Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (846651 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ikennaigwe: 11:32am On Aug 07, 2023
sunday morning.....was it priority
Noah411:
I just got a brp mail with attachment stating ;

Your application for a United Kingdom (UK) visa (vignette) has been successful.
This letter is not permission to travel to the UK.

On a sunday morning.

Remaining my wife’s own

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Instablog9ja: 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
Hello everyone. Please how is accommodation section been filled during skilled Worker Visa application. How do you fill that section when you don't know where you are staying yet? Moreover hope the visa won't be refused if you don't know where you are staying yet??
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by amehrada: 1:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
jurhnsyn:
Please which other virtual card can I use to pay visa fee? Barter is not taking new sign up at the moment
I used chipper but the rate na dead. $1 for 924naira
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tenski: 2:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
viperVIP:
You are right, I got lucky as well when I booked mine just the exact manner you described, though not as cheap as yours lol.
may i know which website you used? I have been searching for one for my wife since last week but prices are too high and I don't want to put her through the stress of cotonou and all these self-transfer flights.

Thank you

Wakanow

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by viperVIP: 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
I think the whole CHEAP cotonou to London flight is overrated right now. Here are my discoveries...

2 stops
over 30hours
self transfer
requiring transit visa

if you add all of the above together + uber cost from lagos down there
it's already more than 843k from wakanow with just 24-41hours as the only hassle.
even the wakanow, requires schengen transit visa

@okeysoninv: will check

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jurhnsyn: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
amehrada:
I used chipper but the rate na dead. $1 for 924naira
What! That's crazy
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by okeysoninv: 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
viperVIP:
I think the whole CHEAP cotonou to London flight is overrated right now. Here are my discoveries...

2 stops
over 30hours
self transfer
requiring transit visa

if you add all of the above together + uber cost from lagos down there
it's already more than 843k from wakanow with just 24-41hours as the only hassle.
have your tried air royalmoroc from cotonou?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CHRISWUZZY: 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
@advancedDNA and any experienced person.

Gud evening,hope this message finds u well.
Trust everyone doing well today?

My concern: today is the 11thday since I did my bio I just got a message NSF message if I'm to say,and by Friday should be making it the 15th day. what's the possibility of them getting back to me on Friday?.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mofolam: 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2023
CHRISWUZZY:

My concern: today is the 11thday since I did my bio I just got a message NSF message if I'm to say,and by Friday should be making it the 15th day. what's the possibility of them getting back to me on Friday?.

Don’t do that you urself. Setting expectations concerning timeline can only end in anxiety and it will take a toll on your mental health. They could get back to you today, tomorrow or even in 2 months. The uncertainty even with priority will always be a constant with ukvi.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2023
CHRISWUZZY:

I know u are in a hurry...but the truth is ur application has not stayed longer than normal......the SLA for skiled work visa is 3 weeks ...and u said it be 15 days by friday...

If u are lucky ukvi will release ur visa before friday since u got empty NsF......the thing with ukvi is that they are unpredictable...so be patient...u go dey alright

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Datakey: 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2023
Good evening house..
Today made it 5days since my biometrics on 1st August 2023.. I tried paid call and paid mail I keep getting an error message that my payment failed.. I have tried like 3 Diff master card... I did priority and application is still at DMC...

Abeg what next should I do?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jurhnsyn: 7:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
Can someonepleaseanswer this?
Instablog9ja:
Hello everyone. Please how is accommodation section been filled during skilled Worker Visa application. How do you fill that section when you don't know where you are staying yet? Moreover hope the visa won't be refused if you don't know where you are staying yet??
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mofolam: 7:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
Who don pack load down? Run to the airport now ooo. BA direct flight is 800k n some change. For tonight

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 8:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
Datakey:
Good evening house..
Today made it 5days since my biometrics on 1st August 2023.. I tried paid call and paid mail I keep getting an error message that my payment failed.. I have tried like 3 Diff master card... I did priority and application is still at DMC...

Abeg what next should I do?

Go and pay with foreign currency card or WEMA or sterling card....

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by smartchick01: 8:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
wow!, on wakanow?
Mofolam:
Who don pack load down? Run to the airport now ooo. BA direct flight is 800k n some change. For tonight
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
Instablog9ja:

Put ur employer's address...

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Icesnow(f): 9:37pm On Aug 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

See ehn!!!! Make i clear you....if wanna fly with the kid...i will advice u to adopt him or her to make ur application easy..
... we are in the era of child trafficking and embassies know we get document easily in nigeria with the right price....

Ur application with different surname on both passport as guardian will rasie NSF email sharpally, asking if the parents are alive...if they are alive..ukvi will undoubtedly bounce the kid's application immediately.

