Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries (36717 Views)

Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense / The Day Two South-East Governors Shouted At Each Other / "Two South-East Governors To Join APC" – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Positivepoint(m): 8:09am On Sep 13, 2021
wpadmin:

How many things are the North consuming for them to collect a large chunk?

Since they have the largest population, they should be happy to keep the VAT they generate.

Let me ask u a simple question.

Who owns the majority of trailers that ply our roads and where is the destination of most products made in the South?

The reason for such huge number of trailers is to move large products to the north.

That is ur answer.
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by orlaglobal234: 8:11am On Sep 13, 2021
This list without Ogun, Ondo, Akwa Ibom and Kwara state is rubbish, only kano and Kaduna can make that list
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by greenie77: 8:12am On Sep 13, 2021
Positivepoint:

Value added tax is paid by the consumers of manufactured goods at the point of buying good or service not by the manufacturers of the goods and services.

The population of the north gives north an advantage as huge consumers.

U should first understand what vat is before u make such comment.

Huge population? What is the purchasing. power of the huge population of the North? Don't forget that the North has the highest poverty headcount rate in Nigeria, how then can a huge pool of poor people are buying more?

3 Likes

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by ANON333: 8:13am On Sep 13, 2021
According to these records it does not seem the VAT revolution would change much; states already get 85%. But if places like Lagos want 100% of their VAT cause they're best at it, then what is good for VAT should be good for crude oil.

3 Likes

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by shogz89: 8:13am On Sep 13, 2021
Positivepoint:

Value added tax is paid by the consumers of manufactured goods at the point of buying good or service not by the manufacturers of the goods and services.

Population is useless if they don't consume Vatable product. most northern state dont have the kind of spending power you will see in southern state, further more most items in the North are zero rated or exempted from VAT e.g food items

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by wpadmin: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2021
Positivepoint:

Let me ask u a simple question.

Who owns the majority of trailers that ply our roads and where is the destination of most products made in the South?

The reason for such huge number of trailers is to move large products to the north.

That is ur answer.

If that is the case, it makes more sense for them to keep the VAT they make to themselves.

Why should VAT generated in one state be used in another state?
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Emir01: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2021
Positivepoint:

Wow u still don't get it.

When a Kano man buys indomie or soap made in Lagos he pays including VAT.

When a Katina man buys recharge card he pays including VAT.

When a gombe man buys Panadol he pays inclusive of VAT.

The vat paid by the above people is remitted not in there states but in Lagos centrally through there HQ.

Remember VAT is paid by the consumers of manufactured products and services at the point of purchase.

Teach them bro cos they don't have an Idea but only rushing to make comment
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by techWriter1: 8:15am On Sep 13, 2021
Every federal should overpower their recourses, simple.
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Coldie(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2021
proeast:

You don't even get the point at all. The argument is about parasitism, states VAT earnings against VAT generation and SE is being short changed!

VAT is not necessarily about population but about purchasing power and economic activities. Northern states claim to have huge populations but brings next to nothing to the table. Anambra and Enugu both generate in excess of 20 billions which is in the top tier, while the other SE states generate close to 20 billion including the least Ebonyi. Non is among the least generating states yet you will find them among the least VAT earning states!

Once VAT becomes a state affair, just watch and see how all SE states will jump in the rankings due to competition among them.
This is why all of u shouting Biafra and restructuring should use your head, a lot of u are just talking talking talking without thinking then when it back fires u use your self inflicted problem to start another Biafra struggle and kill yourselves.

The north produces next to nothing according to u, but do u remember when northern youths tried to stop goods from going south, less than 1 day price of goods in the whole south sky rocketed, true or false?

But east has been doing back to back seat at home, even during the ESN problem no sector of Nigerians economy was affected, no single price of any goods went up not even innoson motors…

Analyse the 2 regions and tell me which of them is really contributing?

Reason despite me being Igbo I am always weary of supporting anything igbos support I discovered that alot of igbos just know how to be hardworking without much sense, igbos are scattered all over Nigeria, then we have a VAT system that collects tax from all the states in Nigeria and distribute it to all the states, and u I repeat u people are against it?

