Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,810 members, 7,824,372 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father (45094 Views)

Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property / 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by spelleti: 7:31am On Sep 16, 2021
Oga ur son reincated from your father you better believe that there is reincation
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by blueblood1(m): 7:32am On Sep 16, 2021
Mercychen:
What are you insinuating then?
That your wife played away match with your father or your just scared he looks like your late dad?

If it's the latter, then it's your father who has come back to live with you.

Just open your mouth and talk rubbish. How can he insinuate away match? Women and cheating, 5 and 6
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by lilije(f): 7:32am On Sep 16, 2021
GorillaApp:

It happens. In genetics, we have recessive and dominant genes. Your fathers gene was recessive in you ( was not expressed in you but was there all the same) but became dominant in your son( was expressed). That's the science behind it. Nothing to be scared off. I don't believe in the reincarnation stuff too.

Exactly. My elder sisters' children look exactly alike. If you see these boys, you would think they are birthed by the same parents.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Ubdavis(m): 7:33am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:
My wife gave birth to 3boys and one girl for me,my last son scares me a lot because whenever I see him, it's like am before my father.they look alike,talk alike and behaviours too, it's really scarry

Why did u choose to distract us with this??
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by LegendaryArnold(m): 7:33am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:
My wife gave birth to 3boys and one girl for me,my last son scares me a lot because whenever I see him, it's like am before my father.they look alike,talk alike and behaviours too, it's really scarry

We need pictures
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Franky9584(m): 7:34am On Sep 16, 2021
Who u want mk he resemble bf?...mayb ur father in-law or wot?

There are some things nairaland shouldn't allow to be posted here ..mtchewww!
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by omoadeleye(m): 7:34am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

I look like my mom's elder bro, talk like him and walk like him.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by emonis88: 7:34am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

Am 47 years old,that my son was born 20 years after my father died,so my wife did not get to meet with my father,I don't believe in reincarnation,the truth is that I don't look like my father,but this my son does,both the way my father walks,talks and everything,that gets me scared
U might not necessarily look like ur dad, but u got his DNA, so u r bound to give birth to a child that looks like him. U might also talk like ur dad but u won't know, u should be happy, u r a true son of ur dad, now u ve a true grandson of ur dad, no need for DNA test here.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Giftexx: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2021
Take that young lads advice very seriously henceforth.
Stuffs like..."dad don't go", dad let's pray"
dad do it like this...
...best of luck
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Abimbola29(m): 7:39am On Sep 16, 2021
Op you don't have anything to worry about,take for instance I have an uncle who lives in America,when he had his first child,his wife was worried that who does this child looks like,he laughed at his wife,the girl looks exactly like my aunt that lives in osun state,my uncle wife has never meet this woman before.now my step brother,we shear same father,I was just told his son looks exactly like me,a Child I have not meet his mum,he was born in the us also the thing just week me .

1 Like

Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Darreytinho10(m): 7:40am On Sep 16, 2021
BabaTunde grin
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by chloedogie(m): 7:44am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

Genetics at play. I have a lhasa apso dog all white. I crossed her with a 80% black haired male dog hoping she will give birth to a black dog which i crave. Erita gave birth to 7 puppies and she had 6 all white pups and one with black stripes not up to 15percent of the entire body.

Fast forward 8 month later, I crossed my female dog with another all white male dog without any single hair not white on his body. Erita gave birth to 5 puppies. One white with stripes of brown and for puppies fully black/brown colour. It was scary but a little biology of some decades before relived my surprise.

Picture 1 showing male and female dogs crossing.

Picture 2 showing the puppies

Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by airsaylongcome: 7:44am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

I don't believe in reincarnation but this one scares me o

Why does it? I for example look, talk and sound exactly like my dad. There's oy one picture of him where I agree that it could have been me in that picture. But everyone else swears I am him. Even my mum couldn't tell the difference when we spoke on the phone.

You carry your Dad's DNA so it's expected that somewhere along the line, one of your offsprings (children or further down) will look like him

2 Likes

Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by malvisguy212: 7:44am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

I don't believe in reincarnation but this one scares me o
moment an atheist saw evidence , God exist, became scared lol
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by frankmoney(m): 7:45am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

Am 47 years old,that my son was born 20 years after my father died,so my wife did not get to meet with my father,I don't believe in reincarnation,the truth is that I don't look like my father,but this my son does,both the way my father walks,talks and everything,that gets me scared
oga it's called genes
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by adecz: 7:46am On Sep 16, 2021
It's normal.

▶️The average child will either look
like his immediate parents or like
any of the grandparents..

▶️At times, it can even get to the
level of the child's great grandparents.
That's the power & mystery of genetics.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Realmarvel1989(m): 7:48am On Sep 16, 2021
The spirit of your father is back to live

Maybe your dad didn't die at the right time

He has come to live again
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 16, 2021
Why are you scared?

Did you kill your father?

