Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,207 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? (14742 Views)

How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by oluwaseyi0: 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
I've been with my girl for over 5 years

We both started when we are in a school (different schools) we are now both working and looking at 2023

3 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Triangles1(m): 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
A day.

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by labisibrass(m): 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
Till you two are psychologically and financially ready.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Derare(f): 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
Till they re ready,no specific duration

2 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Mudbell(m): 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ask for your Soya Shaft, Soya Puds, PKC and DOC in tonnages.

Rabbits in large quantities for barbecue,marinated Rabbits or frozen Rabbits and live Hyla Rabbits is available.

Phytrah Rabbit feeds in tonnes for distribution nationwide.

Contact mudassiru01@gmail.com 08050885050
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by debbydams(f): 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
What do I know
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Nurseonduty(f): 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
Six months and if nothing meaningful is in sight then you go your separate ways.
I wish I knew this earlier... I learnt the hard way

2 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by suffering: 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
Everything in life is a gamble. Every day you have a 50/50 chance of staying alive or kicking the bucket. Know that whether you court the partner for a month or millennia, there is still a chance of things going sour.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Oracleforce: 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
Six months and if nothing meaningful is in sight then you go your separate ways.

Six months Nah scam...someone can pretend for 6 months.....but nobody can master the act of pretense for 2 years. ....speaking from experience. ....
So, 6 months courtship is a risk...

2 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by mastermaestro(m): 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
Katier00:
End it at 3 months if you are not seeing any clear direction

This is too short, ma. sad sad
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by seunny4lif(m): 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2021
As long has bilbo baggins keep the lord of the king cheesy
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by seyicodes(m): 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
3 months
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
Not too long to avoid fornication. Not too short that you don’t know yourselves to an extent

3 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Ola17: 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2021
3 months is enough to conclude if you want to spend the rest of your life with the other person. Anything more than that is waste of time.

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Ishilove: 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2021
Bolarineliza202:
8 months to a year is enough but not compulsory.
No matter how long you stayed in a relationship you can never know the character of your partner,some will even hide their character while courting but once they are married they would unleash the dragon in them.
Very true
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Myhusband(m): 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
dated/court my woman for 10years though before we got married

determining factors of courtship varies and one we never have universal answer to it, my reasons are;

many guys that are due for marriage have low income or no income, what would you expect their partner do in this scenario? person that can't really eat square meal go wife a lady?

many guys are scared of emotional responsibilities, there are many guys that are well to do but scared of being caged by ladies nagging and trouble

these are just few among others but I do advise ladies around me this, if your man is a well to do and he's not showing commitment in the relationship, imagine you're dating someone for good 6months and he's not showing you to the family and he's not bothered to know yours but his close friends are calling you our wife! my dear you're the dumbest of all specie o

for a guy with stable income, 6months is enough to get promoted from courtship, don't let one opportunist turn your pussy lips to rag all in the name of I'm still studying her

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by EjaikreTheViper(f): 6:19pm On Sep 11, 2021
post=105718433:
Courtship should be short, between one and three years, at most. Even if one is in a long relationship, you will never know everything about your partner until you are married. Why go for long courtship when the only place you can know yourselves is in the marriage proper.

We Rise.

Now you know darling kiss

SHUT UP!!!

YOU ARE TALKING RUBBISH

2 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by gentleman82: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid spending your eternity in hell fire after you die. Jesus Christ love and warns you to repent and convert now to Christianity to avoid hell fire. Only Jesus Christ can save you by his death on the cross and his blood which washes away your sins, any other ways ( Islam, paganism, Hinduism, atheism, etc) can not save you. Be wise while you still have the chance accept Jesus Christ now and save your soul from hell. Be wiser than Satan and follow the one true God. This is the eternal truth from the spiritual realm.
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by RPG2020(m): 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2021
Payperboii:
Baba e no concern me.
I get sure Aza.
Any country I go deliver

You get Zimbabwe own
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2021
richmond500:
Four years.

By that time, give am belle, make she born all ur children, then start to deh misbehave.

Courtship ko, courtCanoe ni, who marriage epp?
......na BSc...?
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by cooooooks(m): 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2021
8 to 18 months until a mutual decision to desire to marry.

6 - 12 months after such decision to get engaged, see families, ask for list, etc

2 - 6 months after engagement to be married.

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by hibeebeeking: 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2021
As long as you know each other better. Relationship is a course on his own. study hard.
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Kingju: 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
Anything from 3 years and above

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by timi36220: 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
Game.
Payperboii:
Baba e no concern me.
I get sure Aza.
Any country I go deliver
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by erico2k2(m): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
No time frame
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Reference(m): 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
As long as it takes to remove the veneer, masks and costumes of life. Both man and woman must stand na.ked before each other to be ready to say I do. Has no time limitations.
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by fof1: 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
Iyaebe:

You have Started again...! Take time to know and discover ur Partner...impatience is ur Bane since ur Sojourn...one Year is enough for You...Iyaebe
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Bngf: 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
Short or long just make the right choice

Even the long ones breakup the most lately

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Divoc19(f): 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2021
One year

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? / When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? / "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.