Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) (50469 Views)

Buhari's ACHIVMENTS IN 8 YEARS ( PICTURES) / Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians / Abia State First Flyover In Limbo After 5 Years (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
post=105649101:
I was on visit to Ondo state in Nigeria recently and i was shocked to hear from the indigenes and residents to hear about this.

Imagine asking for a cold bottle water or drink and they suddenly start laughing at you.

As a matter of fact, that’s the fastest way to identify a stranger in OKITIPUPA, ONDO STATE. just request for anything cold or iced.

To think that this people have a governor, senator, House of Rep Members is very shameful.

See below video evidence from a resident and pictures of the dilapidated electric poles that ought to be distributing light.

Shame on their leaders.

Please share or tag all the appropriate authorities until they fix it.

Modified: Another Nairalander replied to say it’s even about 16 years. Mehn! The government is wicked!

PS: I am having issues uploading the video
Hmmm
Op, don't say anything about what you know nothing about. I'm from Okitipupa. That's my home town. Our people caused what they are facing with electricity now. Back in the days, Okitipupa has the best electricity services in ondo state. They refused to pay for power. Then had a major issue with the then NEPA which forced the federal government to disconnect the entire town.
Fast forward to 6 months later, they had a major riot about the issue and thugs burnt all the transformer in the town, burnt all the NEPA offices in the town and even killed some staffs that year. After that, they were totally ignored.
Even now that electricity have been privatizated. BEDC who is in charge of power in ondo stage asked the people of the town to pay 50% of what they owe and they will help restore power to the town but they refused. Claiming they must see power before they pay any money. Now the town has no hope of ever having power cuz BEDC vowed not to spend millions of naira to restore all the damages if there is no guarantee that they will get their money back.
The governor cannot even intervene since electricity is now in private hands. We are facing a lot of issues with BEDC at the moment and that's down to the fact that the company is owned and controlled by some stupid Benin people.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Abujason: 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
compton11:
that place is green as Bleep just like US housing estate

US ke? Guy, no kill me with laugh ooo. You don go there before? If na like this US be, I no dey go again. Most places in SS and SE have similar vegetation if that is what you are referring to.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by OBA117(m): 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
What about Igbokoda? I cannot remember the last time they enjoy stable power supply.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Bamzyriches451: 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
And they have representatives in state and federal levels
Tuee

3 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by derbykol(f): 12:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
Dabronze:
it was the former governor before mimiko cant remmeber his name
Late Dr.Olusegun Agagu
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Fafesot: 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
If I don't comment on the thread, I will be termed a bastard. This is where I hail from, tho I don't reside there. The reason for power outage over these years( not up to 12 years tho) is absolutely political. A man I won't mention his name here decided to cut down the electricity cables and structures passing electricity to Ondo south just to punish us and so there can be enough electricity supply to his own district of the state. Many times have we lamented and took some drastic steps in reviving electricity in Ondo south but all to no avail. All we need I think, is federal government intervention. This situation of power suspension has left us in disarray over the years and gradually killing us socially. We're begging whichever hand that can help us to pls do.

7 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Abujason: 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Op, don't say anything about what you know nothing about. I'm from Okitipupa. That's my home town. Our people caused what they are facing with electricity now. Back in the days, Okitipupa has the best electricity services in ondo state. They refused to pay for power. Then had a major issue with the then nepa which forced the federal government to disconnect the enter town.
Fast forward to 6 months later, the had a major riot about the issue and thugs burnt all the transformer in the town. After that, they were total ignored.

grin grin grin
What type of people are these? No wan pay and instead burnt their own transformers? Sort of biting off your nose to spite your face. See as the people dey suffer now because of the foolishness of some people. Thanks for clearing things up.

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Irishrena1(f): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
Ijare, a. village I'm Ondo state where I served used to have light for 30 mins in like a week or even more than a week
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by dhope: 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2021
That's the result of unrepentant witchcraft. Tell them in okitipupa to renounce witchcraft, embrace the Word that became LIGHT into their town and they will get electricity.

4 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Pointblank09(m): 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2021
It is more shameful that people like Sowore, who is From Ese Odo, one of the affected areas cannot use his Sahara desert report to discuss this issue everyday until they fix it.

5 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
Solsix:

Pls be specific, ondo state south west Nigeria is a big shame to it's peers. Come to think of it, someone will manage pay #50 to come here and defend Buhari and APC
Did they tell U that it's only Yoruba people defend APC and Bubu? If No!,then it's not limited to SW alone,there are some die hard fans of APC and Bubu in SE,E.g..Okorocha,Umahi,Uzodima Joe Igbokwe,the APC midget in Lagos..Juliusmalema,Okoroawusa,(our dear Nairalanda),
Even your best ever gov even pray God should let us another type of Buhari next..(imaging if this statement come out from any SW gov.?) U will hear names like asslickers,slave master..etc..
Guy,can U see now that defending Buhari is not Limited to SW alone?
Unless U want to be hypocrites,that some of U people be..

1 Like

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
Abujason:

grin grin grin
What type of people are these? No wan pay and instead burnt their own transformers? Sort of biting off your nose to spite your face. See as the people dey suffer now because of the foolishness of some people. Thanks for clearing things up.
I swear people from my town are very stubborn people. Dey no go gree.

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by shiwex: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
And the fools will still line un in rain/sun to vote APC again..

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by JAWBONE(m): 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
ivolt:
You should always ask questions before descending into emotional rants.
Ask them what they did 12 years ago to make them lose access to electricity.
Actions have consequences.

