Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (859393 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (608) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dramacox: 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
Take your time to study the job description very well. In fact, memorize it and also match your skills and qualities with the job description.

Ifesinachi22:

You really motivated me bro. Thanks.

I watched almost all Richard McMunn videos the night before the interview, in fact i didn't sleep till after 4 in the morning. But all those Richard McMunn's, introduce yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses, your skills etc didn't come out at all.

The girl went straight to clinical scenarios. Though I'm a health worker, I've not encountered almost all of those scenarios she asked.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Momnee: 3:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
Jaybadestboy:
Use this one https://uktiersponsors.co.uk
All the care homes with sponsorship are here. The trick is to apply to the ones that just got thier licence not too long (2022). Chances of getting a job with them is higher. With that trick I've got 3 interviews

Please my question is does it necessarily have to be care homes coz I can see range of other jobs listed aside social work, then how do I submit my cv, can’t find any link to their website on the list. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by iyatrustee(f): 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2022
dramacox:
Hello everyone,

My employer is requesting me to equivalent my SSCE to UK GSCE @https://www.enic.org.uk/ getting an SSCE transcript is my headache now. please did anyone experience this?

Upload your Waec /Neco result onto Enic website. Include a result checking scratch card and your exam number details for them to log into the exam body's website to check.
Once it talies with the certificate, they will issue your statement of comparability.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ifesinachi22:

It was an Interview.

I think that Laura girl intentionally was asking hard questions.

Give me an example of when you handled this, give me an example of how you handled this patient.

She won't ask you if you have encountered such patients or not. She assumed you have had such patients.

I know it's a sin in interviews to answer "I don't know", so, i was just cooking up on the spot stories.

To make matters worse, a girl called and my network ceased and refused to come back. They ended the video chat from their end. I called Laura and she said she's already attending to other candidates and can't go back to the video chat again that she will send all of us email in the evening.

I got an unsuccessful email yesterday around 4pm

The interview lasted for 31 minutes

I don't think she was intentionally asking 'hard' questions. In the last interview I attended, she kept on bringing scenarios, some I had encountered, and coincidentally, some I came across while I was preparing for the interview.

They do it to be sure you know how to handle such situations should it arise.

As for network issues, omo it's best if you use wi-fi and put your phone on DND
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AllisonUK: 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ifesinachi22:

I watched many YouTube videos. Crammed many answers. But she asked different questions entirely.

That same yesterday i got an email about the right to work in the UK. When i clearly stated that I need sponsorship to work in the UK. And I'm a Nigerian in Nigeria

Lemme just say it then: NHS people are somehow. Seems like they wanted to shake you off by every means, only after discovering that they sent you an invite and never took cognizance of the fact that you are outside the UK. But not to worry, something will give. Just keep moving.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifesinachi22(m): 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
Kaylaonah:

I don't think she was intentionally asking 'hard' questions. In the last interview I attended, she kept on bringing scenarios, some I had encountered, and coincidentally, some I came across while I was preparing for the interview.

They do it to be sure you know how to handle such situations should it arise.

As for network issues, omo it's best if you use wi-fi and put your phone on DND

You won't believe it. That same position i was interviewed for is already back on the NHS website. They put it back this morning with an April 3rd deadline. With another manager Rebecca not Laura again.

I will still apply.

7 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifesinachi22(m): 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
AllisonUK:

Lemme just say it then: NHS people are somehow. Seems like they wanted to shake you off by every means, only after discovering that they sent you an invite and never took cognizance of the fact that you are outside the UK. But not to worry, something will give. Just keep moving.

You know this all these while and refused to tell me
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Iwuese2022: 5:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
Wow that is really surprising. Can you give a an example of a question/ scenario she asked about?
Ifesinachi22:

You really motivated me bro. Thanks.

I watched almost all Richard McMunn videos the night before the interview, in fact i didn't sleep till after 4 in the morning. But all those Richard McMunn's, introduce yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses, your skills etc didn't come out at all.

The girl went straight to clinical scenarios. Though I'm a health worker, I've not encountered almost all of those scenarios she asked.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AllisonUK: 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ifesinachi22:

Even fellow Brits confirm that it is can be difficult to enter the NHS, but that is not to say that applicants that are formidable, beyond reasonable doubt, don't get in. I feel you will break them the next time you encounter them, if you choose to apply to them again. This is just part of the larger picture. Wait for it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AllisonUK: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ifesinachi22:

Infact, furtherance to this, everyone should be on the lookout for key words like experienced care assistant and what not...
Because if they said no experience is needed, then you should prep to answer questions like why you want to be a carer.
But if you venture see experience within care setting or any shade of experience at all, my people, abeg endeavour to tie your wrapper strong for that interview. I read on another forum of this kain tin and I'm not finding it funny again, because I'm still in naija ooo

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Richdee1(m): 9:04pm On Mar 10, 2022
Please why is no one answering, if it's possible please help us drop format of CV for the care Work we are all applying for

Abeg ehn
Biko please
You can take out important words and help us with it, make we fill in

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by emike92: 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2022
Visa Alert (Skilled Worker)

Visa Application - 15th February
Biometric- 18th February
Application sent to DMC - 18th February
Application sent to VAC - 3rd March
Visa Collected - 4th March.

