Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army (28581 Views)

Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? / How Much Does A BSC Holder Earn As A University Non-Academic Staff? / Should I Dump My Bsc Degree To Be A Mechanic Apprentice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by prigoz(m): 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hope no be Naija army wey dey fight Boko Haram, Bandits and kidnappers with archaic gun, if yes, pls write your will. Naija does not worth dying for. Though my humble advice

2 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Evaloyal2J(f): 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
I just feel for your mum and other of your loved ones. Upon all the news and pictures of promising youths losing their lives in both air and ground missions, you still want to toll same line.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:
Pardon my typo errors; I graduated from a federal university with bsc second class upper honours in Nigeria,I intend joining the army but I do not know my way around nor do I have someone to guide me through the process and make a good decision,I will appreciate all the advice and information given to me ,the dos and don't and the best way to apply having my degree in hand

Please I need all the advice and opinion you can give no matter how different it sounds thanks

I'll discourage you from doing so.

The Nigerian army is fodder for government-backed terrorists.

Your commander-in-chief is also the grand patron of those disturbing the peace of the country.

But if you insist, then you should wait for the direct short service program which they do every year where they recruit graduates for a 6-month training after which you become a captain.

Just check the dailies or check their websites constantly.

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Theunbothered: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:
Pardon my typo errors; I graduated from a federal university with bsc second class upper honours in Nigeria,I intend joining the army but I do not know my way around nor do I have someone to guide me through the process and make a good decision,I will appreciate all the advice and information given to me ,the dos and don't and the best way to apply having my degree in hand

Please I need all the advice and opinion you can give no matter how different it sounds thanks

Since no one wants to answer let me answer.

Apply for DSSC or direct short service commission. Get your documents, fill the paperwork, get 2 sureties and between now and next year you will be shipped off to the Nigerian Defence Academy for nine months officer training.

You will come out as a Second Lieutenant which is the lowest officer position and you can work your way up from there.

Keep in mind, there are height and health requirements and you can be denied at any time.

Also the duration of service is at least 12 years do don't join unless you are willing to spend that time.

And finally being an officer does not exempt you from combat, new recruits are usually shipped off to high conflict areas immediately after graduation.

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Hoverbird: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2021
Go through this thread it has everything you need to know about joing the army via short service actually the most informative and detailed thread about the army on nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/2879148/nigerian-army-ssc-dssc-2016
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Factsinred: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2021
Now you want to waste your parents efforts in sending you to school by joining the Nigerian army infested with Boko Haram members; and become a sacrificial lamb for the propagation of "Sharia rule" in the whole of Nigerian angry

It's either you are frustrated due to unemployment, you want to commit suicide without the courage to do it yourself or someone has taken your matter to your "village people" deliberate on.

In all of this, all I can do is to give you my "RIP" in advance and say my "take heart" to your poor parents who would be grieving very soon because of your decision to waste your life joining the Nigerian Army. undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by chatinent: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2021
VEXT:
Good one.. They pay well..175k

₦175k is not well please.

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Factsinred: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2021
Now you want to waste your parents efforts in sending you to school by joining the Nigerian army infested with Boko Haram members; and become a sacrificial lamb for the propagation of "Sharia rule" in the whole of Nigerian angry

It's either you are frustrated due to unemployment, you want to commit suicide without the courage to do it yourself or someone has taken your matter to your "village people" deliberate on.

In all of this, all I can do is to give you my "RIP" in advance and say my "take heart" to your poor parents who would be grieving very soon because of your decision to waste your life joining the Nigerian Army.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by APCNig: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2021
SimplyFacts:
I no sure say OP dey read news

Nah Big Brother Naija e dey watch

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by tradepunter: 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:

As a masters degree also, I did short service and was at the backroom operations from some operating base, then got shipped into the MOD due to vast knowledge in all things technical and communications.

You will most likely not be on the field due to your degree, more in background operations.

If you have good knowledge in signals and communications along with some equipment operations. Then you would work from operations base

Do note I had connection who only put weight behind the vetting process.

Just be technically sound and your skills will move you

3 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by FreedomArmy: 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
Army work no be work. Did you hear that bandit attacked the NDA base and killed officers?

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by OmoManU: 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
Terrence99:

Go and ask current serving soldiers how far their welfare.
If it is Airforce or Navy, it is good. But Army, hmmn.

Different strokes for different folks op u get that, many guys are in the army doing short service and doing wonderfully well. Bsc for short service is 2nd lieutenant and starting basic salary is surely above 100k with many many other benefits and career growth, u people should stop the habits of discouraging people

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by emmanuel1277: 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
APCNig:

Wish for others what you wish for yourself. Why don't you go and do Medium Service and donate yourself to be used for Suya by Boko Haram and Bandits?
Bro when you come out from DSC you wont be thrown to the front lines oh
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by chatinent: 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2021
aduje:
If it is US Army or British Army congrats. But For Nigerian Army, you can go at your peril. I pity you the more if you join Nigerian Army of today and you are a Southerner or Christian. Like my dad would always say... "The grass is greener when viewing from the opposite direction"

Army is army. It's trash everywhere.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2021
chatinent:

₦175k is not well please.

Depends on where you live.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by SeunNotOwner: 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
post=105773178:

God be with you and see you through as you go through this journey.
God will ALWAYS be your guard and guide.
It will end in praise for you.
Ignore anyone laughing at your dreams and aspirations.

We Rise.

You of all people, Is that all you can type?
What about telling to apply for DSSC or SSC
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by joepentwo(m): 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
Pls can someone help with a phone or laptop.
My business is down without access to the internet, I barely feed myself.

