Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (844908 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (606) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 4:00am On Jan 20, 2022
RodeDindu:
Hello house,
What other requirements does a Registered Nurse in Nigeria need to go through this Health and Care Visa route.
Does she need IELTS & CBT ??

She really needs to move ASAP?

Read from Page 1
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 4:03am On Jan 20, 2022
abdulhaphiz:
Hi friends. MY SISTER JUST DID HER BIOMETRIC AT IKEJA TLS. SHE
LATER FOUND OUT THE uploaded NMC CBT PRINT OUT WITHOUT HER NAME AND CANDIDATE NUMBER APPEARING ON IT. WILL THIS AFFECT HER APPLICATION IN ANY WAY? THANKS

2 OPTIONS.

1. She can cancel the application and reapply with the right document, but she will forfeit the visa fees.

2. She can wait for the VAC to contact her about the error in the documents provided and she will be asked to upload the right documents (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED).

The choice is yours. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Richdee1(m): 4:04am On Jan 20, 2022
shakurshakur:
Good evening everyone, for social worker that has just recently added to HAC, which IELTS UKVI one should go for Academics or General?

You got a social work job under the health and care visa?

Children or adult?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 4:06am On Jan 20, 2022
MapleLand2021:
Thanks guys...I have been reading since page 1. Still confused on where to start from:
I am a Pharmacist but don't have sufficient funds for the Ospap....which is the licensing pathway.

Please ehn, how do I go from here

Where do I start from

Which jobs can I apply for that won't require Pharmacist license but just my qualification.

Where can I look for these jobs

And any other useful advice..

Thanks in advance

Try to be reading the full thread. That's what it's here for. Someone just answered your question just above yours and it has also been answered previously. Kindly read through the thread. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 4:08am On Jan 20, 2022
CheesyTee:
Got my conditional offer today!

Congratulations ma'am. Your patience paid off. Welcome to the NHS.

Kindly share your experience, so that other PSYCHOTHERAPISTS can learn i.e B.Sc, M.Sc, other relevant qualifications, how you applied, any tips for applications, etc

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 4:11am On Jan 20, 2022
DzTzl:
Good day house, Please i will like to confirm this Information I got from someone regarding this Health & Care worker visa, I was told you do not need any background knowledge when applying you can apply for this Visa if you have degree in Mass communication, how true is this?

You can't apply unless you have a job. And unless the NHS and care homes have started posting vacancies for Mass Communication jobs, how do you intend to go about it?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 4:13am On Jan 20, 2022
shakurshakur:
Good evening everyone, for social worker that has just recently added to HAC, which IELTS UKVI one should go for Academics or General?

You can do BOTH of them and they will be accepted. However, you can not undertake a professional qualification in the UK without an ACADEMIC IELTS.

I hope that helps

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jjerryola(f): 8:23am On Jan 20, 2022
DzTzl:
Good day house, Please i will like to confirm this Information I got from someone regarding this Health & Care worker visa, I was told you do not need any background knowledge when applying you can apply for this Visa if you have degree in Mass communication, how true is this?

Hello, the information is true, however it is not automatic. I guess the information you got is anticipation of the news by UK home office to allow massive overseas recruitment in UK.

Although it has not been implemented yet, but it is better to start preparing ahead in in order to start to start applying as soon as it takes off.

Care giver is a job that requires little or no experience however you will need a certification either online or on class.
You will need to attach yourself to a carehome or hospital for about 200hrs care experience
You may also need to write IELTS or if you're a graduate go for UK naric evaluation
And of course an international passport .
And as soon as the care giver visa is implemented , you can start applying for as many vacancies as possible..

I'm putting together a zoom meeting to discuss more on this if you're interested send me a mail and we'll discuss more

11 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CheesyTee(f): 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
Thank you.

As I mentioned, I am on a student visa and I came into Uk in September 2021 for MSc. Health Psychology.

I have MSc. Clinical Psychology from Nigeria already with experience as a clinical psychologist too.

I was previously focusing on assistant psychologists, healthcare assistants and support workers positions because getting a job as a clinical psychologist requires a doctorate and HCPC registration. I started checking vacancies in my field because my experience working as a carer with an agency wasn't something I wanted for a long-term purpose.

I then realised I was qualified for the position of a cognitive behaviour therapist considering my previous masters and work experience from Nigeria.

Some required HCPC registration while some doesn't. I got several "following your application... we regret to inform you..." mail embarassed

I realised it's better to go to rural areas (at least for me) than focus on NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde or West of Scotland and other popular places.

I got an interview invitation to come in person but I requested a virtual interview instead.

The rest, they say na story.

And here we are...
dee1504:

Congratulations ma'am. Your patience paid off. Welcome to the NHS.

