Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help (8661 Views)

I Really Need A Laptop, Somebody Please Hear Me Out. / Please Somebody Help. Some Of My Laptop Keys Are Not Working / I Damaged My System Doing A Disk Cleanup. Somebody Help Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Mrluv(m): 12:25am On May 20, 2023
majesticguy:

The laptop is worth more than the asking price. Why not make a market survey and know how much core i5 4th generation cost. Secondly, a SSD of 500gb alone is kinda worth more than that #30,000.... When a part of a laptop is actually worth more than the laptop itself, that's definitely a red flag.

Well, it's either your friend is cash strapped and urgently need money.....or the could be faulty or is problematic ( today it's battery, tomorrow it's processor, next tomorrow it's another problem)........or it's stolen (no offense).

Like I said earlier, just shine ya eyes.
someone wanted to sell this laptop for me 50k I hope it worth HP EliteBook 8570W 8GB Intel Core I7 SSD 1T
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Mrluv(m): 12:27am On May 20, 2023
atheistandproud:

Alright.

General overview.

Desktop/laptop PCs run on x86-64. It's a type CPU design. The better the design, the more powerful the CPU.

The two main CPU makers for PC are Intel and AMD. Every PC you see uses a CPU from one of these two.

I'll start with Intel but wait, my rice dey burn.
someone wanted to sell this laptop for me 50k I hope it worth HP EliteBook 8570W 8GB Intel Core I7 SSD 1T
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Mrluv(m): 12:45pm On May 20, 2023
TheOldGods:
4th gen laptop for 30k. Be like say the guy really needs money or something is wrong with that laptop.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by OgogoroDegree: 8:02pm On May 20, 2023
TheOldGods:

I read all the comments, however, nobody really defined this properly, so I will do so.

In Intel, there are generations and also Amd. Now let do simple counting.

Let us count from 1, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. Now according to this, 1 is the smallest number right? Followed by two, three 4 all the way to 10. Now let say I buy core i3 that is no more 5. Let make up a name and call it Corei3 5100U.
Then your friend buys core i7. Which should be better than core i5 because you must count 6 before you get to it. Then your friend is a novice and got core i7 1001U which is the first number in the corei7. Can you see you're now 4 numbers ahead of him, you're definitely faster. So in CPU, you should focus more on the generations and not the core etc. the i there means nothing. Core i3 of number 10. Let's say core i3 10110U will beat a core i7 8th number, because the core i3 is 2 numbers ahead. So if you have a core i3 and your friend has core i7 with 8gen, then he won't brag because you have a stronger CPU.

Now more factors to consider when buying a CPU.
Ram: this days we use DDR4 rams, DDR3 are outdated and outlived their usefulness, but still they are not bad. Don't just buy ram because you heard it's ddr4. In rams there are numbers as well. If you buy ddr4 1600mhz speed you can't beat a person with 3200mhz speed. You need to check the speed at which the rams write.

Now graphics card is what handles the gaming, you can have a low end CPU but good graphics card, although it will bottleneck the GPU, but you can game.

If you want a CPU for multitasking then go with AMD those guys are beast. If you need a single core performance, then go with Intel.

Nice 1
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by canada123: 2:29am On May 22, 2023
Just curious is a MacBook Pro 2018 15inch good for gaming ?

Core i7 8th generation.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Chrismanuels(m): 10:38pm On May 23, 2023
hello good day I've been looking to go into tech

but I've been confused about the best laptop to get fir heavy user will this be a good laptop for coding and video editing
@TheOldGods @atheistandproud @majesticguy

the laptop is going for 175k is it a good buy

Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by TheOldGods: 9:52am On May 24, 2023
Chrismanuels:

but I've been confused about the best laptop to get fir heavy user will this be a good laptop for coding and video editing

doesn't have a dedicated graphics. Won't buy it
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Chrismanuels(m): 10:19am On May 24, 2023
hello sir pls what does it mean and how do I know when a laptop has it or not
TheOldGods:
doesn't have a dedicated graphics. Won't buy it
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by majesticguy: 7:00pm On May 24, 2023
Chrismanuels:

Depends on the aspect of coding you're going into, but I think that should be ok for coding, for video editing, no.

If you really mean the video editing bit, get a laptop with at least 4gb dedicated graphics card, she'd handle your coding and video editing perfectly.

Simply put, for coding, the laptop is fair ok, but for video editing, it's a bad idea, because it can't handle it.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Mrluv(m): 7:27pm On May 25, 2023
majesticguy:

Depends on the aspect of coding you're going into, but I think that should be ok for coding, for video editing, no.

If you really mean the video editing bit, get a laptop with at least 4gb dedicated graphics card, she'd handle your coding and video editing perfectly.

