Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. (42732 Views)

2012 Honda Accord P0011 Is Killing Me / What Car Is The Most Popular For Women In Nigeria? / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by wunmi590(m): 10:28am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Good evening. Please I read all you wrote. This Mechanic seems incompetent. Can you recommend anyone to me as I am currently in Lagos. Thank you Sir.

Reach out to @gazzuzz
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by pikechukwu6(m): 10:29am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
Please I bought my car about a month now. (Toks)
As I was bringing it in, I didn’t know the car was overheating and it burnt my gasket. I fixed it in agony.
Now just today, after parking it for 9 days I called the mechanic who told me I had to change the 4 coils, plugs and do a fresh servicing. I did all this and even bought two new gallons of coolant. Dear people, do you know that after an hour of all this, I tried to test drive , just along the way I noticed the car was over heating then I Tried to look for a little safe place And park. I opened my engine bay and noticed that gasket is burnt again! All my money down the drain! The stress, the agony, the everything. I’m so so sad! Trying really to be strong. Please people, what can I do? Now the car won’t start and I had to pay a towing van to tow it. Sorry about my grammar. My heart is just too heavy. Thanks. Any opinion is welcome.

You better find a good electrician to scan your car before use... You just played around with the stem but forgot the root.

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by captainking(m): 10:29am On Sep 08, 2021
mrphysics:

I don't need to read further to know this is Toyota Camry 2012-2014 Model.

I had also exact same experience and still having some issues.

This is not my first car but none of them have given me issues like this. I was even considering selling the car. @Mskrix, these are the things I did to stop the overheating:

1. Got a new Gasket (A good one)
2. Removed the thermostat and allowed it flow through
3. Used a relay and something to ensure the fan is blowing at all time and doesn't fail during driving
4. Changed the radiator from single cell to double cell

If you do this as I guess you may have done some of them, you shouldn't be having issues.

Important to state that the first Top Gasket I put was a fake one, so it burnt and dropped me on the road at night.
Are you aware you have kazeemized your car?
You fixed the issue.. Yes.. Car is no longer factory standard..

3 Likes

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by mrphysics(m): 10:29am On Sep 08, 2021
seyigiggle:
sorry about what your bad experience.

1. check for coolant leak. this is a major cause of rising temp due to trapped air bubble (take this more serious).
2. bleed the coolant system to avoid air trapped (also very important)
3. change the thermostat

revert after these has been confirmed ok

Bleeding depends on the engine type. If it's a V6, you bleed, but not V4.

Her problem is a known one and could easily be solved. It happens

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by mrphysics(m): 10:32am On Sep 08, 2021
captainking:

Are you aware you have kazeemized your car?
You fixed the issue.. Yes.. Car is no longer factory standard..
I mean how does it concern me? When it was factory standard and I was spending money on a lot of things, how did the factory standard fix the issue?

See, after sometime, I replaced the thermostat, and the gasket burnt, that's the last one.

I have relative peace of mind now and can use the car AC.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Sapaz02: 10:34am On Sep 08, 2021
You said you bought it just a month ago ryt? So why not return it to the dealer you bought it from? Or is there a clause which states that u can't do it?
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Prince001(m): 10:34am On Sep 08, 2021
greggng:
A month tokunbo stressing you like this. I guess you didn't carry out due diligence before buying this ride . First , you have to go learn about car with a view to getting more experience on how car works . This might sound naive but is truth ...otherwise you may be forced to sell this ride to someone that understands what he ought to do. May be they sold a lemon to you . Take it to a good mechanic for proper check up

Trust me, the most problem of a car in naija depends on d mechanic most of them know nuttin or they have outdated knowledge. imagine someone that got mechanic freedom during the time when there's no automatic or electronics car, that person cant fix ur car but they will only be speculating fault thats not there. After they have done with it then they will blame u for my buying that type of car.
My advice to you is to try a standard mechanic workshop, not all those roadsides. I know it's expensive but u will get what u paid for with a guarantee!

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by EPIJOE: 10:35am On Sep 08, 2021
nosiebaba:
You fixed overheating without tracing or addressing what caused the overheating in the first place.
I think your radiator is bad, or the fans are not working , or the water pump is bad.
If its the radiator, change the radiator, maybe the cells are blocked or its expired.
For the radiator fan, tell the electrician you want the fans to be working as soon as you turn the ignition on.
For the water pump, ita unlikely that's the cause.but they should check it

THOSE THREE MENTIONED ABOVE ONE IS THE CULPRIT. AND YOU FELL IN FOR A USELESS KAZIM MECHANIC.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Olayetan(m): 10:35am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Hello ola. An 08 Camry SE. Thank you.

