Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (849492 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by BeckyB1(f): 5:36am On Jul 01, 2023
Clevo:

I did on the 13th. Received a mail that my docs are ready for collection since Wednesday. I've not gotten the BRP mail yet. Should I be worried?

I received my collection email on Monday and BRP email came in on Wednesday morning. No need to be worried.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Allschoolsinfo: 10:07am On Jul 01, 2023
viperVIP:
While in the UK, the person can apply as a care worker, but from outside UK, I do not think it's possible, I was in same shoe, my wife couldn't be the MA because she has just NCE, so I had to shoulder it, knowing fully well that within 1 year I can write some exams to get my license as a certified solar energy expert, then switch to my main profession by securing a new COS, not minding the 12m already paid now. It's the cost of greatness afterall

Thanks your response, how far with the process? Have you migrated now? And the 12m,what's it for?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Allschoolsinfo: 10:11am On Jul 01, 2023
pakirisuitesphc:
They don't need degree or HND to apply for care work as long as the person can pass ielts and get COS, no need for any certificate. I have assisted someone with only secondary Waec to get health care visa before.

Oga, how will it go then?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pakirisuitesphc(m): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2023
The basic documents for health care visa are COS, TB certificate, police report, proof of maintenance if not ticked by employer and IELTS or Ecctis evaluation.
Allschoolsinfo:

Oga, how will it go then?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Teephour(f): 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2023
Good day all,

Please can I use my student copy transcript for the ECCTIS evaluation.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mofolam: 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2023
dee1504:

There's some clarity now. If you insist on travelling with your child, then, I guess you can either go with the advice that advanceDNA had given you earlier OR you make arrangement for the care of your child in the UK (hiring a nanny/carer to look after them or having a friend/family member in the UK to help you out with that) and write a letter to UKVI to that effect.

My candid advice: Your child has no business going with you alone to the UK. You do not know what conditions await you, now you want to bring a child into the mix? Double trouble. Do not forget that you will also be working while trying to find your feet. Do you really want to bring your child into that uncertainty? Go first, bring your child (and husband) in, a few weeks/months later when you're fully settled.

MyOpinion

Thank you. My situation is different though. My mum, sisters and nieces are there. Childcare , accommodation and transportation are things I thankfully don’t have to worry about
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mindlog: 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
viperVIP:
While in the UK, the person can apply as a care worker, but from outside UK, I do not think it's possible, I was in same shoe, my wife couldn't be the MA because she has just NCE, so I had to shoulder it, knowing fully well that within 1 year I can write some exams to get my license as a certified solar energy expert, then switch to my main profession by securing a new COS, not minding the 12m already paid now. It's the cost of greatness afterall

Under which occupation code is solar energy expertise fall in the UK's skilled worker visa shortage occupations?

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mindlog: 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
viperVIP:

Under which occupation code is solar energy expertise fall in the UK's skilled worker visa shortage occupations?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mindlog: 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
MichAm:

Hello.
If you don't mind, I will like to find out a few things from you, please. I sent you a message via email.

Responded.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pretty1986: 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2023
Olamisko:
I got COS, I need a husband before I go but not sure how to go about it. I learnt it’s difficult to get married at 40 year old abroad. Any advice?
Am interested and am from Anambra state.Can we privately if you don't mind.Am a business Man here in onitsha.Thanks.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
Please is it only the MA that needs the POF , what of the dependants??
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2023
typicaltemi:
Please is it only the MA that needs the POF , what of the dependants??

If ur employer ticks yes to maintenance for you and family...nobody will need POF

If you employer ticks no to maintenance... MA and family members will need proof of funds
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bibelo: 10:09pm On Jul 01, 2023
@advanceDNA can one pay for Florence academy certificate using naira debit card
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
bibelo:
@advanceDNA can one pay for Florence academy certificate using naira debit card

Nope
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bibelo: 10:32pm On Jul 01, 2023
advanceDNA:

Nope
Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cobby14(m): 12:16am On Jul 02, 2023
Can I please contact you? I have some few inquiries.
pakirisuitesphc:
They don't need degree or HND to apply for care work as long as the person can pass ielts and get COS, no need for any certificate. I have assisted someone with only secondary Waec to get health care visa before.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pakirisuitesphc(m): 2:18am On Jul 02, 2023
Yes, you can contact me.

cobby14:
Can I please contact you? I have some few inquiries.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by icecool12(m): 7:25am On Jul 02, 2023
I’m confused as to what to select here (Red mark) Main applicant already in the Uk 2wks now.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chrisomila: 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
Please my question is, if someone enter youkay with COS and the company didn't offer him or her shift what will the person do?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
Chrisomila:
Please my question is, if someone enter youkay with COS and the company didn't offer him or her shift what will the person do?

Personally: u bcome broke since shift becomes money......to survive, u will have to find another sponsored job to cover ur standard 40-45hrs per week..or manage ur extra 20hrs per week.. all has to be care/health jobs anyway

Officially: u have no tax to pay....since u are not working......and ur tax is what uk goverment needs...some of these no shift sponsor will still tell u to remit tax to them from where ever u can so they can post ur tax

i dont know how a prolonged no-tax situtaion will affect ur application for permanent residency....so think well before ur accept no-shift COS....

some accept it get lucky by quickly getting another sponsor with shift....

Some dont get lucky..making life unbearable especially when they are single with no supporting striker.... .it can get worse if such employer bcomes cancelled by home office because of their greed ....

