Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army (28361 Views)

Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? / How Much Does A BSC Holder Earn As A University Non-Academic Staff? / Should I Dump My Bsc Degree To Be A Mechanic Apprentice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Blitzerz: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2021
You have a good heart.

But this nation has an evil heart.

4 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Oyerinde16(m): 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2021
There are two ways.
1) DSSC - DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COURSE for professional courses such as Doctors, Pharmacist, Reverend, Engineers, Accountants, nurses, etc they are often at the back line providing essential services... Some courses cannot get in here.

2) SSC - SHORT SERVICE COURSE COMBATANT here any course can come in, but know its regular combatant and straight to the war front, an ways on stand by for war mobilization, I mean carry guns and control regular solders at the front.

3) Regular recruit, with O'level, you enter as a recruit with no rank or lance copral depends, with OND, you enter as a recruit but with lance copral or copral, with HND, you enter as a recruit with copral or sergeant, with B'sc, you enter as a recruit with sergeant or staff sergeant, though its easy for you to convert to SSC once age is on your side. Choose your path wisely.

Its easy to enter as a recruit, but it will take long to get to your peak that's if you ever even get to the peak.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Tomahawk99(m): 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2021
Better go join police.

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Isobug: 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2021
As if it is easy to enroll. Oga you are waisting your time, Nigeria pattern of enlistment into the military is still an enigma to me. Even as we all think that Nigeria needs more military now than ever, you will apply and apply but they will keep rejecting you.
You are even mentioning a B.Sc, that's the worst of it all, Short Service? Don't even go there. This is sometimes 1 person per local Government and the probability of you getting it is just zero because they're bought by government officials

By the way, why would someone wants to join the military this time with so much enthusiasm like this? Do you have a score to settle? If not I don't see any other reason now

7 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 13, 2021
Poverty and joblessness. What a pity.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by BlueRayDick: 12:49pm On Sep 13, 2021
Na so death dey hungry you?

4 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by nellyzkid(m): 12:49pm On Sep 13, 2021
Not a bad idea as a bsc holder

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by udemzeus(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:
Pardon my typo errors; I graduated from a federal university with bsc second class upper honours in Nigeria,I intend joining the army but I do not know my way around nor do I have someone to guide me through the process and make a good decision,I will appreciate all the advice and information given to me ,the dos and don't and the best way to apply having my degree in hand

Please I need all the advice and opinion you can give no matter how different it sounds thanks

Are you from the North grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by aduje(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2021
If it is US Army or British Army congrats. But For Nigerian Army, you can go at your peril. I pity you the more if you join Nigerian Army of today and you are a Southerner or Christian. Like my dad would always say... "The grass is greener when viewing from the opposite direction"

3 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by emperordelis(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2021
APCNig:
Lazy youth, go and find work.

Nigerian Army is an association of generationally cursed idiots. They run away from bandits. These same bandits take the fight to the Army battalion at their base and kill the useless soldiers like common goats. Yet, the same useless soldier ants terrorise the citizens on the streets.

That's the association you want to join. Definitely, you are an unfortunate fellow.

Bros you dey vex ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by President99: 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2021
You are open to two options, either Direct service commission (DSC) or short service commission (SSC). DSC is usually open to only some courses, which varies from year to year, check out the adverts. SSC is open to all graduates regardless of what you studied. With DSC is traditionally made to provide professional services to army staff while SSC is made to work in war front

3 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Yuslat4sure(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2021
You need to apply through direct short service , anytime the form is out then you apply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by iwuchukwutony(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2021
No need looking for a job. Become self employed if only you have confidence in yourself ooh

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by tonyshine01: 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
What is your aim of Joining the Army?
Are you on espionage subversion mission?
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by OmoManU: 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:
Pardon my typo errors; I graduated from a federal university with bsc second class upper honours in Nigeria,I intend joining the army but I do not know my way around nor do I have someone to guide me through the process and make a good decision,I will appreciate all the advice and information given to me ,the dos and don't and the best way to apply having my degree in hand

Please I need all the advice and opinion you can give no matter how different it sounds thanks
Op don't mind many of those haters commenting, many of them if they are given the chance they won't think twice before taking the offer.... just collect their form when next it's out for short service and hopefully try to get someone to help you runs it as per naija factor

3 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by labisibrass(m): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
Go ahead bro. Things are not always as bad as nairaland make them appear. I pray you get it!

2 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Elsueno: 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:

All u need is here

https://www.nairaland.com/2879148/nigerian-army-ssc-dssc-2016
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Terrence99: 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2021
Think it twice. I personally know Nairalanders who were soldiers and were killed by Boko Haram. I mean Nairalanders who I know their monikers and used to chat with. One was even an officer in the Army.

If your mother has plenty of children, you can join. For me, I can't join until Yusuf Buhari and Osinbajo's children join the army.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Tourist123: 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2021
Food for Boko harm
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Burruchaga71(m): 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2021
Are you a northerner? If no then forget it. It's only a northerner would wake up in the morning and decide to be a soldier and then become a soldier.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by joelag: 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2021
In Asari Dokunbo's voice, sorry ooh..
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Terrence99: 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2021
OmoManU:

Op don't mind many of those haters commenting, many of them if they are given the chance they won't think twice before taking the offer.... just collect their form when next it's out for short service and hopefully try to get someone to help you runs it as per naija factor

Go and ask current serving soldiers how far their welfare.
If it is Airforce or Navy, it is good. But Army, hmmn.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by 2kurupt(m): 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:

As a graduate look out for when the sale of forms for Short Service course will commence, that is if you want to be an officer. As the name implies, it is a short but brutal training given to the elite few that will make the cut. You'll be a commissioned officer at the end of the day but the down side is preference for career growth is given to officers who joined through the Nigeria Defence Academy.

If your blood is hot and you can't make the short service intake then there's always the rank and file recruitment to look forward to. Downside to this is you'll never be an officer despite your degree.

Good luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by WycliffeSMB(m): 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by GENTLETEE(m): 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
If your motive is right then you don't have a problem. Since your mind is there you only need to be guided properly. Dont forget every profession has it's peculiarities which you have to deal with.

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by APCNig: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
After 5 years of passing through hell in a Nigerian university,you still wor go continue that the same suffer for NIGERIAN army lipsrsealed

Op,your village people don successfully succeed in playing with your head like draughts lipsrsealed

No just try am.....You better go use yourself do money ritual than to go waste yourself for sambissa forest tongue

He should donate himself to Lagos State government to do money rituals and pay Lagos external debts running into billions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by emmanuel1277: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
Just do direct short service

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by APCNig: 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
Terrence99:
Think it twice. I personally know Nairalanders who were soldiers and were killed by Boko Haram. I mean Nairalanders who I know their monikers and used to chat with. One was even an officer in the Army.

If your mother has plenty of children, you can join. For me, I can't join until Yusuf Buhari and Osinbajo's children join the army.

This young graduate too wants to donate himself to Boko Haram instead of donating himself to Lagos state government to do money rituals and pay Lagos external debts

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by APCNig: 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
emmanuel1277:
Just do direct short service

Wish for others what you wish for yourself. Why don't you go and do Medium Service and donate yourself to be used for Suya by Boko Haram and Bandits?
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by armadeo(m): 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
Short service course.

With very strong back bone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Globacom Staff Resignation Mail / Promoted Senior Nigerian Air Force Officers (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.