Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (859769 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (608) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by meetme01: 3:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
luckygeee:
Hello famz. I got an offer from an home care company. They already have their license but said they are waiting for COS allocation. They gave me a training link to take some free but mandatory training course which I have started taking. My concern is does every home care have to wait for allocation from UKVI even after securing the license? I haven't received an official offer letter yet but just told I have been offered employment and should do the training.

Continue the training. Don't doubt the authenticity. At least you didn't pay. Just be positive and be hopeful everything will be fine. At the end, it's a win-win situation.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
luckygeee:
Hello famz. I got an offer from an home care company. They already have their license but said they are waiting for COS allocation. They gave me a training link to take some free but mandatory training course which I have started taking. My concern is does every home care have to wait for allocation from UKVI even after securing the license? I haven't received an official offer letter yet but just told I have been offered employment and should do the training.
Kindly share the name of the Care home for other to benefit
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Sophiola(f): 3:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
@Hwy9 do you think you can enlighten me more about how your LinkedIn worked out for you thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Sophiola(f): 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2022
meetme01:

Thanks for this detailed information for Social Workers.

I am a registered social worker here in Nigeria as well. I have been trying to go get registered. With this, I'd start the process.

Please, along the line, I'd need certain information from you.

Also, now that you're a registered social worker in the UK, how so you go about getting a job?

Go to NHS websites, Indeed , Track Jobs and others. Search for employers that offer visa sponsorships for social worker and apply

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Sophiola(f): 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
dee1504:

Uzland,

Thank you very much for this piece of information. This is so insightful. However, if you can help find out from Sophiat what her University degree was and how many years of work experience she has as a Social Worker, it will help in clearing some doubts

The university of Ilorin offers degree in Social work, its a 4year course and I believe your Siwes and maybe a year or 2year experience will suffice. Referees are very important too always keep in touch with them
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Sophiola(f): 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hwy9:

It's an accounting related job. I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. I was scheduled for 2 interviews in succession and was offered employment.

Pretty straightforward!

Do you mind if we move this to email or WhatsApp I really need to land a job, and probably make corrections where necessary
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by aminlove(m): 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hi guys, please I wanna confirm if COVID Vaccine is compulsory or just COVID test (72 hours before flight) is enough?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cyberknoz(m): 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
aminlove:
Hi guys, please I wanna confirm if COVID Vaccine is compulsory or just COVID test (72 hours before flight) is enough?

Convid test 72hours is enough...and make sure to fill the passenger locator form on ukvi website.....best wishes
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cyberknoz(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hello everyone...sorry I have not replied everything just got busy somehow ......apologies once again and glad to see everyone is getting along well as most of the questions have been answered on the page.....it's been good will try to keep up and respond as often as I can....we will all get there......that Zimbabwe story make i read for there shock me I must confess...haba.....lord please this people should not spoil moves for Nigerians....God will help us in our pursuit as HIS mercy will not AND NEVER depart from us.....Amen

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2022
Please have they asked you for English Language certificate? IELTS/NARIC
luckygeee:
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by luckygeee: 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
Emurate1:
Please have they asked you for English Language certificate? IELTS/NARIC

They haven't requested for it but told me I will need it and hope I can get it.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by aminlove(m): 6:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
cyberknoz:

Convid test 72hours is enough...and make sure to fill the passenger locator form on ukvi website.....best wishes

Thank you so much.

Please does that mean that I will book for a vaccine on arriving in UK?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jaysleeves(m): 6:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
luckygeee:
Congratulations please what did you study and do you have any prior experience on the job ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Hwy9: 6:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
Salientsinmi:

Hello,

I hope you are now settled in the UK. I am an accountant too with certification and 2 years experience. I want to ask, were you contacted while you were here in Nigeria or you were already in the UK. if you don't mind, can I send you a mail?

From Nigeria
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 8:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Raechelle:
Hello guys, I just got an invite for an interview. Going through the mail they planned on a physical interview and of course that is not possible for me. I have emailed them to request for a virtual interview but they are yet to get back to me. My Issue is that I didn't book the Interview on my trac jobs before replying the mail. Should I Book the interview on trac or wait for a response from them?

Congratulations.

Book your interview date and time. They will respond with MS Teams link and your interview will most likely be on the same date and time you selected.

Wishing you success in your interview.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 8:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
Mrak2Agho:
Nice thread, first time commenting I study in the UK please I want to ask I heard is possible to change your tier2 study visa to a work permit, please how true is this...

Once you get a job, you will be issued a CoS that you will use to convert your visa from Tier 4 Study Visa to Tier 2 Work visa.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 8:28pm On Mar 12, 2022
Sophiola:

The university of Ilorin offers degree in Social work, its a 4year course and I believe your Siwes and maybe a year or 2year experience will suffice. Referees are very important too always keep in touch with them

Great. Thank you for the enlightenment. Good to have you here.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Slimgold2019: 3:45am On Mar 13, 2022
Please,I am interested too
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Slimgold2019: 7:10am On Mar 13, 2022
joyivro:
Good afternoon please how do I get an international drivers license.
Call:08169181562

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by efilefun(m): 7:32am On Mar 13, 2022
luckygeee:

They haven't requested for it but told me I will need it and hope I can get it.
IELTS/NARIC is only needed for VISA not necessarily for the job
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bola01234: 8:56am On Mar 13, 2022
luckygeee:

Pls can you give us the training link.
God bless u
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by luckygeee: 9:33am On Mar 13, 2022
bola01234:

Pls can you give us the training link.
God bless u

It's the company's training portal. They gave me my customized username and password. There is also no sign up option.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 9:34am On Mar 13, 2022
luckygeee:

Congratulations on the job offer and yes, every home has a yearly allocation which expires after that year. They are given a limited amount of cos to give to overseas applicants which is why majority of homes are looking for UK based applicants.

Please could you share the home you applied with?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jaybadestboy: 10:51am On Mar 13, 2022
I'm in the same situation, almost two weeks no offer letter, slow response

luckygeee:
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Brainpower365: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2022
I am in the same situation. I have even called them severally to know the process of things.
Jaybadestboy:

I'm in the same situation, almost two weeks no offer letter, slow response

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jaybadestboy: 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2022
What was thier response?
Brainpower365:
I am in the same situation. I have even called them severally to know the process of things.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CeeCyrils: 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
Please can someone confirm that IELTS UKVI test must be computer delivered? I just got this information this afternoon. I have been practicing with and for the paper delivered test. Do the tests have same structure?

Someone please help a sister. I intend writing the test next month.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Gratefulme: 3:42pm On Mar 13, 2022
emike92:
Visa Alert (Skilled Worker)

Visa Application - 15th February
Biometric- 18th February
Application sent to DMC - 18th February
Application sent to VAC - 3rd March
Visa Collected - 4th March.

I know most people here are on the Health abs Care worker path so I’m writing this to also assist those on the skilled worker Tier 2 path.
Happy Sunday sir. Congrats on your achievement. Please I sent u a DM
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by beautyfoch: 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2022
You have an option to choose either PAPER based or COMPUTER based.
CeeCyrils:
Please can someone confirm that IELTS UKVI test must be computer delivered? I just got this information this afternoon. I have been practicing with and for the paper delivered test. Do the tests have same structure?

Someone please help a sister. I intend writing the test next month.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Brainpower365: 4:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
They promise getting back o in which I am watching.
Jaybadestboy:

What was thier response?

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (608) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: wondychiqe, Elderss and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.