Simply put, for coding, the laptop is fair ok, but for video editing, it's a bad idea, because it can't handle it.
and you refuse to answer me even though na me for asked for help
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by majesticguy: 8:45am On May 27, 2023
Mrluv:
and you refuse to answer me even though na me for asked for help

No vex, the Monika i quoted mentioned me. Did the above answer your questions ? if it wasn't answered you can ask again or ask yours.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by lexander(m): 7:45pm On May 30, 2023
Nice info guys I actually have a laptop for sale
HP 15
RYZEN 3 1GB dedicated
1080p display
Contact me on whatsapp
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Mrluv(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
majesticguy:

No vex, the Monika i quoted mentioned me. Did the above answer your questions ? if it wasn't answered you can ask again or ask yours.
bro am confuse which of this two laptop i should go for Dell XPS 15 (L502X) 12GB Intel SSHD+SSD 512GB for 20k without battery and there is line on the screen core i7 2th generation or HP 14-Dq1025cl 12GB Intel Core I5 HDD 512GB for 40k core i5 5th generation

Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by TheOldGods: 8:15am On Jun 12, 2023
Mrluv:
bro am confuse which of this two laptop i should go for Dell XPS 15 (L502X) 12GB Intel SSHD+SSD 512GB for 20k without battery and there is line on the screen core i7 2th generation or HP 14-Dq1025cl 12GB Intel Core I5 HDD 512GB for 40k core i5 5th generation
20k for laptop? Well the answer is simple. The core i7 is a Quad-Core processor, the core i5 is dual core. You already know which is best. But if you still don't, get the Dell immediately, I mean if it's 20k.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Mrluv(m): 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2023
TheOldGods:
20k for laptop? Well the answer is simple. The core i7 is a Quad-Core processor, the core i5 is dual core. You already know which is best. But if you still don't, get the Dell immediately, I mean if it's 20k.
thank you bro i thought generation matter the dell is core i7 2th generation why the hp is core i5 5gth generation are you saying the dell is better than the hp
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by majesticguy: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
Mrluv:

The second one seems ok.The processor is kind of better than the first one. The only advantage the first one has over the second one is the SSD. I'd go for the HP.

Nna enh! but just be careful with this laptops, especially the first one, because they usually have a thousand and one problem. Line on the screen is a red flag, battery another red flag, plus many other red flags the seller wouldn't tell you about. least I forget, Dell batteries cost an arm.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by mrnigeria0: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2023
majesticguy:

The second one seems ok.The processor is kind of better than the first one. The only advantage the first one has over the second one is the SSD. I'd go for the HP.

Nna enh! but just be careful with this laptops, especially the first one, because they usually have a thousand and one problem. Line on the screen is a red flag, battery another red flag, plus many other red flags the seller wouldn't tell you about. least I forget, Dell batteries cost an arm.
make me self disturb you small senior man abeg no vex this laptop worth 50k

Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by OgogoroDegree: 5:16pm On Jun 17, 2023
mrnigeria0:
Can you type the specifications?
The pic ain't clear.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by majesticguy: 5:37pm On Jun 17, 2023
mrnigeria0:

That's a laptop with a dedicated graphics card although I don't know the size of the dedicated graphics card, it's NVIDIA, and NVIDIA graphics card laptops are quite pricey. It's a steal for that price. Just make sure it's not stolen or it doesn't have issues, other than that, it's an awesome deal.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by TheOldGods: 12:10am On Jun 18, 2023
majesticguy:

That's a laptop with a dedicated graphics card although I don't know the size of the dedicated graphics card, it's NVIDIA, and NVIDIA graphics card laptops are quite pricey. It's a steal for that price. Just make sure it's not stolen or it doesn't have issues, other than that, it's an awesome deal.
lol. Because it has Nvidia then it automatically becomes good. It could be an Nvidia 710 GT card grin grin. It's as useless as it sounds. Better he types in the spec here.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by OgogoroDegree: 10:15am On Jun 18, 2023
TheOldGods:
lol. Because it has Nvidia then it automatically becomes good. It could be an Nvidia 710 GT card grin grin. It's as useless as it sounds. Better he types in the spec here.

Na the specifications I wan see sef.
And the pics ain't clear.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by OgogoroDegree: 10:16am On Jun 18, 2023
Also what did he want to use it for?
It matters too
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Godspeed0: 10:34am On Jun 18, 2023
TheOldGods:
The bro that created this thread is indeed a prophet everything about laptop is confusion the more you look the more you are confuse.I thought is the generation that matter in laptop
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by mrnigeria0: 10:44am On Jun 18, 2023
OgogoroDegree:

Na the specifications I wan see sef.
And the pics ain't clear.
HP EliteBook 8540W on the body i saw NVIDIA QUADRO WITH CUDA
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by OgogoroDegree: 3:59pm On Jun 18, 2023
mrnigeria0:
HP EliteBook 8540W on the body i saw NVIDIA QUADRO WITH CUDA
Processor?
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by mrnigeria0: 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2023
OgogoroDegree:

Processor?
Core i7 M640 I I would repost the pisture
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by mrnigeria0: 6:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
OgogoroDegree:

Processor?
bro how far is the laptop a good laptop?
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by OgogoroDegree: 6:26pm On Jun 21, 2023
mrnigeria0:
bro how far is the laptop a good laptop?
If the battery is not OK,
Tell him to cut the price down (cost of original battery)
Also, what do you want to use it for?
Also, that PC processor is not ok for heavy task

Don't mind that core i7 ooo grin
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by mrnigeria0: 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2023
OgogoroDegree:

If the battery is not OK,
Tell him to cut the price down (cost of original battery)
Also, what do you want to use it for?
Also, that PC processor is not ok for heavy task

Don't mind that core i7 ooo grin
I want to use it to learn video edit and graphic design and play game sometime
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by OgogoroDegree: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
mrnigeria0:
I want to use it to learn video edit and graphic design and play game sometime

Run!
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by mrnigeria0: 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2023
OgogoroDegree:

Run!
what type of laptop should i be looking for help me i am novice
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by OgogoroDegree: 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
majesticguy:

Please assist our brother 🙏

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Delete Virus By Using Avast Antivirus / Your Mtn Browsing Experience / Virus Problem W32/rontokbro.gen@mm. I Really Need Some Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.