Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? (21600 Views)

How To Treat Bumps Or Keloids On The Back Of The Head / Natural Treatment For Kelodalis Nuchae, Popularly Called Bumps Or Keloids... / Razor Bumps (acne Keloids Nuchae) Is Curable, Here Is How! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by mrdharkchild(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2021
Amotolongbo:
diluting aspirin in water nko?
I don't know about that. I've used this product before, but forgotten the name. But salicylic acid is the active agent in the product.. he should just ask around any big pharmacy shop.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Moving4: 9:33am On Sep 12, 2021
Why not check in hospitals if they can treat it?
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by T4kbaba(m): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2021
Have you tried ABF cream. If you have not, try it.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Depressed101: 9:35am On Sep 12, 2021
Freestainworld:
[s]There's a drug( injection) that is used in treating it, but it has to be administered by a medical personnel, preferably a medical doctor, don't ask how I know about it, I am a male nurse.[/s]
you just said nothing. Stop feeling yourself undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Omoobaigwe2sure(m): 9:37am On Sep 12, 2021
Scrap it and apply original aporo epa ijebu, it will dry fast and heal completely
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Metsolo: 9:37am On Sep 12, 2021
Bro, u have to be religious abt treating this. Buy a small towel u will be using for it. Then buy Neo Medrol. Shave completely and don't allow hair grow around the keliod region. Every day soak the towel inside hot water and use it to wipe the surface of the affected area, after that apply the Neo Medrol on the keliod. Pls use consistent atleast for a month. Do not combine other form of treatments within the period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by adeyemioyeleke(m): 9:39am On Sep 12, 2021
LordErrk:
Go to a dermatologist. They will give you kenalog injection to shrink it
Or you can buy silicon patches. It also helps to shrink it. But kenalog is faster

Pls I have same problem with him my own is at
the back of my head have been taking the same kenalog injection with mc koll cream to rub on the surface of the keloid I want to ask how many times is Good for me to be injected In a month because I take my own injection once once a month I want to know if am doing it right
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by omikel(m): 9:39am On Sep 12, 2021
anastasius:

Does ori amo and pandoro work?
WELLA WELLA, and the good part is, it is cheap
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Nukilia: 9:44am On Sep 12, 2021
Sabadon:
Corticosteroid injections(like Triamcinolone) basically works, you could also use liquid nitrogen or any other form of cryotherapy. Surgical excision basically has almost a 100% chance of recurrence rate.

In summary visiting a dermatologist is your best bet, meanwhile, avoid clean shave cos i can tell you, you got this from a hair ingrowth as a result of clean shave

I think the Op should also note in addition to excisionof the keloid, the affected area can be treated with soft-x-rays. BOOM its cured forever.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 12, 2021
omikel:
WELLA WELLA, and the good part is, it is cheap
I don use am, e no work. Dry pandoro powder plus ori amo
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:48am On Sep 12, 2021
The one that you can easily do is wearing a silicon sheet, the aim I think is to increase pressure on it over an extended time, to reduce blood flow, with the added pressure to shrink it in.

I once had a keloid, but under my chin, handling a keloid by yourself is risky, I tried applying lines of pressure consistently, and it bleed it out, (i was lucky, there was no vein there, its necessary to know where veins are located).

After it bleed out, it began to dry, and then it hardened, it was at this time, I peeled it off.

Looking at yours though, there may be a vein close by, I am not sure, so more research is needed, for now, use something to apply pressure on it, over a long time, do this for 7 days and take a pic before and after and see the difference.

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 12, 2021
Visit a dermatologist. Kenalog injection should help!
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Autophys1: 9:52am On Sep 12, 2021
I have the type of skin that develops keloid easily.
The 1st one started in secondary school. I went to LUTH, I was told they will operate it. It was operated, and I immediately went to National Hospital Abuja for Radiotherapy to prevent a recurrence. The machine was only available at EKO hospital in Lagos and it was too expensive.
A few years later, it started growing again, I went to AB bumps somewhere in Ikeja (I'm not sure they are still in Ikeja, it's been more than 10 years). They used a machine that uses liquid nitrogen to kill the cells. It stopped growing and all I have is a scar at the site.

