Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (845833 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (606) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by sharpsharp: 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2022
emike92:
Visa Alert (Skilled Worker)

Visa Application - 15th February
Biometric- 18th February
Application sent to DMC - 18th February
Application sent to VAC - 3rd March
Visa Collected - 4th March.

I know most people here are on the Health abs Care worker path so I’m writing this to also assist those on the skilled worker Tier 2 path.

Step 1: Finding and Getting a Job
First thing (and most important is looking for a job that matches your work experience. I work in the finance sector so I applied to just about every consulting/ Big 4/ Finance company that had openings that matched my skill level. It’s important that when you read the JB, your CV can back it up. Most companies do key word searches to sort through all the CV’s they receive. So if you are an engineer go through the career page for Shell, Rolls Royce, if you are in IT…the world is your oyster. I sent out about 36 applications. Multiple within the same organization.
From there it moved to the interview stage. Practice as much as you can. Not just to know what to say but to feel comfortable enough to let the conversation flow. Also if you are sent the name of the interviewer ahead of time…do a little stalking. LinkedIn even Instagram. You might just find something you have in common.
I had 2 interviews (a month apart) before I received my offer about a month after the 2nd interview.

Step 2: COS
After I accepted my offer, my company had to perform a background check. This took about a month to complete (mainly because of the Christmas break). After that they moved on to the COS. My job needed a copy of my TB certificate to begin and that took a while but once I sent it in it took less than 2 weeks for my COS to be issued to me. I didn’t need to make any payment for this.

Step 3: Visa application.
There are enough posts that detail the requirements but I’ll just like your the documents I submitted.
Completed visa application, copy of COS, copy of University degree (schooled abroad), copy of passport data page and all previous UK visas and immigration stamps for the past 10 years, job offer letter) (I didn’t to show proof of funds)

I hope this was helpful to someone.

Congratulations!!! You didn't show proof of funds as you mentioned. i will like to know if the company ticked the financial commitment section on your COS and if the company paid for your health surcharge or you paid by yourself?

I will love to contact you via email for more info. Thanks..
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DeeOneBangin: 2:04pm On Mar 11, 2022
For everyone asking for cv sample, go to indeed and use their template to create your cv and save the pdf on your phone or your computer. It’s as simple as that.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bola01234: 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
Juxxi:

Can I see your CV please, I need to use it to correct mine...here is my email attached in case you don't want to post it publicly

famoduebunoluwa@gmail.com

U still don't get it..
Use your normal work life to apply for.your line of job
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bola01234: 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2022
sharpsharp:

Congratulations!!! You didn't show proof of funds as you mentioned. i will like to know if the company ticked the financial commitment section on your COS and if the company paid for your health surcharge or you paid by yourself?

This is a nice question
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ok12345(f): 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2022
I must go to UK this year oo

5 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bola01234: 6:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
emike92:

Biometric- 18th February

I know most people here are on the Health abs Care worker path so I’m writing this to also assist those on the skilled worker Tier 2 path.

First thing (and most important is looking for a job that matches your work experience. I work in the finance sector so I applied to just about every consulting/ Big 4/ Finance company that had openings that matched my skill level. It’s important that when you read the JB, your CV can back it up. Most companies do key word searches to sort through all the CV’s they receive. So if you are an engineer go through the career page for Shell, Rolls Royce, if you are in IT…the world is your oyster. I sent out about 36 applications. Multiple within the same organization.
From there it moved to the interview stage. Practice as much as you can. Not just to know what to say but to feel comfortable enough to let the conversation flow. Also if you are sent the name of the interviewer ahead of time…do a little stalking. LinkedIn even Instagram. You might just find something you have in common.
I had 2 interviews (a month apart) before I received my offer about a month after the 2nd interview.

After I accepted my offer, my company had to perform a background check. This took about a month to complete (mainly because of the Christmas break). After that they moved on to the COS. My job needed a copy of my TB certificate to begin and that took a while but once I sent it in it took less than 2 weeks for my COS to be issued to me. I didn’t need to make any payment for this.

