Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father (45059 Views)

Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property / 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by arantess: 8:01am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

Am 47 years old,that my son was born 20 years after my father died,so my wife did not get to meet with my father,I don't believe in reincarnation,the truth is that I don't look like my father,but this my son does,both the way my father walks,talks and everything,that gets me scared
It's simple genetics
Your father's genes are recessive in you but dominant in his F2 generation
Don't be afraid
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:03am On Sep 16, 2021
Am surprise you don't believe in reincarnation. .science will tell you its genetics but here in Africa we call it the spirit of our father's....
Your son is your late father who reincarnated back to life and to you cos he loves you so much..let not his behaviour and attitude scares you instead lead him to a better path and make him better n even richer thannhe was in his past life which you know.
I had been in this shoes and I know what am saying. ..reincarnation is real and I wouldn't want to say much before nairaland people begin fear person.

Cheers!
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by owenseddies40(m): 8:04am On Sep 16, 2021
Skepticus:

Stop raising issues where there are no issues. Since your father wasn't alive when you married, what you see is genetics at play. The shared look with your father is genetic dominance at play which didn't reflect on your phenotypically.

I don't know what you meant by me raising issues,I have been taught what I didn't know before now by good Nairanders.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Officialseriki: 8:05am On Sep 16, 2021
Report him to the nearest police station or Dss office..

owenseddies40:
My wife gave birth to 3boys and one girl for me,my last son scares me a lot because whenever I see him, it's like am before my father.they look alike,talk alike and behaviours too, it's really scarry
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by sandra50(f): 8:06am On Sep 16, 2021
Oga go for DNA before you make the biggest mistake in life by accusing your wife of such evil..carry out DNA test in all your kids but first start with the son you just talked about then when you have money you can take the rest..I don't know why men wouldn't just make it a must to carry out DNA on all their kids.
owenseddies40:
My wife gave birth to 3boys and one girl for me,my last son scares me a lot because whenever I see him, it's like am before my father.they look alike,talk alike and behaviours too, it's really scarry
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Blaqpsalm(m): 8:07am On Sep 16, 2021
So out of all the problem wey we get for this country....this one na ur own.

Ok na... continue to dey collect important news for this ur family wahala
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by descartes400: 8:08am On Sep 16, 2021
angelfallz:
Reincarnation.

naah! make e go do spiritual DNA oo..
you never see wia ghost dey look left and right before e cross road
or even the one wey ghost dey impregnate woman...this is all according to our nollywood! cheesy

1 Like

Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by tete7000(m): 8:09am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

Am 47 years old,that my son was born 20 years after my father died,so my wife did not get to meet with my father,I don't believe in reincarnation,the truth is that I don't look like my father,but this my son does,both the way my father walks,talks and everything,that gets me scared
Recessive genes... Have you read about that? Did you do a bit of secondary school biology (hereditary). You carry part of your father genes recessively in you and transferred them to your son. So no big deal, except of course if you have something against your father and hates to be reminded about him, but should that be the case, please don't maltreat the innocent boy because of any grouse between you and your father. He has nothing to do with you both, he is just on his own. And should you have done something hidden against your father that haunt you once you see your son, find a someone in your house to talk to and seek forgiveness. Outside all these, you should indeed be happy your son resembles your old man, I won't mind having my son looks and thinks like my own father. His life influences who I am today and what I have become. A great mentor and a teacher par excellence, no nonsense but very considerate man. May he continue to rest in peace.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by 989900: 8:09am On Sep 16, 2021
Genes: you 'may' actually be looking, gesticulating, talking, walking etc. exactly like someone in your lineage (paternal or maternal) who died some 50-900 years ago.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by owenseddies40(m): 8:09am On Sep 16, 2021
richmond500:
its reincarnation, its a gene, i have heard a news of a Chinese lady giving birth to a black dude, the reason is that her grandfather is a black man.

Mendelian law says that "there is a gene which could be hidden in the first generation(the children) but that gene is dormant, there is actually a chance that the gene could appear in the second generation, it this case the grandchildren.

I believe you,the truth is that I look like my mother, from what I have learnt from Nairanders although i look like my mother,I still have my father's gene in me,I now transferred that my father's gene in me to my son,hence the crazy resemblance

Ur fathers gene is in u and u gave it to ur child
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2021
emmykk:

You are very illiterate...
One of his son look exactly like his father is an already certified copy of the family.
I am very illiterate??
How can I be very illiterate??
Who looks like the illiterate now??
You, of course.

Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 16, 2021
richmond500:
lolz, Bro, I was just telling u things like this happen, I no deh swallow u.