A tax system that enables somebody from ebonyi to benefit from his tax even if he is based in Lagos or Kano or Port harcourt?

Where una sense dae abeg? Una dae follow ikwerre people way no ready travel go anywhere do VAT war?

With the funds eastern states are receiving they have not been able to break even in a lot of things and to u, u believe that once the funds stop coming over night eastern governors would start seating up cheesy.

Am not surprised sha, when you people are done making wrong decisions I know all of u would leave the east and go to regions that made Decisions that would benefit their region and start dragging its benefits with them

3 Likes

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by aminusodiq(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2021
techwaya:
Some states will just collapse because of this,i keep asking how can states like Borno and adamawa cope, Boko Haram ravaged state like Borno can't even go into agriculture as source of income let's restructuring shouldn't be about destroying our fellow country men..

Meanwhile are you serious about gaining admissions into yabatech or unilag this year? well the opportunity is here the Partime form is now on sale,the postutme for will soon follow suite,post utme past questions are available contact us on
Zero nine zero eight two nine five one four six two..or check my siggy

keep quiet jare!!! Is that why they are granting amnesty and breaking alcoholic beverages?
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Positivepoint(m): 8:21am On Sep 13, 2021
greenie77:

Huge population? What is the purchasing. power of the huge population of the North? Don't forget that the North has the highest poverty headcount rate in Nigeria, how then can a huge pool of poor people are buying more?

Well let me give u a simple ans, the poor still buy food.

Most manufacturers design there products for the poor north consumers in mind e.g everything sarchet products and small soda bottles, 100 naira recharge etc. Because the volume of sales from the poor north keeps most companies profitable.

Ur manufacturers are conscious of that already and u will be too soon.

North is little India
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by nograv: 8:21am On Sep 13, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Gross nonsense!
How possible Katsina, Bauchi, Jigawa got more Vat than Anambra, Abia, Ondo, Ogun, Akwaibom, delta etc?

I challenge any Northerner here to tell me the industries and economy activities wey dey there!

Cc: quotasystem, Arrewa, Buckeyemedia1

Northerners and fake stats cheesy

Only Kano may have significant economic activity, but the rest is nonsense..
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by BIGNAME2020: 8:23am On Sep 13, 2021
Iamgrey5:
I really want to know what is being done in Jigawa.

I can't recall any industrial activity of note in the state.

I am even willing to allow Bauchi and Kastina stand for the sake of argument but what's the rationale behind Jigawa if not for the rigged population census.

Nothing!

Only potash undecided
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Iamgrey5(m): 8:24am On Sep 13, 2021
Positivepoint:

Most manufacturers have distribution channel for there business.

If indomie company sold 1m cartoon of indomie to a dealer in Lagos or anywhere the dealer pays inclusive of VAT.

Wherever the product goes VAT is already paid to the company at the point of purchase and transferred to consumers at every level of the distribution channel.

I am a dealer of a manufacture in Lagos and I pay inclusive of VAT for their products.

Now these companies remit the same VAT through Lagos because they have collected VAT at the point of every sale to there distributors.

Most manufacturers have dealers in every state with large warehouses in every state or at least in every region of the federation.

Just like I said before, you have no idea of how VAT works.

The tax is collected directly from the warehouse in most cases, just like VAT is collected directly from ShopRite outlet and or other supermarkets in most cases.

The VATs of the goods sold in Kano or Enugu is not received in Lagos but remmited by the major distributor in Enugu through the FIRS in Enugu.

Manufacturers can't pay VAT before the final consumers buy their products.

You need to stop trying to sound like you know what you are talking about.

11 Likes

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Raph82(m): 8:25am On Sep 13, 2021
Passionate888:
Let's be our brother's keeper grin grin grin grin
God punish brother
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by kessdivine4all: 8:26am On Sep 13, 2021
Some of these Northern states ban breweries and collect their tax from southern states, is that fair?

2 Likes

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by millhouse: 8:28am On Sep 13, 2021
Iamgrey5:
I really want to know what is being done in Jigawa.