I know most people here are on the Health abs Care worker path so I’m writing this to also assist those on the skilled worker Tier 2 path.

Step 1: Finding and Getting a Job
First thing (and most important is looking for a job that matches your work experience. I work in the finance sector so I applied to just about every consulting/ Big 4/ Finance company that had openings that matched my skill level. It’s important that when you read the JB, your CV can back it up. Most companies do key word searches to sort through all the CV’s they receive. So if you are an engineer go through the career page for Shell, Rolls Royce, if you are in IT…the world is your oyster. I sent out about 36 applications. Multiple within the same organization.
From there it moved to the interview stage. Practice as much as you can. Not just to know what to say but to feel comfortable enough to let the conversation flow. Also if you are sent the name of the interviewer ahead of time…do a little stalking. LinkedIn even Instagram. You might just find something you have in common.
I had 2 interviews (a month apart) before I received my offer about a month after the 2nd interview.

Step 2: COS
After I accepted my offer, my company had to perform a background check. This took about a month to complete (mainly because of the Christmas break). After that they moved on to the COS. My job needed a copy of my TB certificate to begin and that took a while but once I sent it in it took less than 2 weeks for my COS to be issued to me. I didn’t need to make any payment for this.

Step 3: Visa application.
There are enough posts that detail the requirements but I’ll just like your the documents I submitted.
Completed visa application, copy of COS, copy of University degree (schooled abroad), copy of passport data page and all previous UK visas and immigration stamps for the past 10 years, job offer letter) (I didn’t to show proof of funds)

I hope this was helpful to someone.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dacutebaby: 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
emike92:

Biometric- 18th February

I know most people here are on the Health abs Care worker path so I’m writing this to also assist those on the skilled worker Tier 2 path.

First thing (and most important is looking for a job that matches your work experience. I work in the finance sector so I applied to just about every consulting/ Big 4/ Finance company that had openings that matched my skill level. It’s important that when you read the JB, your CV can back it up. Most companies do key word searches to sort through all the CV’s they receive. So if you are an engineer go through the career page for Shell, Rolls Royce, if you are in IT…the world is your oyster. I sent out about 36 applications. Multiple within the same organization.
From there it moved to the interview stage. Practice as much as you can. Not just to know what to say but to feel comfortable enough to let the conversation flow. Also if you are sent the name of the interviewer ahead of time…do a little stalking. LinkedIn even Instagram. You might just find something you have in common.
I had 2 interviews (a month apart) before I received my offer about a month after the 2nd interview.

After I accepted my offer, my company had to perform a background check. This took about a month to complete (mainly because of the Christmas break). After that they moved on to the COS. My job needed a copy of my TB certificate to begin and that took a while but once I sent it in it took less than 2 weeks for my COS to be issued to me. I didn’t need to make any payment for this.

There are enough posts that detail the requirements but I’ll just like your the documents I submitted.
Completed visa application, copy of COS, copy of University degree (schooled abroad), copy of passport data page and all previous UK visas and immigration stamps for the past 10 years, job offer letter) (I didn’t to show proof of funds)

Congratulations!!!! Happy for you.
Please did you use any particular website(s) for your job search.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MegaChristy: 10:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
I can only imagine how you must be feeling. Please don't relent. You must be really good to secure yourself an interview. Please put in more effort. Success my just be on the way. The questions she asked you are scenario based questions. It's good to learn from that experience going forward. I wish you all the best.

Ifesinachi22:

It was an Interview.

Give me an example of when you handled this, give me an example of how you handled this patient.

She won't ask you if you have encountered such patients or not. She assumed you have had such patients.

I know it's a sin in interviews to answer "I don't know", so, i was just cooking up on the spot stories.

To make matters worse, a girl called and my network ceased and refused to come back. They ended the video chat from their end. I called Laura and she said she's already attending to other candidates and can't go back to the video chat again that she will send all of us email in the evening.

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MegaChristy: 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2022
Congratulations sir. Thanks for the tips.

emike92:

Biometric- 18th February

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 12:15am On Mar 11, 2022
Thank you Chief
dramacox:
UKVI general is what you need for visa application.

Note:

IELTS for UKVI General Training
This test is for test takers wishing to migrate to the UK and for those wishing to train or study below degree level.

HCA required GSCE which is below degree.

