Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,494 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. (42816 Views)

2012 Honda Accord P0011 Is Killing Me / What Car Is The Most Popular For Women In Nigeria? / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by ProfAmaben(m): 10:06am On Sep 08, 2021
H2ho:

Sell the gaddam thing grin

That's wickedness, dispose the god-damned thing, it's a problem to the world. grin

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by nosiebaba(m): 10:07am On Sep 08, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Making your fan work as soon as you start the car means you are bypassing the thermostat and it is a bad idea
No vex. I disagree, it's not an ideal idea but then it's not a bad idea. It might not be the best idea but it's more than a good idea.

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by anyicash(m): 10:08am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
Please I bought my car about a month now. (Toks)
As I was bringing it in, I didn’t know the car was overheating and it burnt my gasket. I fixed it in agony.
Now just today, after parking it for 9 days I called the mechanic who told me I had to change the 4 coils, plugs and do a fresh servicing. I did all this and even bought two new gallons of coolant. Dear people, do you know that after an hour of all this, I tried to test drive , just along the way I noticed the car was over heating then I Tried to look for a little safe place And park. I opened my engine bay and noticed that gasket is burnt again! All my money down the drain! The stress, the agony, the everything. I’m so so sad! Trying really to be strong. Please people, what can I do? Now the car won’t start and I had to pay a towing van to tow it. Sorry about my grammar. My heart is just too heavy. Thanks. Any opinion is welcome.
sell the to a dealer, or take it to a professional servicing centre.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Bakerdav: 10:08am On Sep 08, 2021
nosiebaba:
You fixed overheating without tracing or addressing what caused the overheating in the first place.
I think your radiator is bad, or the fans are not working , or the water pump is bad.
If its the radiator, change the radiator, maybe the cells are blocked or its expired.
For the radiator fan, tell the electrician you want the fans to be working as soon as you turn the ignition on.
For the water pump, ita unlikely that's the cause.but they should check it
pls follow this advise ,this person advise is right

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by mrphysics(m): 10:08am On Sep 08, 2021
kokanepyramid:

All these yarns are hogwash your Kazeem tells you.
I’ve owned a BMW 325XI for 5 years and a Honda Accord for 3 years I’ve never bypassed anything in my cooling system. I change my oil once a year( I use synthetic oil) and my cars are still delivering. Never had a breakdown other than that related to a weak battery. My cars have never slept in mechanic workshop for whatever reasons and I use them in Lagos traffic and travel interstate sometimes.
Bro, it depends on the engine.

Like I guess and for mine, Toyota Camry 2012-2014 have Aluminium engine not the steel ones. So the major problem is the overheating. Solve it and have peace. I drove a Toyota Corolla and it never gave me any engine issue at all. Only the normal shock, stabilizer leakage, etc issue.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by smiliyB(f): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Good evening. When I went to buy this car, I went with a mechanic and he told me all is good. Same him is fixing my car now. Please any mechanic suggestion? As I am currently in lagos.
You no suppose they use him again after the incident, you can see he is not competent, he just want to be cashing out

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by deavicky(m): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
As I was bringing it in, I didn’t know the car was overheating and it burnt my gasket. I fixed it in agony.
Now just today, after parking it for 9 days I called the mechanic who told me I had to change the 4 coils, plugs and do a fresh servicing. I did all this and even bought two new gallons of coolant. Dear people, do you know that after an hour of all this, I tried to test drive , just along the way I noticed the car was over heating then I Tried to look for a little safe place And park. I opened my engine bay and noticed that gasket is burnt again! All my money down the drain! The stress, the agony, the everything. I’m so so sad! Trying really to be strong. Please people, what can I do? Now the car won’t start and I had to pay a towing van to tow it. Sorry about my grammar. My heart is just too heavy. Thanks. Any opinion is welcome.
what car is that?
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by nosiebaba(m): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2021
Bakerdav:
pls follow this advise ,this person advise is right
It is well with you bro

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Habib101: 10:09am On Sep 08, 2021
Try another mechanic, a professional and see how it goes, you can't judge by using one mechanic
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by captainking(m): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Good evening. When I went to buy this car, I went with a mechanic and he told me all is good. Same him is fixing my car now. Please any mechanic suggestion? As I am currently in lagos.
Arrest that mechanic.. He was probably bribed by the car dealer.. It's even possible you bought naija used car repackaged as tokumbo.. What car is this??