There are enough posts that detail the requirements but I’ll just like your the documents I submitted.
Completed visa application, copy of COS, copy of University degree (schooled abroad), copy of passport data page and all previous UK visas and immigration stamps for the past 10 years, job offer letter) (I didn’t to show proof of funds)

I read your post and also study it.
I found out that I can also get to work under the skilled worker visa..I have seen my code

I think next is to filled up a cv and find jobs..

Can I get more insight

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2022
Please guys, concerning ECCTIs/NARIC. I have a transcript, but it isn't an official copy. There's no stamp or signature on it. Will it be accepted?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifesinachi22(m): 9:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
dee1504:

1. Well, before you give up, this is a picture of my dashboard before I got my job. So, I'll just encourage you to keep pushing.

2. I have said it before on this page that NHS and other care home are looking for people with EXPERIENCE, that is why they keep bringing up scenarios. If you don't have the requisite experience, you can just forget about getting the job. Mine was a Band 6 job so you can imagine how tricky and technical the questions were but I scaled through. After I got the job, that's when they even asked if I had a B.Sc. This is your cue to find hospitals and care homes to get your experience from or better still learn a lot from other people's experience. Hopefully, something good comes soon. Bonus tip: These guys conducting the interviews have YEARS of experience on the job and in interviewing people so they can smell a lie in your statements easily.

3. I once spoke against using your phone or phone's network to do an interview on this thread but people kept bring up evidences against what I said. I hope it is clear now. If you cannot use the DND feature on your phone, please get a new SIM card or buy a modem for internet connectivity and ensure that your call lines are deactivated before any interview. 1 hour of switching of your lines will not kill you. And please, ALWAYS USE A LAPTOP WITH A GOOD WEBCAM FOR INTERVIEWS. Not only is it convenient, it says a lot about your PROFESSIONALISM.

Unfortunately for me, i was actually the person that brought the evidence against what you said about using phone for the interview. I sent the screenshot that day.

You and AllisonUK are two young ladies that actually motive me to work even harder than I'm presently doing.

Your getting a Band 6 job means you will build a duplex in Mombasa by December if you don't already own one. A guaranteed future for your generation.

I will work even harder. I really appreciate

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ifesinachi22(m): 9:28pm On Mar 11, 2022
MegaChristy:
I can only imagine how you must be feeling. Please don't relent. You must be really good to secure yourself an interview. Please put in more effort. Success my just be on the way. The questions she asked you are scenario based questions. It's good to learn from that experience going forward. I wish you all the best.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate.

I've started applying again
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by emike92: 9:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
sharpsharp:

Yes, my company ticked the financial commitment section on the COS but I paid all visa fees, including the surcharge by myself.

I know there are companies that pay the visa fees for applicants or even provide the money for the fees as a loan to be payed back with no interest (all depends on how the company manages it)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by bola01234: 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2022
emike92:

Yes, my company ticked the financial commitment section on the COS but I paid all visa fees, including the surcharge by myself.

I know there are companies that pay the visa fees for applicants or even provide the money for the fees as a loan to be payed back with no interest (all depends on how the company manages it)

Nice
Thanks for your write up..
It's better to look at your profession
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by fabolousneyo: 10:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
dee1504:

1. Well, before you give up, this is a picture of my dashboard before I got my job. So, I'll just encourage you to keep pushing.

2. I have said it before on this page that NHS and other care home are looking for people with EXPERIENCE, that is why they keep bringing up scenarios. If you don't have the requisite experience, you can just forget about getting the job. Mine was a Band 6 job so you can imagine how tricky and technical the questions were but I scaled through. After I got the job, that's when they even asked if I had a B.Sc. This is your cue to find hospitals and care homes to get your experience from or better still learn a lot from other people's experience. Hopefully, something good comes soon. Bonus tip: These guys conducting the interviews have YEARS of experience on the job and in interviewing people so they can smell a lie in your statements easily.

3. I once spoke against using your phone or phone's network to do an interview on this thread but people kept bring up evidences against what I said. I hope it is clear now. If you cannot use the DND feature on your phone, please get a new SIM card or buy a modem for internet connectivity and ensure that your call lines are deactivated before any interview. 1 hour of switching of your lines will not kill you. And please, ALWAYS USE A LAPTOP WITH A GOOD WEBCAM FOR INTERVIEWS. Not only is it convenient, it says a lot about your PROFESSIONALISM.

