Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? (19819 Views)

What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer / My Life As A Teacher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Chiomaama: 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
CalvinGaye:
Work as an online Teacher.

Earns BTW $3000 to $7000 monthly.

Abeg show me the way.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 08, 2021
Peppysco:

You shouldn't have taught, I swear. Big man like you nor suppose 'thought'
obviously a typo…
Now add that to ur bank account

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by halogate: 11:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
undecided undecided..God no go shame us!!
That year..

JS 1 - SS3 .. Computer Science
Js1- Js3.. Basic Tech
Ss1-3 .. Technical Drawing
Exam Officer
Salary 25k..( 7 good years )

We only receive salary first 2 months of every term..the remaining na carry over.

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by GreaterFuture(m): 11:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
CalvinGaye:

Teaching what
Where
And how?
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by adewad13(m): 11:56pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nikkganc08:
I once taught some kids during d Corona holiday.

The pay was 5k per month and I just needed it (at least to purchase toothpaste, bathing soap and other small stuffs like barbing hair).

Luckily, d place was like a 20 minutes trek from my house. So, I trekked everyday to save cost.

Once paid, the first thing I do is to remove 500naira from d money (for taking myself out and spoiling myself).

I usually buy a bottle of malt + 300naira goat meat.

Then start managing d rest .

All thanks to d day I stumbled on a nairaland thread by @Venzal.

A lot changed.

Although I'm not active with d copywriting he taught (for free) , i managed to figure other stuffs out.

Nowadays , its a taboo for a day to pass without me seeing at least 3k (without leaving my room).

It can be 3k, 5 or up to 10.

Yeah...

On lucky days, 15 - 50k at once.

But a day or two doesn't just pass without me seeing some cash.

I regret ever working as a lesson teacher.

Can't even do it for 40k monthly pay.

Its not worth my time

You can also help someone out...please I'm interested .
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by GreaterFuture(m): 11:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mohamizy:
I teach English online with cambly I earn 300-400 dollars per week, I decide my own schedule, I speak to students from South Korea, China, Brazil, turkey, Iraq, India etc. Fun job
What are the needed qualifications or certificates for the Job

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by akezn: 12:02am On Sep 09, 2021
I earn a total of about #130k monthly (90k salary and about 40k as office allowances) with a total of 11 periods per week.

Na God help me oo, before my current school, was working in a school where my take home pay was 27k with about 30 periods per week.

3 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Mohamizy: 12:03am On Sep 09, 2021
GreaterFuture:

What are the needed qualifications or certificates for the Job
none for this job, well one of my student said she like the way I talk, I sound like Lucifer Morningstar. Your ACCENT HAS TO BE TIGHT
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by mrksquare: 12:14am On Sep 09, 2021
joshmee4real:

Level 10 in Nigeria, above 100k?
I doubt your story

If level 8 is #75 how much do you think level 10 will earn? Keep doubting ya.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Fireson: 12:56am On Sep 09, 2021
Nikkganc08:

U won't understand sir.

That 500 naira 'spoiling' is only on month end when I get paid.

Its not even everyday something.

Trust me, some peoples case right now is even worse than that
Please I'd like to learn copyrighting... Help sir
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by learner007(m): 1:25am On Sep 09, 2021
CalvinGaye:

Link me up! I have an attractive CV(Mathematics), stable device and wifi. THANKS
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Klems04(m): 1:32am On Sep 09, 2021
oazeez1991:
Hmmm! Bro, don't be too comfortable with such outrageous pay. Try use your free time to learn Digital Skill, after you might have master one, you can then be on the lookout for a better option. If you are interested and got data to spare, chat me up via WhatsApp (check my sig) for a free Digital Skill Course. Just look for one you have flare and interest for. Wish you all the best.

I'm interested, kindly inbox me your WhatsApp number.
Thanks�
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Verance: 1:45am On Sep 09, 2021
Y
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by bottlewater1(m): 1:47am On Sep 09, 2021
JABAIDO:
I teach 11 subjects and I earn 15k monthly

[Breakdown of the subjects]
I teach Primary 3 and 4 students Mathematics and I teach JSS 1 to JSS 3 Maths, ICT and BST.

The relief for a while now is that after the JSS 3 students concluded their state exams, they haven't been coming to school.

As a teacher, what's your workload and pay range?

PS: I took advantage of a situation to request for an increase last month and 2k was added.....
If not for that, it's not deemed fit to be reviewed....

This is not work , it is slavery maybe you jus started teaching anyway but please work on yourself and certificate then thank me later
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Verance: 1:49am On Sep 09, 2021
Kaka77:

I also read Chemistry Education at UNIBEN and came out as the best in my class, I am currently on youth service in Ogun State but reside in Lagos. I have my TRCN certificate as well. I have experience with UTME and SSCE prep classes in Chemistry and Physics, can you be a mentor to me? Can I send you a mail?
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by bottlewater1(m): 1:53am On Sep 09, 2021
Sacredness:
PS: I took advantage of a situation to request for an increase last month and 2k was added.....
No be juju be that
11 subjects after complaints 2k I mean 2k was added.
Some private schools no go make heaven I swear.
Advice: if you are really sound in the subjects you are teaching , just organize lesson with the pupils and make sure you compel their parents on that.
No let your proprietor no about am ooh
When you don gain ground for the lesson just japa for the school.

