Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army (28231 Views)

Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? / How Much Does A BSC Holder Earn As A University Non-Academic Staff? / Should I Dump My Bsc Degree To Be A Mechanic Apprentice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Hassanmaye(m): 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
Terrence99:
Think it twice. I personally know Nairalanders who were soldiers and were killed by Boko Haram. I mean Nairalanders who I know their monikers and used to chat with. One was even an officer in the Army.

If your mother has plenty of children, you can join. For me, I can't join until Yusuf Buhari and Osinbajo's children join the army.
Are you sure
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Hassanmaye(m): 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
Burruchaga71:
Are you a northerner? If no then forget it. It's only a northerner would wake up in the morning and decide to be a soldier and then become a soldier.
Hahahhahahaha
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Hassanmaye(m): 11:18pm On Sep 13, 2021
Theunbothered:

Since no one wants to answer let me answer.

Apply for DSSC or direct short service commission. Get your documents, fill the paperwork, get 2 sureties and between now and next year you will be shipped off to the Nigerian Defence Academy for nine months officer training.

You will come out as a Second Lieutenant which is the lowest officer position and you can work your way up from there.

Keep in mind, there are height and health requirements and you can be denied at any time.

Also the duration of service is at least 12 years do don't join unless you are willing to spend that time.

And finally being an officer does not exempt you from combat, new recruits are usually shipped off to high conflict areas immediately after graduation.
You just scared me, do you mean even short service Go to war? I thought na recruit alone
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Hassanmaye(m): 11:20pm On Sep 13, 2021
RapistOnBail:

Omo,

But why?

Is it money that’s ur problem or you need a career to enhance ur life?

Well,

What I know is that, for about 15 years of your trade in the military, you wouldn’t make anything reasonable in life.

Maybe when you’ve attained the height of colonel or equivalent in other arm of services that you’d boast of something reasonable in life.

15 years is enough to become a multi billionaire if you can start up a profitable business from scratch.

It’s upto you to decide.

Goodluck!

Hahahhahahaha you scared me o, do you mean no career growth in the army please tell me you are joking
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Hassanmaye(m): 11:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
Omotaday:
You are so f00lish. If every Nigeria soldier should resign or if no one applies with the Nigerian Army, don't you think you will be somewhere in Damboa being fvcked by one of Boko boys commander in the ass right now? or in Zamfara picking firewood for Bandit commanders?
True
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Terrence99: 11:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Are you sure

Major Deathmachine of 54rc,
Lieut. Donbobes

Both Nairalanders, both killed at the front lines.

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by wisdomkid: 12:03am On Sep 14, 2021
cry cry cry cry cry
SimplyFacts:
Two things are involved:

1. You don't read news.
2. You don't have any compassion for your parents.

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Coolgent(m): 12:23am On Sep 14, 2021
post=105773178:

God be with you and see you through as you go through this journey.
God will ALWAYS be your guard and guide.
It will end in praise for you.
Ignore anyone laughing at your dreams and aspirations.

We Rise.

Only sensible comment so far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by nairamaniac: 1:43am On Sep 14, 2021
Terrence99:

Major Deathmachine of 54rc,
Lieut. Donbobes

Both Nairalanders, both killed at the front lines.

Pls what were their monikers on nairaland?
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by hope4nigeria(m): 3:41am On Sep 14, 2021
IQscanner:
Because that's the career I choose and I see for myself only in that profession
you go and obtain dss from, mind you will be posted to gamboru ngala, you won't be a real soldier as infantry will call you corper, when it surp with BH, you will become the real soldier byforce dead or alive
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by calcal: 3:48am On Sep 14, 2021
IQscanner:
Pardon my typo errors; I graduated from a federal university with bsc second class upper honours in Nigeria,I intend joining the army but I do not know my way around nor do I have someone to guide me through the process and make a good decision,I will appreciate all the advice and information given to me ,the dos and don't and the best way to apply having my degree in hand

Please I need all the advice and opinion you can give no matter how different it sounds thanks

BSc 2/1 olodo, den go turn to suya
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by RapistOnBail: 4:01am On Sep 14, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Hahahhahahaha you scared me o, do you mean no career growth in the army please tell me you are joking
There is.

Most likely when you’ve become a senior man in service

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Tundex911: 2:20pm On Sep 14, 2021
So despite your BSc you never still get sense bah

Smh
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2021
Bro why do you wanna die for Nigeria don't you have a brother that can use you to do money ritual instead its better to die for your family than nigeria.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Terrence99: 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2021
nairamaniac:

Pls what were their monikers on nairaland?

Deathmachine
Donbobes
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Dashlish12: 4:20am On Jan 30, 2022
Kezmanp:

Best comments though!! Do not be discourage
. Good morning bro, im having difficulties responding to u on the car section; this is my digit- zero eight one 35 16 thirty seventy. Thank you
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Gudmann97: 10:56am On Sep 11, 2023
Lewisjohnson:

I will register Ssc recruitment by 2024,
I tink i will need ur help sir,
if i die i die...................

DM me bro... I'm also intend applying for 2024

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today. / Isah Barde, From Kano Who Designs Moving Robot With Cardboards / Ifeanyi, The Physically Challenged Mechanic In Abakaliki (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.