Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (847549 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by eliascomm55: 10:09pm On Jan 25, 2023
taolut:
Thank you!
She did the B1 - the one with ESOL SELT at the end
She found the exam better than IELTS and got 50/50 for speaking. She said it was more relaxed and the people are more friendly.

we have actually requested for the withdrawal of application but no response from them yet. Can we still tell them we will provide Language Cert

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by eliascomm55: 10:21pm On Jan 25, 2023
taolut:
No! Don’t cancel!

There are options around this - LanguageCert! Please see my post from earlier tonight - my sister had the same issue and we found a way around it. She got her visa email today

please check your gmail inbox

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by eliascomm55: 10:23pm On Jan 25, 2023
taolut:
No! Don’t cancel!

There are options around this - LanguageCert! Please see my post from earlier tonight - my sister had the same issue and we found a way around it. She got her visa email today

Please which number can we call them on? To ask if they will accept it
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by taolut: 11:30pm On Jan 25, 2023
If you mean languagecert, it’s on their website that they accept national ID. She took the exam in lagos.

The only thing they requested was that she had the printed ID card for the exam
eliascomm55:
Please which number can we call them on? To ask if they will accept it
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by eliascomm55: 11:44pm On Jan 25, 2023
taolut:
If you mean languagecert, it’s on their website that they accept national ID. She took the exam in lagos.

What type of ID card? I thought they requested for something like any ID from government with picture
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by harddrive2012: 11:53pm On Jan 25, 2023
Greetings all,

Please is it possible for one to travel to Uk like first week of February with a Nigerian Passport due to expire in March, 2023? Though new passport is in processing but was told it could take upto 6 weeks before it’ll be ready.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by eliascomm55: 11:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
harddrive2012:
Greetings all,

Please is it possible for one to travel to Uk like first week of February with a Nigerian Passport due to expire in March, 2023? Though new passport is in processing but was told it could take upto 6 weeks before it’ll be ready.
Yes you can
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by luchel: 12:02am On Jan 26, 2023
Please the language cert exam, I can see Nigeria doesn’t have a center, is it online ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Oluwaloniglory7: 12:02am On Jan 26, 2023
This test is really costly oooo here is the website below

https://selt.languagecert.org/

taolut:

1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by taolut: 12:07am On Jan 26, 2023
Yes this is the website!
It is costly however, it’s better than losing application fee entirely and starting all over again.

Also, the embassy holds your passport so leaves you with not much option in terms of taking the exams.
Oluwaloniglory7:

This test is really costly oooo here is the website below

https://selt.languagecert.org/

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by taolut: 12:08am On Jan 26, 2023
She used the national ID card.

eliascomm55:
What type of ID card? I thought they requested for something like any ID from government with picture
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by harddrive2012: 12:09am On Jan 26, 2023
Thank you

eliascomm55:
Yes you can
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by luchel: 12:19am On Jan 26, 2023
Thank you Taolut

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifelajulo: 1:01am On Jan 26, 2023
Good morning gurus in the house, I am an international student, just finish in January and have gotten a job with COS to start in February. I have few questions:

1. My sponsor wrote N for my maintenance fee but after talking to them, they now amend my COS and write in the sponsors note that 'maintenance for migrant Yes'. I hope if I tick Yes in the column for maintenance, it will not be an issue with the ECO.

2. With the YES in the maintenance do I still need to provide POF for my dependants (wife and children)?

3. I noticed that when I filled the VISA form and make payments I did not get GWF number but UAN number, though my Bio is in next week, I hope I am still on track?

4. Can I proceed with application for my wife and children in Nigeria now or I should wait till my VISA is out?

Thanks and I will be waiting for responses from gurus in the house.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 1:52am On Jan 26, 2023
Ifelajulo:
Good morning gurus in the house, I am an international student, just finish in January and have gotten a job with COS to start in February. I have few questions:

1. My sponsor wrote N for my maintenance fee but after talking to them, they now amend my COS and write in the sponsors note that 'maintenance for migrant Yes'. I hope if I tick Yes in the column for maintenance, it will not be an issue with the ECO.

2. With the YES in the maintenance do I still need to provide POF for my dependants (wife and children)?

3. I noticed that when I filled the VISA form and make payments I did not get GWF number but UAN number, though my Bio is in next week, I hope I am still on track?

4. Can I proceed with application for my wife and children in Nigeria now or I should wait till my VISA is out?

Thanks and I will be waiting for responses from gurus in the house.

U are in the uk?? I i dont think UkVI expects someone in the UK to have POF.

Proof of funds can over dependants...but i dont know whats written on ur COS....just to be on the side.....POf wife and two kids for example is just 800£.. which is less than 500k to have in a nigerian account .

..u are doing biometrics again inside UK??
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by abuhusna1: 3:10am On Jan 26, 2023
Ferrarilord:
morning boss, for those whose maintenance was ticked, when do they reimburse the money spent on the expenses to the main applicant?
It's just to help you not to show proof of funds yo ukvi. No reimbursement anywhere all they owe you is work abd get paid
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dara2Dami(f): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2023
Visa Alert!!!

