Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,910 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (846503 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mofolam: 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
Prizee1:
Hello everyone, please my sister applied for dependant visa for her 2kids as she is in the UK already. It's been over 2months now yet no positive update from UKVI. First, they demanded for additional documents as she is no longer together with their father, all of which was provided. She even made a paid call 3weeks ago and they said it would be escalated, yet no response. Please what do we do? Has anyone experienced this sort of delay before?

I am experiencing it. Biometric was June 14. Additional documents sent July 4. Nothing can be done except to disturb with calls and emails.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tenski: 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hi,
Those of you looking for cheap flight ticket, pls do this.

NOTE!!!! It’s just an OBSERVATION and it worked for me

Get your luggages arranged/ready and search for next day flights. You will get one with a very low price. If you live in any of the States that has an International airport, you can also try same day flights. I noticed air fares tend to drop 10 to 35 hours before departure due to last minute cancellations and some other unknown factors (Like i said before, my observation)

I got a next day flight for N512,000 which ordinarily was almost 3 times that amount. Good enough, it had just an hour stop. Got to The UK some days back

Try your luck and see. Just hope this helps someone

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mofolam: 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
Tenski:
Hi,

Get your luggages arranged/ready and search for next day flights. You will get one with a very low price. If you live in any of the States that has an International airport, you can also try same day flights. I noticed air fares tend to drop 10 to 35 hours before departure due to last minute cancellations and some other reasons (Like i said before, my observation)

I got a next day flight for N512,000 which ordinarily was almost 3 times that amount. Good enough, it has just an hour stop. Got to The UK some days back

I noticed it too. What airline did u use?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IJay8: 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2023
advanceDNA:

18 and above na adult naaaa... ukvi no recognize adult as dependent unless on special circumstances....the op's son is 22..

22 years old wey don graduate dey work for bank cannot be minor/dependent grin
Please so if I apply for work visa as the main applicant and my visa comes out, won’t my husband apply as my dependent, please throw more light am kinda of confuse 🙏🏻 @advanceDNA
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 3:22pm On Aug 05, 2023
IJay8:

Please so if I apply for work visa as the main applicant and my visa comes out, won’t my husband apply as my dependent, please throw more light am kinda of confuse 🙏🏻 @advanceDNA

Yor husband is by immigration law permitted to be ur dependent because relationship btw couples is recognize by law as essential to to wellbeing and survival.... so it is a special condition.....

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IJay8: 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
advanceDNA:

Yor husband is by immigration law permitted to be ur dependent because relationship btw couples is recognize by law as essential to to wellbeing and survival.... so it is a special condition.....
Ok dear thanks very much
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IJay8: 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2023
You will say I too they ask questions but please I need to ask this one too, please this news of UK stopping COS for care work how true is it, cuz am planning to apply soonest@advanceDNA🙏🏻
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by okeysoninv: 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
IJay8:
You will say I too they ask questions but please I need to ask this one too, please this news of UK stopping COS for care work how true is it, cuz am planning to apply soonest@advanceDNA🙏🏻
where did you get that news from.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
IJay8:

Dont know how soon....i heard it too... it may just be ordinary noise from anti-migration members of the parliament....

At the end of the day...the UK goverment likes money more than anything...they nor get plenty oil, they need these charges to run their ......instead of scrapping COS for care work..they will rather make visa fees 2000£ and ISC 1500£....and even activate health insurance charge

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tenski: 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
Mofolam:

I noticed it too. What airline did u use?

Qatar airways. 9 hours non-Stop flight from Lagos to Doha, Qatar. 1 hr 20 mins stop at Qatar and then another 6 hrs plus non-Stop flight to London Heathrow. Such a long journey but it was worth it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IJay8: 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2023
advanceDNA:

Dont know how soon....i heard it too... it may just be ordinary noise from anti-migration members of the parliament....

At the end of the day...the UK goverment likes money more than anything...they nor get plenty oil, they need these charges to run their ......instead of scrapping COS for care work..they will rather make visa fees 2000£ and ISC 1500£....and even activate health insurance charge
Ok thank God lemme do and apply fast shaa, thank very much really appreciate 🙏🏻
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IJay8: 4:11pm On Aug 05, 2023
okeysoninv:
where did you get that news from.
Youtube
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Sam2305: 4:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hello family,

I will be traveling for masters by January,however,due to the new immigration law ,I obviously can't apply for dependent visa for my partner.So I have been considering the care work route or visiting visa so that she can also come asap to stay with me as our marriage will just be 3 months by January and we don't want to do long distance marriage cos we did long distance relationship for years from day 1.