... the only way the application will stand a small chance of approval is if both parents are dead...and they will start askimg u for more documents like death certificate, the kid's birth certificate and all manner of court documents

Noted, thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by viperVIP: 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2023
is this a joke?

Mofolam:
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mickhine01: 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
Na true ooo

quote author=Mofolam post=124953120]Who don pack load down? Run to the airport now ooo. BA direct flight is 800k n some change. For tonight [/quote]

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by viperVIP: 11:38pm On Aug 07, 2023
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I don search tire, i couldn't get this o.
i've been refreshing all day, how come this kind of offer isn't showing here....
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by RuneKingThor: 7:28am On Aug 08, 2023
mickhine01:
Na true ooo

quote author=Mofolam post=124953120]Who don pack load down? Run to the airport now ooo. BA direct flight is 800k n some change. For tonight

See luck. Congrats to whoever got this 🤧

We had to settle for 1.1m each. It is well ooo
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Datakey: 7:34am On Aug 08, 2023
RuneKingThor:

See luck. Congrats to whoever got this 🤧

We had to settle for 1.1m each. It is well ooo

Which Airline? And I guess you booked a day before travel?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by temodent(m): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2023
Datakey:

Which Airline? And I guess you booked a day before travel?

As at 8:00pm yesterday Virgin Atlantic flight to Heathrow for today was about the same price

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by woffie: 11:11am On Aug 08, 2023
Good morning to everyone,Pls I was in an argument with some that Health/Care worker Visa applicant for thier dependant don't pay NHIS fee all they need to pay for is Visa fee...pls I want to ask gurus in the house if this is correct by me not wrong

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by zubby4567(m): 11:14am On Aug 08, 2023
woffie:
Good morning to everyone,Pls I was in an argument with some that Health/Care worker Visa applicant for thier dependant don't pay NHIS fee all they need to pay for is Visa fee...pls I want to ask gurus in the house if this is correct by me not wrong
They are not paying unless it have been changed

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by viperVIP: 11:19am On Aug 08, 2023
seemed it's only you people in Nigeria that are getting the offer.
my wife got herself egypt air 803k an hour ago, meanwhile i was here refreshing like someone looking to hack into their server
the offer never come

temodent:

As at 8:00pm yesterday Virgin Atlantic flight to Heathrow for today was about the same price
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mofolam: 11:35am On Aug 08, 2023
viperVIP:
seemed it's only you people in Nigeria that are getting the offer.
my wife got herself egypt air 803k an hour ago, meanwhile i was here refreshing like someone looking to hack into their server
the offer never come

Tickets are cheaper when bought abroad, but only when you are buying way ahead of travel date. All the sharp sharp booking deals are mostly available in departing country. Due to last minute cancellation and reschedule

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Overthinker: 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2023
POE question
Me: Hello
IO: Hi
Me: hands in 3 passports
IO: who are they to you?
Me: my daughter, my son
IO: why are you here?
Me: to meet my wife?
IO: what is she doing here:
Me: she works and lives here
IO: scans passport and asks me to thumbprint, then daughter, then son but son is so tired due to the journey, another IO helps him with it.
IO: how long has your wife been here?
Me: X month
IO: what does she do?
Me: Xxxxxx work
IO: specifics
Me: Xxxxxxxxxxx
IO: what company?
Me: Xxxxxxxxxxxxx ltd
IO: where?
Me: Xxxxxxxxxxxx
IO: she lives where?
Me: xxxxxxxxx same city as work.
IO: show me her address
Me: let me write it out for you
IO: hands me the paper and pen
Me: writes our address
IO: shows the second IO our passports, they point and mumble some words and then faces me again
IO: keeps the paper
IO: what is her name
Me: Xxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx
IO: whips out the stamp and stamps us in…… you are free to go.
Me: replies as the JJC I am, through here? Pointing to the exit gate
IO: yes
Me: Have a great day

It was a long wait to re unite my family again, long wait to get the passports of my kids, long search for house while real estate agents and landlords makes different documentation requests, we got it done eventually, BRP picked up for me and the kids. I know the UK won’t be a stroll in the park, I keep looking everywhere and tell myself it will be worth it. One day I will open up about my life in Naija and how it was enviable but government policies never supported thriving SME rather they kill it with their ignorance, anyway I am here now and it’s time to write our own story………let’s go

18 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Datakey: 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2023
Good evening house.. Pls I did my biometrics on the 1st of August TLS Abuja and priority... Application is still at DMC and I'm just so worried..

Have tried all available card to send a paid mail and paid call, but non of the cards is going through. I just don't know what next to do.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by smartchick01: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2023
please who has had to contact UKVI due to no decision 15 days after escalation via paid mail

thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mofolam: 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2023
smartchick01:
please who has had to contact UKVI due to no decision 15 days after escalation via paid mail

thank you

Many people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.