Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,107 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (843346 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (606) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2023
HELLO FAMILY, WELCOME TO 2023!!!❤️

Congratulations cool to those of us who recently succeeded on this journey!

And to those of us still striving, don't give up - there's light at the end of the tunnel!smiley

Let's hope that the UK govt won't decide to remove caregiver roles from the SW/HACW visa by Feb. But if it happens, there'll be hope on other developed countries opening up soon.

All the best!❤️❤️

8 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 3:38pm On Jan 01, 2023
DAramis:

Bro,

Are you in UK currently? As the thread opener for this work route?

Would you still open the Ireland care worker thread?
Hi DAramis, I'd love to, if I'd be able to research and get all the details regarding it. Thanks.cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Wisdom7400(m): 3:39pm On Jan 01, 2023
Uzland:
HELLO FAMILY, WELCOME TO 2023!!!❤️

Congratulations cool to those of us who recently succeeded in this journey!

And to those of us still striving, don't give up - there's light at the end of the tunnel!smiley

Let's hope that the UK govt won't decide to remove caregiver roles from the SW/HACW visa by Feb. But if it happens, there'll be hope on other developed countries opening up soon.

For those who asked about what to write in the NHS 'Supporting Information' section for HCA roles, generally speaking:

You may wish to start by talking about your personal qualities, emphasizing on compassion and caring abilities etc.

You also need to discuss any professional experience, skills, and/or qualifications you have that may be relevant to the post.

So your elderly parent/relative/care home/hospital volunteer/paid experience, customer service/public speaking/community outreach ... and any other experience that you have, would have to be highlighted.

You may want to also mention your computer knowledge, care certifications, first aid or any other care-related qualification (eg. NVQ/SVQ/RQF) you have, if at all you have any.

You can round it off by reiterating your passion for helping/supporting people to live as independently as possible by providing safe, compassionate, and person-centred care...

Nevertheless, in all you do, ensure you tailor what you write in this section to suit the essential and desirable criteria for the post.

wink Shhh... I hope the NHS would not get me arrested for posting this expo, LoL...cheesycheesy

All the best!❤️❤️

Nice tips
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mayowa94: 4:43pm On Jan 01, 2023
Happy new year guys.
Please do I need police clearance certificate to switch from tier 4 to tier 2?
If yes how can I get Nigeria police clearance certificate from UK? Thanks in advance
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by starboi63(m): 4:55pm On Jan 01, 2023
Does the NHS sponsor healthcare assistant and which band?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by NezzyMike: 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
Nikkymagg:
Good evening house. I'm a Registered and Licenced Dietitian. please, I need help on how to go about HCPC registration

Visit hcpc registration site for international applicants, you will get all you need.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by okeysoninv: 8:26pm On Jan 01, 2023
what is the way forward if the deadline for health care assist visa end by 14 of February 2023. is there any plan to extend it.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Solphamo: 9:00pm On Jan 01, 2023
It's not certain they will extend it, most especially since they're starting the teachers route the same February, but you never know till then
okeysoninv:
what is the way forward if the deadline for health care assist visa end by 14 of February 2023. is there any plan to extend it.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Linda2022: 9:19pm On Jan 01, 2023
okeysoninv:

I thought it was the 1st of February; it’s 14?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by okeysoninv: 9:20pm On Jan 01, 2023
Linda2022:

I thought it was the 1st of February; it’s 14?
14th will make it one year
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dampops(m): 6:30am On Jan 02, 2023
Hello, any further updates on your application? Collection mail? Your kids application decision??

All the best

Agbekehorla:

MA and dependants - family walk -in Bio 29th Nov Ikeja standard
NSF 6th Dec
Replied NSf same day
Decision made 9th Dec
BRP mail landed 13th Dec
Awaiting collection mail

Awaiting Dependants' decision

God is good

Thank you all for being there providing answers to sometimes difficult questions
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dampops(m): 6:35am On Jan 02, 2023
Good morning folks…I need a clarification. My CoS has one year duration; and my sponsor indicated that I can’t travel/re-enter during the period of sponsorship. Is this the normal practice? Work hours are also 40 per week. Can one take extra working hours elsewhere under same category (short supply)?

Thanks in advance.
P.S: see attached

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Georgiedey(m): 9:23am On Jan 02, 2023
Dampops:
Good morning folks…I need a clarification. My CoS has one year duration; and my sponsor indicated that I can’t travel/re-enter during the period of sponsorship. Is this the normal practice? Work hours are also 40 per week. Can one take extra working hours elsewhere under same category (short supply)?

Thanks in advance.
P.S: see attached

I had the N against the travel and re- enter question like yours but my visa is a multiple entry visa so i believe it doesn't really mean you can't travel

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dampops(m): 9:36am On Jan 02, 2023
What of visa duration?