Kindly assist with the process of getting care/health work job and theCOS too.

Thanks so muchhhhh
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by smartchick01: 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
please did you get it on the website , or which site did you book from

Tenski:
Hi,

Get your luggages arranged/ready and search for next day flights. You will get one with a very low price. If you live in any of the States that has an International airport, you can also try same day flights. I noticed air fares tend to drop 10 to 35 hours before departure due to last minute cancellations and some other unknown factors (Like i said before, my observation)

I got a next day flight for N512,000 which ordinarily was almost 3 times that amount. Good enough, it had just an hour stop. Got to The UK some days back

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2023
Allschoolsinfo:
@Advancedna
I have a copy of my transcript addressed to another University, can I submit that to ECCTIS or my university have to send it directly?

It depends....

Is the name of the university the transcript was addressed to was inputed on all the pages of the transcript..then ecctis may ask for another copy..pple have said so...but u can try shaa

If not, i.e they used a separate page to address the recipient school...and ur grades are on 4 separate pages ...just send the 4 pages only to ECCTIS removing the page used to address the school...u get??
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Icesnow(f): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2023
advanceDNA:

Which relationship?? he is not the father of the kids. What does he want to prove over another man's kids?? He doesnt have a dog in this fight unless he has officially adopted the kids , prior to the visa apllication and with legal documents to show...

Its a simple matter...
The wife that is his dependent and also the mother of the kids is the one that needs to show relationship with her name on kids' birth certificates and also prove she has sole custody/solely responsible for her kids for the kids to fly with her and her current husband....

... she can prove it by an official divorce letter from her ex husband which would have also officially addressed the custody of the kids produced in the union...

....If there was no marriage with the father of her kids..she must still show a court document that she is soley responsible for her kids for their visa to be approved
Pls is being a guardian different from adoption. Can I get visa for a person whose guardian I've got? Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tenski: 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2023
smartchick01:
please did you get it on the website , or which site did you book from

Wakanow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2023
Icesnow:
Pls is being a guardian different from adoption. Can I get visa for a person whose guardian I've got? Thanks

Yes u can.....
Yes its different
Still....Weda u are a legal guardian or u fully adopted the child as ur own.... u must have court documents to show for both
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tenski: 9:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
Point Of Entry Questions

I was supposed to arrive at Manchester because it’s closer to my final destination but i saw a reasonable flight ticket to London and i grabbed it.

Me: Hi

Immigration Officer: Can i have your passport

Me: Gave him

IO: What brings you to The UK?

Me: Work

IO: What type of work?

Me: Told him

IO: How many years experience do you have?

IO: Where are you going to?

Me: Liverpool

IO: I can see you have a resident permit of a Country on your passport, what’s it for?

Me: Lived and worked in that country

IO: Where are you coming from?

Me: Nigeria

IO: Why didn’t you come from that other country?

Me: Because i wanted to spend time with my Family

IO: Welcome to The UK.

The man face na die, as them call me to go he booth, my mind tell me say problem go dey. He had already stamped my passport but he held on to it while he was still asking those questions. He didn’t ask for any document, only my passport. My replies were mostly 2 words, i no answer wetin he no ask me

Went through Immigration, went and grabbed my luggages. On my way out, i got stopped by one uniform man, i think he’s a customs officer (i may be wrong). Took me to one room, there were other people there whose bags were being searched and they were being asked some questions. He started asking me questions while he placed my luggage on a table to search. He was just pressing my luggage if he can feel anything, don’t know what he was looking for.

Customs: Where are you coming from?

Me: Nigeria via Qatar

Customs: What’s in your luggage?

Me: Mostly Food items, shoes and a few clothes

Customs: Where in Nigeria are you coming from?

Me: Lagos

Customs: You live in Lagos?

Me: No, i live in Delta

Customs: Angrily he said to me “hope you’re not bullshitting me with one of those your Nigerian jokes, this is not a place for it”, You live in Lagos or Abuja?

Me: I live in Delta State. Nigeria has 36 States, Delta is one of them. I can show you if you like

Customs: Looked at me and said You can go

Me: Took my luggages and left. He didn’t even open them

Thanks to everyone on this thread that made this journey possible, i really appreciate you guys.

7 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Icesnow(f): 9:41pm On Aug 05, 2023
advanceDNA:

Yes u can.....
Yes its different
Still....Weda u are a legal guardian or u fully adopted the child as ur own.... u must have court documents to show for both
Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mofolam: 10:19pm On Aug 05, 2023
Tenski:
Point Of Entry Questions

I was supposed to arrive at Manchester because it’s closer to my final destination but i saw a reasonable flight ticket to London and i grabbed it.