That's generally camry issue.

1st, change the cell to double cell
The radiator may also need to be changed and whenever you're in traffic, keep an eye on your temperature metre....

You just need a good mechanic.

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Whobedatte(m): 10:36am On Sep 08, 2021
nedekid:
Pls don't make your fan permanent as adviced above. It could cause other problems.
If you are around akowonjo/Egbeda axis, I could give you a good Japanese car mechanic that will fix your car at minimal reasonable cost. Ie your burnt gasket.
As per overheating, if it concerns your radiator, forget it. Simple matter. "Murphy Agbede" will take out that radiator, open the cells and clean it up. That car will work like new.
My sis pajero after all the rubbish by lekki mechanics and overheating still continued, I told her to send the car over. Sharp sharp overheating from radiator was fixed. 2 years later, still no issues.
Bros , kindly recommend the mechsnic

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 08, 2021
asunaobi:
If the water pump and radiator fan are working ok and it still over heats. Chances are your car still have radiator thermostat. Tell the mechanic to take the radiator thermostat out. It is not required in tropical climate. It takes only 5mins to do that.
Who told you this lie about radiator thermostats not required in tropical climates.

Why not remove your pressing iron thermostat too since you use it in tropical climate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Kobicove(m): 10:42am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Good evening. Please I read all you wrote. This Mechanic seems incompetent. Can you recommend anyone to me as I am currently in Lagos. Thank you Sir.

You need to disclose the make and model of the car before you can get a useful recommendation because most competent mechanics special on particular brands
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by frozen70(f): 10:43am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Where is your location in Lagos
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 08, 2021
nosiebaba:

Bros leave am, somebone that has never experienced over heating will be advising someone that has experienced it.

Lol, you can’t tell me about cars. Overheating is not a death sentence it happens everywhere. Something failed and instead of fixing it you are advising OP to bypass. Which will damage the engine long term

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by EmmyNorse(m): 10:45am On Sep 08, 2021
maybe your top cylinder is condemned or next time remove your thermostat completely and get a double cell radiator with a paper gasket
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:45am On Sep 08, 2021
This is why I keep saying... if you are not buoyant and ready to own a car, don't buy because you see your friends buying...

Auction the car to scrap dealers before it kills you
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by computerglobal(m): 10:47am On Sep 08, 2021

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by EPIJOE: 10:47am On Sep 08, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Who told you this lie about radiators not required in tropical climates.

Why not remove your pressing iron thermostat too since you use it in tropical climate.

PEOPLE FAIL TO REALISE THAT THE ECM BRAIN BOX CONTROLS THE THE THERMOSTAT AND ALL ENGINE PERFOMANCES. TO MAKE THE CARS RUN SMOOTHLY.. REMOVAL OF THERMOSTAT OVER RIDES THE SYSTEM PERFORMANCE AND KILLS THE ENGINE WITH TIME

2 Likes

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Crocif: 10:48am On Sep 08, 2021
Hello madam

If you value peace of mind, contact GAZZUZZ.

He came to my rescue when I had issues.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by johnson8213: 10:49am On Sep 08, 2021
Good day sir. I have a similar experience with my car. God will help you to fix the gasket again. After fixing it, ensure you check the water return outlets on the engine. Start the car, continue to pour water in the radiator until the water comes out of the return outlets. This is called bleeding. You can look for an expert to do it for you. Fix the pipe back and the problem of overheating is solved. For a car like yours, you dont just pour water in the radiator. You must bleed it.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Kellie069(m): 10:49am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
As I was bringing it in, I didn’t know the car was overheating and it burnt my gasket. I fixed it in agony.
Now just today, after parking it for 9 days I called the mechanic who told me I had to change the 4 coils, plugs and do a fresh servicing. I did all this and even bought two new gallons of coolant. Dear people, do you know that after an hour of all this, I tried to test drive , just along the way I noticed the car was over heating then I Tried to look for a little safe place And park. I opened my engine bay and noticed that gasket is burnt again! All my money down the drain! The stress, the agony, the everything. I’m so so sad! Trying really to be strong. Please people, what can I do? Now the car won’t start and I had to pay a towing van to tow it. Sorry about my grammar. My heart is just too heavy. Thanks. Any opinion is welcome.

