Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,202 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (844977 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (606) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Divinehenrich(m): 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2023
Congratulations sir. May the name of the Lord be praised both now and forever, Amen
Nwokiwu90:
Visa Alert
Biometrics 31st March
Collection mail 22nd June
Passport pickup 23rd June

The wait is over…. Praying for those awaiting theirs for quick positive decision Amen
Thanks everyone 😁😁
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2023
SouthSultan:

Hello, please I have been applying for care jobs in the UK via Trac and Scotjob sites. The unsuccessful job mails have been frustrating.

What could I be doing wrong? I need help. I have taken several care courses and have a care experience here in Nigeria.

I know someone who has been applying to NHS organisations for care roles as well but has not been successful despite having 2 interviews so far. The recruiters simply claim the Band she's applying for (Band 4) is not high enough to warrant sponsorship from abroad (which is a lie). Some use the Red-list excuse. What I always advise her to do is to keep applying. All the setbacks won't matter when you get one 'Congratulations' email.

What you can do is to keep proof-reading your CV and supporting information. Make it as comprehensive and grammatical error-free as possible. Joy is coming soon.

In addition, Care roles are not the only jobs available in the UK. Check for other roles that you may be qualified for, you may just be surprised at what you will find.

I hope this helps

8 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Wisdom7400(m): 9:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ola736:
Good afternoon everyone
Am a married man and my wife is already 4month pregnant, just at the beginning of the 5th month with intention of relocating to UK through the Care job, the person to do the process said it will take 3-5 month for the cos to be out, and it’s either my wife is heavy or just deliver.. please i need your response on this questions

Which of us should apply as the main applicant ?
The advantages and disadvantages of starting a new life in UK and also the possible challenges

And please give me reasons for your answer.
Your responses is highly appreciated everyone
Pls be the main applicant not ur wife. I am a living witness

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Maj42: 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
[color=#550000][/color]
dee1504:

- Read (if possible, CRAM) the values of the NHS organisation you're applying to.

- Go through the job description and ensure that you have a practical knowledge of all that is ESSENTIAL for your position. Watch Youtube videos and read books to gain theoretical knowledge of what you don't have practical knowledge of, especially the DESIRABLE aspect.

- Be confident in yourself, speak clearly and do not fear. You'll be interviewed by human beings not God.

- Whatever you don't know, don't be afraid to say you don't know. It's better than lying. Your interviewers will probably have 20 or more years of experience in the job so they can detect your lies easily.

- Prepare questions to ask the interviewers cos they will ask if you have any questions. Make sure the questions are centred around your career/professional development on the job. You can also ask when they will get back to you but that should be the last question.

- Lastly, this interview is not a do or die affair. The fact that you got this one means you are good enough to get many more interviews. It can either be a blessing or a lesson to learn from.

Wishing you the best of luck in your interview. I'm rooting for you.

Thank you so much 🥰
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bacteria8: 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2023
Wisdom7400:

Hmmm why did you say this sir ?? Pls elaborate so some of us don't make the same mistake pls 🙏🏾
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nwokiwu90(m): 11:18pm On Jun 23, 2023
mickhine01:
Finally the wait is over
Congratulations once again

thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nwokiwu90(m): 11:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
Divinehenrich:
Congratulations sir. May the name of the Lord be praised both now and forever, Amen
amen thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nwokiwu90(m): 11:21pm On Jun 23, 2023
advanceDNA:

Omoh...dem frustrate you oooo....
I swear no be small
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mayowa94: 6:07am On Jun 24, 2023
mayowa94:
Hello
I just want to double check the info below;

As a student switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 is there need to proof English language proficiency again?
is TB test and criminal record certificate also required?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ehizario2012: 8:37am On Jun 24, 2023
Congratulations. Are you traveling with family? Have you applied for dependants visa?

Nwokiwu90:
Visa Alert
Biometrics 31st March

The wait is over…. Praying for those awaiting theirs for quick positive decision Amen
Thanks everyone 😁😁
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by darmilolah(m): 8:51am On Jun 24, 2023
typicaltemi:

Thanks so much, but how do I register before getting it in my mail..since I don't have NI and drivers license just passport. Can I register with just my international passport..

You can’t register. It’s only employer that can do that for you.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by darmilolah(m): 8:54am On Jun 24, 2023
Osa4:

How dyu register DBS ? and after paying 60quid you will still pay to update??