Kindly share your experience, so that other PSYCHOTHERAPISTS can learn i.e B.Sc, M.Sc, other relevant qualifications, how you applied, any tips for applications, etc

8 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ybahrbz91: 1:00pm On Jan 20, 2022
Congratulations @CheesyTee.

I also got an offer recently as a Physiotherapist with NHSGGC. Since you are in Scotland already,
Can you please give me some heads-up about NHS Scotland.

CheesyTee:
Thank you.

Like I mentioned, I am on a student visa and I came into Uk in September, 2021 for MSc. Health Psychology.

I have MSc. Clinical Psychology from Nigeria already with experience as a clinical psychologist too.

I was previously focusing on assistant psychologists, healthcare assistants and support workers positions because getting a job as a clinical psychologist requires doctorate degree and HCPC registration but later started checking in my field as my experience working as a carer with an agency wasn't something I wanted for a long-term purpose.

I then realised I was qualified for the position of a cognitively behavioural therapist considering my previous masters and work experience from Nigeria.

Some required HCPC registration while some didn't. I got several "following your application... we regret to inform you..." mail embarassed

I realised it's better to go to rural areas (at least for me) than focus on NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde or West of Scotland and other popular places.

I got an interview invitation to come in person to Isle of Lewis (NHS Western Isles) but I requested a virtual interview instead.

And here we are...

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CheesyTee(f): 2:30pm On Jan 20, 2022
ybahrbz91:

I also got an offer recently as a Physiotherapist with NHSGGC. Since you are in Scotland already,

Congratulations!!! I seriously have no experience working in NHS.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by shakurshakur(m): 3:18pm On Jan 20, 2022
[quote author=dee1504 post=109523914]

You can do BOTH of them and they will be accepted. However, you can not undertake a professional qualification in the UK without an ACADEMIC IELTS.

Can I go for NARIC UK (ECCTIS assessment) then, can I also use the assessment at UK to undertake professional qualifications?

Thanks for the response dee1504, I sincerely appreciate the effort of you guys.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 12:18am On Jan 21, 2022
ybahrbz91:

Congratulations guys. Welcome to the NHS. But I must warn you that NHS is a War-zone in the few days I have been here. But if you are not the lazy type, you will survive. Just be ready to work for your money as no one will hand it out to you on a platter of gold. Don't be scared, you'll be fine.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Balloo(m): 9:19am On Jan 21, 2022
How do you put your location on the CVs? Is it okay to leave your Nigerian contact address and phone number or just email address?

RennyKitty:
To others who are hoping to get Sponsored jobs too. Please let me share a few tips that might help.
1. Download the CV app and register duly and make every experience be it internship or volunteer jobs count. Also be very sure of the referees you will be using for your CV cos they will be contacted before you can be issued your offer letter when you eventually get the job. Also I would advise that you download a sample CV in your job field and follow the templates. Your CV matters a lot and is almost like the master key that will unlock every other doors Of your career progression.
2. After you have successfully built a good CV, good on Apps like Indeed, TotalJobs, Glassdoor and NHS websites and register. Then upload your CV. Some of these websites have assessments that you would be needing to complete and indeed even gives the option to write a cover letter. That’s like a golden opportunity to sell yourself. Please do notices that.
3. Now in order to avoid applying to multiple job openings that you are qualified for but can’t get because they don’t have Tier 2 sponsorship license. You can go to Gov.uk and check the lengthy list of licensed sponsors. Write the employers that fit in your field then go back to Indeed and the other apps and just input the names. It will for sure bring out available job openings and you start sending in your applications.
4. In my case I made it a point of duty at a point to apply to 10jobs in a day. Yes it was stressful and at some point I gave up and trust me that was when I got the call. Matter of fact I I did 2 interviews in one day and got the both jobs. At some point i felt I was wasting time and it seemed almost impossible considering my level of education and all even my sister told me to give up but God showed up.
5. While waiting you can get your Naric assessments ready as it lasts for a lifetime and you would need it for English proficiency or better still do IELTS exams. To avoid any form of delay after getting your CoS
You can also do your TB tests as people are finding it so difficult to book test dates and the result is Valid for just 6 months And of course except you lose focus you would have gotten a headway around the Job issue before the expiration. The only problem here is just that you would be needing a UK address while filling the form.
You will also be needing a police certificate but you can easily get that at Alagbon and you can’t apply for it pre employment because it is only valid for 3 months and
6. lastly and most importantly get your funds ready. A lot of these employers are not ready to pay for anything. They even see the CoS as a huge favor which sadly is in this part of the world. So you need to get your funds ready CoS agencies are “bombarding” them with applications but I think they just stretch out to select random applications here and there. So once they see you are dragging your matter, they move on to the next eligible candidate.
Let opportunities meet you prepared at all times. Especially since it’s Japa season and everyone is looking for a way to legitimately escape this Buhari’s wahala and secret achievements� Please I’m open to more hindsights as I still have a lot of people who want to try this visa route too.
God will see us all through ��

7 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by louxera(f): 10:39am On Jan 21, 2022
Hello please I am interested

Itstemi10:
Okay no problem guys, its not a hard process.
The only issue is the powerful NHS only chase Nurses and Doctors up but for other health and Care workers , you definitely could do with a 3rd party personnel to chase the employers up .
Interestingly, the Care bosses have the power to recruit from Nigeria because they are registered with the commission but there is no way they know about you guys.

