still mystery to us.

They had her sim which was most likely registered to her bank (they can get her bvn too) and atm card. that's an express entry into her account. I would have gone into details but a thief might be reading this too. That's why it's advisable to password your sim card. That way, you can only make use of it only when you input the password if you switch phones.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by KCVLB: 10:14am On Sep 07, 2021
Imustnottalk:

This is just for zenith banj
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Ashirioluwa: 10:15am On Sep 07, 2021
Are you saying the process to get a loan is so easy now in Naija.

I know thieves can’t withdraw all the 500k from ATM that same day. If they transferred the cash to another account then your sister will see that in her banking activity. That can be traceable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by PrinceGallant: 10:15am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
Facts:
My sister did not write her PIN anywhere or on any things or revealed it to anyone. Her phone had a face-recognition lock, a finger print lock, a code lock. How they managed to access her phone is still a mystery

My sympathy to your sister. Though she put security on her phone, she could have done better put security on her SIM too. Those armed robbers remove her SIM and worked on it. Had she put pin lock on the sim, they would not have access to any of her banks.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by McOluOmo: 10:16am On Sep 07, 2021
Imustnottalk:
thanks bro

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by RedEnergy: 10:16am On Sep 07, 2021
Imustnottalk:
This is for Zenith bank alone, because easy whatever is a zenith bank stuff.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by kenoyad: 10:17am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
MTN: She called the MTN customer care service to block her SIM and after explaning the incidence the responser said “Madam, I would like to help you block your line o, but I'm sorry, my supervisor is not on duty now” embarassed

There are many things to say o, many anyhowness in Nigeria but I'll wait and read from you guys first.

Thanks
This is a lie, customer care agent won't say this, just few security questions to ensure she's the owner of the line. I don't contest her sister was robbed and her bank account hacked but that a call agent didn't help to block the line is what I don't buy.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by just2endowed: 10:17am On Sep 07, 2021
Simlock guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Collins4u1(m): 10:17am On Sep 07, 2021
Imustnottalk:

This is for zenith bank only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 07, 2021
I don't believe the 500k loan,at least 50 to 100k without paper work but for 500k? Bank no fit abeg

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by flexyrule(m): 10:18am On Sep 07, 2021
daamazing:
you can request salary loans via ussd. Sim was inserted in a different device
Smart guy...

But they'd still need her PIN to consumate the transaction na

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Shellsploit: 10:19am On Sep 07, 2021
I wonder why no one uses sim puk for the simcards shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Make i see who go come steal my phone, buy credit or borrow loan from sokoloan.

I dey wait!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by SarkinYarki: 10:19am On Sep 07, 2021
Imustnottalk:

This is just for Zenith bank ...didn't you see she is a GT bank customer?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by pennywys(m): 10:19am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
Facts:
The eatery did not have a guard on duty that day. The pharmary beside the eatery had a guard. From the CCTV replay, the first criminal signalled the pharmacy guard “calm down”, before they entered the resturant.

My sister did not write her PIN anywhere or on any things or revealed it to anyone. Her phone had a face-recognition lock, a finger print lock, a code lock. How they managed to access her phone is still a mystery.

GTB salary loan hmmm, that one weak me sef. I don't understand but my cousin told her that it takes less than 5mins to be granted.

The theives cashed the monies at POS points in Orile, Apapa locations etc.

In fact, there are things that are still mystery to us.
op to you it's a mistery but to IT incline elites it is very common. I access my babe phones even with all the security code there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Chijindu160: 10:20am On Sep 07, 2021
What is the default security pin for MTN Sim?
ClitRaider:

Sim Lock is the best
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by infogenius(m): 10:20am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
READ AND LEARN

Two days ago, Sunday 5th September, my sister, her 4 friends and 4 other customers were robbed at an eatery in Ogunlana Drive Surulere.

Time of the day 2pm!
Most people, just like her were coming from church and having a good time at the good time at an eatery.

The three criminals walked in, one at a time, hey hey, surrounded everybody and took all their phones. They went inside the inner room, took laptops and some money and left. They injured some people. My sister was unlucky, her bag was on top of the table, one just casually grabbed it and walked out. No gun shots.

