Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,039 members, 7,821,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (849730 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Salientsinmi: 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2022
dee1504:

The answer to all your questions is YES. As long as you are focused on what you want, you can do anything.

As for your last question, you need to consider your work hours before taking other jobs cos if you're meant to be at a job within a particular time, whether there is work to do or not, you must be there. You also need to plan your schedule well to avoid overworking yourself.

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much for this response
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beautyfoch: 1:28pm On Mar 08, 2022
grin grin grin grin

Lmao @begin to feel dizzy grin grin
I am also on this table grin
Since NHS is a bit difficult to get, I think for me, care home setting would substitute.
Prosperity4All:

You talking of Care Homes setting.
But EnglandAmaka is referring to Live-in Carer .
MAID is an understatement; more like Houseboy self grin
Reading the roles of a Live-in Carer alone, I begin to feel dizzy.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by santos247(m): 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
dee1504:

The answer to all your questions is YES. As long as you are focused on what you want, you can do anything.

As for your last question, you need to consider your work hours before taking other jobs cos if you're meant to be at a job within a particular time, whether there is work to do or not, you must be there. You also need to plan your schedule well to avoid overworking yourself.

I hope this helps.

Please permit me to ask:
Are there pathways for a caregiver to transition into a full fledge professional nurse. Are there training opportunities within UK that alllow studying nursing while working as a caregiver. Most people moving from Nigeria are middle aged (25-40). Each person will have aspirations for career mobility. What options exist?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Prosperity4All: 8:36pm On Mar 08, 2022
beautyfoch:
grin grin grin grin
, I think for me, care home setting would substitute.
Yes ooo, for your mental stability
Care home is normal white collar job same as nursing
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Prosperity4All: 8:45pm On Mar 08, 2022
santos247:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Please permit me to ask:
Are there pathways for a caregiver to transition into a full fledge professional nurse. Are there training opportunities within UK that alllow studying nursing while working as a caregiver. Most people moving from Nigeria are middle aged (25-40). Each person will have aspirations for career mobility. What options exist?

Pathways are excess.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AllisonUK: 9:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
EnglandAmaka:

Funny you grin grin

I love old people too grin grin

Everyone will get old someday

grin
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AllisonUK: 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2022
Jaybadestboy:
But which do you guys prefer, domicliary, live in care or care home settings

Apart from needing some alone time to collect my thoughts, after heavy interaction with grandma, I would have loved live-in, so I can also avoid house rent, but I wish to bring family over later...so I'm really not sure that Oyinbo client will give us boys quarter. I even also read that you could be doing two weeks on and two weeks off. So what will happen to kids in that two weeks, idk....cos I feel hubby will not want to stay permanently.. that's just my personal matter sha. Your case might be better. You are a guy afterall.

For domiciliary....hmnnn..sounds like a lot of trouble. Driving or however, from place to place. And for the same range of peanuts...I no fit shout abeg.

The best I feel, is care home. If I can get the types that will permit negotiation, I hope to do our regular Nigerian eight hours, after all school na free. Plus, there are others to act as witnesses, incase of any kain skoin skoin

Just being open to options though.... otherwise, I still de apply for my physiology jobs oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jaybadestboy: 10:22pm On Mar 08, 2022
You make a very good point
AllisonUK:

Apart from needing some alone time to collect my thoughts, after heavy interaction with grandma, I would have loved live-in, so I can also avoid house rent, but I wish to bring family over later...so I'm really not sure that Oyinbo client will give us boys quarter. I even also read that you could be doing two weeks on and two weeks off. So what will happen to kids in that two weeks, idk....cos I feel hubby will not want to stay permanently.. that's just my personal matter sha. Your case might be better. You are a guy afterall.

For domiciliary....hmnnn..sounds like a lot of trouble. Driving or however, from place to place. And for the same range of peanuts...I no fit shout abeg.

The best I feel, is care home. If I can get the types that will permit negotiation, I hope to do our regular Nigerian eight hours, after all school na free. Plus, there are others to act as witnesses, incase of any kain skoin skoin

Just being open to options though.... otherwise, I still de apply for my physiology jobs oo
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mystycal001: 2:40am On Mar 09, 2022
[quote author=cyberknoz post=110553577][/quote] Hello boss, good day... please I sent you a mail and will like to speak with you privately, please kindly Check... Thanks in anticipation
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by TomatoSauce1: 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2022
LagosismyHome:

It not mandatory but a nice to have......

Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jaybadestboy: 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2022
Please, how long does it take to get offer letter. Its been 1 week
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Juxxi: 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
Good day people, I have gone through the thread lots of questions have been answered, please, for those who have gotten the jobs and it's tier 2 sponsored can I see a copy of the CV used ? I need it to structure my CV too so that I can start applying, I studied medical microbiology,but I took some courses on health care from Florence academy and I want to add that to my CV so that I can start applying, please can someone help me with it ?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Juxxi: 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2022
cyberknoz:
Visa alert...God did it by His MERCY

BIOMETRIC..10TH FEBRUARY
DMC..10TH
VAC...22ND FEBRUARY
VISA COLLECTION FROM DHL..24TH FEBRUARY
GOD BE PRAISED

Good day people, I have gone through the thread lots of questions have been answered, please, for those who have gotten the jobs and it's tier 2 sponsored can I see a copy of the CV used ? I need it to structure my CV too so that I can start applying, I studied medical microbiology,but I took some courses on health care from Florence academy and I want to add that to my CV so that I can start applying, please can someone help me with it ?

I'm planning on going through the health care visa , please can you help me? ....I will be glad if you respond
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Juxxi: 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2022
cyberknoz:

Oh alright..skilled worker visa, senior care support worker

Though my bsc degree is economics and statistics and I'm currently working in a bank.....

Please I want to start applying
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mystycal001: 6:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
Please can anyone who has gotten the Tier 2 sponsorship Visa as a Carer help out with his/her CV or CV template And I also want to ask if Naric will work for HND holders for the English proficiency?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 12:24am On Mar 10, 2022
Please guys, for this Tier 2 English Language requirements, which type of IELTS is preferred

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifesinachi22(m): 4:04am On Mar 10, 2022
Divinemercyy:

I am seriously hoping u clinch this. Keep professing positivities. Good luck

I regret to announce that it was not successful.

At this point I give up on Health and Care Visa.

I will follow students route. The goal is still the UK anyways. Just that i don't have enough money for Studies

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beautyfoch: 9:00am On Mar 10, 2022
Awww. It's quite saddening to hear that, but I am encouraging you NOT TO GIVE UP. Just one YES will make the whole difference.

This visa was launched just few weeks ago. There are lots of untapped opportunities waiting to be explored.
Do not relent in your search. All the best.
Ifesinachi22:

I will follow students route. The goal is still the UK anyways. Just that i don't have enough money for Studies

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Queengold1: 11:22am On Mar 10, 2022
Ifesinachi22:

I won’t advice you give up just yet, I know how draining it is to keep applying ho the stress� and the disappointment in getting all the no� I just read three messages with unfortunately this morning � but let me gas you up � People are getting jobs in Nigeria o. And as long as people are getting jobs it will reach our turn too. It too early to give up o this route was launched and opened to us on the 14th February. If you are outside the uk that is not up to a month trying for a route that gives you PR in 5 years ��� think about it,Looking for job generally is not a walk in the park anywhere. Just give yourself 4months of trying before throwing in the towel. BE ENCOURAGED

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Queengold1: 11:29am On Mar 10, 2022
Emurate1:
Please guys, for this Tier 2 English Language requirements, which type of IELTS is preferred
Ukvi academic is preferable
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Queengold1: 11:33am On Mar 10, 2022
Iwuese2022:
Hello guys, please why PTE over IELTS. Is it cheaper? Is it more recognized? Is it easier to pass? What are the benefits?
It’s cheaper, its easier and you get results faster just try to know how to go about answering the questions.
Benefit of English test is the reason you are writing it

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Iwuese2022: 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
Thank you so much. I’ve done my research and I think I’m going to do ielts ukvi academic. Please who wants to study together? Online tho. I am in Jos but will go to Abuja to write it in April
Queengold1:

It’s cheaper, its easier and you get results faster just try to know how to go about answering the questions.
Benefit of English test is the reason you are writing it
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by v24m(f): 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hi Everyone,

How do i go about paying for NARIC. I already have the necessary documents.

Can i pay from Nigeria through bank transfer.

Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifesinachi22(m): 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
Queengold1:
I won’t advice you give up just yet, I know how draining it is to keep applying ho the stress� and the disappointment in getting all the no� I just read three messages with unfortunately this morning � but let me gas you up � People are getting jobs in Nigeria o. And as long as people are getting jobs it will reach our turn too. It too early to give up o this route was launched and opened to us on the 14th February. If you are outside the uk that is not up to a month trying for a route that gives you PR in 5 years ��� think about it,Looking for job generally is not a walk in the park anywhere. Just give yourself 4months of trying before throwing in the towel. BE ENCOURAGED

It was an Interview.

I think that Laura girl intentionally was asking hard questions.

Give me an example of when you handled this, give me an example of how you handled this patient.

She won't ask you if you have encountered such patients or not. She assumed you have had such patients.

I know it's a sin in interviews to answer "I don't know", so, i was just cooking up on the spot stories.