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Yorkedwight: 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2023
advanceDNA:

Personally: u bcome broke since shift becomes money......to survive, u will have to find another sponsored job to cover ur standard 40-45hrs per week..or manage ur extra 20hrs per week.. all has to be care/health jobs anyway

Officially: u have no tax to pay....since u are not working......and ur tax is what uk goverment needs...some of these no shift sponsor will still tell u to remit tax to them from where ever u can so they can post ur tax

i dont know how a prolonged no-tax situtaion will affect ur application for permanent residency....so think well before ur accept no-shift COS....

some accept it get lucky by quickly getting a another sponsor with shift....

Some dont get lucky..making life unbearable especially when they are single.. .it can get worse if such employer bcomes cancelled by home office because of their greed ....

Bro good afternoon,
I am expecting my COS next week before applying fr visa. Is my “BSc Certificate” one of the documents to submit fr my visa application?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Olaide1295: 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2023
advanceDNA:

some accept it get lucky by quickly getting a another sponsor with shift....

Some dont get lucky..making life unbearable especially when they are single.. .it can get worse if such employer bcomes cancelled by home office because of their greed ....
This is a tight situation to be in.
I know two people in such who are looking for jobs because their sponsor doesn't have shifts for them.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
Yorkedwight:

Bro good afternoon,
I am expecting my COS next week before applying fr visa. Is my “BSc Certificate” one of the documents to submit fr my visa application?

Nope...
Just submit ur ielts or ECCTIS ŕeport....
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2023
Olaide1295:

This is a tight situation to be in.
I know two people in such who are looking for jobs because their sponsor doesn't have shifts for them.

Its a sad sitiation....unfortunately thats the new trend...formerly these employers dont tell u there's no shift....now they let u know because people are jumping at it just to get out of nigeria....

.a foreign place is not a place to be without money....

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Drey1: 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
advanceDNA:

some accept it get lucky by quickly getting another sponsor with shift....

Some dont get lucky..making life unbearable especially when they are single with no supporting striker.... .it can get worse if such employer bcomes cancelled by home office because of their greed ....

Bro. Can you clarify if such occurs and luckily the victim was able to secure 2 jobs all in care and both offers her 20hrs each week. And payment done through ni, I bliv home office would be able to deduct tax ba? Since it shows she now works 40hrs but from 2 health homes.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Yorkedwight: 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2023
advanceDNA:

Nope...
Just submit ur ielts or ECCTIS ŕeport....

Okay
Thanks bro
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pakirisuitesphc(m): 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
There are care agencies that will give him more than 20hrs and is allowed to do more than 20hrs additional jobs as long as the job is in the same health care. But the main sponsor must still be paying tax and NI for him, if not is going to breach the condition of his permit, both him and the employer that issued the COS will be sanctioned if home office discovers.

Drey1:

Bro. Can you clarify if such occurs and luckily the victim was able to secure 2 jobs all in care and both offers her 20hrs each week. And payment done through ni, I bliv home office would be able to deduct tax ba? Since it shows she now works 40hrs but from 2 health homes.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
Drey1:

Home office doesnt deduct tax.......your employer pays it on ur behalf to the goverment....

. to be frank about your question....i dontknow the tax requirment home office will use to judge PR application after 5 years...

But the little i know is that u are expected to have a job under ur skilled work visa that doesnt pay you less than £20, 489 or 10.75£ per hour or the ‘going rate’....how they will now assess tax payment is what i dont know.... but ur main employer that sponsored u is meant to pay your tax too..so thats why people give those wicked sponsor tax even when they dont give them any shift

Also u cant be out if the uk for more than 180 days in a 12 months period

so i guess there will still be some consideration for periods of no job or periods of vacation... since 180 days (6months) is allowed as period of absence.....so maybe u will be expected to have tax for at least 6 months or more in a year....just speculating ni oooo...as i am not authority on this matter

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tier4Dependant: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2023
NHS people… If you decide to register on the bank and pick bank shifts with your trust i.e the trust that sponsor you, does it count as overtime or additional job (second job)
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by karixz: 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
Good evening guys
Sorry I forgot to drop this earlier. This was my port of entry questions last month when we travelled.
Us: Good morning
Officer: Good morning, why are you in the Uk?
M.A: For work
Officer: And you are?
Me: His wife
Officer: Can I see an offer letter?
M.A shows her
Officer: Where would you be staying?
M.A: The accommodation is covered by my employer
Officer: That’s lovely, and where in the country is it?
M.A tells her
Officer: And how do you plan to get there?
M.A: Train
Officer: you’re welcome to the UK
And then she returned our passports. I was not asked to prove my relationship or asked additional questions.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2023
karixz:
Good evening guys
Sorry I forgot to drop this earlier. This was my port of entry questions last month when we travelled.
Us: Good morning
Officer: Good morning, why are you in the Uk?
M.A: For work
Officer: And you are?
Me: His wife
Officer: Can I see an offer letter?
M.A shows her
Officer: Where would you be staying?
M.A: The accommodation is covered by my employer
Officer: That’s lovely, and where in the country is it?
M.A tells her
Officer: And how do you plan to get there?
M.A: Train
Officer: you’re welcome to the UK
And then she returned our passports. I was not asked to prove my relationship or asked additional questions.

This border control officer did not take cocaine... grin

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Drey1: 9:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
pakirisuitesphc:
There are care agencies that will give him more than 20hrs and is allowed to do more than 20hrs additional jobs as long as the job is in the same health care. But the main sponsor must still be paying tax and NI for him, if not is going to breach the condition of his permit, both him and the employer that issued the COS will be sanctioned if home office discovers.

Very dicey though. Now, Imagine agent bring u come, send u give care home, care home collect ur ni dey pay u directly into ur aza, u dey see the care home name for ur payment description. After 5 years when you file for ilr, I bliv the tax would be deducted already via the payment from care home. So. Why going through the agency again and giving them another money

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.