Jokes aside, it's a natural thing. Some genes stay dormant for a generation and manifest in subsequent generations.

This article explains it well - https://www.scienceabc.com/eyeopeners/why-do-some-people-look-more-like-their-grandparents.html

owenseddies40:
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by emperor863(m): 7:48am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

Exactly what I was thinking to be the source of your worries. The answers are found in genetics and the study of the DNA.

To paraphrase what is going on;

you have all the genes (DNA) of your father but you do not look like him because those genes were recessive to other genes. These other genes are a myriad (very many) and could he from so many people, your mother, grand father, grand mother etc.

Now you have acted as a carrier of these genes from your father to your son and your son is showing (expressing) them because they are dominant in him, I.e. your son.

I have a similar case where my last son looks exactly like my late younger brother. There is a resemblance between my brother and I but this boy in question looks much more like my late brother than me. My brother died more than two years before my son was born.

It is a normal thing and is caused by the influence of genes on all living organisms. Don't let anybody talk about reincarnation or any such thrash to you.

Love and cherish your son, he is here to remind you of you father

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by InaNla(f): 7:48am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

Go for Deliverance.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by owenseddies40(m): 7:48am On Sep 16, 2021
Carchoice:
Nothing to be worried about. Your late father is back. You should ask the old little man how it is on the other side. grin

Even when I spank the boy, whenever he behaves childish,I still feel like i just spanked my father
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by frowland(m): 7:48am On Sep 16, 2021
Justbehave:
How old are you by the way? Being your father's son,you should also look like him in a way . So if your son looks like your father,it means he looks like you.
[s]Have you heard of reincarnation? Do you believe in it? Answer all this and find the answer you re seeking for. [/s]Or are you saying your wife slept with your Dad?
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by BigDawsNet: 7:49am On Sep 16, 2021
It's called genetics

I'm the only one among my siblings that looks just like my fada...

Facial lookalike

We talk alike

We even share same genotype

Sometimes if I have to receive his call just to inform the caller to chil for a sec...they start a conversation right away....and I will be like...sir I'm is son...let me pass the fone...

The caller will be like let's continue our discussion no time for jokes now...

I go just dey laff

2 Likes

Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by IbileIfe: 7:50am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:
BABATUNDE ni!
Don't be afraid!
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by frowland(m): 7:50am On Sep 16, 2021
crackhaus:
It could just be genetics at play. No cause for alarm...

It is not could.
……If it’s not genes at play what else?

What we don’t understand, we fear…”
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by shedy03(m): 7:51am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:
You should name him after your father.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by kaynex(m): 7:52am On Sep 16, 2021
Run o
angry

owenseddies40:

Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Agbebakun22: 7:54am On Sep 16, 2021
okoroemeka:
it is nothing to worry about,it is not any reincarnation nonsense,it is purely genetics, traits and heredity,a human being can inherit many characters of an ancestor that died 50 years before he was born,both physical features,speech, behavior,the resemblance can sometimes be so uncanny that during the olden days they will say the dead has come back to life

Just like Mesut OZil and Enzo Ferrari, they resemble die but never related anywhere

Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Angelawhite(m): 7:56am On Sep 16, 2021
C2020:
Hi good people of nairaland
Please have mercy on me I truly need your help . my name is Celestine,
this is what I have been doing through for the past 13 yrs,how I wish my spinal cord injury didn't affect my upper limps I would have been more independent on my own but right now I depends on people for some task.like disposal of my urine and pool

Providing our daily needs has been proving very difficulty for us.the suffering my mother is passing through saddened my soul . she is a BP and diabetic patient
Please come to our aid I need your financial help to me go for medical. no matter how little it help us get medication and food and other basic nessesary health care need s
This video below is how I used to come down from the mountain side I stayed all this year indoor . whenever there is emergency
For confirmation of my condition and other details you can reach me on the phone no on the pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_d08Xistuw
Video evidence on my signature

Current location:Afam uzoegwu street Nkpor Anambra State.i am available for physical verification thanks

I get 2k to send. Reply with your account number
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by owenseddies40(m): 7:56am On Sep 16, 2021
okoroemeka:
it is nothing to worry about,it is not any reincarnation nonsense,it is purely genetics, traits and heredity,a human being can inherit many characters of an ancestor that died 50 years before he was born,both physical features,speech, behavior,the resemblance can sometimes be so uncanny that during the olden days they will say the dead has come back to life

Exactly my case,now with all the comments that I got from my lovely Nairanders I have learnt new things this year that would remain with me all my life,I can now also lecture others on this topic.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Olodo24: 7:56am On Sep 16, 2021
Reincarnation is real. My sister's daughter looks like our late mother
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by thesis(m): 8:01am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

It is not rocket science, it is just genes. Check Gregor Mendel laws.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Don’t Have joystick Erection Over My Wife’s Nagging Attitude- Husband (pic) / Elderly Nigerian Couple On A Romantic Date At A Park / A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.