Hello Dee1504
Please How long did you get response after your interview, I applied for a position related to my field of work (Health Records) I have been working with a teaching hospital here in naija and I have (11)Eleven years work experience on the job , after the interview I was told the job working hours and other information about the routine of the job with the NHs hospital and asked if I was ok with it in which I said Yes on that day, I had the interview Feb 23rd but am yet to get feedback on if successful or not ,I sent an email to them yesterday March 10 but till now still no response from them and the timeline on trac still same , please any clue on could be going on , although I have been shortlisted for interview again by another nhs employer but that this other one requested me to come in person for the interview on Monday 14th in which I called the recruiter and I was told to send a mail for change of interview to be taken online but yet to get feedback too..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 12:19am On Mar 12, 2022
Ifesinachi22:

Unfortunately for me, i was actually the person that brought the evidence against what you said about using phone for the interview. I sent the screenshot that day.

You and AllisonUK are two young ladies that actually motive me to work even harder than I'm presently doing.

Your getting a Band 6 job means you will build a duplex in Mombasa by December if you don't already own one. A guaranteed future for your generation.

I will work even harder. I really appreciate

You're welcome. It's good to see that you're taking the positives from this situation. Hopefully, a better offer comes soonest.

No house for now o. I'm still trying to balance my feet here. House can wait. Thank you for the kind words.

I'm a guy, by the way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 6:14am On Mar 12, 2022
Please which one do I choose when registering for ECCITS/NARIC? Is it Health and Care or Skilled worker?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by MabraO: 8:01am On Mar 12, 2022
Hi guys
I have read the all the pages on this bread noticed that some import questions are not answered maybe they are deliberately skipped don’t know.
But I want to ask is is it only health care professionals that qualify for this health and care giver visa?
My brother and sis has registered via an agency but they don’t have experience.they present trying to get the care certificate from Alison. Bro is a sociology and anthropology graduate who is waiting nysc and sis is an OTM graduate presently serving. Really want to bring them to the uk but study visa is too much for me for now for both of them.
Someone please enlighten me.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jiigga: 8:11am On Mar 12, 2022
@emike92..
good day,
i hope you get to read this sir.. or if anyone would respond, please ,

only a few questions, if thats ok?.. thanks..

so i graduated with a medical-school degree overseas, im asking, for the u.k skilled worker visa application,
1, do you think i need to sit for the IELTS ? .. OR..
2, do i EVEN need to send my medical degree on the Ecctis website for evaluation ? and that will be enough to prove i already studied a major course overseas in english language .. ?

SIDE-NOTE.. ...
i also have a proof from the university i attended, saying that all my medical studies was conducted in english language.. so, lets say i evaluate my medical degree/diploma on the Ecctis website, will it suffice? or will they STILL need that IELTS exam proof before granting me that visa...?

cos on the website gov.uk, .. it says a lot of things , .. proof of knowledge of english , .. then it also says your UK PhD certificate, or your unique Ecctis reference number (formerly unique UK NARIC reference number) if your qualification is from outside the UK - you’ll need to apply through Ecctis . . . ( But i guess thats ONLY for the PHD HOLDERS right sir ??)

it also says,
If you’re a doctor, dentist, nurse, midwife or vet
You DO NOT need to prove your knowledge of English if you’ve already passed an English Language assessment that is accepted by the relevant regulated professional body.
If you’re a vet, you may need to prove that you passed an English Language assessment with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.

im not sure what to make of this, please if you may respond, it will be appreciated .... let me know where i stand ..
i thank you kindly sir..
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 8:31am On Mar 12, 2022
✅BECOMING A REGISTERED SOCIAL WORKER IN THE UK: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW by Sophiat Damola Omidiwura & Logan.

Social work is a regulated profession. This means that to be able to practise as a social worker in the UK, individuals must be registered with Social Work England (SWE) -- not HCPC. Once registered, all social workers are listed on the Social Work England public register.