The only action they took is to vote and keep on voting incompetent people into public offices.

Serves them right
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
Fafesot:
If I don't comment on the thread, I will be termed a bastard. This is where I hail from, tho I don't reside there. The reason for power outage over these years( not up to 12 years tho) is absolutely political. A man I won't mention his name here decided to cut down the electricity cables and structures passing electricity to Ondo south just to punish us and so there can be enough electricity supply to his own district of the state. Many times have we lamented and took some drastic steps in reviving electricity in Ondo south but all to no avail. All we need I think, is federal government intervention. This situation of power suspension has left us in disarray over the years and gradually killing us socially. We're begging whichever hand that can help us to pls do.
This is absolutely false. I live in Okitipupa and your story is fallacy. Bedc won't restore power if we don't pay 50% of what we owe 8 years ago

7 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
ivolt:
You should always ask questions before descending into emotional rants.
Ask them what they did 12 years ago to make them lose access to electricity.
Actions have consequences.

What nonsense are you saying? Do you know what is basic amenities?

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
Jeez!
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Kunlegzy(m): 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
They should go and pay for the money they are owing
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by yusuf0876(m): 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
Hmmm
Op, don't say anything about what you know nothing about. I'm from Okitipupa. That's my home town. Our people caused what they are facing with electricity now. Back in the days, Okitipupa has the best electricity services in ondo state. They refused to pay for power. Then had a major issue with the then NEPA which forced the federal government to disconnect the entire town.
Fast forward to 6 months later, they had a major riot about the issue and thugs burnt all the transformer in the town. After that, they were totally ignored.
Even now that electricity have been privatizated. BEDC who is in charge of power in ondo stage asked the people of the town to pay 50% of what they owe and they will help restore power to the town but they refused. Claiming they must see power before they pay any money. Now the town has no hope of ever having power cuz BEDC vowed not to spend millions of naira to restore all the damages if there is no guarantee that they will get their money back.
The governor cannot even intervene since electricity is now in private hands. We are facing a lot of issues with BEDC at the moment and that's down to the fact that the company is owned and controlled by some stupid Benin people.
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Okoroawusa: 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2021
Oladeleeleniyan:

Did they tell U that it's only Yoruba people defend APC and Bubu? If yes,then it's not limited to SW alone,there are some die hard fans of APC and Bubu in SE,E.g..Okorocha,Umahi,Uzodima Joe Igbokwe,the APC midget in Lagos..Juliusmalema,Okoroawusa,(our dear Nairalanda),
Even your best ever gov even pray God should let us another type of Buhari next..(imaging if this statement come out from any SW gov.?) U will hear names like asslickers,slave master..etc..
Guy,can U see now that defending Buhari is not Limited to SW alone?
Unless U want to be hypocrites,that some of U people be..
I am igbo, an APC member and a die hard Buhari supporter and there are millions of igbos like me and majority are not on Nairaland.
The person you quoted will keep wailing till 2023 and beyond. Just mark his moniker.

1 Like

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by MrUchenna1(m): 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2021
likewise some part of MOWE IN Ogun state
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by AABBIIMM(m): 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
yuping:
Foolish set of people and leaders. You mean the community cannot hold a meeting to agreed on what they can do to bring light to that area? This shows lack of cooperation in that area.
Witchcraft of the highest order.
You just nailed it right. The hatred and bickering they have for one another there is alarming. Witchcraft practices no be here.

4 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Greenvaiper: 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
CallmeGideon:
Wow I thought the whole of Yorubad land is like Dubai where you have sky scrappers and international standard schools all over the place. These the same fools will come online and make all sorts of rubbish noise on how their land is the best after agbalumo and they will ask us to hold our leaders responsible but yet, they can't even hold ordinary local government chairman responsible let alone a governor for turning their brown roof republic to a dark hell. Mumu people. mtcheeewww

All of them haff run to Lagos to claim Lagos indigenes. Awon Omo-ale ja ti ja ti

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

This is absolutely false. I live in Okitipupa and your story is fallacy. Bedc won't restore power if we don't pay 50% of what we owe 8 years ago

You mean for 8 years they supplied you guys light and they never came to collect their money for good 8 years and they were still giving you guys light?

Even if so, let they give you guys prepaid meters and factor the bill inside for a period of time.

What nonsense is all this?
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by tribalistdcriti: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
Upworkwriter007:

Lol........Okitipupa is very big, you think transformer is the problem of a town that has a University and Teaching hospital?

The entire town and some neighboring towns are not connected to the national grid.....that's the problem.
okitipupa keh which teaching hospital

2 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
Okoroawusa:

I am igbo, an APC member and a die hard Buhari supporter and there are millions of igbos like me and majority are not on Nairaland.
The person you quoted will keep wailing till 2023 and beyond. Just mark his moniker.

You are not Igbo. No Igbo man will pick your monicker expect he is mad.

5 Likes

Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2021
Okoroawusa:

grin cheesy grin
Thank U jare my brother..how Ur side?
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by Okoroawusa: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
Oladeleeleniyan:

grin cheesy grin
Thank U jare my brother..how Ur side?
I am cool. Bawo ni? Se alafia le wa?
Re: OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) by bigcee(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
Okoroawusa:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Can Battle With The Lord? FFK Posted This On Facebook And He Got These / Buhari Did Not Lie About My Father - Ojukwu's Son / Atiku Arrives In Kano For Campaign Rally (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.