Omo na exactly watin do me for my Corolla ! Iffah buy 2 coils @ 7k each, if I reach house from workshop , make I go flex later, omo motor nor go fire again! Another coil don die! I suffer eh! Use 79k fix car in 2weeks’ I jejely package am give person on hire purchase! Financed through a micro finance company!! I nearly craze! Op, once u do through servicing , e go de alright! It’s not about replacing what got bad, but finding the reason why it got bad

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by DavidEsq(m): 10:49am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
The heading of this thread is killing me grin grin grin grin
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by dotun4luv(m): 10:50am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
Change the radiator from single cell to double. The problem will become the past.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 08, 2021
EPIJOE:

PEOPLE FAIL TO REALISE THAT THE ECM BRAIN BOX CONTROLS THE THE THERMOSTAT AND ALL ENGINE PERFOMANCES. TO MAKE THE CARS RUN SMOOTHLY.. REMOVAL OF THERMOSTAT OVER RIDES THE SYSTEM PERFORMANCE AND KILLS THE ENGINE WITH TIME
If they pay close attention the first sign they’ll notice after this bypass is engine rev becomes high at idle, because the car is trying to warm up to optimum temperature and since it keeps getting cooled since there’s no thermostat to regulate flow of water to the engine the rev stays high.

High rev means high consumption of fuel, high fuel consumption at consistent low temperature will cause wet block resulting in wet plugs and smoky engine with time. Low engine performance and hard start on cold mornings with engine stalling sometimes.

Reason within 2 to 3 years they want to sell the car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by NelviusGrey(m): 10:53am On Sep 08, 2021
Just fix it and sell it off bro...best advice
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Mikemicah(m): 10:54am On Sep 08, 2021
[quote author=Mskrisx post=105596147]Good evening everyone.
[/quote
It very simple most toks car come with single cell radiator because there weather is good so you have to change it to double cell then I will not advise you to connect your radiator fan directly let it work on sensor then fixed your gasket, try this and thank me later.
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by lekanation(m): 11:03am On Sep 08, 2021
There is a temperature gauge.. You have to watch it more often to see if your car is overheated or not.. Such happened to me thrice on different cars and after I mastered everything it never happen to me for few years now... There are things you should tell your mechanic to watch out for or rewire.. Water pump, Fan and fan belt, dirty radiator and lastly the plastic ontop of the radiator.. I battled that plastic radiator cover for a year before knowing it was my problem. Let me know the type of car too
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by 2kurupt(m): 11:06am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Yes, I almost die.
I’d rather have a pregnant Wife than not being to afford any bride price at all.
Bro na MY CAR, and one good mechanic’s touch, everything bad will be history. ( that’s why I am soliciting opinions.

Na poor man say Guinness they sweet am when Andre Rosé Dey.

Thank you and happy trekking.

grin grin grin

This clap back is on another level

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Temidayo9(m): 11:09am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:
Good evening everyone.
Something is definitely wrong with your car water circulation
Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Slurity(m): 11:09am On Sep 08, 2021
nosiebaba:
You fixed overheating without tracing or addressing what caused the overheating in the first place.
I think your radiator is bad, or the fans are not working , or the water pump is bad.
If its the radiator, change the radiator, maybe the cells are blocked or its expired.
For the radiator fan, tell the electrician you want the fans to be working as soon as you turn the ignition on.
For the water pump, ita unlikely that's the cause.but they should check it
This comment above has fixed the car already. All possible cause and solutions are embedded here apart from village people

1 Like

Re: My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me. by Kaodek(m): 11:10am On Sep 08, 2021
Mskrisx:

Yes, I almost die.
I’d rather have a pregnant Wife than not being to afford any bride price at all.
Bro na MY CAR, and one good mechanic’s touch, everything bad will be history. ( that’s why I am soliciting opinions.

Na poor man say Guinness they sweet am when Andre Rosé Dey.
Thank you and happy trekking.
I love this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

If You Scratch This ₦902k Car Paint,It Will Repair Itself When Exposed To Heat / The All New 2019 Toyota Avalon Is Full Of Sophistication And Style (photos) / Keke Driver Burns To Death After Being Chased By Policemen (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.