Although there's an agency like that already who deals with int'l recruitment mostly from South Africa called A24 group, you can also apply directly on their website but to be honest they are focused on recruiting South Africans. Meanwhile, I should be able to contact nursing agencies and Care homes and will let you guys know how it's going.

Most powerful Care organisations in the UK are Four Seasons Care, HC One, Avery Homes and Southern Cross.
These are no jokes and have up to 10,000 homes collectively.
If you find application portals you can apply but I will see what I can do about connecting Health professionals other than Nurses and Doctors.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by louxera(f): 10:46am On Jan 21, 2022
Please I am interested loisonamission@gmail.com
Thanks

Itstemi10:
Guys, I can volunteer to start contacting Nursing agencies. I only need to walk into their office and let them know my Sisters and brothers are willing to work. They are DESPERATELY short staffed in the UK and all agencies are looking for workers but the oyibos are not answering them because they get monetary benefits that pays more than full time Care job.

I will need to set up some sort of consultation on LinkedIn and can start meeting the Care and Nursing agencies soon ( Or even the NHS directly)
I believe they will ask for your application and forward their interest and pre employment letter to the home office too.
Good luck to all of you.
All the Indians and Polish will get it if we don't act fast.
If you want me to contact them please show your interests below.
Well-done guys.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Omoluv5: 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2022
Very interested! Thanks

Itstemi10:
Guys, I can volunteer to start contacting Nursing agencies. I only need to walk into their office and let them know my Sisters and brothers are willing to work. They are DESPERATELY short staffed in the UK and all agencies are looking for workers but the oyibos are not answering them because they get monetary benefits that pays more than full time Care job.

I will need to set up some sort of consultation on LinkedIn and can start meeting the Care and Nursing agencies soon ( Or even the NHS directly)
I believe they will ask for your application and forward their interest and pre employment letter to the home office too.
Good luck to all of you.
All the Indians and Polish will get it if we don't act fast.
If you want me to contact them please show your interests below.
Well-done guys.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by efilefun(m): 12:45am On Jan 22, 2022
dee1504:

Congratulations guys. Welcome to the NHS. But I must warn you that NHS is a War-zone in the few days I have been here. But if you are not the lazy type, you will survive. Just be ready to work for your money as no one will hand it out to you on a platter of gold. Don't be scared, you'll be fine.

Good day, my sis got an offer and in the middle of processing it, is it advisable to send her and her husband (Dependant) application together also while applying on NARIC is it advisable to select e-statement or they deliver the letter? cc justwise

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by udomas(m): 2:45am On Jan 22, 2022
cookies:
Good day,
Please do I need proof of English Language proficiency for my application still? As I already have a masters degree from a UK university.

No mate!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jum33: 6:26am On Jan 22, 2022
A friend need clarification for this :
He want to apply for the documents he will need for his NARIC evaluations from his university however from his university record his middle name is "adetola" and this same middle name on his international passport and other official docs happen to be "tola",other names remains the same .Hope this won't have negative repercussions on his Visa application? if it is does what can he do to make the necessary correction
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 7:09am On Jan 22, 2022
jum33:
A friend need clarification for this :
He want to apply for the documents he will need for his NARIC evaluations from his university however from his university record his middle name is "adetola" and this same middle name on his international passport and other official docs happen to be "tola",other names remains the same .Hope this won't have negative repercussions on his Visa application? if it is does what can he do to make the necessary correction

To be on the safe side, he should go to a court and he'll be guided on how to obtain an affidavit for that.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 7:18am On Jan 22, 2022
CheesyTee:
Thank you.

As I mentioned, I am on a student visa and I came into Uk in September 2021 for MSc. Health Psychology.

I was previously focusing on assistant psychologists, healthcare assistants and support workers positions because getting a job as a clinical psychologist requires a doctorate and HCPC registration. I started checking vacancies in my field because my experience working as a carer with an agency wasn't something I wanted for a long-term purpose.

I then realised I was qualified for the position of a cognitively behavioural therapist considering my previous masters and work experience from Nigeria.

Some required HCPC registration while some doesn't. I got several "following your application... we regret to inform you..." mail embarassed

I got an interview invitation to come in person to Isle of Lewis (NHS Western Isles) but I requested a virtual interview instead.