To register with Social Work England, you need the following:

1. An approved degree or diploma or postgraduate programme in social work
2. English proficiency test (IELTS) where band score for each part of the test must not be less than 6.5 with an overall band score of 7
3. A C.V: You will need to show that you have an understanding of social work and experience of working with clients. This can be from paid or voluntary work.
4. Academic Transcript
5. Proof of identity: Certified copy of your Passport
6. Proof of address such as bank statement or light bill
7. SWE Course information form completed and certified by your university

Once you have all these documents ready, certify them as they should and submit ONLINE. Yes, application is done online. You do not have to post them. So make sure you submit everything they ask of you the first time

The international application route exists for applicants that have completed professional training outside of the UK. As someone who meets this criteria, you may be thinking about how to apply via the international route or where to access the international application forms. So this is where Sophia comes in.

Sophiat Damola Omidiwura is a SWE registered social worker who studied in Nigeria. She shares her story whilst providing insight into the SWE international application process and offering helpful tips and advice for anyone considering applying for SWE registration via this route.

▫️How I embarked on my international application for SWE registration

Hello guys I've just been registered with Social Work England and it wasn't really easy -- these guys are really thorough with their scrutiny.

I got to know about SWE from a friend last year and first thing I did was to Google them up to get their requirements as an international applicant. So it led me to their Website (www.socialworkengland.org.uk)

I read through it and realized I had to do IELTS to prove my knowledge of English, it is not applicable to everyone but none of the other options is applicable to me so I chose IELTS (academic) where its requires that each band is nothing less than 6.5 and an overall band 7.

After practicing and writing my IELTS I passed with overall 7.5 but I had 6.5 in my writing section such a narrow escape for me.

I must emphasise that it's important that you go through the website before applying. Some of the requirements are Course Information Form which should be filled by your university -- must be TYPED STAMPED and SIGNED by a staff of your department. I literally met with one of my lecturers in school then and he did it for me.

I also printed out COLOUR COPIES of my documents, its compulsorily so (no black and white copies will be accepted) they won't take any other copies because when i started my application and i was asked to upload my certified documents i uploaded it but the machine changed its original colors to almost blue so i was asked to resend it all, got it certified by a known person in the community. I chose a provost that i know who helped me to certify them. It can be certified by a teacher, banker, lawyer, lecturer, or even your HOD. Just someone that has an official email and stamp.

After getting all of my documents (Bsc certificate, C.V, Transcript, International passport, professional license, Statement of account not more than 3 months, Waec and IELTS academic) ready, I decided to start my registration.

#HCPCRegistrationGuide

▫️The process of submitting my application

I started my registration on December 29th, 2021 after creating an online account with SWE, I filled in my personal details, education, knowledge of English, DBS check, disability check etc.

▫️The time it take takes to process the application

After submitting my application I received my scrutiny payment link immediately by online account message and email too. I had to pay within a short time frame or I will have to start my application all over again. I paid on December 31st, 2021.

I asked someone in the UK to help me with the payment of £495 and sent naira equivalent. After the payment it was acknowledged almost immediately.

Few days later on January 13th,2022 I received a mail requesting my certified documents as I explained earlier that the first ones I sent has colour issues, please it is specifically stated that the documents should be COLOUR copies do not print otherwise, and it must be certified or notarized on the correct page holding the information on the certificates.

They requested my documents, OFFICIAL email of my university, employer and professional body which must be sent within a time frame. I sent it and they contacted the three of them(employer,professional body and school). Please make sure to call ahead and confirm their contact details and also inform them about what you want to do because my professional body had a strong head man feeling himsel and asking me stupid questions if I was sure I'm a social worker. Same person I paid my registration money to.

Long story short: The three of them replied the mail from SWE and I was asked to provide a reference letter from an employer and also write a professional standards letter to prove that I am qualified to be registered with them. I made use of their professional standards and wrote them a letter relating well with my experiences and what I can offer the society if I am considered to be registered with the body. After sending these 2 documents as PDF I received a mail that it has been sent for processing on February 3rd, 2022.

