Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (848048 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 10:07am On Nov 26, 2022
Cleo18:

Not easy at all.

She started applying for jobs since January this year and was getting rejected. Until finally she got the job offer. She didn't use any agent and didn't pay any money before she was given the CoS.

The company only provided her with CoS. They directed her to a UK Solicitor who facilitated her other documents needed and she paid about £2000 for that service to the Solicitor (immigration lawyer)

So she searched for job for over 8months and was rejected by many establishments there.

People are just milking the system.... the thing is so straightforward that why does a solicitor need to be in the process and then charge a whopping £2000..... na wa ... my comment is against the lawyer not to your sister

Congrats to her .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 10:16am On Nov 26, 2022
LagosismyHome:

People are just milking the system.... the thing is so straightforward that why does a solicitor need to be in the process and then charge a whopping £2000..... na wa ... my comment is against the lawyer not to your sister

Congrats to her .

U know Employers are not supposed to charge people to sponsor them which usually cost the employer somethings.....but there's a grey area with visa apllication and travel logistics which UKVI ddnt make compulsory for the employer to handle or pay for...

so employers now using the processing/ the fees of the "independent solicitor" they provide to codedly charge employee to cover the fees and more they paid for employing international applicants

Nigeria or europe.....exploitation na english word

7 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by klbakare(m): 11:53am On Nov 26, 2022
Cleo18:

Not easy at all.

She started applying for jobs since January this year and was getting rejected. Until finally she got the job offer. She didn't use any agent and didn't pay any money before she was given the CoS.

The company only provided her with CoS. They directed her to a UK Solicitor who facilitated her other documents needed and she paid about £2000 for that service to the Solicitor (immigration lawyer)

So she searched for job for over 8months and was rejected by many establishments there.

Damn! That's crazy Man. I don't even know what to say again.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Generalkoke: 12:11pm On Nov 26, 2022
Uzland and the gurus in the house,do I need my employment letter to travel to the u.k?is it required at the port of entry?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Davidonkonsults: 1:22pm On Nov 26, 2022
Generalkoke:
Uzland and the gurus in the house,do I need my employment letter to travel to the u.k?is it required at the port of entry?
No.

Your passport with vignette is what you require. Advisable to keep your tb test results in your carry-on bag.

Know why you are coming in, where you are going to stay, and be confident.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Generalkoke: 1:26pm On Nov 26, 2022
Davidonkonsults:

No.

Your passport with vignette is what you require. Advisable to keep your tb test results in your carry-on bag.

Know why you are coming in, where you are going to stay, and be confident.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Cleo18: 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Congrats to her .
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Cleo18: 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2022
klbakare:

Damn! That's crazy Man. I don't even know what to say again.

That's a screenshot of part of our conversation. Sorry, she didn't state who gave her the solicitor.

The Company gave her sure entry with the CoS. The CoS was given to her before she started other processes.

You won't just get CoS and go like that, I think there are some things immigration lawyers would put in place.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Cleo18: 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2022
Hummel94:

This gave me hope Mehnn.
Pls is there a way i can show you my CV so you can tell me if its correct this way cos i have been applying for 3months now.pls

We are in this together o.

It's not easy. Her own gave me hope.
Have you taken your courses and the IELTS?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Generalkoke: 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
House please,what are General *Point of Entry* likely questions!!! Uzland LagosismyHome
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by TesiB: 3:34pm On Nov 26, 2022
interview or biometrics?

Please what are the questions one should prepare for if it's an interview?

Eky29:

Yes interview
3 weeks !!!���
Hope it will be less, thanks for your quick response anyways .
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by TesiB: 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
Hello All,

Please for those who have done self upload on TLS, kindly help.

Do i need to upload all pages of passport if MA and dependents do not have any travel history or only the datapage is okay?

what category is TB test to be uploaded on TLS
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 3:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
Generalkoke:
House please,what are General *Point of Entry* likely questions!!! Uzland LagosismyHome

Study your CoS and details about the job .... usually POE is quick and not too much long thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by solufemiwa(m): 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
Good day house, how can I process my dependant visa after I arrived uk on working visa. Please I need your help.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Generalkoke: 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Study your CoS and details about the job .... usually POE is quick and not too much long thing
Thanks a lot *My guy doesn’t find this helpful* he said he needs to know if BTA is needed&if he has to know the employers address offhand as it’s long and hard to cram.Can he declare he’s renting house himself,his employer is not willing to provide accommodation for him...
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Agbekehorla(f): 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
Wisdom7400:

Pls when did u apply?

23rd Nov
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Agbekehorla(f): 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
Sponsor did not tick maintenance on CoS. On visa application form that was submitted the address for accommodation plan is Employer'address.

Is this ok?

Otherwise If it will be an issue--the dependants docs have not been uploaded yet can one attach an email sent tto agent about a particular property to rent? Just to show that it's been worked on.

Pls what has been the experience for those who have passed through this route. Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 8:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
Agbekehorla:
Sponsor did not tick maintenance on CoS. On visa application form that was submitted the address for accommodation plan is Employer'address.

Is this ok?