Its a lie they will
You get what you deserve
There are many schools in your area or better still improve on your self, maybe certificate or relocate that's all

For me I work in 4 schools as a part time teacher one of them pay me #25000 while nobody including the full time teachers collect that much
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by bottlewater1(m): 1:59am On Sep 09, 2021
[quote author=Verance post=105629309][/quote]

You are a hot cake and I am sure you will know mathematics too

All you need to do is improve on teaching skills get extra at least one more textbook for chemistry, physics and math get also lamlard for the three then go for PART TIME TEACHING

Though it may be slow first but in the long run you will enjoy good money than more full time

Be flexible to teach junior secondary classes any subject

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Bngf: 2:07am On Sep 09, 2021
Lots
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 09, 2021
JABAIDO:

I teach Primary 3 and 4 students Mathematics and I teach JSS 1 to JSS 3 Maths, ICT and BST.

The relief for a while now is that after the JSS 3 students concluded their state exams, they haven't been coming to school.

Bro, you ain't got no job for now. If your school is on holiday, use the opportunity to look for another job and quit that fucking school
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by raphy(m): 2:40am On Sep 09, 2021
JABAIDO:

How can you be Killin yourself in silence with 15k money tht can be enough for me for a week.

Resign on tht job n try to be your boss
See how they are bashing you up there I thought u r wise enough u see 57k tht they pay another some collect more than tht leave your current state go where you can be well paid don't die in silence my gee.
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by raphy(m): 2:43am On Sep 09, 2021
bottlewater1:

Its a lie they will
You get what you deserve
There are many schools in your area or better still improve on your self, maybe certificate or relocate that's all

For me I work in 4 schools as a part time teacher one of them pay me #25000 while nobody including the full time teachers collect that much

Oil de your head but tht your moniker look like u sell bottle water go change am n thank me later

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by 77star: 2:44am On Sep 09, 2021
Sacredness:
No be juju be that
11 subjects after complaints 2k I mean 2k was added.
Some private schools no go make heaven I swear.
Advice: if you are really sound in the subjects you are teaching , just organize lesson with the pupils and make sure you compel their parents on that.
No let your proprietor no about am ooh
When you don gain ground for the lesson just japa for the school.
Ah shocked
The proprietor go tender him matter for the whole community nah!
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Olasigun01(m): 2:59am On Sep 09, 2021
Issues40:
My girl earns 55k at the school where she works. She takes senior classes Government and Civic education

that's manageable. I beg which school and in which state?
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by ojotobiloba1: 3:01am On Sep 09, 2021
Workload is mad.. Bur if not far for many private lessons that supports. Meagre salary 35k and here and Dre Class lessons and private lessons (80k). Making 115k monthly but the stress no be here
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Olasigun01(m): 3:01am On Sep 09, 2021
mrksquare:
The workload isn't much. Teach Just two classes : SS3 and SS2 Financial Accounting and earn above 100k. By next year I should be on level 12 if the insensitive Wike-led Government will elect to promote workers. I've been stagnant for 9years on same level.

That's manageable. I beg which school and from which state?
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by electromide05(m): 3:22am On Sep 09, 2021
I teach one subject, 14periods, 60k per month

1 Like

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Rtopzy(f): 3:24am On Sep 09, 2021
Nikkganc08:
I once taught some kids during d Corona holiday.

The pay was 5k per month and I just needed it (at least to purchase toothpaste, bathing soap and other small stuffs like barbing hair).

Luckily, d place was like a 20 minutes trek from my house. So, I trekked everyday to save cost.

Once paid, the first thing I do is to remove 500naira from d money (for taking myself out and spoiling myself).

I usually buy a bottle of malt + 300naira goat meat.

Then start managing d rest .

All thanks to d day I stumbled on a nairaland thread by @Venzal.

A lot changed.

Although I'm not active with d copywriting he taught (for free) , i managed to figure other stuffs out.

Nowadays , its a taboo for a day to pass without me seeing at least 3k (without leaving my room).

It can be 3k, 5 or up to 10.

Yeah...

On lucky days, 15 - 50k at once.

But a day or two doesn't just pass without me seeing some cash.

I regret ever working as a lesson teacher.

Can't even do it for 40k monthly pay.

Its not worth my time
Coach me please........
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Rtopzy(f): 3:26am On Sep 09, 2021
oazeez1991:
Hmmm! Bro, don't be too comfortable with such outrageous pay. Try use your free time to learn Digital Skill, after you might have master one, you can then be on the lookout for a better option. If you are interested and got data to spare, chat me up via WhatsApp (check my sig) for a free Digital Skill Course. Just look for one you have flare and interest for. Wish you all the best.
I'm interested in this too..... Please coach me
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Rtopzy(f): 3:32am On Sep 09, 2021
Mohamizy:
I teach English online with cambly I earn 300-400 dollars per week, I decide my own schedule, I speak to students from South Korea, China, Brazil, turkey, Iraq, India etc. Fun job
Connect me please, I'm also an English teacher
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 3:49am On Sep 09, 2021
JABAIDO:

Please, if you are in Lagos and what you say is true, message me for a teaching job that pays 2 times what you are earning while teaching less classes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can A 35 Year Old Still Get Appointment Into Federal Civil Service / 20 Ways To Be Indispensable At Work / Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.