After a while, I got curious and sent them a mail after weeks of not hearing from them. They responded that they're working on it.

On the 3rd of March, I received an email to pay for registration -- payment of £67 because the registration cycle already started since December. Originally I was to pay £90 for a full cycle. I made a card payment on March 7th, 2022 through my UK contact and I received my Registration Number immediately.

It was worth the wait and I will not encourage you to give up halfway. Congratulations are in order for you as you begin your step to register with SWE. Goodluck!

MY TOP TIPS:

▫️Never print your documents in black and white copies. Colour copies are the only acceptable copies
▫️It’s always a good idea to keep in touch with your referees, professional body and school and request them to respond to the email from SWE promptly
▫️Make sure you provide a valid email address, as all the communication regarding the application is done over email
▫️On their website they requested police report, but I didn't submit any so I guess its not compulsory. I also used statement of account downloaded from email so no need of going to the bank.

© HCPCRegistrationGuide

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 8:40am On Mar 12, 2022
Uzland:
✅BECOMING A REGISTERED SOCIAL WORKER IN THE UK: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW by Sophiat Damola Omidiwura & Logan.

Social work is a regulated profession. This means that to be able to practise as a social worker in the UK, individuals must be registered with Social Work England (SWE) -- not HCPC. Once registered, all social workers are listed on the Social Work England public register.

2. English proficiency test (IELTS) where band score for each part of the test must not be less than 6.5 with an overall band score of 7
3. A C.V: You will need to show that you have an understanding of social work and experience of working with clients. This can be from paid or voluntary work.
4. Academic Transcript

Once you have all these documents ready, certify them as they should and submit ONLINE. Yes, application is done online. You do not have to post them. So make sure you submit everything they ask of you the first time

The international application route exists for applicants that have completed professional training outside of the UK. As someone who meets this criteria, you may be thinking about how to apply via the international route or where to access the international application forms. So this is where Sophia comes in.

Sophiat Damola Omidiwura is a SWE registered social worker who studied in Nigeria. She shares her story whilst providing insight into the SWE international application process and offering helpful tips and advice for anyone considering applying for SWE registration via this route.

Hello guys I've just been registered with Social Work England and it wasn't really easy -- these guys are really thorough with their scrutiny.

I got to know about SWE from a friend last year and first thing I did was to Google them up to get their requirements as an international applicant. So it led me to their Website (www.socialworkengland.org.uk)

I read through it and realized I had to do IELTS to prove my knowledge of English, it is not applicable to everyone but none of the other options is applicable to me so I chose IELTS (academic) where its requires that each band is nothing less than 6.5 and an overall band 7.

After practicing and writing my IELTS I passed with overall 7.5 but I had 6.5 in my writing section such a narrow escape for me.

I must emphasise that it's important that you go through the website before applying. Some of the requirements are Course Information Form which should be filled by your university -- must be TYPED STAMPED and SIGNED by a staff of your department. I literally met with one of my lecturers in school then and he did it for me.

I also printed out COLOUR COPIES of my documents, its compulsorily so (no black and white copies will be accepted) they won't take any other copies because when i started my application and i was asked to upload my certified documents i uploaded it but the machine changed its original colors to almost blue so i was asked to resend it all, got it certified by a known person in the community. I chose a provost that i know who helped me to certify them. It can be certified by a teacher, banker, lawyer, lecturer, or even your HOD. Just someone that has an official email and stamp.

After getting all of my documents (Bsc certificate, C.V, Transcript, International passport, professional license, Statement of account not more than 3 months, Waec and IELTS academic) ready, I decided to start my registration.

#HCPCRegistrationGuide

I started my registration on December 29th, 2021 after creating an online account with SWE, I filled in my personal details, education, knowledge of English, DBS check, disability check etc.

After submitting my application I received my scrutiny payment link immediately by online account message and email too. I had to pay within a short time frame or I will have to start my application all over again. I paid on December 31st, 2021.

I asked someone in the UK to help me with the payment of £495 and sent naira equivalent. After the payment it was acknowledged almost immediately.