Dbs is not up to £60 but some employers collect dbs fee from applicants. It’s wise to do the update service so you don’t have to do another dbs every year.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifedayofemi: 9:35am On Jun 24, 2023
Please can we do the visa application ourselves or it's better we use Tls for it...please I need advise on it urgently pls...thank u all
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Clevo: 10:29am On Jun 24, 2023
Ifedayofemi:
Please can we do the visa application ourselves or it's better we use Tls for it...please I need advise on it urgently pls...thank u all
I can help out for your health visa processing
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifedayofemi: 10:57am On Jun 24, 2023
Clevo:

I can help out for your health visa processing
mine is work not student....I don't need health sir...I only need help on visa processing...thank you sir

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Threeo: 11:05am On Jun 24, 2023
Finally!!!

Congratulations. This is great news

Nwokiwu90:
Visa Alert
Biometrics 31st March

Thanks everyone 😁😁
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dandydrey(m): 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2023
Good afternoon everyone.

Pls has anyone had issues with the new Digitalized Police character certificate because I couldn’t get the old one with fingerprints. And is the Uk government aware of the changes.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mayowa94: 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hello do I need to do TB test and criminal record certificate if I want to change visa in the UK?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2023
mayowa94:
Hello do I need to do TB test and criminal record certificate if I want to change visa in the UK?

Nope
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jum33: 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
mayowa94:
no
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by amehrada: 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2023
Please I have 3 questions with regards the image attached;

1. Can a dependant still use the COS even after it’s stated expiry date?

2. Does the sponsor’s note imply that dependant will have to provide proof of maintenance funds during visa application? (Maintenance was ticked Y)

3. Can a dependant(husband) use the statement of account of the sponsored migrant(wife) as proof of maintenance funds during visa application? (Wife is already in the UK).

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
NezzyMike:

A pregnant woman working as a carer Newly employed?? It's better he's the main applicant cus she can't be breastfeeding and handling such job.
Lol! You didn't get the sarcasm in his comment.😄
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ibaku(m): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hello everyone, pls if you know, what are the documents needed to extend a skilled worker and dependants visa. Thank you.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
darmilolah:

Dbs is not up to £60 but some employers collect dbs fee from applicants. It’s wise to do the update service so you don’t have to do another dbs every year.

Pls how much is DBS?

Sme employers take 60quid

And the 13 quid is it not another payment
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nwokiwu90(m): 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2023
ehizario2012:
Congratulations. Are you traveling with family? Have you applied for dependants visa?

thanks and am traveling alone I have no dependent
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nwokiwu90(m): 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2023
Threeo:
Finally!!!

Congratulations. This is great news

thanks 😁😁😁
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by newtral01(f): 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2023
Good Evening, on my COS maintenance was ticked Yes for me and dependant does that mean that I don’t need to show proof of funds and proof of accommodation when submitting my visa application.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2023
amehrada:
Please I have 3 questions with regards the image attached;

1. Can a dependant still use the COS even after it’s stated expiry date?

....dependents link their application to the main applicant's GW number...COS is linked ti main applicant.....doesnt matter if the COS has expired

amehrada:

2. Does the sponsor’s note imply that dependant will have to provide proof of maintenance funds during visa application? (Maintenance was ticked Y)
Yes...Dependent will provide proof of funds..

amehrada:

3. Can a dependant(husband) use the statement of account of the sponsored migrant(wife) as proof of maintenance funds during visa application? (Wife is already in the UK) Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Yes..... she should send her uk statement of account and cover note permitting you to use her statement...

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2023
newtral01:
Good Evening, on my COS maintenance was ticked Yes for me and dependant does that mean that I don’t need to show proof of funds and proof of accommodation when submitting my visa application.

Yep
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ola736: 11:16pm On Jun 24, 2023
Wisdom7400:

Please explain better sir from your experience
The disadvantage and advantages of using her as the main applicant instead of myself
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ola736:

Please explain better sir from your experience
The disadvantage and advantages of using her as the main applicant instead of myself
So you still want your wife to be doing care job while she's heavily pregnant or nursing your own child, while you enjoy yourself as her dependant?!😱🙄 I can't believe this!!!😡

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mykelpato(m): 3:33am On Jun 25, 2023
oak202:

I think he is saying this from his own point of view but not to discourage others. The truth is experience is the best teacher but last last things everybody will be alright.
The naked truth is once you enter youkay,it might be rough at the beginning for few months if you dont come with enough raba to start with especially with these useless agents that issue CoS with promise of work after collecting huge raba and ended up not giving you shift .
That is the norms now whether we like it or not because i'm still battling this issue.
Imagine bringing in over 15 people from different African countries(Nigerians inclusive) and telling them that you are still looking for contract to sign to give them shift after they have all been in the youkay for close to 2 months. It is well.

People that come in and start work immediately find it eazy in youkay and will never complain at all.

How are you tackling this issue? Getting another employer that will sponsor? I guess you're working for the extra 20hrs while doing so. However I want to know what will happen to taxes during this period of since your fulltime contract didn't provide any shift ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (606) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.