Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? (19829 Views)

What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer / My Life As A Teacher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Orente21(f): 9:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
[quote author=Kaka77 post=105624635][/quote] All these certificates and experience u mentioned requires lot of money and we that dnt have anyone to support us except the 20k salary we r earning are hopeless.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by ogbonnajose(m): 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2021
Please show us the way

CalvinGaye:
Work as an online Teacher.

Earns BTW $3000 to $7000 monthly.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by ComrdDRS1: 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2021
Admin doing the gbogbo time gbo 18k
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Rexymania(m): 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2021
grin double wahala for dead body grin angry

Sniper4real:
Hmmm

Please, i need someone to help me with 20k. I need to pay a loan app. And it'll be due by tomorrow. Please bosses
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by adonis89(m): 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2021
2 subjects, 3 classes. 70k salary

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Joeyfizzo: 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2021
If my child grows up and tells me she or he wats to go to a Poly or study any useless course like Maths, English, Marketing I will break cain on that child

2 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Sniper4real(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
Rexymania:
grin double wahala for dead body grin angry

Please help me
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Rexymania(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
Bro I'm interested... But if its forex, count me out

Nikkganc08:
I once taught some kids during d Corona holiday.

The pay was 5k per month and I just needed it (at least to purchase toothpaste, bathing soap and other small stuffs like barbing hair).

Luckily, d place was like a 20 minutes trek from my house. So, I trekked everyday to save cost.

Once paid, the first thing I do is to remove 500naira from d money (for taking myself out and spoiling myself).

I usually buy a bottle of malt + 300naira goat meat.

Then start managing d rest .

All thanks to d day I stumbled on a nairaland thread by @Venzal.

A lot changed.

Although I'm not active with d copywriting he taught (for free) , i managed to figure other stuffs out.

Nowadays , its a taboo for a day to pass without me seeing at least 3k (without leaving my room).

It can be 3k, 5 or up to 10.

Yeah...

On lucky days, 15 - 50k at once.

But a day or two doesn't just pass without me seeing some cash.

I regret ever working as a lesson teacher.

Can't even do it for 40k monthly pay.

Its not worth my time
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Chithauri(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
Private school teaching is hell. most of the school owners are putas. I work as an elephant in my school and earn #48000. private school teaching is modern day slavery

4 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by joshmee4real(m): 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
mrksquare:
The workload isn't much. Teach Just two classes : SS3 and SS2 Financial Accounting and earn above 100k. By next year I should be on level 12 if the insensitive Wike-led Government will elect to promote workers. I've been stagnant for 9years on same level.
Level 10 in Nigeria, above 100k?
I doubt your story

2 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Rexymania(m): 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
Don't panic just block them and move on...simple

Sniper4real:

Please help me
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Adekaka12345: 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
CalvinGaye:
Work as an online Teacher.

Earns BTW $3000 to $7000 monthly.

Na so e easy. Lol

2 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by boom99(m): 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
15k is small na. You can easily put yourself in a good position where you earn at least 100k.

2 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Hardtalk: 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
JABAIDO:
I teach 11 subjects and I earn 15k monthly

[Breakdown of the subjects]
I teach Primary 3 and 4 students Mathematics and I teach JSS 1 to JSS 3 Maths, ICT and BST.

The relief for a while now is that after the JSS 3 students concluded their state exams, they haven't been coming to school.

As a teacher, what's your workload and pay range?

PS: I took advantage of a situation to request for an increase last month and 2k was added.....
If not for that, it's not deemed fit to be reviewed....

Subjects or periods? Clarify please.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by MrOkenwa(m): 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
I pay my sons' home lesson teacher 40k per month.
They're in Primary 1 and nursery 2 respectively.
She teaches them after school and helps them with their assignments.
4 days per week, 3 hours per visit.

4 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by bsanya(f): 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
I head the Secretariat section in my school and I still teach, pay is minimum wage
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Sniper4real(m): 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
Rexymania:
Don't panic just block them and move on...simple

They can message my contacts
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by JABAIDO(m): 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hardtalk:

Subjects or periods? Clarify please.
Subjects, boss.
Mathematics is a daily thing...
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by VTJN(m): 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
joshmee4real:

Level 10 in Nigeria, above 100k?
I doubt your story
Level 11 moving to 12
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Rexymania(m): 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ehn, let them message your contacts na, will your friends and family kill you?

Sniper4real:

They can message my contacts
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Adekaka12345: 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
MrOkenwa:

Teachers are truly suffering.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by abobote: 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
ShedrachU:

Surely, it's the fault of his proprietor or proprietress not Hope or Buhari, so allow him support who he wants to.
Then he should stop calling whenever he is broke, coz any Buhari or Hope supporter doesn't deserve pity
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by VTJN(m): 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2021
MrOkenwa:
That's very encouraging. You're a good man

I wish i could get something like that to support myself and family

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by VTJN(m): 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2021
Rexymania:
Bro I'm interested... But if its forex, count me out

smiley smiley

Forex don show u sumtin ni smiley smiley
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Bishopino: 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2021
JABAIDO:

I teach Primary 3 and 4 students Mathematics and I teach JSS 1 to JSS 3 Maths, ICT and BST.

The relief for a while now is that after the JSS 3 students concluded their state exams, they haven't been coming to school.

PS: I took advantage of a situation to request for an increase last month and 2k was added.....
The 15k na weekly pay abi na monthly pay? Ò di egwu ooo
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Opeyemic01: 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nikkganc08:
I once taught some kids during d Corona holiday.

The pay was 5k per month and I just needed it (at least to purchase toothpaste, bathing soap and other small stuffs like barbing hair).

Luckily, d place was like a 20 minutes trek from my house. So, I trekked everyday to save cost.

Once paid, the first thing I do is to remove 500naira from d money (for taking myself out and spoiling myself).

I usually buy a bottle of malt + 300naira goat meat.

Then start managing d rest .

All thanks to d day I stumbled on a nairaland thread by @Venzal.

A lot changed.

Although I'm not active with d copywriting he taught (for free) , i managed to figure other stuffs out.

Nowadays , its a taboo for a day to pass without me seeing at least 3k (without leaving my room).

It can be 3k, 5 or up to 10.

Yeah...

On lucky days, 15 - 50k at once.

But a day or two doesn't just pass without me seeing some cash.

I regret ever working as a lesson teacher.

Can't even do it for 40k monthly pay.

Its not worth my time

Please teach me. Thanks
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Rexymania(m): 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2021
I hate that stuff

VTJN:
smiley smiley

Forex don show u sumtin ni smiley smiley
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Jefferyhi86(m): 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2021
Dem go soon disgrace u for social media
Sniper4real:
Hmmm

Please, i need someone to help me with 20k. I need to pay a loan app. And it'll be due by tomorrow. Please bosses
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by itzjaiz(m): 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Opeyemic01: 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mohamizy:
I teach English online with cambly I earn 300-400 dollars per week, I decide my own schedule, I speak to students from South Korea, China, Brazil, turkey, Iraq, India etc. Fun job
ehnehn Give more details pls
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by wizi4tyn: 10:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
JABAIDO:

I have come to realise that the least paying employers usually overwork their employees the most.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? / Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband / What Does It Cost To Write ICAN Exams From PE1 To PE2 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.