Otherwise If it will be an issue--the dependants docs have not been uploaded yet can one attach an email sent tto agent about a particular property to rent? Just to show that it's been worked on.

Pls what has been the experience for those who have passed through this route. Thank you

You would have to submit your own personal statement if maintenance wasn't ticked.
Rent aint that so important.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 8:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
That's a screenshot of part of our conversation. Sorry, she didn't state who gave her the solicitor.

The Company gave her sure entry with the CoS. The CoS was given to her before she started other processes.

You won't just get CoS and go like that, I think there are some things immigration lawyers would put in place.[[b][/b]/quote]

Like what pls?
With a COS, gov.uk and your docs you don't need no solicitor, there is nothing to put in place.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by vanod: 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2022
leef2022:

You won't just get CoS and go like that, I think there are some things immigration lawyers would put in place.[[b][/b]/quote]

Like what pls?
With a COS, gov.uk and your docs you don't need no solicitor, there is nothing to put in place.

Nothing absolutely nothing, when I got my offer, the recruiter told me to be sure my visa is approved on first application I should use solicitor of which i refused and told him i will do it myself and visa will be approved.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leef2022: 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
vanod:

Nothing absolutely nothing, when I got my offer, the recruiter told me to be sure my visa is approved on first application I should use solicitor of which i refused and told him i will do it myself and visa will be approved.

Well, I was wondering if it is how your name is on your travel documents the solicitor would put in place that the applicant can't do
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by papoose180(m): 3:33am On Nov 27, 2022
Hello house,please help a brother who is on his first trial for the struggle for japa,i have a degree in public health technology from a federal university in Nigeria,I’m looking forward to apply for the senior social worker or care giver,I’m eligible?whats the step to step documentation that i need and how to go about it,please i need help.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Moji12(f): 4:18am On Nov 27, 2022
papoose180:
Hello house,please help a brother who is on his first trial for the struggle for japa,i have a degree in public health technology from a federal university in Nigeria,I’m looking forward to apply for the senior social worker or care giver,I’m eligible?whats the step to step documentation that i need and how to go about it,please i need help.

https://www.nairaland.com/6748312/uk-skilled-worker-visa-health
That is jus the first page, you will find everything u need and more.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jollytravels: 6:16am On Nov 27, 2022
Hello please , after the COS is out please for the POF please how long does one has to keep the POF before applying for the visa....
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jollytravels: 6:29am On Nov 27, 2022
Please how long will it take for the proof of fund to mature before one apply?

wagzie01:
Good evening house,

I am having an issue with my POF, oanda rate was 521 when I started it so I put 24m which amount to 536.4, as at today oanda rate is 536.024 abs with this calculation, POF needed will be 23,980,105 and I am having 24m in the account, the POF will mature by December 12

I am ok or what do I need to do?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Biyikenny: 6:29am On Nov 27, 2022
Good morning house, pls I just got 4 year COS from my employer, I want to ask how much will the visa application fees be? And will I pay the same visa application fee for my wife and 2kids?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by aragbaboy: 6:52am On Nov 27, 2022
Please I have some questions to ask if you are applying for health care visa from Nigeria.

How long does it take IOM to get TB result ready after the test? It used to be ready same day.

For a dependant whose partner maintenance fund is covered by the company sponsoring, do u need to put maintenance fund in your accounts for 28 day or you are covered by the company?

Do you upload any letter or document to show your sponsor is covering your maintenance fund or only the COS is ok?

Thanks.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 7:27am On Nov 27, 2022
Biyikenny:
Good morning house, pls I just got 4 year COS from my employer, I want to ask how much will the visa application fees be? And will I pay the same visa application fee for my wife and 2kids?

479£ for health/care visa

£1,235 for non-health care visa if its a job not under shortage list occupation

£943 for non-heath/care visa but the job us under shortage list occupation

U Must pay he same for ur wife and kids aslong as u are applying for the same number of years

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 7:44am On Nov 27, 2022
aragbaboy:
Please I have some questions to ask if you are applying for health care visa from Nigeria.

How long does it take IOM to get TB result ready after the test? It used to be ready same day.

For a dependant whose partner maintenance fund is covered by the company sponsoring, do u need to put maintenance fund in your accounts for 28 day or you are covered by the company?

Do you upload any letter or document to show your sponsor is covering your maintenance fund or only the COS is ok?

Thanks.

Tb result is same day if u all is well...unless there are too many pple and they couldnt give all result before night fall...then u may have to go back the next day

If ur employer did not provide the document where he ticked yes for mainenance...mayb u should ask ur employer if maintenance covers ur dependants.....

If u have it ...upload it...if you dont dont bother....UKVi has access to it anyway
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 7:44am On Nov 27, 2022
solufemiwa:
Good day house, how can I process my dependant visa after I arrived uk on working visa. Please I need your help.

You need help after calling someone that tried to help you A JOKER?? Who is the JOKER now?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 7:49am On Nov 27, 2022
dee1504:

You need help after calling someone that tried to help you A JOKER?? Who is the JOKER now?

Bros no vex.....na buhari fault...most pple just dey on para & defence mode since 2015
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by solufemiwa(m): 8:21am On Nov 27, 2022
You are not God.

dee1504:

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.