And here we are...
Congratulations to you and thanks for sharing your story, CheesyTee.cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 7:19am On Jan 22, 2022
efilefun:

Good day, my sis got an offer and in the middle of processing it, is it advisable to send her and her husband (Dependant) application together also while applying on NARIC is it advisable to select e-statement or they deliver the letter? cc justwise

https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa/your-partner-and-children

From the information in the website above, dependants don't need to prove their English Proficiency. You can also read it for beter understanding.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 7:20am On Jan 22, 2022
ybahrbz91:

Amazing! Congratulations to you too, Ybahrbz91.cheesy
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 7:30am On Jan 22, 2022
efilefun:

Please can someone respond to this question asked above? Does the UKVI accept the NARIC (Ecctis) downloadable e-statement for visa purposes, or must one use the hardcopy? Thanks.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DzTzl(f): 8:44am On Jan 22, 2022
jjerryola:

Hello, the information is true, however it is not automatic. I guess the information you got is anticipation of the news by UK home office to allow massive overseas recruitment in UK.

Although it has not been implemented yet, but it is better to start preparing ahead in in order to start to start applying as soon as it takes off.

Care giver is a job that requires little or no experience however you will need a certification either online or on class.
You will need to attach yourself to a carehome or hospital for about 200hrs care experience
You may also need to write IELTS or if you're a graduate go for UK naric evaluation
And of course an international passport .
And as soon as the care giver visa is implemented , you can start applying for as many vacancies as possible..

I'm putting together a zoom meeting to discuss more on this if you're interested send me a mail and we'll discuss more
Thank you so much, I will reach out to you as soon as possible
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by efilefun(m): 10:17am On Jan 22, 2022
dee1504:

https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa/your-partner-and-children

From the information in the website above, dependants don't need to prove their English Proficiency. You can also read it for beter understanding.
Does the UKVI accept the NARIC (Ecctis) downloadable e-statement for visa purposes, or must one use the hardcopy? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifesinachi22(m): 12:03am On Jan 23, 2022
dramacox:
I had also did 5 interviews for the post of senior healthcare assistant till now no response to know if am successful or unsuccessful. It's actually tiring but I won't give up.

Bro please i have some questions i will like to ask you..

1. Please how was the interview conducted? On zoom or Whatsapp?

2. I want to know your qualifications too.

3. Who did you use as you Reference? Did they write your letter or you did it yourself? I've never worked for anyone that will write a letter of recommendation for me.

4. And Finally, Did you attend any online course training that you added to your applications?

I've applied to over 40 vacancies no interviews yet.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Zimzee: 12:07am On Jan 23, 2022
Hi everyone,
I just came across this thread and I was so fascinated as so many questions on my mind were answered here, however, I still have few things I want to clarify.
I am currently on a student visa in UK September 2021 batch, studying msc psychology (Conversion). I did sociology and anthropology in my BSC and I don't have work experience in that regard. Meanwhile, I am currently working in care home here the UK.
I want to know how I can utilize My msc degree to get a sponsorship job here, please @cheesyTee, @dee1504 and @Uzland, I know you guys a well experienced in this journey.
I am a bit confused as I have read that msc psychology conversion can only fetch me band 4 job. Please what are my options. I want to start exploring them early enough as I don't want to pay £2000 for PSW if I don't end up getting sponsorship job. Is it possible to switch on this new launched pathway of care giving?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ibrochi: 12:37am On Jan 23, 2022
Omoluv5:
Very interested! Thanks

please am also interested .
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 7:10am On Jan 23, 2022
Zimzee:
Hi everyone,
I just came across this thread and I was so fascinated as so many questions on my mind were answered here, however, I still have few things I want to clarify.
I am currently on a student visa in UK September 2021 batch, studying msc psychology (Conversion). I did sociology and anthropology in my BSC and I don't have work experience in that regard. Meanwhile, I am currently working in care home here the UK.
I want to know how I can utilize My msc degree to get a sponsorship job here, please @cheesyTee, @dee1504 and @Uzland, I know you guys a well experienced in this journey.
I am a bit confused as I have read that msc psychology conversion can only fetch me band 4 job. Please what are my options. I want to start exploring them early enough as I don't want to pay £2000 for PSW if I don't end up getting sponsorship job. Is it possible to switch on this new launched pathway of care giving?

ChessyTee would be in the best position to guide you since you both have similar circumstances.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CheesyTee(f): 7:44am On Jan 23, 2022
Zimzee:
Hi everyone,

With your MSc Psychology conversion, you will need a specialisation course. Some got for Clinical Psychology while some take another diploma in CBT. However, some band 4 assistant psychology positions are permanent, you may start with that.

I have also seen a band 5 Assistant Psychologist position under councils like Orkney and Highland.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (606) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.