To make matters worse, a girl called and my network ceased and refused to come back. They ended the video chat from their end. I called Laura and she said she's already attending to other candidates and can't go back to the video chat again that she will send all of us email in the evening.

I got an unsuccessful email yesterday around 4pm

The interview lasted for 31 minutes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AllisonUK: 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ifesinachi22:

It was an Interview.

I think that Laura girl intentionally was asking hard questions.

Give me an example of when you handled this, give me an example of how you handled this patient.

She won't ask you if you have encountered such patients or not. She assumed you have had such patients.

I know it's a sin in interviews to answer "I don't know", so, i was just cooking up on the spot stories.

To make matters worse, a girl called and my network ceased and refused to come back. They ended the video chat from their end. I called Laura and she said she's already attending to other candidates and can't go back to the video chat again that she will send all of us email in the evening.

I got an unsuccessful email yesterday around 4pm

The interview lasted for 31 minutes

Awww, sooo sorry. Interestingly, I was asking someone only yesterday about the appropriate "WiFi" to use for interviews. No Jupiter should have made you use a phone network or at least, you should have had a call barring app or something. Anyways, like others have said, don't give up. If you could clinch an interview, then you can do it again. Just push push. I wish you all the best and try to rehearse answers to possible care questions. They are all over the internet. Again, to be doubly thorough, answers to most scenario based questions are embedded in short care courses. You'll figure it out. If we get an easy interviewer, lucky us, but if we won't, we need to brace up. The competition has gotten stiff as it is, with more people becoming aware of this freebie and we might be way past the era of only mentioning the six C's. Ndo and cheer up, brother..

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Juxxi: 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ifesinachi22:

Can I see your CV please?

The one you used in applying and got you qualified for the job

So sorry about what happened but don't stop trying
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dramacox: 2:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
UKVI general is what you need for visa application.

Note:

IELTS for UKVI General Training
This test is for test takers wishing to migrate to the UK and for those wishing to train or study below degree level.

HCA required GSCE which is below degree.

Abeg no waste money

I have done mine and I scored band 6

Queengold1:

Ukvi academic is preferable

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifesinachi22(m): 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2022
AllisonUK:

Awww, sooo sorry. Interestingly, I was asking someone only yesterday about the appropriate "WiFi" to use for interviews. No Jupiter should have made you use a phone network or at least, you should have had a call barring app or something. Anyways, like others have said, don't give up. If you could clinch an interview, then you can do it again. Just push push. I wish you all the best and try to rehearse answers to possible care questions. They are all over the internet. Again, to be doubly thorough, answers to most scenario based questions are embedded in short care courses. You'll figure it out. If we get an easy interviewer, lucky us, but if we won't, we need to brace up. The competition has gotten stiff as it is, with more people becoming aware of this freebie and we might be way past the era of only mentioning the six C's. Ndo and cheer up, brother..

I watched many YouTube videos. Crammed many answers. But she asked different questions entirely.

That same yesterday i got an email about the right to work in the UK. When i clearly stated that I need sponsorship to work in the UK. And I'm a Nigerian in Nigeria

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dramacox: 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
Use this code when next on interview *21*17010# activate call forwarding
#21# to deactivate.

I did 6 interviews and was not successful but the 7th changed the story for good. Keep trying, also watch "Richard McMunn" videos on youtube, they are very helpful, you can even send messages. Best of Luck

Ifesinachi22:

8 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dramacox: 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hello everyone,

My employer is requesting me to equivalent my SSCE to UK GSCE @https://www.enic.org.uk/ getting an SSCE transcript is my headache now. please did anyone experience this?

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifesinachi22(m): 3:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
dramacox:
Use this code when next on interview *21*17010# activate call forwarding
#21# to deactivate.

I did 6 interviews and was not successful but the 7th changed the story for good. Keep trying, also watch "Richard McMunn" videos on youtube, they are very helpful, you can even send messages. Best of Luck

You really motivated me bro. Thanks.

I watched almost all Richard McMunn videos the night before the interview, in fact i didn't sleep till after 4 in the morning. But all those Richard McMunn's, introduce yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses, your skills etc didn't come out at all.

The girl went straight to clinical scenarios. Though I'm a health worker, I've not encountered almost all of those scenarios she asked.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifesinachi22(m): 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
dramacox:
Hello everyone,

My employer is requesting me to equivalent my SSCE to UK GSCE @https://www.enic.org.uk/ getting an SSCE transcript is my headache now. please did anyone experience this?

Go to WAEC or NECO Headquarters in your state and get the Transcript from them.

Secondary Schools don't give Transcripts. In fact most Principals don't know what it is

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.