Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,192 members, 7,811,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? (21618 Views)

How To Treat Bumps Or Keloids On The Back Of The Head / Natural Treatment For Kelodalis Nuchae, Popularly Called Bumps Or Keloids... / Razor Bumps (acne Keloids Nuchae) Is Curable, Here Is How! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by afesco: 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
Tims088:
Try and see a dermatologist, i had mine years ago, cut it, it keeps growing back, my brother suggested Epiderm cream that worked for him, initially i laughed it off as its unrelated, i decided to use it and it worked, its now flat for years now, i stil use it randomly anytime i start feeling pain or itching there
Pls, tell me , how do u apply this Epiderm Cream because I knw dt python fat works wonder but d healing process is slow n it smells.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Emilokoiyawon: 2:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
PassingShot:
If you can go a month without trying to pinch or peel them with your fingers, they would die off naturally. The problem most times is people pinching and chopping them in an effort to get rid of them.

The emboldened is a big fat lie. You don't know what you are talking about. The OP's only hope is steroidal injections by a certified dermatologist.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Eleponblue(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bro! Please visit a certified dermatologist preferably in a teaching hospital.They will give you kenalog injections on appointments...please avoid quacks! It will clear off in no time by Gods grace!♥
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by omobaba101(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
PassingShot:
If you can go a month without trying to pinch or peel them with your fingers, they would die off naturally. The problem most times is people pinching and chopping them in an effort to get rid of them.

This is not true.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by coolatlantic: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
Use stem cell therapy

Check my signature for details
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by omobaba101(m): 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
Eleponblue:
Bro! Please visit a certified dermatologist preferably in a teaching hospital.They will give you kenalog injections on appointments...please avoid quacks! It will clear off in no time by Gods grace!♥

I did this to mine for almost a year (I had a lot).
1. The injections are quite painful because the keloids are directly injected.

2. It's a monthly treatment, so it firms a regular item on the budget

3. I gave up on it because it didn't disappear as fast as promised, moreover, those that were flat started growing again

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by merits(m): 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2021
Agricaddict:
I've had them since 2014 because I used shaving stick, It's so embarrassing, I have kept beard because of it, I've bought products because of it and they are still there, please I need effective recommendations
You supposed not to stop using the razor blade, hadn't be you continue,it eventually stop by itself.well as you already stopped.

SOLUTION:
SOAK A PIECE OF ALUM INTO A SMALL CONTAINER TILL IT DISOLVE,THEN SHAVE WITH RAZOR BLADE AGAIN, IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE SHAVE APPLY THE DISOLVE SOLUTION OF THE ALUM ON IT.LEAVE IT TILL IT DRY AND TURN WHITE(IT MAY PEPPER A BIT,DON'T BOTHER CUZ IT'S NORMAL).
NB;TRY THIS AND THANK ME LATER.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by tempest01(m): 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
Glitcher:
I am a doctor and speaking from experience. The treatment includes measures to prevent recurrence.

Well, except you keep taking steroid and cortisone injections to level the area, the scars will surely come back.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by NSNA: 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
Use Tea tree oil
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Elnesto(m): 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2021
There is a cream I used then not more than N300. I am trying to remember the name....
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by thinksquad(m): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium 625mg, damatol cream ,shave beards or

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by hardon1(m): 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
Autophys1:
I have the type of skin that develops keloid easily.
The 1st one started in secondary school. I went to LUTH, I was told they will operate it. It was operated, and I immediately went to National Hospital Abuja for Radiotherapy to prevent a recurrence. The machine was only available at EKO hospital in Lagos and it was too expensive.
A few years later, it started growing again, I went to AB bumps somewhere in Ikeja (I'm not sure they are still in Ikeja, it's been more than 10 years). They used a machine that uses liquid nitrogen to kill the cells. It stopped growing and all I have is a scar at the site.

A few years later I had a surgical procedure, with a long suture line, and it developed keloids which was growing. I went to Dermatolgy dept in LASUTH. I did several tests and I was prescribed an injection that I was taking weekly. It shrunk the keloids and stopped the growth.