A few years later I had a surgical procedure, with a long suture line, and it developed keloids which was growing. I went to Dermatolgy dept in LASUTH. I did several tests and I was prescribed an injection that I was taking weekly. It shrunk the keloids and stopped the growth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by mysticwarrior(m): 9:52am On Sep 12, 2021
Scrap the surface, deep a clean rag into a hot water mixed with salt then use it to clean it, do this twice a day it would dry up in less than two weeks.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Ghostrye: 9:52am On Sep 12, 2021
I saw somewhere that it was punctured and long coiled hair was pulled out
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Xukaty: 9:54am On Sep 12, 2021
Call 08033803058 for a permanent removal .
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:56am On Sep 12, 2021
It's risky though applying mini pressures in ridges, considering the complexity of the veins and lymph nodes.

The only thing you can do by yourself is applying pressure over an extended time on it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Yunam20(m): 10:01am On Sep 12, 2021
Go to the hospital and ask for cryotherapy. It is the current management of keloids and its chance of recurrence is highly infinitesmal. May God grant us good health.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Guzel: 10:06am On Sep 12, 2021
I use to have same problem. I visited one clinic in ph. They used laser treatment. I paid 35k per laser session of about 15 minutes plus the injection, drugs and cream which is around 70k per session. I had two sessions and boom it’s off.
Though it’s itches Once in a month, I just apply fucibet which I got for 12k.
Seek professional care from a dermatologist.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by SenatePresdo(m): 10:10am On Sep 12, 2021
Agricaddict:
I've had them since 2014 because I used shaving stick, It's so embarrassing, I have kept beard because of it, I've bought products because of it and they are still there, please I need effective recommendations

People remove scares, broils or tumors bigger than this, go and look for the right clinic or visit a Teaching Hospital if you ain't comfortable with it.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 12, 2021
Are you a member of Eatrich Farms ?

Just asking. Whether you have eaten the type that couldn't digest.

Own a plot of Plantain Plantation for N850,000.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by spanzed(m): 10:15am On Sep 12, 2021
Use red oil
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by kingxsamz(m): 10:19am On Sep 12, 2021
Agricaddict:
I've had them since 2014 because I used shaving stick, It's so embarrassing, I have kept beard because of it, I've bought products because of it and they are still there, please I need effective recommendations

Laser treatment.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by VillageGuyArts1(m): 10:23am On Sep 12, 2021
spartanian:
Surgery

Bad idea.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by LordErrk: 10:25am On Sep 12, 2021
adeyemioyeleke:

Pls I have same problem with him my own is at
the back of my head have been taking the same kenalog injection with mc koll cream to rub on the surface of the keloid I want to ask how many times is Good for me to be injected In a month because I take my own injection once once a month I want to know if am doing it right

Once a month is not very effective. For now, take it every two weeks. After you've gotten about 3 shots of it, start taking it every 3 weeks.
I'd suggest you use silicon patches along with it. You can use it at night, but If you don't mind, you can use it the whole day.
However, side effects of kenalog is reduced immunity. But if you're healthy with no medical conditions, it shouldn't be a problem. You can use supplements like vitamin C, Omega-3, ginger and garlic to boost your immunity while on kenalog
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by VillageGuyArts1(m): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2021
Guzel:
I use to have same problem. I visited one clinic in ph. They used laser treatment. I paid 35k per laser session of about 15 minutes plus the injection, drugs and cream which is around 70k per session. I had two sessions and boom it’s off.
Though it’s itches Once in a month, I just apply fucibet which I got for 12k.
Seek professional care from a dermatologist.

Hey bro, Can I send you a dm regarding the laser treatment? I'd like to have a chat with you about it, considering its cost and effectiveness. Thank you.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Privatepart00: 10:36am On Sep 12, 2021
Agricaddict:
It shows you don’t have a nice skin
Myself use shaving stick and my face got no bumps
And stop scratching your face
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by adeyemioyeleke(m): 10:37am On Sep 12, 2021
constance500:
There's one injection you can buy and be administered to buy a pharmacist.. My sister used to have one on her chest now it's a bit flatter than it was
pls can you ask of the stuff for me
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by BykeLaByke: 10:41am On Sep 12, 2021
Surgery
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by westfield: 10:41am On Sep 12, 2021
Please my brother and anybody reading this .....do not touch that keliod.....if you touch it it would grow bigger......dont allow any doctor to deceive you.....the growth rate of it is very high when you touch it....its now part of you and you must embrace it

Agricaddict:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Maintain And Enrich Your Skin This Harmattan Season / LUTH Reacts To Reported Shutdown Of Its Wards / Nigerian Philanthropist Adepeju Olukokun Pays Off People's Medical Bills At LUTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.