Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,586 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) (50467 Views)

Buhari's ACHIVMENTS IN 8 YEARS ( PICTURES) / Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians / Abia State First Flyover In Limbo After 5 Years (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by potbelly(m): 7:46am On Sep 10, 2021
The money Osopadec gets should be used to develop that area and not just pay bursary...
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by ruggedtimi(m): 7:47am On Sep 10, 2021
So many villages in bayelsa have no power supply from nepa like forever

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by kingreign(m): 7:57am On Sep 10, 2021
post=105649101:
I was on visit to Ondo state in Nigeria recently and i was shocked to hear from the indigenes and residents to hear about this.

Imagine asking for a cold bottle water or drink and they suddenly start laughing at you.

As a matter of fact, that’s the fastest way to identify a stranger in OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE. just request for anything cold or iced.

To think that this people have a governor, senator, House of Rep Members is very shameful.

See below video evidence from a resident and pictures of the dilapidated electric poles that ought to be distributing light.

Shame on their leaders.

Please share or tag all the appropriate authorities until they fix it.

PS: I am having issues uploading the video
I actually wrote about this in 2017.

https://www.nairaland.com/4141049/im-saddened-hometowns-level-non

For the records, it's not 12 years, it's 16years without power from the national grid.

7 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Dabronze(m): 8:05am On Sep 10, 2021
aminusodiq:
lmao... Oyinlola ke grin grin grin bro... Re-write your comment
it was the former governor before mimiko cant remmeber his name

4 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Dabronze(m): 8:08am On Sep 10, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Olagunsoye oyinlola commissioned transformer In Ondo. No wonder political office holders see Nairaland as a huge joke .
I made a mistake on the name of the governor and nobody is above it

10 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by aieromon(m): 8:15am On Sep 10, 2021

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by compton11(m): 8:19am On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
Wow good location for epic movie
that place is green as Bleep just like US housing estate

6 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by system21: 8:22am On Sep 10, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:
And many of them on Nairaland will come online casting aspersions at other tribes.
Is not only Ondo, some villages in Ogun state too don't have electricity pole let alone electricity.
They are all forming lagosians on nairaland

11 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Dabronze(m): 8:33am On Sep 10, 2021
Pearlyakin:

When was Oyinlola the governor of Ondo state ?
pardon me for that I cant remmeber the name of that governor

4 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Upworkwriter007(f): 8:35am On Sep 10, 2021
Dabronze:
It was beacuse of the witch and t the evil people in that village they hate electricity when they fly in the night
when the former govenor before Mimiko i cant remmeber his name maybe Agagu or somithing gave them the transformer in that village is not up to a day that those evill peopl destroy it if you know OKITIPUPA very well is full of evill people.
Lol........Okitipupa is very big, you think transformer is the problem of a town that has a University and Teaching hospital?

The entire town and some neighboring towns are not connected to the national grid.....that's the problem.

10 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by LordJoffrey(m): 8:37am On Sep 10, 2021
Not only Oktipupa. The same goes for igbokoda, igbekebo and Atijere. Even water is an issue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by urbobo20(m): 8:37am On Sep 10, 2021
But omotosho is very close to that place

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Dabronze(m): 9:19am On Sep 10, 2021
Upworkwriter007:

Lol........Okitipupa is very big, you think transformer is the problem of a town that has a University and Teaching hospital?

The entire town and some neighboring towns are not connected to the national grid.....that's the problem.
i thought as much ? abnorma evil people are many in that area.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Tinubuadvocate: 9:37am On Sep 10, 2021
You are making sense but you are a phantom liar.
Dabronze:
I made a mistake on the name of the governor and nobody is above it
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by MeloJayEnt: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2021
kingreign:

I actually wrote about this in 2017.

https://www.nairaland.com/4141049/im-saddened-hometowns-level-non

For the records, it's not 12 years, it's 16years without power from the national grid.

Waoh! Very saddening.
This is this kind of content Nairaland mods should move to the Front Page and drive social change.

Cc: seun
Lalasticlala

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Iykoto86(m): 10:08am On Sep 10, 2021
post=105649101:
I was on visit to Ondo state in Nigeria recently and i was shocked to hear from the indigenes and residents to hear about this.

Imagine asking for a cold bottle water or drink and they suddenly start laughing at you.

As a matter of fact, that’s the fastest way to identify a stranger in OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE. just request for anything cold or iced.

To think that this people have a governor, senator, House of Rep Members is very shameful.

See below video evidence from a resident and pictures of the dilapidated electric poles that ought to be distributing light.

Shame on their leaders.

Modified: Another Nairalander replied to say it’s even about 16 years. Mehn! The government is wicked!

the greenery though.beautiful country side.

