Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,067 members, 7,835,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (858589 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (608) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Noblesunny(f): 8:17pm On Feb 11
Good evening house,please must one have a proof of funds before applying for care visa?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by eliascomm55: 11:30pm On Feb 11
Speak2ken:
Please I need guidance, I am applying for my daughter to join me in uk through Health care visa, on reaching payment site, it is showing application for PSB, talent child visa, am I supposed to continue?
Yes. That’s correct
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ama15(f): 12:14am On Feb 12
Ogbaba123:
Please I need guidance on this; following the new rules for skilled worker visa, will anyone currently on a skilled worker visa be required to meet the salary threshold when extending their visa in the future.
(Someone currently on a 3 year skilled worker visa who will be applying for a 2 year extension when the new rules start)

No….

The following Q&A was on the UK Parliament website:

Q- What about the higher £38,700 salary threshold for the Skilled Worker visa – will that apply to people already here on that visa?

A- No. “Those already in the Skilled work route, and applications made before the rules change, will not be subject to the new £38,700 salary threshold when they change employment, extend, or settle”, according to the Minister for Legal Migration.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9920/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by EGRL(f): 7:26am On Feb 12
Hello house, I’m about to apply for my husband to come over to o uk as my dependent, please do I need proof of funds? I entered the country in Nov last year.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 7:57am On Feb 12
EGRL:
Hello house, I’m about to apply for my husband to come over to o uk as my dependent, please do I need proof of funds? I entered the country in Nov last year.

He needs proof of funds if ur employer is not supporting ur dependents....
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by EGRL(f): 8:45am On Feb 12
advanceDNA:

He needs proof of funds if ur employer is not supporting ur dependents....

On my COS it was ticked that maintenance will be supported
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 9:06am On Feb 12
EGRL:

On my COS it was ticked that maintenance will be supported

Okay....

.if u decide that u wan to interprete "maintenance ticked" ....to mean that ur dependents will be automatically supported by ur employer anytime they choose to apply to enter the UK... Then they won't need proof of funds whenever they apply.....

However ..UKVI rules can sometimes be weird and vague which allows room for ECOs to use power of discretion (if u get what I mean)....

I advice pple ..use everything u have in ur arsenal when dealing with UKVI because u have no control over the type of entry clearance officer ur application will be assigned to ...

Besides...we are talking about an amount less than 300£ just ur husband right... Even with the crazy exchange rate that's something u can pull off....just to be on the safe.....if u catch my drift..😄😄😄

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by EGRL(f): 11:24am On Feb 12
[quote author=advanceDNA post=128415122]

Okay....

.if u decide that u wan to interprete "maintenance ticked" ....to mean that ur dependents will be automatically supported by ur employer anytime they choose to apply to enter the UK... Then they won't need proof of funds whenever they apply.....

However ..UKVI rules can sometimes be weird and vague which allows room for ECOs to use power of discretion (if u get what I mean)....

I advice pple ..use everything u have in ur arsenal when dealing with UKVI because u have no control over the type of entry clearance officer ur application with assigned to ...

Besides...we are talking about an amount less than 300£ just ur husband right... Even with the crazy exchange rate that's something u can pull off....just to be on the safe.....if u catch my drift..😄😄😄

Yes oo I understand you very well, just to be safe, and I have to leave the money there for 28days right?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 11:35am On Feb 12
[quote author=EGRL post=128417465][/quote]

Yes ......28days....

But what kinda visa are u on...??

Remember the law on dependents ...so bring in ur dependent quickly before March 11.. home office can pull another law anytime....

Hope u are not just counting fresh 28days??
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by EGRL(f): 11:42am On Feb 12
advanceDNA:

Yes ......28days....

But what kinda visa are u on...??

Remember the law on dependents ...so bring in ur dependent quickly before March 11.. home office can pull another law anytime....

Hope u are not just counting fresh 28days??

I’m on this skilled worker visa, that is healthcare assistant role… 1’m counting from 9th of Feb at this point… I didn’t think I’ll need to provide proof of funds

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 11:54am On Feb 12
EGRL:

I’m on this skilled worker visa, that is healthcare assistant role… 1’m counting from 9th of Feb at this point… I didn’t think I’ll need to provide proof of funds

Okay.... shaaa push the application in before 11th....I don't trust those pple called home office

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ogbaba123: 12:52pm On Feb 12
Thank you very much for this

Ama15:

No….

The following Q&A was on the UK Parliament website:

Q- What about the higher £38,700 salary threshold for the Skilled Worker visa – will that apply to people already here on that visa?

