Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) (51407 Views)

Buhari's ACHIVMENTS IN 8 YEARS ( PICTURES) / Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians / Abia State First Flyover In Limbo After 5 Years (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by UnabashedIPOB: 1:26am On Sep 11, 2021
Fafesot:

Thank you.
I can see you're not civil enough to debate with intellectually. Don't quote me again pls.
I don't have time for this.

Mister, you have no CLUE what civility is all about. You're hot around the collar simply because you were asked to learn to read with comprehension before you start foaming in the mouth like a rabid dog. If you like, you can get mad all you want, I do NOT give a rat ass!
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by sooperrescue(m): 3:29am On Sep 11, 2021
I worked in Omotosho In 2008 and my hotel was Ceasar hotel in okitipupa and they had electricity which was better than Ore and Omotosho. Agagu was from the town and I remember that all the streets were tarred and the evening life was great. When did the light go bad for 13 years?
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Ademoore07(m): 3:47am On Sep 11, 2021
That's my town.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by juman(m): 5:42am On Sep 11, 2021
CXLVII:

Failure of the government when citizens steal copper wires. Innocent citizens. Same government failed when some lots were uprooting rail tracks?

Look inwards....

It's failure of the government that allows criminality to flourish.

In sensible countries such crimes are quickly stopped and criminals are severely punished.

1 Like

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by CXLVII: 6:44am On Sep 11, 2021
juman:

It's failure of the government that allows criminality to flourish.

In sensible countries such crimes are quickly stopped and criminals are severely punished.

Now mention a sensible country where citizens will normally attempt to vandalize infrastructures.

Only in a nation with insensible citizens you will find such. Where citizens find it difficult to promptly pay energy, water and taxes, and same time point at the government for doing nothing.

Nigerian citizens are saints in all ramifications when it comes to accusing the government . Even armed robbers and fraudsters blame the government for their criminality
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:30am On Sep 11, 2021
Athemisia:

What tribe dominate that community?
Ikale, Apoi and Arogbo.

1 Like

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by CaptainAyub: 8:16am On Sep 11, 2021
John4B:
Same thing in ishiagu, ebonyi state.
The the mining company in Ishiagu(Crushed rock I think) gives a sizeable part of Ishiagu light.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by CaptainAyub: 8:18am On Sep 11, 2021
Eju2018:
It's not strange. Since I was born in the early 80s, I have not seen electricity in my village. It's over 40 years now. We rely on generator. Mind you I am talking about the Almighty Akwa Ibom state.
Maybe because of water issues,like an island, etc?
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Athemisia: 8:58am On Sep 11, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Ikale, Apoi and Arogbo.
Does any of them speak Urhobo? I'm trying to figure something out.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2021
Athemisia:

Does any of them speak Urhobo? I'm trying to figure something out.
Yes, Arogbo is actually dominated by the Urhobos

1 Like

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by glolomoh: 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2021
Dear TB Joshua,
Continue to rest in peace.
When Akoko Area of Ondo state was in this kind of mess with BEDC few years ago, he intervened, single handedly pay off the bill and restore electricity to Akoko land.

Yet we have billionaires in Ikale and the whole is in a mess. It is a shame
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by madjune(m): 4:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
Basitelo1:

Bro wats d name of d town��

I just remembered. Akpabuyo.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
Goddyj:
I tell you that most villagers in Nigeria don't enjoy light, even those that have their electric Poles still standing.
PHCN only focus on cities and urban areas because those are the places they believe that actually use the light for business and are willing to pay for it.
That's very bad of them.
this phcn have been reducing the units for amount purchased within just 2 weeks!

Last 2weeks 4k for 110 units now 102units for same 4k!

These guys are thieves, govt needs to check them.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Rodwave: 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yaks02:

U never talk say d ashawo cheap na
Lol

Badt guy grin grin

1 Like

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by iamyemiakins(m): 11:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
glolomoh:
Dear TB Joshua,
Continue to rest in peace.
When Akoko Area of Ondo state was in this kind of mess with BEDC few years ago, he intervened, single handedly pay off the bill and restore electricity to Akoko land.

Yet we have billionaires in Ikale and the whole is in a mess. It is a shame
Jimoh Ibrahim invited and hosted Governor Akeredolu for the commissioning of his university in this same Okitipupa earlier this year, just imagine!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. The Ondo state Governor should please step in to help them restore electricity in Okitipupa
Too bad. I pity Okitikpukpa people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by OVB123: 3:47am On May 29, 2023
Kelvin30286063:

I have apologized to a few people already. I'm sorry. I'm not tribalistic. Just frustrated at BEDC
Apology accepted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family / Olujunwo Obasanjo & Tope Adebutu's Wedding An Occultic Ceremony - Taiwo Obasanjo / We Don’t Have Buhari’s Credentials - Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.