4 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Efewestern: 10:52am On Sep 10, 2021
urbobo20:
But omotosho is very close to that place

This town was a blessing to lots of Urhobos in the past. 1 in every 10 Urhobo had relations who grew up in that part of the country.

What happened to a once booming town?

This country menh!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by yemex04(m): 11:26am On Sep 10, 2021
All of the Local Governments in Ondo south Senatorial District are affected except Odigbo(Ore township) who just got reconnected recently.It is so disappointing that such a huge population of people have no access to electricity.I just wonder what the politicians in those areas campaign with during electioneering time.

11 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Dabronze(m): 11:45am On Sep 10, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
You are making sense but you are a phantom liar.
Am Not lie mohammed Tell me exactly the lie.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by urbobo20(m): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2021
I have never leave there for once. But a have hundreds of family members there up till tomorrow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by glolomoh: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2021
The electricity issue actually started in 2004 thus making it 17 years.

Within this 17 years, they produced the State Governor for 6 years. Olusola Oke was in NDDC board for 5 years. Jimoh Ibrahim, the Billionaire who claimed to be developing Sao Tome is from the Area.

Blame their notable sons and daughters. For this abandonment especially their politicians.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by TheFalcons: 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
I remember my time at Irele, the town next to Okitipupa.

The day I found out that a 6 year old boy has never heard up Nepa! In his life, was the day I knew that there are levels to this suffering in Nigeria.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Powersurge: 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
Igbokoda is sharing the same fate.

3 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Krak(m): 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
post=105649101:

Shame on their leaders.

Modified: Another Nairalander replied to say it’s even about 16 years. Mehn! The government is wicked!

There are so many towns in Ondo State like that, Okitipupa is not an exception.

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hmmm
Op, don't say anything about what you know nothing about. I'm from Okitipupa. That's my home town. Our people caused what they are facing with electricity now. Back in the days, Okitipupa has the best electricity services in ondo state. They refused to pay for power. Then had a major issue with the then NEPA which forced the federal government to disconnect the entire town.
Fast forward to 6 months later, they had a major riot about the issue and thugs burnt all the transformers in the town, burnt all the NEPA offices in the town and even killed some staffs that year. After that, they were totally ignored.
Even now that electricity have been privatized. BEDC who is in charge of power in ondo state asked the people of the town to pay 50% of what they owe and they will help restore power to the town but they refused. Claiming they must see power before they pay any money. Now the town has no hope of ever having power cuz BEDC vowed not to spend millions of naira to restore all the damages if there is no guarantee that they will get their money back.
The governor cannot even intervene since electricity is now in private hands. We are facing a lot of issues with BEDC at the moment and that's down to the fact that the company is owned and controlled by some stupid Benin people.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Abujason: 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
post=105649101:

Shame on their leaders.

The only SW oil producing state ooo. Let this be somewhere in SE and all the creeps will be all over the thread and this topic for don reach page 10.

10 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
CallmeGideon:
Wow I thought the whole of Yorubad land is like Dubai where you have sky scrappers and international standard schools all over the place. These the same fools will come online and make all sorts of rubbish noise on how their land is the best after agbalumo and they will ask us to hold our leaders responsible but yet, they can't even hold ordinary local government chairman responsible let alone a governor for turning their brown roof republic to a dark hell. Mumu people. mtcheeewww
Your Mumu is world class I swear!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Oluwaseun1981: 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2021
I am from Ilutitun Osooro and Okitipupa is our local government (L.G.A) I can tell you authoritatively that we've not had light in the whole of Ikale for 15years and not 12 years. Its so annoying when i go to that village and i hear the light has not been rectified and there have a representative in Senate and a governor in that State. I have told whoever cares to listen that they should not allow INEC to conduct any Election in that town just to show the seriousness of this issue. It baffles me that at this age and time there are places in Nigeria without Power supply.

10 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2021
Abujason:

The only SW oil producing state ooo. Let this be somewhere in SE and all the creeps will be all over the thread and this topic for don reach page 10.
You are doing theseame thing so swerve!
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by kpukpuyenke: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2021
Come to DSC in Delta State.
We don't have light for good 6yrs now

3 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2021
yorubakid:

Most of them have left to lagos to do agbero work, leaving their towns to fulani herdsmen.. you will see them on nairlaand shouting sofitication while their towns are full of brown roofs and underdevelopment cheesy
Show us Ur own village or shut up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Can Battle With The Lord? FFK Posted This On Facebook And He Got These / Buhari Did Not Lie About My Father - Ojukwu's Son / Atiku Arrives In Kano For Campaign Rally (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.