I can't recall any industrial activity of note in the state.

I am even willing to allow Bauchi and Kastina stand for the sake of argument but what's the rationale behind Jigawa if not for the rigged population census.
govs that just sit down in their state doing absolutely nothing... once it’s end of month .. fiam they Run to abuja to collect allocation sharing Largesse...Jigawa and co are only viable when it’s time for election figures

2 Likes

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Omoluabi1stborn: 8:28am On Sep 13, 2021
nograv:

Northerners and fake stats cheesy

Only Kano may have significant industry, but the rest is nonsense..

Swears cheesy

1 Like

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by tollyboy5(m): 8:30am On Sep 13, 2021
CSTRR:
This VAT revolution should go along with resource control.

You control your VAT, I control my resources.

If Lagos wants to control her VAT which is good, then it is only fair that bayelsa control all her oil wealth.
We're coming to that soonest, Lagos and ondo state are also oil producing state

1 Like

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Tventures: 8:31am On Sep 13, 2021
My fellow nairaland l beg you people in the name of God,l die financially.nothing is too small pls assist with any amount my God will reward u. GTB bank 0423232676
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by VULCAN(m): 8:31am On Sep 13, 2021
Nowhere else online do you find ignorant people trying to sound woke like Nairaland.

It is now fake population statistics that should be used to determine who deserves more VAT and not actual taxed economic activities.

How silly!

So Lagos that generates 55% of total VAT receipts in the entire country (due to the sheer volume of individual VAT transactions) but receives 10% of said total should receive even less based on fake population statistics generated for election malpractices.

State Populations that claim 20m people but very little VAT generated.

The cow business that the federal govt is so concerned about produces no VAT whatsoever as it is owned by powerful Northerners who do not pay VAT, income tax nor corporate tax.

It's better some people just shut up instead of displaying their folly on a world platform like Nairaland.
Positivepoint:

4 Likes

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Positivepoint(m): 8:33am On Sep 13, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Most manufacturers have dealers in every state with large warehouses in every state or at least in every region of the federation.

Just like I said before, you have no idea of how VAT works.

The tax is collected directly from the warehouse in most cases, just like VAT is collected directly from ShopRite outlet and or other supermarkets in most cases.

The VATs of the goods sold in Kano or Enugu is not received in Lagos but remmited by the major distributor in Enugu through the FIRS in Enugu.

Manufacturers can't pay VAT before the final consumers buy their products.

You need to stop trying to sound like you know what you are talking about.

VAT is has already been paid buy the dealer before the product is shipped i his where house in Kano or Enugu. what happens is the transfer of that vat already paid to the consumers in Kano or Enugu.

The fear of vat decentralization is multiple taxation because Kano or Enugu will also insist on collection of same vat already paid dir by increasing the price of products and making consumers pay double.

Do ur research or simply buy anything from jummia or konga. Even though u r in Kano or Enugu the vat u paid will be remitted in Lagos.
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Positivepoint(m): 8:35am On Sep 13, 2021
VULCAN:
Nowhere else online do you find ignorant people trying to sound woke like Nairaland.

It is now fake population statistics that should be used to determine who deserves more VAT and not actual taxed economic activities.

How silly!

So Lagos that generates 55% of total VAT receipts in the entire country (due to the sheer volume of individual VAT transactions) but receives 10% of said total should receive even less based on fake population statistics generated for election malpractices.

State Populations that claim 20m people but very little VAT generated.

The cow business that the federal govt is so concerned about produces no VAT whatsoever as it is owned by powerful Northerners who do not pay VAT, income tax nor corporate tax.

It's better some people just shut up instead of displaying their folly on a world platform like Nairaland.