Me: Hi

Immigration Officer: Can i have your passport

Me: Gave him

IO: What brings you to The UK?

Me: Work

IO: What type of work?

IO: How many years experience do you have?

IO: Where are you going to?

Me: Liverpool

IO: I can see you have a resident permit of a Country on your passport, what’s it for?

Me: Lived and worked in that country

IO: Where are you coming from?

Me: Nigeria

IO: Why didn’t you come from that other country?

Me: Because i wanted to spend time with my Family

IO: Welcome to The UK.

The man face na die, as them call me to go he booth, my mind tell me say problem go dey. He had already stamped my passport but he held on to it while he was still asking those questions. He didn’t ask for any document, only my passport. My replies were mostly 2 words, i no answer wetin he no ask me

Went through Immigration, went and grabbed my luggages. On my way out, i got stopped by one uniform man, i think he’s a customs officer (i may be wrong). Took me to one room, there were other people there whose bags were being searched and they were being asked some questions. He started asking me questions while he placed my luggage on a table to search. He was just pressing my luggage if he can feel anything, don’t know what he was looking for.

Customs: Where are you coming from?

Me: Nigeria via Qatar

Customs: What’s in your luggage?

Me: Mostly Food items, shoes and a few clothes

Customs: Where in Nigeria are you coming from?

Me: Lagos

Customs: You live in Lagos?

Me: No, i live in Delta

Customs: Angrily he said to me “hope you’re not bullshitting me with one of those your Nigerian jokes, this is not a place for it”, You live in Lagos or Abuja?

Me: I live in Delta State. Nigeria has 36 States, Delta is one of them. I can show you if you like

Customs: Looked at me and said You can go

Me: Took my luggages and left. He didn’t even open them

Thanks to everyone on this thread that made this journey possible, i really appreciate you guys.

😂🤣thanks for this. It was refreshing. Na wah for ur custom officer ooo.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Sam2305: 1:26am On Aug 06, 2023
Sam2305:
Hello family,

I will be traveling for masters by January,however,due to the new immigration law ,I obviously can't apply for dependent visa for my partner.So I have been considering the care work route or visiting visa so that she can also come asap to stay with me as our marriage will just be 3 months by January and we don't want to do long distance marriage cos we did long distance relationship for years from day 1.

Kindly assist with the process of getting care/health work job and theCOS too.

Thanks so muchhhhh
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pyzdan: 6:51am On Aug 06, 2023
Good morning, pls I need your advice.
Can two families (husband, wife with 4 children each) who bears same surname apply for visa at the same time? with different COS
what are the chances, hope it won't pose any problems
please advise. Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by tolaade1960: 7:56am On Aug 06, 2023
I have been applying for IT jobs in Uk on linkedin and other sites but all my applications are not getting through.
Please I need your advice.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by amehrada: 8:26am On Aug 06, 2023
Morning guys! After submitting all necessary documents on the TLS portal(self upload), is it normal for that number 2 and 3 not to be checked like the number 1 even when It’s showing documents submitted? Yet to go for biometrics though.

Another thing is I didn’t put one of my document in the appropriate category, I hope it’s not going to be an issue.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Abubanty: 8:48am On Aug 06, 2023
tolaade1960:
I have been applying for IT jobs in Uk on linkedin and other sites but all my applications are not getting through.
Please I need your advice.

Are you based in UK?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bqola: 9:00am On Aug 06, 2023
Please I want to know if a PCC is required for partner/dependent on visa application for health and care worker visa
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tenski: 9:03am On Aug 06, 2023
Mofolam:

😂🤣thanks for this. It was refreshing. Na wah for ur custom officer ooo.

The thing tire me bro😀
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 9:06am On Aug 06, 2023
pyzdan:
Good morning, pls I need your advice.
Can two families (husband, wife with 4 children each) who bears same surname apply for visa at the same time? with different COS
what are the chances, hope it won't pose any problems
please advise. Thanks

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by taalas: 9:57am On Aug 06, 2023
I think with VAT you will likely spend above 170£ at check out

Allschoolsinfo:
Good day everyone, is it the circled one I'm to choose for care worker ECCTIS?
Please respond ASAP. Thanks.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Allschoolsinfo: 10:36am On Aug 06, 2023
advanceDNA:

It depends....

Is the name of the university the transcript was addressed to was inputed on all the pages of the transcript..then ecctis may ask for another copy..pple have said so...but u can try shaa

If not, i.e they used a separate page to address the recipient school...and ur grades are on 4 separate pages ...just send the 4 pages only to ECCTIS removing the page used to address the school...u get??

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.