Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help (8570 Views)

I Really Need A Laptop, Somebody Please Hear Me Out. / Please Somebody Help. Some Of My Laptop Keys Are Not Working / I Damaged My System Doing A Disk Cleanup. Somebody Help Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by thowbie7ven(m): 7:34pm On Jul 28, 2022
TheOldGods:

I read all the comments, however, nobody really defined this properly, so I will do so.

In Intel, there are generations and also Amd. Now let do simple counting.

Let us count from 1, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. Now according to this, 1 is the smallest number right? Followed by two, three 4 all the way to 10. Now let say I buy core i3 that is no more 5. Let make up a name and call it Corei3 5100U.
Then your friend buys core i7. Which should be better than core i5 because you must count 6 before you get to it. Then your friend is a novice and got core i7 1001U which is the first number in the corei7. Can you see you're now 4 numbers ahead of him, you're definitely faster. So in CPU, you should focus more on the generations and not the core etc. the i there means nothing. Core i3 of number 10. Let's say core i3 10110U will beat a core i7 8th number, because the core i3 is 2 numbers ahead. So if you have a core i3 and your friend has core i7 with 8gen, then he won't brag because you have a stronger CPU.

Now more factors to consider when buying a CPU.
Ram: this days we use DDR4 rams, DDR3 are outdated and outlived their usefulness, but still they are not bad. Don't just buy ram because you heard it's ddr4. In rams there are numbers as well. If you buy ddr4 1600mhz speed you can't beat a person with 3200mhz speed. You need to check the speed at which the rams write.

Now graphics card is what handles the gaming, you can have a low end CPU but good graphics card, although it will bottleneck the GPU, but you can game.

If you want a CPU for multitasking then go with AMD those guys are beast. If you need a single core performance, then go with Intel.

That's a lie bro...a core i3 10th Gen will never beat/outperform a core i7 8th Gen processor...Never!!!

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Themaths(m): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2022
thowbie7ven:
That's a lie bro...a core i3 10th Gen will never beat/outperform a core i7 8th Gen processor...Never!!!
Hahahaha.....baba no gree o grin grin grin
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Druss(m): 11:19pm On Jul 29, 2022
If you want to compare GPUs and CPUs, there are resources on the web and YouTube. Just look for comparison or versus videos. With time you will gain more.

That said if you are looking for a gaming laptop, you have to define the kind of games you want to play. Is it the AAA games or simple Football Manager?
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Druss(m): 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2022
Mrluv:
is there a way to know if a laptop come with ssd through the laptop setting?

A quick way - In Windows, open task manager - go to the performance tab. It will indicate if SSD or HDD. Replacing HDD with SSD is also not difficult as long as you have one handy.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by mrnigeria0: 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2022
majesticguy:

On jiji or Whatsapp, simply ask the seller to screenshot & send you the graphics properties of the PC.

Then if you are with the system, you don't have to open it to know if it has dedicated graphics.

Well firstly, the system has to be driven before you can see it. Once it's confirmed that the system is driven,

-Right-click on the desktop area and choose Screen Resolution.
- Click the Advanced Settings.
- The PC would display the amount of dedicated graphics & all other graphics details available on the system.
baba abeg this laptop with broken screen worth am for 20k hp palilon core i5 4th or Dell Vostro 3460 4GB Intel Core I5 HDD 512GB for 35k

Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by mrnigeria0: 3:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
atheistandproud:

Exactly
baba abeg this laptop with broken screen worth am for 20k hp palilon core i5 4th or Dell Vostro 3460 4GB Intel Core I5 HDD 512GB for 35k

Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by itzzkhaliii(m): 3:53pm On Aug 10, 2022
atheistandproud:
In continuation from where Exumal stopped...

The CPUs have different years of release. These all have different CPU build architecture so they all perform different. The newer than CPU, the better.

On Intel, they are called generations. You have generation 1 to 10 (I think).

On AMD, they are known as series. You have series 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5000.

Now if you remember the list I earlier mentioned, the generations or series are more important than the brand names. Take note!!!

A Core i3 10th generation CPU go beat a Core i7 first generation.

An AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 5000 series is better than an AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 1000 series.

Some of these people that sell PCs are crooks. They'll tell you the name of the CPU but won't put the generation. Always ask for the generation.

Na here we they, thank God I no they exclude that generation namr for my own Laptops when I list them for sale.

1 Like

Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Jaymidas001: 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2022
thowbie7ven:

Lol, emphasis on the word "Never".
Some core i7 4th gen will even out perform a core i3 7th gen... Although CPU speed is usually considered.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by majesticguy: 2:02pm On Aug 11, 2022
mrnigeria0:

Well if broken screen is the only issue the laptop has, then it's an ok deal. Getting it fixed would cost you at most 30k, which means it could be less than that but not more than. IMO, it's a good buy. Just make sure it has no other issues asides the screen.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Demaxl(m): 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2022
TheOldGods:
depends. I recently purchased an Rtx 2060 laptop cori7 9th gen for 290k on ebay

I also purchased Gtx 960m last year at 140k on ebay

Boss abeg can you send link. I will be really grateful
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Demaxl(m): 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2022
TheOldGods:
I bought it on eBay my rate is 540$. That's why it was cheap

How did you get 540/$ in nigeria abeg
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by austin55: 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2022
Nice idea

Hp probook 6730b( foreign used)
With 15" screen and 2G ram
Giveaway price - #55,000
Contact - 08062063659
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Demaxl(m): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2022
TheOldGods:
depends. I recently purchased an Rtx 2060 laptop cori7 9th gen for 290k on ebay

I also purchased Gtx 960m last year at 140k on ebay
How far
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Godspeed0: 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2022
majesticguy:

Well if broken screen is the only issue the laptop has, then it's an ok deal. Getting it fixed would cost you at most 30k, which means it could be less than that but not more than. IMO, it's a good buy. Just make sure it has no other issues asides the screen.
big bro abeg the person that want to sell this laptop to me clam it has 3gb dedicated graphic but V ram am seeing is 500 mb is the dedicated graphic up to 3gb because i dont understand what am seeing and is the amd processor good for gaming? the laptop is Packard Bell EasyNote TJ75 is even a good laptop?

Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Godspeed0: 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2022
atheistandproud:
In continuation from where Exumal stopped...

The CPUs have different years of release. These all have different CPU build architecture so they all perform different. The newer than CPU, the better.

On Intel, they are called generations. You have generation 1 to 10 (I think).

On AMD, they are known as series. You have series 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5000.

Now if you remember the list I earlier mentioned, the generations or series are more important than the brand names. Take note!!!

A Core i3 10th generation CPU go beat a Core i7 first generation.

An AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 5000 series is better than an AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 1000 series.

Some of these people that sell PCs are crooks. They'll tell you the name of the CPU but won't put the generation. Always ask for the generation.
big bro abeg the person that want to sell this laptop to me clam it has 3gb dedicated graphic but V ram am seeing is 500 mb is the dedicated graphic up to 3gb because i dont understand what am seeing and is the amd processor good for gaming? the laptop is Packard Bell EasyNote TJ75 is even a good laptop?

Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by atheistandproud(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2022
Godspeed0:

Core i5 4th gen

Not good enough for gaming

Good enough for work like typing, spreadsheet and general use but it won't play eFootball or Fortnite or Call of Duty.

Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Lifeiseazi: 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2022
atheistandproud:

Core i5 4th gen

Not good enough for gaming

Good enough for work like typing, spreadsheet and general use but it won't play eFootball or Fortnite or Call of Duty.

Love this thread.
Pls is elitebook 840 G3
Intel core i5-6th Gen
8GB ram
500GB hdd
For 140k a good buy
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Lifeiseazi: 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2022
majesticguy:

Love this thread.

Pls is elitebook 840 G3

Intel core i5-6th Gen

8GB ram

500GB hdd

For 140k a good buy
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by jonnathin: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2022
Good morning is this laptop ok for trading browsing social media

HP stream 11 pro G3

Processor Intel Celeron n3060 @1.60Ghz 1.60GHz

Storage capacity 32GB emmc + 256GB SD CARD

RAM 2GB

Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Demaxl(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2022
jonnathin:

HP stream 11 pro G3

RAM 2GB

I am not sure that 2gb ram can do anything these days. Try and get at least 4gb ram
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by majesticguy: 11:40am On Sep 05, 2022
Lifeiseazi:

Love this thread.

Pls is elitebook 840 G3

Intel core i5-6th Gen

8GB ram

500GB hdd

For 140k a good buy

For a laptop with Intel hd 520 it's an ok buy considering the exchange rate. Just ensure it's in a perfect shape before buying.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by roselynbas(f): 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2022
Exumal:

Thank God my young is a computer engineer. I learnt alot from him. Imagine driving a single laptop with two different graphics drivers. Another funny thing is, Windows 8 couldn't recognize the AMD GPU. It's either Lenovo or Lenovo again, theyake performance laptop at affordable price, though with ugly body.

Preach it bro.... I keep telling people. The performance of Lenovo is out of this world. Them ugly die but they are very good.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by roselynbas(f): 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2022
jonnathin:

HP stream 11 pro G3

RAM 2GB

Windows 10 performs better on 4GB RAM and above.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by majesticguy: 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2022
Lifeiseazi:

Love this thread.

Pls is elitebook 840 G3

Intel core i5-6th Gen

8GB ram

500GB hdd

For 140k a good buy

With the current exchange rate, and considering the fact that it has an Intel hd 520 and the generation, It's ok for the price. But try to start haggling at 120k and see what he'd remove. Also ensure it's 100% ok before you buy.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by majesticguy: 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2022
Godspeed0:
The dedicated graphic/memory is the same as v ram and in the picture below it clearly states it as 500mb.

As a word of advice bro, always go for a laptop with a known name or brand, e get why. Accessibility of parts is one of the many reasons why one should go for a know brand.

500mb v ram is never good for gaming. I'd rather buy the Intel hd 4400 integrated graphics card laptop than go for anything 500mb from AMD.
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by certifiedvik(m): 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2022
Demaxl:

How did you get 540/$ in nigeria abeg
Nah online shopping,, AliExpress still sold something for me at ₦490/dollar last week
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Demaxl(m): 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2022
certifiedvik:

Nah online shopping,, AliExpress still sold something for me at ₦490/dollar last week

Im guessing that thing is less that $20 because you probably used to bank atm card and most bank have a $20 limit.

TheOldGods said he bought the laptop for 290k at $540/dollar so thats like 530 dollar.

Na why the thing dey muzz me
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by Demaxl(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2022
How far bosses

Please what is the cheapest laptop with Nvidia gtx 1050
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by itstriplea: 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
TheOldGods:
I bought it on eBay my rate is 540$. That's why it was cheap

Good afternoon bro
Please can you help me with ebay checkout at that rate.
Or tell me how you got the rate

Thanks
Re: My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help by okikiosibodu(m): 10:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
Nice thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Connect Two Pcs For Offline File Transfer. / Laptop Prices In Nigeria / What Does Computer Networking Entail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.