Location is Uyo... I Appreciate in advance
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Dukeolumidemans(m): 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:

Nigeria Army?? Op after all what is happening in Nigeria and all the news flying upndan, u still want to join the Nigerian Army? I sincerely think u need to go for a medical checkup especially in the area of ur brain if ur from the South.

On a second thought, u can't be real with this intension except ur from the North or a DSS/Agent gathering info for use....I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by RapistOnBail: 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2021

Omo,

But why?

Is it money that’s ur problem or you need a career to enhance ur life?

Well,

What I know is that, for about 15 years of your trade in the military, you wouldn’t make anything reasonable in life.

Maybe when you’ve attained the height of colonel or equivalent in other arm of services that you’d boast of something reasonable in life.

15 years is enough to become a multi billionaire if you can start up a profitable business from scratch.

It’s upto you to decide.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by SeunNotOwner: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:

As a graduate, Your option is to APPLY through DSSC or SSC you will come out with 2nd Leut rank and will be able to serve in the army for 10-15 years.

https://ims.army.mil.ng/military-secretary

The good thing about this opportunity is that after 5 or 8 years of service, you can resign from the army. You will receive your training for 9 months at the Nigeria Defense Academy (NDA Kaduna) and the training won't be like the private soldiers recruitment.

One major problem is that, the DSSC and SSC application is very competitive and hard to get. But if you have God's backing, a very strong godfather, support from a top army officer with least rank of major, or an endorsement from your state top political office holder, you stand a better chance.

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by RapistOnBail: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
TripleOh7:

I'll discourage you from doing so.

The Nigerian army is fodder for government-backed terrorists.

Your commander-in-chief is also the grand patron of those disturbing the peace of the country.

But if you insist, then you should wait for the direct short service program which they do every year where they recruit graduates for a 6-month training after which you become a captain.

Just check the dailies or check their websites constantly.
2nd Lieutenant. Not captain.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by chatinent: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
TripleOh7:

Depends on where you live.

Anywhere you live in Nigeria as a soldier, it's not well.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by CapitalBank: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:

So in everything happening, you no see another thing do with your life, na heavily compromised Nigerian Army you want to join. If you are a Southerner, look for something else do do with your life but if you wish to die before your time, then feel free to proceed.

I don't know how you people will be in a country and not have an idea of the kind of evil politics being played to render your life useless and you still feel the army is the best place to build on.

To give you an idea... there are hundreds of soldiers languishing in prison for speaking against injustice as it relates to bokoharam attacks on soldiers while same bokoharam is being pardoned and reintegrated into the society. Is that the kind of life you want for yourself? Is that what you really want to do with your life?

Young man, go and learn a digital skill. spend time on Youtube and learn. You will make money with what you learn if you are determined.

4 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Festflor: 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
It's your funeral.

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Omotaday(m): 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
APCNig:
Lazy youth, go and find work.

Nigerian Army is an association of generationally cursed idiots. They run away from bandits. These same bandits take the fight to the Army battalion at their base and kill the useless soldiers like common goats. Yet, the same useless soldier ants terrorise the citizens on the streets.

That's the association you want to join. Definitely, you are an unfortunate fellow.

Save small money and Japaa before Fulani herdsmen or the useless soldiers brutalize you. Those who will advise you to stay and build Nigeria are on their way to the airport or currently saving money to Japaaa but they will advise you to stay and build a fraudulent contraption that was designed by the hearts British to fail
You are so f00lish. If every Nigeria soldier should resign or if no one applies with the Nigerian Army, don't you think you will be somewhere in Damboa being fvcked by one of Boko boys commander in the ass right now? or in Zamfara picking firewood for Bandit commanders?

3 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Collins4u1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:
Because that's the career I choose and I see for myself only in that profession

Liar, your quest for power will end you sooner or later.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by shinajude(m): 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
You buy form for direct short service immediately it comes out since you are using you degree don't buy the recruit form o
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by alizma: 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:
Pardon my typo errors; I graduated from a federal university with bsc second class upper honours in Nigeria,I intend joining the army but I do not know my way around nor do I have someone to guide me through the process and make a good decision,I will appreciate all the advice and information given to me ,the dos and don't and the best way to apply having my degree in hand in

I will advise you not to join the army because it appears that is not your calling.
You may want to know why I said so;
My reason is that if that is your calling, I bet you would have known your way as early as when you were in year two.
All through your days in school, meeting and passingby several military personnel, you never had the courage and passion to ask them to tell you how to get through the process until now, definitely you don't belong there bro.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Temidayo1979: 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
Guy if u are a graduate and wish to join the army . what you nid to do is to apply for DSSC which mean direct short service commission. Don't be scared follow yr dream. U can Google it and know when the form would be out. Thank me later
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Kaiser20: 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:

This Buhari regime is not the best time to join the Army.
Just wait till 2023 when the Bullion van boss Tinubu will become president, he will bribe all the Bandits in the north.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by malel1: 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2021
kenzysmith:
Biggest clown on earth u feel say buhari men wan look weda u get bsc
Na simple question he go ask
Is he a northern? No sir but he have bsc sir
What my business if he have bsc

Send him to samibisa forest make sure he is at the front .

Lolll very funny
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by AkanjiNaira: 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Two things are involved:

1. You don't read news.
2. You don't have any compassion for your parents.

As in, wettin dey do the guy. No be village people work be this ?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week / About Schleez Limited / Pregnant Unmarried Policewoman: Ekiti AG Drags IGP, Others To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.