Please what is the name of the injection?
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by drlaykay(m): 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
SirBunky85:
does the cream work without taking the injections?
Yes sir. If it's not a big keloid, or probably an hypertrophic scar.
But very slowly I must add.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Phrankin(m): 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
Freestainworld:
There's a drug( injection) that is used in treating it, but it has to be administered by a medical personnel, preferably a medical doctor, don't ask how I know about it, I am a male nurse.
you just succeeded in saying nothing just to let us know that you are a male nurse. What's so special about being a male nurse? No be your mates be doctors?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by kamtrix(m): 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2021
Agricaddict:
I've had them since 2014 because I used shaving stick, It's so embarrassing, I have kept beard because of it, I've bought products because of it and they are still there, please I need effective recommendations
use skineal brother. Immediately after bathing with hot water. It's better you shave first before start using it. Skineals works amazingly fast. You'll come back to testify. I pray God grants you speedy recovery. It's very embarrassing at times
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Obalola4: 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2021
A brother treated his own by taking steroid injection in the affected area. It will disappear fast
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by oriakuna: 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2021
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by chrisifeanyi: 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
teflondoppez:

Dumb

You are a f00l. Google it you luna.tic
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by ichiendu(m): 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
Agricaddict:

Am a member of Norland and we have treatment for this type of problem, they are very effective with no side effects because they're pure organic
The products you need are
GI Vital, Propolis Lecithin, B Carotene, Hypoglycemic herbal, Oligopeptide, Alkaline water
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by ichiendu(m): 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
Thugnificent:
Also facing same keloid problem

Am a member of Norland and we have treatment for this type of problem, they are very effective with no side effects because they're pure organic
The products you need are
GI Vital, Propolis Lecithin, B Carotene, Hypoglycemic herbal, Oligopeptide, Alkaline water
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Eleponblue(m): 4:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
omobaba101:

3. I gave up on it because it didn't disappear as fast as promised, moreover, those that were flat started growing again
You shouldn't have given up...my wife had large ones but we were on it monthly for 1year and it flattened up.Didnt grow back but the pains were out of this world.i would advice he visits the doctor for a proper diagnosis and treatment.Please avoid self medications! Shalom!♥
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by SirBunky85(m): 5:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
drlaykay:

Yes sir. If it's not a big keloid, or probably an hypertrophic scar.
But very slowly I must add.
I have mine on the chest but it's only the injections that works,once I stop taking the injections for over 5months,the keleoid will start growing again
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by drlaykay(m): 5:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
SirBunky85:
I have mine on the chest but it's only the injections that works,once I stop taking the injections for over 5months,the keleoid will start growing again
Consider cryotherapy
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Cmeo(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
Agricaddict:

If you are interested, I can send you (free of charge) an Aloe vera solution to use. You would just apply it and I am hoping it will work
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Gfskw: 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Ifeshyne(f): 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
Sabadon:
Corticosteroid injections(like Triamcinolone) basically works, you could also use liquid nitrogen or any other form of cryotherapy. Surgical excision basically has almost a 100% chance of recurrence rate.

In summary visiting a dermatologist is your best bet, meanwhile, avoid clean shave cos i can tell you, you got this from a hair ingrowth as a result of clean shave

Those steroid injections are the absolute worst, expensive, freaking painful and there’s no guarantee it won’t come back
I don’t recommend
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by kokoye(m): 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2021
Epiderm cream (in a blue tube) worked for me. Now you wouldnt know I had keloids at the back of my neck for over 10 years.
I've not even used the Epiderm in over 5 years but my skin is as smooth as the day before I started having the shave bumps.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by themanderon: 8:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
adeyemioyeleke:

Pls I have same problem with him my own is at
the back of my head have been taking the same kenalog injection with mc koll cream to rub on the surface of the keloid I want to ask how many times is Good for me to be injected In a month because I take my own injection once once a month I want to know if am doing it right

Twice a month. That's every 2 weeks but since op's keloid is small he can apply Funbact A to the affected area twice daily. It contains Betamethasone which is a steroid that acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. It will stop it from growing bigger and if used for long may start reducing the size of the keloid. Triamcinolone injection(kenalog) is quicker but you may need a dermatologist to prescribe the right dose for you as it is a powerful corticosteroid that can have some unwanted side effects.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of My Keloids? by Alvin212(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
omobaba101:

Did the treatment remove the keloid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LUTH Reacts To Reported Shutdown Of Its Wards / Nigerian Philanthropist Adepeju Olukokun Pays Off People's Medical Bills At LUTH / Condoms Sale Increases On Valentine Day By 70 Percent – NAN

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.