Share volume of VAT wow. U are ignorantly educated

1 Like

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Akpuobi1: 8:35am On Sep 13, 2021
r
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Raph82(m): 8:37am On Sep 13, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

How can Jigawa, Katsina, Bauchi Getting more Vat than Ondo, Delta, Anambra, Ogun, Abia, Akwaibom

Just tell me
So it's been going on like this for years and nobody paid attention to it, just now they are noticing the evil in the system. What set of people are we electing to represent us self? Anyways, I think now is the time for all to wake up to reality. The revolution will happen without bloodshed. Now the South is waking up to reality. We need more light on that stupid constitution to check for more loopholes that can be taken advantage of as soon as possible, enough is enough, Mother South can not be working her ass off for one stupid baby North to feed on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2021
Its okay my people. This is the last pocket money or rather free money to those terrorists up North! It is done with them! Let's go and bombard our governors never never to allow this nonsense Again! NEVER!
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by TEDHorsePower: 8:38am On Sep 13, 2021
Proeast the envious bitter fellow, come and see VAT collection data source about Anambra
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Iamgrey5(m): 8:38am On Sep 13, 2021
Positivepoint:

VAT is has already been paid buy the dealer before the product is shipped i his where house in Kano or Enugu. what happens is the transfer of that vat already paid to the consumers in Kano or Enugu.

The fear of decentralization is multiple taxation because Kano or Enugu will also insist on collection of same vat already paid dir by increasing the price of products and making consumers pay double.

Do ur research or simply buy anything from jummia or konga. Even though u r in Kano or Enugu the vat u paid will be remitted in Lagos.
This is a very silly statement.

In that case, Ogun state should generate the highest VAT in Nigeria because of the numbers of manufacturers in the state. grin

So all times ShopRite charged 7.5% vat on my receipt, they are paying the manufacturers.

So Vat is paid to the company cheesy not the federal government

I am done arguing with you.

And Perhaps let's just assume that the VAT in Lagos has nothing to do with the large consuming population in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by TEDHorsePower: 8:39am On Sep 13, 2021
Anambra is truly the economic giant of the east

1 Like

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Positivepoint(m): 8:41am On Sep 13, 2021
wpadmin:

If that is the case, it makes more sense for them to keep the VAT they make to themselves.

Why should VAT generated in one state be used in another state?

The VAT is already collected by the companies those products are purchased from.

The only thing is for the companies to remit VAT to states of destination of their products not Lagos and a qr code be introduced on products by destination so that cross boarder or sub dealer distribution can be tracked by relevant states to demend VAT of that products ment for other states found in there states.

Else we will face multiple vat and consumers will bear the burden.
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by proeast(m): 8:42am On Sep 13, 2021
Coldie:

[s]This is why all of u shouting Biafra and restructuring should use your head, a lot of u are just talking talking talking without thinking then when it back fires u use your self inflicted problem to start another Biafra struggle and kill yourselves.

The north produces next to nothing according to u, but do u remember when northern youths tried to stop goods from going south, less than 1 day price of goods in the whole south sky rocketed, true or false?

But east has been doing back to back seat at home, even during the ESN problem no sector of Nigerians economy was affected, no single price of any goods went up not even innoson motors…

Analyse the 2 regions and tell me which of them is really contributing?

Reason despite me being Igbo I am always weary of supporting anything igbos support I discovered that alot of igbos just know how to be hardworking without much sense, igbos are scattered all over Nigeria, then we have a VAT system that collects tax from all the states in Nigeria and distribute it to all the states, and u I repeat u people are against it?

A tax system that enables somebody from ebonyi to benefit from his tax even if he is based in Lagos or Kano or Port harcourt?

Where una sense dae abeg? Una dae follow ikwerre people way no ready travel go anywhere do VAT war?

With the funds eastern states are receiving they have not been able to break even in a lot of things and to u, u believe that once the funds stop coming over night eastern governors would start seating up cheesy.

Am not surprised sha, when you people are done making wrong decisions I know all of u would leave the east and go to regions that made Decisions that would benefit their region and start dragging its benefits with them[/s]

You're a typical parasitic almajiri without sense.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Video Of Yusuf Buhari's Arrival In Nigeria After His Medical Treatment Abroad / Nigerians Blast Adesina For Saying Deaths In PDP Are More Than Deaths In APC / I Have No Issues With Tinubu; He Is Somebody I Regard As A Father - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.