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Collyno82(m): 10:10am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
is my car a brand of a car. The car should at least possess a name, perhaps someone who owns such a ride can profer lasting and reasonable solution.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Empredboy(m): 10:10am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
that your Methe car comes to a hot region (Nigeria) the "first thing that mechanic do is to remove the thermostat. take it to a good mechanic since this one doesn't know that it's thermostat problem. chanic is an olodo, most tok motors come with thermostat which is used in the country of origin (Europe for example) due to their cold weather so once
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by MARKone(m): 10:12am On Sep 08, 2021
Daniluv1:
Must you own a car?

Sell jare and stop disturbing us here we have more important issues to talk about

Abeg I hear say soup and Vaseline don cost now

How person wan come take dey masturbate now

All these NECO kids wey full Nairaland, will never contribute anything meaningful. If you wanna be senseless, and make stupid jokes, find a suitable section that meets your need, idiot couldn't even spell soap correct. Seun suppose create kiddie's section sef.

2 Likes

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by yrex01(m): 10:12am On Sep 08, 2021
buygala:

A problematic car is worse than trekking..in fact, at some point you will get to start envying those trekking...

Let's just hope you haven't used your money to buy "village people".. if you have, I assure you that a short time from now, you will trek with a heavy heart when the car has demolished your bank accountgrin
na for inside nolywood I Dey see ur kind of person I don’t know u lads exist for real. Wetin Dey end una story Dey always bad
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by colestephan86: 10:13am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
What brand is the car
If it's Europe , u need patience to handle them
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by umuna(m): 10:13am On Sep 08, 2021
spill:
Hi Mskrisx,

Always call or visit mechanics that scans your car first before repairs or visit car scanner guys, it will definitely help.

The way I work on my car is this, I invite a car scanner to scan my ride anytime I notice anything abnormal. Immediately the problem codes are pulled out, I collect all the codes, make research and watch YouTube videos on how to fix the problems.

Then I will invite a mechanic and direct him on what I want him to do. I'm always willing to pay the mechanics well but must follow my instructions while working because I have done my research very well.

I drive around with less stress and I scan my car like 2 times in a month. I tried getting a scanner to be scanning it myself but Jumia delivered rubbish scanner that takes forever to connect to my car. I will make out chance visit the market and get a good scanner for myself to reduce cost of inviting the car scanner.

Always know the cause of the problem before working on your car. Don't allow mechanics to suggest or guess.

Finally, collect and keep safe every part a mechanic removed from your car. Make sure you collect the coils he replaced and keep it safe.

I love your write up and advise. I actually bought my scan tool via Alibaba.com. I scan, watch YouTube for same fault codes, before heading to the mechanic. My mechanic is always afraid of me because there is no room for scamming me. The ops did not even tell the make and model of the Car

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:14am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Hi good morning. It is Toyota Camry 08.
Thanks for writing back.

I have responded in original quote
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 08, 2021
mrphysics:

Like I guess and for mine, Toyota Camry 2012-2014 have Aluminium engine not the steel ones. So the major problem is the overheating. Solve it and have peace. I drove a Toyota Corolla and it never gave me any engine issue at all. Only the normal shock, stabilizer leakage, etc issue.
What I’m saying is bypassing and making the fans work 24/7 will have effect on several components of the car, like plugs, emission system, fuel consumption and lifespan and performance of the engine.

Overheating can be caused by bad radiator(leaking or blocked), bad thermostat (stuck in closed position) or fans not working. Gasket is not the cause of overheating, overheating only affects gasket. Notice the difference. Changing gasket doesn’t solve the problem. The OP only changed gasket reason the problem resurfaced.

If you have a collision due to brake failure that damaged your head lamps for example does replacing the headlights alone stop reoccurrence? You’ll need to fix the brake issues to stop reoccurrence that’s my point.

3 Likes

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Nwchkwgz: 10:17am On Sep 08, 2021
Kinimajor:
No be lie Bro had same issues with my Lexus ES300 I l later sold it
Chai people just Dey buy problem
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by umcsolutions: 10:17am On Sep 08, 2021
Boss there is a whole lot of issues that can bring about this over heating.

1. Bad or Blocked Radiator.
2. Faulty Fan.
3. Bad Radiator cover as small as it seems.
4. Is your radiator a double or single cell.
5. Licking water hose and lots more.

You need an experience hand to trace the fault as the burning gasket is the final result to an unattended issue.

Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by TheGiftedOne(m): 10:18am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.

Your monika says female but we all know without any doubt the story portrays the travails of a male.

Back to the topic just GAZZUZZ the car. He's your last bust stop.

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Blackfire(m): 10:18am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Good evening. Please I read all you wrote. This Mechanic seems incompetent. Can you recommend anyone to me as I am currently in Lagos. Thank you Sir.

Send thunder to fire that mechanic first.. He will be your car doom..
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by asunaobi(m): 10:21am On Sep 08, 2021
If the water pump and radiator fan are working ok and it still over heats. Chances are your car still have radiator thermostat. Tell the mechanic to take the radiator thermostat out. It is not required in tropical climate. It takes only 5mins to do that.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by highoctane: 10:22am On Sep 08, 2021
Oche211:
Just sell the car and have peace of mind
If you want to.know how to deal with bad marriage, bad friends, bad children, bad anything. Manage an old car, it will teach you how to carve patience on stone.
It's a lesson I learnt from my Dad, it like wasting precious energy and time, washing ones car tyres, as if you will carry it on your head to church.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Babastrong(m): 10:22am On Sep 08, 2021
Sell the car and use the money for any reasonable investment or add more money to buy another car if you can't afford to bode a public bus.
please kill the car before it kills you or scatter your home as a result of negative emotion.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by captainking(m): 10:23am On Sep 08, 2021
Lance7621:

Well said. Op follow this advice and in addition, please buy a 2 cell radiator & remove the thermostat if it is still present. It will make the cooling system better. Since I bought this, get fans working at ignition start and change the water pump, I have add a good experience. I have a good mechanic I can recommend for you to fix your car
Your advice is a bad one in the Auto World..
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by bayobabe(f): 10:25am On Sep 08, 2021
So people shouldn't use cars again because they could buy one that is problematic? I am short of words on your matter
buygala:

grin

Envy of what exactly Miss? smiley

Your car is putting you through trials and tribulation wey we no sabi when e go end, and you talk about envy? grin

Puleeeeesssseeee
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by nosiebaba(m): 10:26am On Sep 08, 2021
mrphysics:

Bros leave am, somebone that has never experienced over heating will be advising someone that has experienced it.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by captainking(m): 10:27am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Hello lance. Good morning. Thanks for writing back. Can I have the person’s number? I appreciate.
Please don't use his mechanic.. He already gave you a bad advice... Don't replace thermostat.. Consult gazzuzz if in mainland.. Radautoworks in island.
It's either your thermostat is bad.. Your fans not working or not set to work the proper way.. Or your radiator is bad or clogged.. Or your water pump...
Let your mechanic start from the least to the most... Just consult gazzuzz... Then come back and open another thread of review and thanks after some months.

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by descartes400: 10:27am On Sep 08, 2021
buygala:

grin

Envy of what exactly Miss? smiley

Your car is putting you through[b] trials and tribulation [/b]wey we no sabi when e go end, and you talk about envy? grin

Puleeeeesssseeee

The Trials and Tribulations of Brother Jero! grin
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by seyigiggle: 10:28am On Sep 08, 2021
sorry about what your bad experience.

1. check for coolant leak. this is a major cause of rising temp due to trapped air bubble (take this more serious).
2. bleed the coolant system to avoid air trapped (also very important)
3. change the thermostat

revert after these has been confirmed ok

Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by mrphysics(m): 10:28am On Sep 08, 2021
kokanepyramid:

What I’m saying is bypassing and making the fans work 24/7 will have effect on several components of the car, like plugs, emission system, fuel consumption and lifespan and performance of the engine.

Overheating can be caused by bad radiator(leaking or blocked), bad thermostat (stuck in closed position) or fans not working. Gasket is not the cause of overheating, overheating only affects gasket. Notice the difference. Changing gasket doesn’t solve the problem. The OP only changed gasket reason the problem resurfaced.

If you have a collision due to brake failure that damaged your head lamps for example does replacing the headlights alone stop reoccurrence? You’ll need to fix the brake issues to stop reoccurrence that’s my point.
I understand your point bro, understand mine. I quoted your response.

I had similar issues and it's been resolved I guess. Though every morning I check my water level and while driving I keep an eyes on the temperature reading too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The All New 2019 Toyota Avalon Is Full Of Sophistication And Style (photos) / Keke Driver Burns To Death After Being Chased By Policemen (graphic Photo) / Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.