Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

What Business Can I Do In Lagos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can I Do In Lagos (16494 Views)

What Business Can I Start With 40k / What Business Can Yield 1million Naira Profit Every Month? / What Business Can I Start Up With 200k (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by yusluvad(m): 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2021
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by iambabaG: 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2021
By a Corolla and get on Uber, Taxify and others

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by iamtardey: 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2021
Agbero no be business na occupation cheesy
DropsMic:
Agbero
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by airsaylongcome: 2:17pm On Sep 09, 2021
What skills do you have OP? Any IT skills? With 2m, just set up a co-working space with reliable Internet, power and security. IT guys working remote are handicapped by these two.

Even at $5 per hour with 10 people working 8 hours, that's ~₦200k a day.

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by deeva2: 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
I THINK FOOD/DRINKING WATER RELATED BUSINESS IS OKAY OR BETTER STILL A MINI COOKING GAS DEPOT/STATION, DEPENDING ON YOUR LOCATION/AVAILABILITY OF PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMERS

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by Jilingori: 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
Since real estate is one of the most lucrative sector I encourage you to go into cement distribution.
Dangote alone made The profit of all the banks at a go that is to tell you there is money in cement I have people working in tangote cement plant

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by authority2006(m): 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Get a car with that & do Uber.
No conventional business is moving in Nigeria under Buhari currently. If you open shop, na you go patronize yourself.

Why do you guys like to make terrible general conclusions like this? All those trucks and trailers loading goods in one location and offloading it in another location everyday, are the owners throwing them into the sea or something?
If you know what you are doing, with this our population of over 200 million people, you should know the kind of business to venture into. Remember, we're a consuming nation!

cuteralph101:
Hi Nlanders, I just moved to Lagos and its a whole new feeling being out of Lagos for 5 years. Like a prodigal son I've returned to the land of opportunities. Right now I'm having a hard time to figure out what business to venture in. My uncle gave me a week to decide on any business of my choice but honestly there are just too many to think of. Any idea would be appreciated. Target startup capital is 2m to 5m.

Find a good location and move into distribution of FMCG (fast moving consumers goods), 5m naira is not bad for a start.

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by PerfectMatchNG: 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2021
iambabaG:
By a Corolla and get on Uber, Taxify and others
Is this still profitable
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by Jilingori: 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
Create a software or app that can help people resolve the issue of online payment for goods and services or a service that can be intermidiaries for buyers and sellers fill that gap of having to pay for goods and services it's a very big problem for business people

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by Arewalegend: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
Help angel scratch her toto

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by Selfmotivated: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
Laundry, barbing, business center, Uber business, haulage
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by Jilingori: 2:27pm On Sep 09, 2021
Partner with haulage companies find company's and retailers that need to get their goods to final consumers

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by Oracleforce: 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2021
cuteralph101:
Hi Nlanders, I just moved to Lagos and its a whole new feeling being out of Lagos for 5 years. Like a prodigal son I've returned to the land of opportunities. Right now I'm having a hard time to figure out what business to venture in. My uncle gave me a week to decide on any business of my choice but honestly, there are just too many to think of. Any idea would be appreciated. Target startup capital is 2m to 5m.

Naira betting business
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by Jilingori: 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2021
You can have a mobile centres for frozen foods,kill live chickens turkey and goats for people,you will have a farm to rear the animals then have an outlets for the live boucherig

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by RedEnergy: 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

No conventional business is moving in Nigeria under Buhari currently. If you open shop, na you go patronize yourself.
So that some criminals can book Uber and strangle him dead like they killed that doctor?

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by RedEnergy: 2:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
cuteralph101:
Hi Nlanders, I just moved to Lagos and its a whole new feeling being out of Lagos for 5 years. Like a prodigal son I've returned to the land of opportunities. Right now I'm having a hard time to figure out what business to venture in. My uncle gave me a week to decide on any business of my choice but honestly there are just too many to think of. Any idea would be appreciated. Target startup capital is 2m to 5m.
Trade is the surest bet for now. Either you buy and re-sell like building materials, or you produce and sell, something like moulding blocks etc. Consider a business that is not dependent on NEPA, otherwise a big chunk of your profits will be swallowed by generator fueling and repairs.

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by West2019(m): 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

you no dey buy cream, cloth,beer,food items shoes etc ?