Few days later on January 13th,2022 I received a mail requesting my certified documents as I explained earlier that the first ones I sent has colour issues, please it is specifically stated that the documents should be COLOUR copies do not print otherwise, and it must be certified or notarized on the correct page holding the information on the certificates.

They requested my documents, OFFICIAL email of my university, employer and professional body which must be sent within a time frame. I sent it and they contacted the three of them(employer,professional body and school). Please make sure to call ahead and confirm their contact details and also inform them about what you want to do because my professional body had a strong head man feeling himsel and asking me stupid questions if I was sure I'm a social worker. Same person I paid my registration money to.

Long story short: The three of them replied the mail from SWE and I was asked to provide a reference letter from an employer and also write a professional standards letter to prove that I am qualified to be registered with them. I made use of their professional standards and wrote them a letter relating well with my experiences and what I can offer the society if I am considered to be registered with the body. After sending these 2 documents as PDF I received a mail that it has been sent for processing on February 3rd, 2022.

After a while, I got curious and sent them a mail after weeks of not hearing from them. They responded that they're working on it.

On the 3rd of March, I received an email to pay for registration -- payment of £67 because the registration cycle already started since December. Originally I was to pay £90 for a full cycle. I made a card payment on March 7th, 2022 through my UK contact and I received my Registration Number immediately.

It was worth the wait and I will not encourage you to give up halfway. Congratulations are in order for you as you begin your step to register with SWE. Goodluck!

MY TOP TIPS:

▫️Never print your documents in black and white copies. Colour copies are the only acceptable copies
▫️It’s always a good idea to keep in touch with your referees, professional body and school and request them to respond to the email from SWE promptly
▫️Make sure you provide a valid email address, as all the communication regarding the application is done over email
▫️On their website they requested police report, but I didn't submit any so I guess its not compulsory. I also used statement of account downloaded from email so no need of going to the bank.

© HCPCRegistrationGuide
Our dear non-UK Social Work graduates, this is how to get UK registration in order to be eligible to apply for the Social Worker role (ONS Code: 2442) via the HACW visa route. This is one of the occupations on the Shortage Occupations List.cheesy
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by meetme01: 8:42am On Mar 12, 2022
Uzland:

4. Academic Transcript

#HCPCRegistrationGuide

MY TOP TIPS:

© HCPCRegistrationGuide

Thanks for this detailed information for Social Workers.

I am a registered social worker here in Nigeria as well. I have been trying to go get registered. With this, I'd start the process.

Please, along the line, I'd need certain information from you.

Also, now that you're a registered social worker in the UK, how so you go about getting a job?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by TomatoSauce1: 8:58am On Mar 12, 2022
emike92:

Biometric- 18th February

Congratulations!! Thanks so much for the info.
All the best.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 9:02am On Mar 12, 2022
meetme01:

Thanks for this detailed information for Social Workers.

I am a registered social worker here in Nigeria as well. I have been trying to go get registered. With this, I'd start the process.

Please, along the line, I'd need certain information from you.

Also, now that you're a registered social worker in the UK, how so you go about getting a job?
Hello, Meetme01. I'm glad to know you're a social worker and that this piece of information would be of benefit to you. When you've successfully registered with SWE, simply follow the same job search and application processes already mentioned on this thread and by so many people here, by going to sites such as [url]jobs.nhs.uk[/url] and [url]uk.indeed.com[/url]. I'm afraid I'm not a social worker - I only shared information authored by someone else for the benefit of those it may concern here.
Nonetheless, I've invited the authors to drop by on the thread and share any useful tips they may have for our people here. So watch out for them. Cheers.cheesy

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jiigga: 9:29am On Mar 12, 2022
emike92:

Biometric- 18th February

@emike92..
good day,

so i graduated with a medical-school degree overseas, im asking, for the u.k skilled worker visa application,
2, do i EVEN need to send my medical degree on the Ecctis website for evaluation ? and that will be enough to prove i already studied a major course overseas in english language .. ?

