Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. (10564 Views)

Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria / After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... / Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by damoneymag(m): 3:22pm On Sep 16, 2021
High unemployment rate: My opinion

Current unemployment rate in Nigeria as at quarter 4 2020, stands at 33.3% according to the Nigerian bureau of statistics NBS. This simply means more than half of our working population which stands at 69.7millions persons are either outrightly doing nothing of working jobs that can not guarantee their daily survival in this hostile economy of ours. This unemployment rate is an all time high and Nigeria is only second to Namibia when it comes to unemployment.

I don't think this information should come as a surprise to anyone in his/her right senses. But the baffling thing about thing is, the government have chosen to play the ostrich and engaging in cosmetic approach to solving this menacing problem.

The fact remains our educational system and curriculum, are tailored to create job seekers not job creators. A Nigerian graduate after national service, is totally clueless on how to survive without a nine to five job. Hence we see all kinds of mediocre businesses spring up here and there that end up folding up after a year or two.

There has to be a deliberate, purposeful and sincere move to root out this menacing giant from our society before it brings it to it's knees. There should be a total rejig and overhaul of our Academic curriculums, tailored uniquely to prepare young people and equip them with requisite skills needed to survive outside the four walls of a classroom.

Entrepreneurship and skill acquisition should be taught from secondary up to tatiary Level of education. It should be made compulsory in WAEC and the exams should be exhibition based and not theory based. Every student upon graduation from secondary school should have a vocational skill, as well as an IT skill. By IT I don't mean how to turn on and off a computer as we are seeing today, I mean graphics, coding, hacking and to mention but a few.

The government should establish well equipped IT centers were secondary school student spend minimum of 3months a year, learning an IT skill. The school calendar should be designed to incorporate industrial training and skill acquisition. And this centers should be provided by the government.

Our subject should be tailored uniquely to solve our problem and not spending years studying things that have zero real life applications or relevance in today's society. Until then, more POS boots will keep spring up here and there and singlets and boxers vendors, will keep flooding our timeline on social media.

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Elsueno: 5:07pm On Sep 16, 2021
"The government should do dis, do dat"

First Nigerians should stop breeding out kids like it's some sort of an achievement, it doesn't matter how gud a policy is, if it can catch up to population growth!

This applies to all Nigerians, Small money person go just marry & start making babies...is dat our only purpose in life!. D reason it's so evident in d north is dis useless Almajiri system where they can just throw kids away to d public without any consequences.

Despite d incompetence & overwhelming corruption of d leaders, things won't be dis bad if our population is well controlled maybe around 70-80 million.

118 Likes 13 Shares

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by brosom(m): 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2021
It's saddening for real,.

Getting worse everything seconds of the day undecided

2 Likes

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by othermen: 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2021
There are people and industries that are gaining from high level of unemployment in the country and even internationally.

When there is unemployment, labor cost reduces. It’s because of unemployment that Dangote pays stipends to majority of its staff.

During the next executive management meeting at your favorite bank, part of what they will be discussing is how to cut low level employee cost, lay off middle level staff and take advantage of the unemployment situation in the country by bringing about casualization of the staffs.

A graduate who has been searching for job for years will jump at an opportunity though the employment conditions are dreadful or even degrading.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by jimmyolasun: 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2021
I no get anything talk but with this rain

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by labisibrass(m): 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2021
Yet, some wicked aunties would say, 'marry first, her destiny might bring job opportunities and money. Things are really hard even for those who are employed let alone those who aren't.
To y'all desperately looking for a decent paying job out there, i pray God answers your prayer!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Sonnobax15(m): 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2021
lipsrsealed
No jobs,yet our high institutions keep releasing graduates on a yearly basis.....

Ok, make person still say make he find him way out of the country,it's either village people or government agencies go put hindrance undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by dlaw70(m): 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
G
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by confirmedniggae: 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
I will always give God the praise .

Since 2007,i never stayed idle.....

That dream job of yours,you will get it soon

31 Likes

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by dbynonetwork: 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
Some have six children and are ready to add more.

Meanwhile!

JEMOC college is in need of a full time or part time physics teacher for employment.
Requirements: Bsc. Physics Education or other physical science subjects.
Ideal candidate should reside around Agric , Isawo, in Ikorodu and its environs.
Please send your application letter and CV to
JEMOCCOLLEGE@gmail.com

Thank you

1 Like

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Lastmankc(m): 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
The surest way to poverty is marrying as a poor man without reliable sources of income.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by fasho01(m): 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
No hopes in sight for this forced contraption
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
The government should establish well equipped IT centers were secondary school student spend minimum of 3months a year, learning an IT skill. The school calendar should be designed to incorporate industrial training and skill acquisition. And this centers should be provided by the government
SECONDED by all of us @[b][/b].