Abeg no waste money

I have done mine and I scored band 6

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 12:19am On Mar 11, 2022
Please can you post he link?
Ifesinachi22:

You won't believe it. That same position i was interviewed for is already back on the NHS website. They put it back this morning with an April 3rd deadline. With another manager Rebecca not Laura again.

I will still apply.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 12:20am On Mar 11, 2022
Please can you post the link?
Ifesinachi22:

I will still apply.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by santos247(m): 12:44am On Mar 11, 2022
Would you mind sharing some here? Thank you in anticipation.

Prosperity4All:

Pathways are excess.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Conner44: 12:48am On Mar 11, 2022
WAHALA ALERT!

three people who came into the uk with this visa from zimbabwe have caused trouble for africans.

The agency gave them accomodation and sponsorship but after working for just 1 week they didnt show up at work the following week and after calling their phones and sending messages without an answer their employers went to check on them only to find out they had dissapeared. Now they are contemplating taking the issue further by requesting to exempt africans from acquiring visas via this care route.

this happened this week somewhere in the stoke area. So if you are planning to japa using this route youd better hurry before nigerians perform their own magic too and put the final nail in the coffin.

good luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bola01234: 7:13am On Mar 11, 2022
beautyfoch:
Awww. It's quite saddening to hear that, but I am encouraging you NOT TO GIVE UP. Just one YES will make the whole difference.

This visa was launched just few weeks ago. There are lots of untapped opportunities waiting to be explored.
Do not relent in your search. All the best.

You so right
Just that I don't want to write any exam I should have gone for it..
I have invested alot of it..I follow the all the ladies on YouTube..
My dear keep Trying ..
A
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bola01234: 7:15am On Mar 11, 2022
Conner44:
WAHALA ALERT!

three people who came into the uk with this visa from zimbabwe have caused trouble for africans.

The agency gave them accomodation and sponsorship but after working for just 1 week they didnt show up at work the following week and after calling their phones and sending messages without an answer their employers went to check on them only to find out they had dissapeared. Now they are contemplating taking the issue further by requesting to exempt africans from acquiring visas via this care route.

this happened this week somewhere in the stoke area. So if you are planning to japa using this route youd better hurry before nigerians perform their own magic too and put the final nail in the coffin.

good luck

Imagine this rubbish...
Those goat...
I trust Nigerians..they would work and get pay.
Those ones are lazy
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 7:39am On Mar 11, 2022
Ifesinachi22:

It was an Interview.

1. Well, before you give up, this is a picture of my dashboard before I got my job. So, I'll just encourage you to keep pushing.

2. I have said it before on this page that NHS and other care home are looking for people with EXPERIENCE, that is why they keep bringing up scenarios. If you don't have the requisite experience, you can just forget about getting the job. Mine was a Band 6 job so you can imagine how tricky and technical the questions were but I scaled through. After I got the job, that's when they even asked if I had a B.Sc. This is your cue to find hospitals and care homes to get your experience from or better still learn a lot from other people's experience. Hopefully, something good comes soon. Bonus tip: These guys conducting the interviews have YEARS of experience on the job and in interviewing people so they can smell a lie in your statements easily.

3. I once spoke against using your phone or phone's network to do an interview on this thread but people kept bring up evidences against what I said. I hope it is clear now. If you cannot use the DND feature on your phone, please get a new SIM card or buy a modem for internet connectivity and ensure that your call lines are deactivated before any interview. 1 hour of switching of your lines will not kill you. And please, ALWAYS USE A LAPTOP WITH A GOOD WEBCAM FOR INTERVIEWS. Not only is it convenient, it says a lot about your PROFESSIONALISM.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bola01234: 8:06am On Mar 11, 2022
emike92:

Biometric- 18th February

Thanks for the insight
so that means there are other jobs on shortage ..just for one to search for it ..

Am telling u
And that's the next thing to so right now.. applied for your own job
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bola01234: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2022
dramacox:
UKVI general is what you need for visa application.

Note:

IELTS for UKVI General Training
This test is for test takers wishing to migrate to the UK and for those wishing to train or study below degree level.

HCA required GSCE which is below degree.

Abeg no waste money

I have done mine and I scored band 6

PLS i would like to ask question on the exams pls
i sent a mail to you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 11:41am On Mar 11, 2022
emike92:

Biometric- 18th February

Congratulations to you, Emike92.cheesy
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Juxxi: 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2022
emike92:

Biometric- 18th February

Can I see your CV please, I need to use it to correct mine...here is my email attached in case you don't want to post it publicly

famoduebunoluwa@gmail.com
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Juxxi: 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2022
Is anyone who has gotten the job willing to share their CV, I need it as a guide to write mine

Attached is my mail in case no one wants to post it publicly

famoduebunoluwa@gmail.com

Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (608) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.