Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (844744 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (606) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by gistbite(f): 8:13am On Mar 15, 2022
[quote author=Jaybadestboy post=110832690]Hello everyone, please how long does it take to get an offer letter and certificate of sponsorship from your employer. I'm freaking out[/quote

Which care home is that? It depends on the company's speed sometimes
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Raechelle: 8:52am On Mar 15, 2022
I got a follow up stating the need for IELTS
oniwoski:
Hello

Pls who else got a Follow up mail from ENa Care.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Greathand01: 8:59am On Mar 15, 2022
Raechelle:
I got the mail too, I no get money for IELTS o, what else can one do
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Raechelle: 9:28am On Mar 15, 2022
They have served me breakfast ooo... they said there is no alternative.
The only reason I am not crying is because I too big to cry grin
Raechelle:
Hello guys, I just got an invite for an interview. Going through the mail they planned on a physical interview and of course that is not possible for me. I have emailed them to request for a virtual interview but they are yet to get back to me. My Issue is that I didn't book the Interview on my trac jobs before replying the mail. Should I Book the interview on trac or wait for a response from them?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Raechelle: 9:29am On Mar 15, 2022
You have to hustle it ooo because you will definetly need for Visa application one way or the other.
Greathand01:
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cletz991(m): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2022
How much for ilets exam ?iam based in Benin
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by justwise(m): 9:48am On Mar 15, 2022
@All

Anyone of you starting or suggesting whatsapp group here will be banned.

Thank you

5 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by oniwoski: 10:03am On Mar 15, 2022
Raechelle:
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by oniwoski: 10:07am On Mar 15, 2022
Chai! Sorry ooh I didn't know about this. No WhatsApgroup oo...infact nobody should email me oo
justwise:
@All

Anyone of you starting or suggesting whatsapp group here will be banned.

Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jaybadestboy: 10:24am On Mar 15, 2022
They are right. I got an email yesterday detailing the process. The truth is many care companies are applying for the certificate of sponsorship. Usually it takes one month but because of the rush it could even take up to even 8 weeks. Let's just wait and hope it comes out soon

luckygeee:
Hello famz. I got an offer from an home care company. They already have their license but said they are waiting for COS allocation. They gave me a training link to take some free but mandatory training course which I have started taking. My concern is does every home care have to wait for allocation from UKVI even after securing the license? I haven't received an official offer letter yet but just told I have been offered employment and should do the training.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ennygal: 11:07am On Mar 15, 2022
Thank you. Do I still need to do Ectis evaluation after I have passed my ielts exam?
LagosismyHome:

You know that if there is a strike no amount of link would make an difference. .... the only option with be direct contact with someone in the school

Also ielts is 89k,UK naric is £140 meaning ielts is cheaper so if you have any issues with strike. Its in your best interest to go do exam
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 11:11am On Mar 15, 2022
ennygal:
Thank you. Do I still need to do Ectis evaluation after I have passed my ielts exam?

No that duplication... it one or the other. If you have one then you don't need the other
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 11:16am On Mar 15, 2022
Greathand01:

IELTS, police clearance , TB are mandatory....Even if you get a job and you get COS and you don't have these , the embassy will reject

Hardly any company is going to apply for the COS without seeing that you truly have these. It cost them money as well on application fee. So what the point doing a COS for someone without proof of English
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jiigga: 12:25pm On Mar 15, 2022
my man @dee.. thanks taking time responding to me sir.. ..

i already knew all those u.k-medical-doctor-protocols.. i was skipping all that.. and asking if i needed IELTS for skilled worker applications.. and if i needed to ALSO evaluate my documents on ECCTIS.. ?? despite getting the IELTS?

other questions , if thats ok, please,

The TUBERCULOSIS test, .. are there designated centres for that?? or could i get it from anywhere and its gonn be acceptable?

The police clearance report, could i get that from any police station & it will suffice ??

they (the company) asking for covid test too.. could i get it from anywere??. and its all good?..

please respond sir...

thank you kindly..

dee1504:

Hello,

As a Medical doctor in Nigeria, these are the steps to follow to get a job in the UK:

1. Write IELTS and pass
2. Write Plab 1 and pass
3. Pass Plab 2 and Write Plab 2
4. Pass plab 2, confirm your registration with MDCN is up to date
Ask for Certificate of Good standing to be sent to GMC
4. Register with GMC
5. Start Job applications
6.Secure a Job and apply for VISA
7. Come to the UK

I do not know the country you graduated from so I cannot say if the same rules apply but you can check the GMC website for more information. You can also check if the IELTS can be substituted with ECCTIS certificate for you to write PLAB 1 but I am sure you can use ECCTIS for visa application.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jiigga: 12:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
@lagisismyhome .

good day sir.. hope you very well?
i was reading your responce as far as the IELTS, POLICE CLEARANCE ETC..