Good morning
Good morning, dear.
How was your night?? smiley
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 16, 2021
Kimdhayor:

���� Lol ...dont be too serious na, you this ppl ehn �
Oga, wetin we do na?? undecided
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by angelfallz(m): 8:15am On Sep 16, 2021
grin grin grin
descartes400:

naah! make e go do spiritual DNA oo..
you never see wia ghost dey look left and right before e cross road
or even the one wey ghost dey impregnate woman...this is all according to our nollywood! cheesy
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Olam09(m): 8:18am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:
That's what we call incarnation.. as time goes on when he grow older it'll start fading off
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Coolgent(m): 8:18am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

Thank God he dead before your Son was born otherwise some silly thoughts will emanate.
Well i look my my late Father and my Son look lik me
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by true2god: 8:20am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:
I don't believe in reincarnation but this one scares me o
You don’t have to believe in reincarnation but it is 100% real.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Goldbw122(m): 8:26am On Sep 16, 2021
That is TRUE Dna for you.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Bahamas95(m): 8:27am On Sep 16, 2021
I don't see any cause for alarm here, it's the family gene. Blood is thicker than water.

In my family (paternal) we all have this trademark resemblance, even without telling anyone our surname we are easily identified in the village.....I have many cousins that look like me or my siblings, I haven't even seen some physically before. Even my uncles are carbon copy of my dad.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 16, 2021
Justbehave:
How old are you by the way? Being your father's son,you should also look like him in a way . So if your son looks like your father,it means he looks like you.
Have you heard of reincarnation? Do you believe in it? Answer all this and find the answer you re seeking for. Or are you saying your wife slept with your Dad?

The father came to him and he is scared

Nna ya biara nwa ya uwa
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

Am 47 years old,that my son was born 20 years after my father died, so my wife did not get to meet with my father, I don't believe in reincarnation,the truth is that I don't look like my father, but this my son does, both the way my father walks, talks and everything, that gets me scared
grin hahaha it is not about what you believe , i remember one story similar to yours, but the only difference is the young man remembered his previous life, so when his daughter spank him or do something he doesn't like, he would tell her she treated her well when she was growing up, and he only came back because he promise her to always be by her side before he departed, at least your son has not started recalling memory of his previous life with you so you are still safe. Even Ghandi had a documented cases of reincarnation , that is why I laugh at people not fixing their country, the would all still reincarnate back to that country.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

I don't believe in reincarnation but this one scares me o

Now u believe ��...

Let me tell you something, ur son won't attend the burial of anyone whom ur father brought to this world,else he won't be live to see next day(don't be scared) and if u guys are killing cow for ur late father, he shouldn't be there nor hear the sound of the gun nor eat out of the meat or anything from there...

Well,ur mom and elders will be there to guide you... lol...

Igbo traditions.... omenani igbo ...
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by vaxx: 8:33am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:
what is the big deal . But becareful you loved the boy. I am a full carbon copy of my grandfather, the resemblance is so much that any of my family member recognised me anywhere even if they are out of sight for many years .

I don't need to introduce myself whenever I visit my family house .
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:33am On Sep 16, 2021
Ofadaman:
Its normal , some genes are recessive and comes out later, for instance, I take no resemblance to my dad or mum, but anytime I visit the village , people call me by my grandfather,I bear so much resemblance with him, he was a great medicine man, so you can imagine reverence I get when I visit the village.

Some think, my grandfather has returned , but within me, since I'm educated I think it's just trash, but I enjoy the attention, at times I just do something absurd just to scare everyone a little, e.g. dance to an old music he loved, or shout an old slang he used to say.

That cracked me up! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by C2020b: 8:34am On Sep 16, 2021
Angelawhite:

I get 2k to send. Reply with your account number
thank for your concern my account is on my profile/signature if I type here it will got ban sorry I couldn't reply you on C2020 moniker ɓ4 mod ban me I am also available for confirmation to convince you more
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by woleabayo(f): 8:35am On Sep 16, 2021
make we go die
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Aarenasbaba(m): 8:37am On Sep 16, 2021
Scary
How?
Some people are like that
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Nicoswit(m): 8:37am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:
That's Babatunde
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by Babastrong(m): 8:40am On Sep 16, 2021
So you don't trust your father again ?
but you forgot to tell us the type of person your father is.
OK, Here is my contribution.
1. if your father is alive and a wayward father, you need to do DNA test.
2. If your father is late and the boy resemble your father. The other two children need DNA test to confirm their legality.
Ire ooooo
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by seunayantokun(m): 8:42am On Sep 16, 2021
No big deal bro.
I see myself and my elder brother in my sons just as my younger sister has children that resemble mine - her children look more like us. That's God's work.
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:45am On Sep 16, 2021
angelfallz:
Reincarnation.
Genetics. shocked
Re: One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father by fasterwell(m): 8:47am On Sep 16, 2021
owenseddies40:

Just be happy because your father loved you so much that he decided to reincarnate as a son to you.

All you need to do used to guide him well to fulfill his dreams which he never be filled in his pastor life.

My maternal grandfather is now my immediate younger brother and the truth is he was the one who confessed oh he was before everyone because when he was alive he visited my dad and problems touring can it in his family and that was what he did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Elderly Nigerian Couple On A Romantic Date At A Park / I Don’t Have joystick Erection Over My Wife’s Nagging Attitude- Husband (pic) / What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.