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by cliqtips: 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
I don't have anything to say for now.
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Xscape047: 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
Wawu
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by JimmyDarmody: 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
We need to trace the root of our problems first. Electricity needs to be 24/7.

In that case the ministry of tourism will notice a drastic increment in yearly income thereby generating jobs amongst other jobs that'll be created as a result of constant electricity.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Chidexter(m): 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
Elsueno:

First Nigerians should stop breeding out kids like it's some sort of an achievement, it doesn't matter how gud a policy is, if it can catch up to population growth!

This applies to all Nigerians, Small money person go just marry & start making babies...is dat our only purpose in life!. D reason it's so evident in d north is dis useless Almajiri system where they can just throw kids away to d public without any consequences.

Despite d incompetence & overwhelming corruption of d leaders, things won't be dis bad if our population is well controlled maybe around 70-80 million.

True, we are simply being overpopulated and since our population is over the available resources there has to be a simultaneous effort to curb the population aspect and also provide resources be it GOOD job opportunities e t.c.

4 Likes

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by kingscare1(m): 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
No be small thing.

Enough of government, let start inspiring ourselves and our kids towards making big money creatively and legitimately.

Government is failing us, don't fail yourself!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by solidmyk(m): 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
Who's to be blamed??

I think one of the mistakes most youths keep making is believing that they'd be taken care of forever by their parents or whoever is supporting them financially not knowing those parents are also looking up to them in the future as some source of investment

That thought of been taken care of have made so many youth become irresponsible of their life

There are skilled trades all over the place with minimal competition, but most of them doesn't want to go through stress and look dirty, it's just funny sometimes when some of them sees you doing most of these jobs as some kind of shit and still have the effontry to come to your dm and beg for money

2 Likes

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Ilovezzor: 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
Parents are still a major part of the problem

Allow kids choose their career parts

It doesn't always have to be medicine,law etc

Sports is a major source of employment any where in the world

Over 100sports existing even for disabled people

Even blind people have a sport

Parents should not discourage their kids from doing sports

Not every body will be a doctor

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by confirmedniggae: 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
jimmyolasun:
I no get anything talk but with this rain

wetin ds guy hold for hand and for what?
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Sheriman(m): 5:18pm On Sep 16, 2021
Easy to highlight the solution on papers but so difficult for our corrupt government to emulate those pragmatic solutions in real life.

2 Likes

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by vb0mb(m): 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2021
Elsueno:

Is Nigeria population greater than that of India or China or Brazil?

In case you don't population is economy, strength and positive factor towards development.

The problems of Nigeria has been highlighted by the op

5 Likes

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Firstorderwizard(m): 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
Elsueno:

Fact!
My neighbor (a driver) that lives in the security house that my greedy landlord converted to a single room apartment (not sef con) just gave birth to his fifth kid. I was wondering how they did the do that led to pregnancy while living with four kids and a 12 yr nanny ( the wife's younger cousin) .

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Lamanii22(f): 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
I totally love your opinion...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by rSOMA7: 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
Buhari is a terrorist
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
If you vote for either APC or PDP the rate will increase and will become worse.
The increase in unemployment has made people to become more religious.
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by oneolajire(m): 5:22pm On Sep 16, 2021
Did you listen to Angela Merkel, German Chancellor's reply to Chimmamanda Adechie's question on why Siemens has not helped Nigeria to solve her electricity problem? Then you'll know the unemployment was set up to punish Nigerians

Imagine the capital, technology, equipment, and experience Siemens would have added to Nigeria, which would have brought more than 10 million jobs.

Leadership is our problem

5 Likes

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Enormous81: 5:22pm On Sep 16, 2021
I blame Lord Lugard

2 Likes

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Skillsnigeria: 5:22pm On Sep 16, 2021
Hmmm
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by greenie77: 5:22pm On Sep 16, 2021
Elsueno:

Having children they can not adequately provide for, is an addiction for some.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Got 4 Missed Calls From Etisalat / 4 Job Openings At FHI360 - Nigeria / 4 Possible Reasons You Aren’t Getting Any Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.