Healthcare skilled worker visa

COS 6th December, 2022

Application,standard 8th January, 2023 (MA and Dependent)

Biometrics, 13th January, 2023(MA and Dependent)

Collection mail:24th January, 2023(MA and Dependent)

Passport collection tls ikeja, 25th January, 2023.
Brp mail dropped 25th January,2023
(MA and Dependent)
Who did it? Jesus! Oh my God! Wow!

My appreciation to all the gurus in the house, super thank to you guys.

Its my prayers that all those awaiting decisions will have positive response.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ferrarilord: 9:43am On Jan 26, 2023
abuhusna1:

It's just to help you not to show proof of funds yo ukvi. No reimbursement anywhere all they owe you is work abd get paid
Nah grin it's in the contract
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by harddrive2012: 9:51am On Jan 26, 2023
Visa Alert!!! (Skilled worker visa for MA and Dependant)

Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah!! Alhamdulillah!!!

Application date: 5th of January, 2023
TB Test certificate: 11th of January, 2023(self upload of documents same day)
Biometrics date: 13th of January, 2023
Pick up mail from TLS: 25th of January, 2023
BRP Mail: This morning (26th of January, 2023)

Was really scared cos my passport has less than 2 months validity and some saying UK doesn’t accept Shariah court marriage. But we still put in the application like that and God did it.

All thanks to God 🙏

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by luchel: 10:06am On Jan 26, 2023
@ Taolut pls how long did your sister’s Language Cert take to come out?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by azelab: 10:47am On Jan 26, 2023
harddrive2012:

Was really scared cos my passport has less than 2 months validity and some saying UK doesn’t accept Shariah court marriage. But we still put in the application like that and God did it.

All thanks to God 🙏

Barakallah fii

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Buchman1(m): 10:49am On Jan 26, 2023
@Dampops, my wife picked up her Visa on 10th Jan and is booked to travel on 13th Feb. Her sponsor mailed her yesterday to inform her that if she does not arrive UK on or before 9th her Visa will be cancelled. Says start date on CoS is 15th Jan.
Issue is flight's been paid for and all.
Please I need closure on this
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by meetme01: 11:25am On Jan 26, 2023
Buchman1:
@Dampops, my wife picked up her Visa on 10th Jan and is booked to travel on 13th Feb. Her sponsor mailed her yesterday to inform her that if she does not arrive UK on or before 9th her Visa will be cancelled. Says start date on CoS is 15th Jan.
Issue is flight's been paid for and all.
Please I need closure on this

Go or call the airline ASAP. It can still be fixed for an earlier date

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by PATRICIA93: 11:26am On Jan 26, 2023
Good day house
Congratulations to everyone that has gotten their visa please o yall should be angry even when my questions are annoying I appreciate all your response so far please house help after advising my sister not to submit her auxiliary nurse certificate and reference letter from the hospital she was trained she later submitted them please is there a chance that it will affect her ??
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bigsteveg(m): 11:59am On Jan 26, 2023
LagosismyHome:

If you have children, its has to be yes

Hello, i am having this particular issue but in this case my son passport is not ready, if i click yes it will ask for passport number .

Please I am filling my dependents' applications. How do I respond to the question "Does anyone rely on you for financial support?" while filling out my wife's application?

What do you suggest I do, I initially clicked yes and on the next page, i indicated they will not be travelling with me to uk
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pretty1986: 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2023
harddrive2012:

All thanks to God 🙏
Congratulation sir.Please what are the Documents you submitted to prove your relationship with your wife?I hope to hear from you sir
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by taolut: 12:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
5 working days

luchel:
@ Taolut pls how long did your sister’s Language Cert take to come out?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by luchel: 12:43pm On Jan 26, 2023
Okay. I came across Pierson on UKVI website. The result comes out within 48hours . I have registered for that one.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ori777: 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2023
eliascomm55:
Good afternoon everyone, this is the IELTS we submitted and they home office is requesting for proof of English. Any solution to this issue??

This is the regular IELTS, you need the UKVI one for UK visas. Someone was refused last week as they uploaded the same one back to them when they got this same request.

I saw someone post another English Exam they did and got result in the 10 days.

I advise you check the post and do the same to avoid a refusal.

All the best
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by luchel: 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2023
@Elliascomm55 I came across Pierson English test on UKVI website. It comes out within 48hours. You can check it out
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beautyuche: 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2023
Please house help me attend to this. Also mother visa is ready can she pick her passport without her daughter document ready

beautyuche:
Good Morning House please how do we prove "Evidence to demonstrate suitable arrangements for your care and accommodation in the UK, which must comply with relevant UK legislation and regulations" when maintenance was ticked for primary applicant and dependent.
The visa officer is asking for the child.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by samzheee(m): 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
Good afternoon house, please can i use another email to book my tuberculosis test appointment asides the one i use normally, i booked with my first email address and it keeps saying error

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.