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by Jilingori: 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2021
Supplying of needed goods the neighboring countries all you need to do is know your way most of them come to Nigeria to buy electronics etc from alaba ,trade Fair and idumota
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
cuteralph101:
Buhari is evil and has made a lot of businesses so difficult to manage. Even if you start an uber business local government thugs known as council will disturb you, not to talk of lastma. Then Agbero with their owo da. I will advise you to venture into a food business like noodles, rice or spaghetti.
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by flokii: 2:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
There are no Indigenous Igbos in South West just like there are no indigenous Fulanis in South West.. know this and know peace.
The poster should go back to his home state and look for what to do there. Lagos is already saturated.
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by Purpleflower: 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
Make sure you learn any business you want to venture into well. If I were you, I would go to Lagos Island and learn a trade for six months...

E get y oo.

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by kenoyad: 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2021
victons:
Motor spare parts is not a bad idea.

Does your uncle know people too
Motor spare is a good idea, can you help with learning the art of the trade.
Thank you.
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by ManuelDmotivato(m): 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2021
It is not very clear what you want OP to do, should become a reseller or ?
Jilingori:
Since real estate is one of the most lucrative sector I encourage you to go into cement distribution.
Dangote alone made The profit of all the banks at a go that is to tell you there is money in cement I have people working in tangote cement plant
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by Topmaike007(m): 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2021
post=105646540:
Airbnb business is another line of business , the newest one that we added to our various stream of income @MANNA for this year.
And it has all been smiles all year round.
A cool and easy way to make cool cash.

For other businesses you can do,
we found some online for you.
All the very best OP.

Why not keep silent if you have nothing reasonable to say kiddo?
Must everything be a joke to you and your ilks.
Tueh...
which one is airbnb
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by Topmaike007(m): 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2021
airsaylongcome:
What skills do you have OP? Any IT skills? With 2m, just set up a co-working space with reliable Internet, power and security. IT guys working remote are handicapped by these two.

Even at $5 per hour with 10 people working 8 hours, that's ~₦200k a day.
elaborate on this bro
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by lovebird65(m): 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2021
PerfectMatchNG:
I am glad you looking doing business because, employment is counted money-
Anonymous

1. You have the great opportunity of affiliate marketing. Get any program that rewards cash for referrals, print the marketing catch along with your links and paste everywhere paste able. (Passive income)

2. You can also sell 2nd hand clothes to girls and reap money like a pro. (Risk of debt)

3. Also, register as a POS agent in your location, people can make withdrawal from you without going to far to make money withdrawal. (High risk of robbery)

4. Organise interdepartmental beauty peagents or month-end shows. For church youths (You need support from stakeholders)

5. Open a shop for gas refill and also sell hotplates. (Low risk)

6. Soccer viewing center if the your area doesn't have a common viewing center. (Low risk)

7. Open a well packaged Akara joint. Trust me, you will build a house from this. (Low risk if you can put your pride aside)

8. Laundry service. (Low risk)

9. Video games & snooker joint. (Low risk)

10. Fast food joint or Indomie & eggs, kinda business. (Low risk but your gf may suffer if you do not manage your time well)

Business Ideas To Avoid

* Betshop
* Prostitution
* Sale of stolen items
* Malpractice agent
* Pimpin'
* Gigalo

My one Kobo advice
Find time to learn a skill in a relevant trade. It'll keep you many steps ahead of your peers and secure your future better.

In the meantime, join them on telegram channel (check signature on my profile)
why would he avoid bet shop please explain
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by michael132(m): 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2021
Oxtertee:
car not every body know Lagos Rd... In that case how can someone cope..? a mini bus for intra city logistic business, but be ready to drive it urself
buy a Space bus (toyota Sienna, Opel, VW sharon or Toyota preveir for inter state transport business
or get a toks toyata car for uber bussines

Op, or u fit kuku borrow me the money make i utilize am before u make up ur mind on the business to do.

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by 2ng2ng(m): 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
Set up a car wash at a strategic location . And also going into buying and selling of naija used cars .

Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by michael132(m): 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
Pls for someone that do not know Lagos rd n it's environs.. Hw such person cope very well as a beginner?
Re: What Business Can I Do In Lagos by Oxtertee(m): 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
[quote author=michael132 post=105649743][/quote]

are u a JJC in lagos, u can just stick to the routes you know, i.e berge to ogba/ ikeja, berger to ojota/oshodi

Dangote To List Dangote Refinery On The Nigeria Stock Exchange / 18 African Countries Grew GDP Above 5% In 2017—afdb / Dangote Fertiliser Plant To Commence Operations Next Week