Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,899 members, 7,828,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Does Guys In The Western World Do Wedding Contribution? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Guys In The Western World Do Wedding Contribution? (449 Views)

With Hook Ups,runs Girls, Oloshos.does Guys Still Keep Girlfriends? / Can Any Woman In This World Do This? / Does Guys Like This Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Guys In The Western World Do Wedding Contribution? by Ekakamba: 11:58am On Sep 16, 2021
Just asking outta curiosity.

Most guys have been making contributions of nothing less than 5k naira per any wedding group (WG) they have been part of. In recent years (2019-date), the amount seems to rose to a minimum of 10k naira per WG. Thanks to Whatsapp for making intending grooms easily set up their wedding groups at no cost, with a feature to add contributors as much as 250.

I have been remitting my contribution without hesitation, this is my first time having a rethink; not because of the amount but because of the number of WGs I have been added to.

When the week started, I was already added to 3 WGs on WhatsApp, guess what? Na 11 WGs I dey so now, slowly rising from Monday to Wednesday like Nigeria inflation. As I reach office dis morning, I sharperly skimmed thru the WGs to get a glimpse of what is required of participants, omo to contribute for all 12 groups, it will cost me at least 160,000.00 naira (excluding suits/agbada) . All wedding dates fall within last quarter of this year. grin

I just picked one WG wey I know say the manchi dey close to me small, send am 15k. Was contemplating on having bigger Smart TV since January, and I have come to conclusion this morning. Seems like I just made a profit grin of 145k for this last quarter, all I gotta do is to add at least 155k and boom! An awesome big Telly! undecided

Re: Does Guys In The Western World Do Wedding Contribution? by Ekakamba: 11:58am On Sep 16, 2021
grin tongue
Re: Does Guys In The Western World Do Wedding Contribution? by Blake755: 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
I won't be surprised if this makes fp
Re: Does Guys In The Western World Do Wedding Contribution? by richmond500: 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2021
Blake755:
I won't be surprised if this makes fp
neither will i
Re: Does Guys In The Western World Do Wedding Contribution? by Darammliveth(m): 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2021
I don't think so
Re: Does Guys In The Western World Do Wedding Contribution? by Darammliveth(m): 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2021
richmond500:
neither will i

Me too
Re: Does Guys In The Western World Do Wedding Contribution? by Sonnobax15(m): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2021
grin
Na wa oh
Re: Does Guys In The Western World Do Wedding Contribution? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ekakamba:
Just asking outta curiosity.

Most guys have been making contributions of nothing less than 5k naira per any wedding group (WG) they have been part of. In recent years (2019-date), the amount seems to rose to a minimum of 10k naira per WG. Thanks to Whatsapp for making intending grooms easily set up their wedding groups at no cost, with a feature to add contributors as much as 250.

I have been remitting my contribution without hesitation, this is my first time having a rethink; not because of the amount but because of the number of WGs I have been added to.

When the week started, I was already added to 3 WGs on WhatsApp, guess what? Na 11 WGs I dey so now, slowly rising from Monday to Wednesday like Nigeria inflation. As I reach office dis morning, I sharperly skimmed thru the WGs to get a glimpse of what is required of participants, omo to contribute for all 12 groups, it will cost me at least 160,000.00 naira (excluding suits/agbada) . All wedding dates fall within last quarter of this year. grin

I just picked one WG wey I know say the manchi dey close to me small, send am 15k. Was contemplating on having bigger Smart TV since January, and I have come to conclusion this morning. Seems like I just made a profit grin of 145k for this last quarter, all I gotta do is to add at least 155k and boom! An awesome big Telly! undecided

whats "wedding group"?! people in the west give towards wedding during the actual ceremony/party... its called WEDDING GIFTS which is usually money or things for the house of the newlyweds
Re: Does Guys In The Western World Do Wedding Contribution? by Vinnie2000(m): 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
Hmmm..
One small reason, I don't do those Sec sch or University Ex students WhatsApp Group thingy..

Financial Contributions Up and Down!! sad

Once Contributions time reach, I Uninstall Quick! wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Does Guys In The Western World Do Wedding Contribution? by Ekakamba: 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

whats "wedding group"?! people in the west give towards wedding during the actual ceremony/party... its called WEDDING GIFTS which is usually money or things for the house of the newlyweds

Wedding group - I mean a committee of friends et al, seems that has been abandon now. They just create a WhatsApp group and ask for support.

At the bolded, oh! That means homies dey double tax us. We go support, still carry gift go wedding.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

12 Early Signs A Relationship Won’t Last / Guys: Will You Accept This Baby / This Song Is For Ladies That Ignore You And Then Come Back After You Blow(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.