If i may ask you a few questions, please sir... thanks..

The TUBERCULOSIS test, .. are there designated centres for that?? or could i get it from anywhere and its gonn be acceptable?

The police clearance report, could i get that from any police station & it will suffice ??

the company asking for covid test too.. do you know if i could get it from anywhere? & its all good?..

please respond sir...

thank you kindly..

LagosismyHome:

IELTS, police clearance , TB are mandatory....Even if you get a job and you get COS and you don't have these , the embassy will reject

Hardly any company is going to apply for the COS without seeing that you truly have these. It cost them money as well on application fee. So what the point doing a COS for someone without proof of English
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Widall: 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2022
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DeltaWest: 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
jiigga:
@lagisismyhome .

good day sir.. hope you very well?
i was reading your responce as far as the IELTS, POLICE CLEARANCE ETC..

If i may ask you a few questions, please sir... thanks..

the company asking for covid test too.. do you know if i could get it from anywhere? & its all good?..

please respond sir...

thank you kindly..

You can find info about the tuberculosis testing centres in Nigeria here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-nigeria/tuberculosis-testing-in-nigeria

There's lots of info about skilled worker visas in here: https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa. It's the UK government website, so lots of info, but maybe not in the most readable way. Here is a good blog post that also talks about the different visa options: https://www.student.com/articles/how-to-live-and-work-in-the-uk-after-studying. The skilled worker visa is the one called "Tier 2 visa" in that post.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AllisonUK: 1:31pm On Mar 15, 2022
Widall:
Not so good news. No more visa application for now

https://punchng.com/ukraine-uk-embassy-suspends-student-work-visa-applications/

Ehnn? Abeg somebody subtitle this blahh. My eye is turning me. Wetin consign Nigeria wey consign Ukraine? Were they not doing refugee visas before? And why only Nigeria?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DeltaWest: 1:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
AllisonUK:

Ehnn? Abeg somebody subtitle this blahh. My eye is turning me. Wetin consign Nigeria wey consign Ukraine? Were they not doing refugee visas before? And why only Nigeria?

They are doing a lot more refugee visas now than before because of Ukraine. And it's not only Nigeria, they seem to have suspended it for all countries.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jum33: 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
AllisonUK:

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/03/15/uk-temporarily-suspends-priority-visa-application-for-study-work-family/amp/
What is being suspended is priority service which is the 5 days processing ,standard service still available.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AllisonUK: 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
DeltaWest:

They are doing a lot more refugee visas now than before because of Ukraine. And it's not only Nigeria, they seem to have suspended it for all countries.

Any idea how long their suspensions last? 'cos I see they've done the same in times past. And what happens to an offer in process? Does an employer revert their offer?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by gistbite(f): 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2022
Greathand01:
Lmao are you ready to move at all?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by DeltaWest: 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2022
AllisonUK:

Any idea how long their suspensions last? 'cos I see they've done the same in times past. And what happens to an offer in process? Does an employer revert their offer?

No idea how long it will last, I don't think the UK government themselves know at this point. But as was mentioned above, they have only suspended priority service. So they are still processing applications, but only standard service is available.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Teacup: 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2022
[quote author=oniwoski post=111052300][/quote]
My
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Teacup: 2:00pm On Mar 15, 2022
Greathand01:
I received the email too. My IELTS will expire this July 2022, any need to register for a new one?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by jiigga: 2:02pm On Mar 15, 2022
ok bro.. @ delta west..

thanks responding sir...

im still looking to find out if the POLICE CLEARANCE & COVID TEST could be gotten anywhere.. and its no problem ?

thanks still...

appreciate you sir...

DeltaWest:

You can find info about the tuberculosis testing centres in Nigeria here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-nigeria/tuberculosis-testing-in-nigeria

There's lots of info about skilled worker visas in here: https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa. It's the UK government website, so lots of info, but maybe not in the most readable way. Here is a good blog post that also talks about the different visa options: https://www.student.com/articles/how-to-live-and-work-in-the-uk-after-studying. The skilled worker visa is the one called "Tier 2 visa" in that post.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by AllisonUK: 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
Thanks jum33 and deltawest. One would imagine that I've gotten ten offers like this. Nonetheless, I don't use to like rough play.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kemmia(f): 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1503675510462767106?t=xFOJUwDI5faeCDRslmo57g&s=08
Ukraine: UK embassy suspends student, work visa applications

Who saw this? I still they submit applications sha

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Greathand01: 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
LagosismyHome:

okay ma'am, I will get ready to take the test.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by RealBae: 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
Thanks for the clarification
Please do they have any acceptable score?
LagosismyHome:

No...it's different

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (606) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.