They took all their phones. Then my sister's bag had, two phones, 3 ATM cards money, ID cards, driver's licence etc.

After the theives, for most of them, their first time encounters, they sat there, traumatised, crying, panicky, confused etc.

They called the police, it took till 5:30pm before the police arrived, the resturant replayed CCTV, they guys faces were seen, some other abrakadabra and told they were told to come back to station for statement the next day (Monday).

Monday morning first, she went to GTB and she was informed that the criminals took a loan of 500k from her account because it was her salary account.

Unbelieveable, right? YES!

This account gave me goose pimples just like i was a victim.
Boys are not smiling at all.

For me, for a long time i don't go out with my ATM card (i just have one though) and seems like i won't renew once it expires by October. My phones no longer carries bank apps and i don't receive alerts from my banks.
This gives me a form of confidence in case of a theft.

Nevertheless, one will just need to be extra careful.
God will help us.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by SarkinYarki: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2021
kenoyad:

This is a lie, customer care agent won't say this, just few security questions to ensure she's the owner of the line. I don't contest her sister was robbed and her bank account hacked but that a call agent didn't help to block the line is what I don't buy.

True even at midnight I have called by GT bank to block an account and they de did immediately and only opened it after I visited my branch

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by akankemi1(f): 10:22am On Sep 07, 2021
how do u set up sim lock on samsung galaxy?
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Donspicey: 10:22am On Sep 07, 2021
Brainard22:

Mé mréré ö oniovome

Onana gbevwu unu

Chinese? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Positiveme2020: 10:23am On Sep 07, 2021
Imustnottalk:

Thanks for sharing
Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by don33310(m): 10:23am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
READ AND LEARN

Two days ago, Sunday 5th September, my sister, her 4 friends and 4 other customers were robbed at an eatery in Ogunlana Drive Surulere.

Time of the day 2pm!
Most people, just like her were coming from church and having a good time at the good time at an eatery.

The three criminals walked in, one at a time, hey hey, surrounded everybody and took all their phones. They went inside the inner room, took laptops and some money and left. They injured some people. My sister was unlucky, her bag was on top of the table, one just casually grabbed it and walked out. No gun shots.

They took all their phones. Then my sister's bag had, two phones, 3 ATM cards money, ID cards, driver's licence etc.

After the theives, for most of them, their first time encounters, they sat there, traumatised, crying, panicky, confused etc.

They called the police, it took till 5:30pm before the police arrived, the resturant replayed CCTV, they guys faces were seen, some other abrakadabra and told they were told to come back to station for statement the next day (Monday).

Monday morning first, she went to GTB and she was informed that the criminals took a loan of 500k from her account because it was her salary account.

Unbelieveable, right? YES!
I am very sorry for your sister lost and I am pained

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by pdabiri: 10:23am On Sep 07, 2021
[quote author=flyca post=105568080]MTN: She called the MTN customer care service to block her SIM and after explaning the incidence the responser said “Madam, I would like to help you block your line o, but I'm sorry, my supervisor is not on duty now” embarassed

There are many things to say o, many anyhowness in Nigeria but I'll wait and read from you guys first.

Thanks[if the above is indeed TRUE, kindly sue MTN. All their calls are always recorded as such can be played back. Your sister should try and confirm the time the call was placed and get the phone number used to make that call. Hire a competent and aggressive lawyer that knows what his doing and secure the BAG pls]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Tapout(m): 10:24am On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
MTN: She called the MTN customer care service to block her SIM and after explaning the incidence the responser said “Madam, I would like to help you block your line o, but I'm sorry, my supervisor is not on duty now” embarassed

Thanks

I don't believe this because my phone was stolen towards the end of 2020. I called MTN's rep and was asked a couple of security questions including my mum's maiden name and My sim was blocked instantly. I was even given an incident identification to present whenever I wanted to reactivate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Used My Sister's Bank Details To Collect GT Bank Loan by Brainard22: 10:24am On Sep 07, 2021
Donspicey:

Chinese? shocked shocked shocked
Urhobo wink smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shooting In South Africa As Tanzanian Drug Dealer Kills Taxi Driver (Photos) / Corper Escapes Rape At National Assembly / Intending Couple Shot Dead By Unknown Gunmen A Week To Their Wedding In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.