Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer (8831 Views)

Can I Call Myself A Good Programmer If I Only Know Visual Basic / Do You Need To Be A Math Guru To Be A Good Programmer / [opinion] How To Recognise A Good Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by steveregs1: 11:04am On May 30, 2011
Sad for me. I'm yet to meet a [good] female programmer. I'd really love to meet one if there are any. Females typically just choose to sit behind desks clicking away at an already prepared application without bothering what code lies behind the application. Any female programmers in this forum please contact me. We could do a job together.
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by kobindifm: 11:44pm On Jun 06, 2011
Yes very big fat chance. Cos I am a Java expert myself. Not trying to be sexist but was also top of my class which had 2 girls and abt 40guys. ANyone can do what they set their mind to as long as they really want to.
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by tpia1: 9:21am On Dec 04, 2012
Dim_kyky: Hello all.I am new here am nt sure if there are any females on this forum and if there are i wud like dem to please notify. I am a beginner in programming and i love it so much.Is it advisable as a female.

a lot of these male coders arent very bright, and they have abysmally low comprehension skills.

add to that a narcissitic and vain personality, very quick to throw insults,clannish, and extremely resistant to constructive criticism.

given all these, it will be a tough ride.

many of them are parked in religion section parroting some atheist or satanist mumbo jumbo, others are scattered all over the forum and some say they were given a "mandate" to "stalk" certain users, maybe they're being paid to do so.

personally, imo having a first degree in any discipline should be a prerequisite for coding. undecided
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 01, 2013
tpia1:
personally, imo having a first degree in any discipline should be a prerequisite for coding. undecided
Agreed!
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by ciphoenix: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
*dhtml:

she needs serious flogging

@talk2hb1, i dont use any stimulant, and on days when i have loads of work, i can code for 16 hours at a stretch without getting up
to even eat - and on the average, i sleep for not up to 6 hours, and not up to 8 hours on days that i am completely worn out.

I am like that naturally before i started programming - restlessness is my second nature. But i had to drop out of so many social / sport
activities over tyme = used to play chess, table tennis, football, karate club, video game (ave u guys seen darksiders?). . . . . .but i had
to leave almost all of them and focus on programming. . .and [size=1pt]medicine[/size]

I guess programming is just like that, but on the contrary, in terms of lyfestyle, i will say i am a jeun-soke programmer. . .

@poster, i dont believe programming has to do with male or female, just that, it is commonly associated with males, but i have met some
female programmers that are able to make me look like a primary 2 programmer sha
MEDICINE? Seriously?
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by madelinekim(m): 10:51am On Jan 03, 2013
Yes definitely, There are so many chances that a female can become a good programmer. If you have a good knowledge of programming language and good knowledge about web designing software than you can easily become a good programmer. To become a good programmer you have to do lots of practice of programming and web designing.
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by eni1(f): 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2013
I'm proud to be a web mistress & programmer! I run www[dot]webcreationsng[dot]com! I have always loved design and programming & i just want to encourage all would-be-female-programmers not to get intimidated; its not only a man's world! Being a professional doesnt have anything to do with gender but with brains, focus, grace & persistence. I wish all aspiring female programmers the best,cos the sky is just our starting point!
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by kambo(m): 11:00am On Apr 25, 2013
women hav brains too. But they hate using it. They hide under some shabby pretences but if there was a war and women were put in nazi concentration camps and forced to learn java , c++, asm, cryptography or have their brains bllown out. I'm sure many of them would excel.. Men aint helpg matters, always pampering lazy women doing their thinking for them. Hav u seen how some women learn how to face life after d garri winner dies?
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by ciphoenix: 12:24am On Apr 26, 2013
kambo: women hav brains too. But they hate using it. They hide under some shabby pretences but if there was a war and women were put in nazi concentration camps and forced to learn java , c++, asm, cryptography or have their brains bllown out. I'm sure many of them would excel.. Men aint helpg matters, always pampering lazy women doing their thinking for them. Hav u seen how some women learn how to face life after d garri winner dies?
THAT grin
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by ToyosiR(f): 9:55am On May 03, 2013
Hi all,

I am a female programmer. I have been coding for over 6 years now. Working on big projects.

Both male and female can program depending on you and you.

@steveregs:
Sad for me. I'm yet to meet a [good] female programmer. I'd really love to meet one if there are any. Females typically just choose to sit behind desks clicking away at an already prepared application without bothering what code lies behind the application. Any female programmers in this forum please contact me. We could do a job together.
Which language do u need from the female programmer
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by Nobody: 9:32am On May 05, 2013
dazzle37: @ Op

Yes there is no crime in becoming a programmer, i am a female too and i also love programming, but i have never really contributed to this section of

nairaland because every time i come in here, i only see the ( M ) status so i did not want to be the odd one out or the only female in this section.
dat is d problem, she shys away wen boys are arnd! to succed n whateva u want, u nid to tro away dat feminist tng fo a while! stop waitng fo men to open door fo u, open d door nd get out of ur cmfort zone, u cannot b n comfort and expect t b a good programer or gud anytng! fo u to succed u nid to walk ahead and hav all d men runing to catch up wit u, wen u fall or fail, u immedtly get up and expect no sympathy frm nobody! programming is not done wit pnis or flat chest nor with muscles but wit a lot of mental strenght and endurance.
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by Nobody: 7:17am On May 09, 2013
I av a course mate, a girl... She went into programming only when we got to 300 lvl...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Smart Card Plant Supports Expansion Of Financial Services To Poor / School Management System-SMS (version 1.7) Upgrade / Kehinde Adeyemi Among 12 Best Global IT Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.