SIDE-NOTE.. ...
i also have a proof from the university i attended, saying that all my medical studies was conducted in english language.. so, lets say i evaluate my medical degree/diploma on the Ecctis website, will it suffice? or will they STILL need that IELTS exam proof before granting me that visa...?

cos on the website gov.uk, .. it says a lot of things , .. proof of knowledge of english , .. then it also says your UK PhD certificate, or your unique Ecctis reference number (formerly unique UK NARIC reference number) if your qualification is from outside the UK - you’ll need to apply through Ecctis . . . ( But i guess thats ONLY for the PHD HOLDERS right sir ??)

it also says,
You DO NOT need to prove your knowledge of English if you’ve already passed an English Language assessment that is accepted by the relevant regulated professional body.
If you’re a vet, you may need to prove that you passed an English Language assessment with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.

im not sure what to make of this, please if you may respond, it will be appreciated .... let me know where i stand ..
i thank you kindly sir..

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 10:00am On Mar 12, 2022
jiigga:
@emike92..
good day,

SIDE-NOTE.. ...

it also says,

i thank you kindly sir..

Hello,

As a Medical doctor in Nigeria, these are the steps to follow to get a job in the UK:

1. Write IELTS and pass
2. Write Plab 1 and pass
3. Pass Plab 2 and Write Plab 2
4. Pass plab 2, confirm your registration with MDCN is up to date
Ask for Certificate of Good standing to be sent to GMC
4. Register with GMC
5. Start Job applications
6.Secure a Job and apply for VISA
7. Come to the UK

I do not know the country you graduated from so I cannot say if the same rules apply but you can check the GMC website for more information. You can also check if the IELTS can be substituted with ECCTIS certificate for you to write PLAB 1 but I am sure you can use ECCTIS for visa application.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 10:28am On Mar 12, 2022
Uzland:

4. Academic Transcript

#HCPCRegistrationGuide

MY TOP TIPS:

© HCPCRegistrationGuide

Uzland,

Thank you very much for this piece of information. This is so insightful. However, if you can help find out from Sophiat what her University degree was and how many years of work experience she has as a Social Worker, it will help in clearing some doubts
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Raechelle: 11:39am On Mar 12, 2022
Hello guys, I just got an invite for an interview. Going through the mail they planned on a physical interview and of course that is not possible for me. I have emailed them to request for a virtual interview but they are yet to get back to me. My Issue is that I didn't book the Interview on my trac jobs before replying the mail. Should I Book the interview on trac or wait for a response from them?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
dee1504:

Uzland,

Thank you very much for this piece of information. This is so insightful. However, if you can help find out from Sophiat what her University degree was and how many years of work experience she has as a Social Worker, it will help in clearing some doubts
Hello, Dee1504. cheesy Thank you once again for your contributions on this thread. I've passed your inquiry to the authors, and also invited them to drop by on the thread and share any useful tips they may have for our people here. Cheers.cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mrak2Agho: 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
Nice thread, first time commenting I study in the UK please I want to ask I heard is possible to change your tier2 study visa to a work permit, please how true is this...
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
Jaybadestboy:
You make a very good point
Please do you include you NI Number while applying for jobs since you previously worked in the UK , do you also got application confirmation mail from Luxury Care , how long does it take them to reply your application . thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Prosperity4All: 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
dramacox:
Use this code when next on interview *21*17010# activate call forwarding
#21# to deactivate.
I did 6 interviews and was not successful but the 7th changed the story for good. Keep trying, also watch "Richard McMunn" videos on youtube, they are very helpful, you can even send messages. Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Prosperity4All: 1:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ifesinachi22:

Go to WAEC or NECO Headquarters in your state and get the Transcript from them.
Secondary Schools don't give Transcripts. In fact most Principals don't know what it is
grin
https://www.enic.org.uk/
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dexterush(f): 2:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
Please which of the the NARIC ,are we expected to apply for
Statement of comparability or Visa and nationality
Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by luckygeee: 2:58pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hello famz. I got an offer from an home care company. They already have their license but said they are waiting for COS allocation. They gave me a training link to take some free but mandatory training course which I have started taking. My concern is does every home care have to wait for allocation from UKVI even after securing the license? I haven't received an official offer letter yet but just told I have been offered employment and should do the training.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (606) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: topellycategory and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.