Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? (14748 Views)

How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
Latest 1 year especially for we believers, because lead us not into temptation is better than deliver us from all evil.
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by arthurwillia(m): 12:36am On Sep 12, 2021
Nurseonduty:
I wish I knew this earlier... I learnt the hard way

Nurse come let’s marry
Na nurse I Dey find now oo grin
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Vision101(m): 12:42am On Sep 12, 2021
@Katier00

First is there any difference between dating and courtship?

@me
Yeah.... dating = premarital relationship between a man and a woman that involves sex and related pleasure. There might not be marriage in view.

Courtship = premarital relationship between a man and a woman devoid of sensual pleasure. The focus is for the two to understand themselves. The intended destination is marriage.

Christianity approves courtship and disapproves dating.
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Vision101(m): 12:47am On Sep 12, 2021
Too short a courtship (say 3 months) is not advised. Too long a courtship (say over 6 months) is not advised.

Recommended - not less than 3 and not more than 6 months. E get Y.
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Johel(m): 1:13am On Sep 12, 2021
Ochecanny2:
I personally think it largely depends on the individuals involved,
but 1-2 years could be enough for any two individuals to perfectly consider thier mutual compatibility.

1year is ok
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by witworth(m): 1:58am On Sep 12, 2021
There's no actual period of time in the constitution, so there's nothing like how long it should or shouldn't take.
You fit talk say make u no rush now, make e expire.
And u fit rush now make u go buy fake product.
Life is complicated
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Dumte(m): 6:36am On Sep 12, 2021
richmond500:
Four years.

By that time, give am belle, make she born all ur children, then start to deh misbehave.

Courtship ko, courtCanoe ni, who marriage epp?

Baddest nigga... I hail you Bro. Be like say you be professor for that department o
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Dumte(m): 6:37am On Sep 12, 2021
Katier00:
First is there any difference between dating and courtship?

My dear, is just a change of name
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Zudik: 7:04am On Sep 12, 2021
D duration depends on seeing what u want in her
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by coputa(m): 7:31am On Sep 12, 2021
Ochecanny2:
I personally think it largely depends on the individuals involved,
but 1-2 years could be enough for any two individuals to perfectly consider thier mutual compatibility.
Duration of courtship is controlled by a lot of factors.Marriage is not something you rush into
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by v2: 8:25am On Sep 12, 2021
socialmediaman:
For younger people in their 20s, no rush, take your time and know what you want in life first and then what you want for each other to help build that life. For people in their 30s and early 40s who want to start a family, it shouldn’t last too long and you both should have difficult conversations about what your values and ideals about life are, so you don’t waste each other’s time trying to change each other.

For older couples in late 40s and above, there should be no rush in getting married, you should be sure that’s what you both want

Haba, older couples should not rush when menopause is staring at the woman at a distance?

They should not think but just start making babies.
If dem never learn anything before getting to 40, then they will never learn grin
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by wiseword316(m): 8:43am On Sep 12, 2021
Courtship na scam, just another subscription to free browsing.
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Timtim007(f): 10:40am On Sep 12, 2021
10yrs..
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Nurseonduty(f): 11:07am On Sep 12, 2021
arthurwillia:

Nurse come let’s marry
Na nurse I Dey find now oo grin
Why you wan marry nurse? Give me one good reason..
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by arthurwillia(m): 11:32am On Sep 12, 2021
Nurseonduty:
Why you wan marry nurse? Give me one good reason..

I’m a physiotherapist, so We can collaborate and have a better future together grin
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Nurseonduty(f): 11:34am On Sep 12, 2021
arthurwillia:

I’m a physiotherapist, so We can collaborate and have a better future together grin
Ok.. God will give you a good one.. I thought you would give a nonsense reason with sexual undertone..
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by arthurwillia(m): 11:51am On Sep 12, 2021
Nurseonduty:
Ok.. God will give you a good one.. I thought you would give a nonsense reason with sexual undertone..

Haba no oo, I respect them
I’ve found you na! Come let’s marry joo
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by DonroxyII: 3:22am On Sep 16, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
I've been with my girl for over 5 years

We both started when we are in a school (different schools) we are now both working and looking at 2023
My own is within 3months to one year maximum for courtship not friendship o ..... Within one year things must culminate into another things preferably Sound Judgement system devoid of emotions is utilised!

What is your profession ?

How much are you soaked into the principles and theories underpinning your profession?

What are your life philosophies?

How much does your profession influences and shapes your life philosophies viceversa ?

Do you listen and ready to learn , listen and ready to teach (That's your level of Maturity) and how much is your level of understanding and compromise (Tolerance level) .....

How do you strategise and execute strategies?

What are my odds, what are my benefits ?

I should be able to decipher atleast 40% within 5months with series of tests and counter tests , and you will know whether you are proposing or not abi whether you are accepting proposal or not ........

If any parameter is not scored atleast 50% , Bounce out ........ You must satisfy her own parameters too
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by rockyh(m): 9:14am On Dec 04, 2021
Iyaebe:
Six months and if nothing meaningful is in sight then you go your separate ways.
what if it is a distant relationship
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 04, 2021
rockyh:
what if it is a distant relationship
Not a good reason to keep such relationship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" / What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? / Lady Who Waited For Many Years Before Welcoming Her Daughter, Shares testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.