Georgiedey:

I had the N against the travel and re- enter question like yours but my visa is a multiple entry visa so i believe it doesn't really mean you can't travel
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Linda2022: 9:59am On Jan 02, 2023
Good morning. Please can we walk in for the tb test if it’s urgent and we can’t find date. Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dampops(m): 10:55am On Jan 02, 2023
I doubt…but there are 3 options now: IOM, QLife and The Consultant Practice…
Have you tried all? QLife opens their booking portal every Monday…check their website right away (google)

Linda2022:
Good morning. Please can we walk in for the tb test if it’s urgent and we can’t find date. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 11:00am On Jan 02, 2023
Eky29:
Nigeria is included.

quote author=Bostin post=119398419]Is UK temporary work visa for all Nationality ? I'm not sure Nigeria is included expect in the Channel Island .
Did you get the visa and for which role please
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by fasky(m): 11:04am On Jan 02, 2023
The N actually means you don’t need to exit the Uk before you can make your application. Probably you’re in Uk already. You might need to ask your employer tge duration of your contract. I have not seen a one year sponsorship anyway.

[ quote author=Dampops post=119624153]Good morning folks…I need a clarification. My CoS has one year duration; and my sponsor indicated that I can’t travel/re-enter during the period of sponsorship. Is this the normal practice? Work hours are also 40 per week. Can one take extra working hours elsewhere under same category (short supply)?

Thanks in advance.
P.S: see attached [/quote]

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dalexy101037(m): 12:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
Good day guys, i need advice, a friend is trying to apply for her passport. Here is the issue -
1) she is married but presently seperated from her husband and they have two kids together.
2) she still uses her fathers surname at work, major credential, nin & bank .
3) in future, if the travelling pulls through, she might needs travel first and later bring the kids, the kids bear the fathers surname.

Now she wants to know which name should be in the passport, her fathers name or the husband ?
Should she declare married or single in the passport ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dampops(m): 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2023
Is this her first passport? If so, she should stick with the NIN details cos it’s expensive and cumbersome changing surname or marital status on the NIN portal

dalexy101037:
Good day guys, i need advice, a friend is trying to apply for her passport. Here is the issue -
1) she is married but presently seperated from her husband and they have two kids together.
2) she still uses her fathers surname at work, major credential, nin & bank .
3) in future, if the travelling pulls through, she might needs travel first and later bring the kids, the kids bear the fathers surname.

Now she wants to know which name should be in the passport, her fathers name or the husband ?
Should she declare married or single in the passport ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dalexy101037(m): 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2023
It's her first passport , so should she says she is single as well or married she would be using her fathers name

[/quote]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dampops(m): 12:36pm On Jan 02, 2023
The attached refusal letter underscores the importance of getting the right information. Someone did the wrong IELTS test…and was penalized

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dampops(m): 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2023
Depends on what she has in her NIN. Let her stick with that narrative. I don’t think it’s mandatory that couple should bear same surname…the whites don’t all the time. But she’ll need her husband’s consent to apply for the kids visas or take them out of Nigeria

dalexy101037:

It's her first passport , so should she says she is single as well or married she would be using her fathers name

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Prosperity4All: 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
Cleo18:

I'm in same boat with you o.
I have sent over 1000 applications to diffetent organization.

I have completed some paid online courses and even been working as a care assistant in a hospital. I also have IT skills as a Networking administor.

I need this caregiving job.
I'm about taking my IELTS exam
@dee1504 advised you right.
Do you have at least CCNA ? And practical experience to back it.
If yes look in indeed UK for wireless network administrator job openings OR search CCNA and apply. Leave the rest to God.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 1:15pm On Jan 02, 2023
dalexy101037:

If there's any option for 'separated' she may wish to select that because she was married before and has kids from the ex-husband, or else, it might be difficult to lay claims on the kids.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dampops(m): 1:43pm On Jan 02, 2023
People that have kids out of wedlock nko? Should they commit suicide ni??

Goodly1:

If there's any option for 'separated' she may wish to select that because she was married before and has kids from the ex-husband, or else, it might be difficult to lay claims on the kids.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 1:46pm On Jan 02, 2023
Dampops:

It's okay. I'll take down my comment.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2023
Dampops:

I thought she mentioned that she was "married" (not out of wedlock) but currently separated, and that the children were still bearing the ex-husband's surname, and not her own surname (maiden name). As such, her current legal status is either married or separated or divorced, not single, and the children's father must be involved in one way or the other. But it's okay, if I was wrong.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 1:56pm On Jan 02, 2023
Dampops:
The attached refusal letter underscores the importance of getting the right information. Someone did the wrong IELTS test…and was penalized

The ECO is even one of those nice ones that gave the person the opportunity to provide the right test....the person still refused....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Shanid(m): 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2023
Please , how do I upload supporting documents for my application, I have been getting an error 404 response.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ferrarilord: 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2023
Quick Help: in the checklist for submission, there is a place I noticed that one can include evidence of past travels to other countries, is it advisable to include copy of stamps of that particular travels which was stated in the application form(skilled worker visa). Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (606) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: delight71

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.