A- No. “Those already in the Skilled work route, and applications made before the rules change, will not be subject to the new £38,700 salary threshold when they change employment, extend, or settle”, according to the Minister for Legal Migration.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9920/
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Absolutebeau: 1:51pm On Feb 12
Somebody should pls throw more light on this issue of dependant and the March 11 deadline. If I am able to put in my application but has not received response before March 11, will I still be able to travel with dependants
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 2:06pm On Feb 12
Absolutebeau:
If I am able to put in my application but has not received response before March 11, will I still be able to travel with dependants

Yes
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 2:09pm On Feb 12
Noblesunny:
Good evening house,please must one have a proof of funds before applying for care visa?
Why not! If your employer certified maintenance for you on your CoS, then you don't need PoF. If not, then you certainly need it.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 2:13pm On Feb 12
IkpemhiTG:
Wife currently in UK as a Paramedic with NHIS Trust. Hubby and daughter in Nigeria planning to join her soon. Visa application process about to commence.

WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS I SHOULD BE GATHERING NOW for a smooth application process.

I still am not sure how much I will pay for myself and my daughter. Are we to pay for IHS ?. During my wife's application she didn't pay I remember but can't say of us as dependants
Documents plenty oo, just search this thread for other people's posts on documents submitted.
If your wife is on the Health and Care visa, then you don't have to pay for IHS.
For visa costs, check here: https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 2:16pm On Feb 12
Phenmeson:
Evening all.
I beg for newly wed couple applying for skilled visa. They have over 2yrs WhatsApp chat,Bank transfer evidence & marriage certificate & can get 2yrs call history only if 9ja network provider go giv.
Presenting 1month marriage certificate, does it have adverse effect on the outcome of the application based on the news/speculation that all marriages must be over 2yrs.

I hope 9ja win today match ooo.
These proofs you mentioned that you have should be sufficient to prove that the relationship is genuine. However, UKVI can be unpredictable.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Phenmeson(m): 2:28pm On Feb 12
Goodly1:

These proofs you mentioned that you have should be sufficient to prove that the relationship is genuine. However, UKVI can be unpredictable.

If people with over 3proofs of relationship of 2yrs and above are not considered just because of their marriage certificate which state 2024, I wonder how they want people to overcome the barrier to evidence of showing genuine and subsisting relationship.
Am not really sure if they even say that Marriage of less than 2yrs won't be considered because other countries applicants & dependent who have a well paying job, won't even leave their spouse behind.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mcyemite(m): 3:05pm On Feb 12
Goodly1:

Are there no hospitals/care homes around that you can approach for experience and references?🤷🏾‍♂️
No,I don't know any care home around here in sango OTA ogun state
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 3:43pm On Feb 12
mcyemite:

I believe you should've understood me by now and thus deciphered what you need to do. All the best.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Gmave: 4:04pm On Feb 12
Gmave:
Hi guys,
Please I've applied for skilled worker visa, my wife got a nursing job.
We've done everything we need to do so far.
We did biometrics on the 25th of Jan,
12 working days so far, biometrics remains stuck @ received by Dmc,
She has to resume by 25th of Feb or Cos might be withdrawn.
Only mail we've gotten so far is to upload TB certificate, which we have.
I'm panicking a bit, I've called them, they said decision hasn't been made. Help?

I got a not straightforward email today, I won't lie, I'm devastated.
Everything was straightforward, they mailed me and my wife like 4 days after our biometrics that we didn't submit our TB test certificate, we submitted it instantly, both the scanned and the original.
Then today, we are getting not straightforward email
This trust might withdraw COS by 25th of this month.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Elolam87(m): 6:35pm On Feb 12
Hello everyone. Pls on average, how long does it take to get a decision if applying for a visa switch from a student dependant visa to another category within the uk? Bearing in mind the rules coming into effect by March, can I opt for priority application within the uk as well?
Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Phenmeson(m): 8:59pm On Feb 12
Elolam87:
Hello everyone. Pls on average, how long does it take to get a decision if applying for a visa switch from a student dependant visa to another category within the uk? Bearing in mind the rules coming into effect by March, can I opt for priority application within the uk as well?
Thanks

If is to Skilled visa,that will be 2-8weeks but as things don dey reach last minute, na dem oga at d top get the final say ooo.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Damatik: 11:54pm On Feb 12
Hello house

Pls I applied to switch my employer from care worker to health and Safety in NHS since January 10th. I have not received any update as at today. My sponsor said they have given all clearance about 2 weeks ago. Pls how long does it take to switch employer on a skilled worker. Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IAmHim1: 12:07am On Feb 13
hi
Good evening

theres something important i'd love to discuss with you...if only i could get a go-ahead first
advanceDNA:

Yes
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 2:47am On Feb 13
IAmHim1:
hi
Good evening

theres something important i'd love to discuss with you...if only i could get a go-ahead first

Shoot
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 8:45am On Feb 13
Gmave:

I got a not straightforward email today, I won't lie, I'm devastated.
Everything was straightforward, they mailed me and my wife like 4 days after our biometrics that we didn't submit our TB test certificate, we submitted it instantly, both the scanned and the original.
Then today, we are getting not straightforward email
This trust might withdraw COS by 25th of this month.
Is this an NHS Trust?🤔 Why would they want to punish their candidate by withdrawing their CoS when the person has already applied for a visa!☹️
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by NezzyMike: 10:35am On Feb 13
mcyemite:

If you had used a hospital or healthcare in the East for help you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (608) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.