Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. (10559 Views)

Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria / After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... / Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Nathan2016: 7:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
Elsueno:
"The government should do dis, do dat"

First Nigerians should stop breeding out kids like it's some sort of an achievement, it doesn't matter how gud a policy is, if it can catch up to population growth!

This applies to all Nigerians, Small money person go just marry & start making babies...is dat our only purpose in life!. D reason it's so evident in d north is dis useless Almajiri system where they can just throw kids away to d public without any consequences.

Despite d incompetence & overwhelming corruption of d leaders, things won't be dis bad if our population is well controlled maybe around 70-80 million.

Thank you oo

Both the government and citizen are playing the Ostrich.

Russia is approximately 17,098,242 sq km, while Nigeria is approximately 923,768 sq km, making Nigeria 5.4% the size of Russia. Meanwhile, the population of Russia is ~141.7 million people (72.3 million more people live in Nigeria).

3 Likes

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by faste: 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2021
Nuttella:
Yes I do, keep your opinion to yourself. Moreover, he won't come down, he will use men to do it.
probably those men are not yet born!
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Selfmotivated: 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2021
vb0mb:

Is Nigeria population greater than that of India or China or Brazil?

In case you don't population is economy, strength and positive factor towards development.

The problems of Nigeria has been highlighted by the op
Nigeria do not make use of it's enormous manpower rather they prefer to hire expatriates. If the government care, they will train personnels thereby creating jobs for many people. Vast arable land where people can be employed as farmers to boost agricultural production, they refuse; build refineries, manufacturing industries and food processing industries they are reluctant. This is pure wickedness. A blessed country wallowing in poverty.

1 Like

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Nickymichy(m): 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
I saw people talking about population bla bla... people should give birth to the number of children they can cater for... that's nice....OP is right...our problem is not population...our problem is what OP just highlighted...see ehn, Nigerians lack focus and ideas..take for instance, a guy opened a POS boot in a pal e and to God be the glory, the guy is making it. B4 you know it, about 15guys will go and open boot close to him..it's so sad...our reasoning ehn, i no fit explain...the population of India is more than the population of Africa as a whole..les not talk about China...out population is not our problem honestly
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
faste:
probably those men are not yet born!
They are, some of them are still in cave adullam, they will soon manifest.
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Jazzman01: 8:08pm On Sep 16, 2021
vb0mb:

In case you don't population is economy, strength and positive factor towards development.

Guy, whether you believe or not, it is a fact that over population is One of the major factors causing the rising number of unemployed graduates we are having these days. During the 70s and upto early 90s, things wasn't as bad as this. Infact employers used to visit universities to advertise vacancies but now the competition is very stiff.

1 Like

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Timblaze(m): 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
damoneymag:
High unemployment rate: My opinion

Entrepreneurship and skill acquisition should be taught from secondary up to tatiary Level of education. It should be made compulsory in WAEC and the exams should be exhibition based and not theory based. Every student upon graduation from secondary school should have a vocational skill, as well as an IT skill. By IT I don't mean how to turn on and off a computer as we are seeing today, I mean graphics, coding, hacking and to mention but a few.

The government should establish well equipped IT centers were secondary school student spend minimum of 3months a year, learning an IT skill. The school calendar should be designed to incorporate industrial training and skill acquisition. And this centers should be provided by the government.

Our subject should be tailored uniquely to solve our problem and not spending years studying things that have zero real life applications or relevance in today's society. Until then, more POS boots will keep spring up here and there and singlets and boxers vendors, will keep flooding our timeline on social media.
Op! You said it all
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Timblaze(m): 8:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
Entrepreneurship and skill acquisition should be taught from secondary up to tatiary Level of education. It should be made compulsory in WAEC and the exams should be exhibition based and not theory based. Every student upon graduation from secondary school should have a vocational skill, as well as an IT skill. By IT I don't mean how to turn on and off a computer as we are seeing today, I mean graphics, coding, hacking and to mention but a few.

The government should establish well equipped IT centers were secondary school student spend minimum of 3months a year, learning an IT skill. The school calendar should be designed to incorporate industrial training and skill acquisition. And this centers should be provided by the government.

Our subject should be tailored uniquely to solve our problem and not spending years studying things that have zero real life applications or relevance in today's society. Until then, more POS boots will keep spring up here and there and singlets and boxers vendors, will keep flooding our timeline on social media.[/quote]
Op! You said it all

1 Like

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Jazzman01: 8:19pm On Sep 16, 2021
Firstorderwizard:

Fact!
My neighbor (a driver) that lives in the security house that my greedy landlord converted to a single room apartment (not sef con) just gave birth to his fifth kid. I was wondering how they did the do that led to pregnancy while living with four kids and a 12 yr nanny ( the wife's younger cousin) .

Just imagine that. And sadly enough, he may not be able to train those kids well and give them quality education due to his financial incapability. The children will grow and become a nuisance to the society. I have witnessed many practical cases like that.

1 Like

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Jazzman01: 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2021
oneolajire:
Did you listen to Angela Merkel, German Chancellor's reply to Chimmamanda Adechie's question on why Siemens has not helped Nigeria to solve her electricity problem? Then you'll know the unemployment was set up to punish Nigerians

Imagine the capital, technology, equipment, and experience Siemens would have added to Nigeria, which would have brought more than 10 million jobs.

Leadership is our problem

Leadership is part of it but the major cause is our population. We've always had bad leaders but things wasn't as bad as this in the 70s to early 90s. Nowadays with our exploding population, the competition is now very stiff.
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Nefort: 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2021
Nigeriadondie:

Namibia or Equatorial Guinea with just 5 million population yet high unemployment? What you wrote is not the reason.
What do you think will happen if those countries increase their birth rate and their population rises to 150 million each? Wouldn't they be in a much worse situation? Population is not the only reason for extreme poverty but it is a big part of the reason when the citizens/government can't help themselves.

1 Like

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Dailyparrot: 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
vb0mb:

It's not about the population but the per capita income which is gross national income divided by population size.

The countries you mentioned especially China has a higher GDP to population ratio than Nigeria.
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by selfmade22: 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
Make govt open boarders abeg , give us steady light, reduce fuel price , reduce the cost of importation, build good roads Nigerians can manage the rest
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Acidosis(m): 9:46pm On Sep 16, 2021
You want programmers to start earning 15k monthly, right? It's not bad enough that some website and graphics designers now live from hand to mouth? A profession that used to be "hot" in the marketplace and still hot in many countries has now turned to "pure water" in Nigeria because of our reactive tendencies.

Nigeria is not ripe for these things bruv. Industrial revolution is what we need at this level. Lets learn how to feed, and provide our basic necessities - toothpaste, toothpick, tissue, notepad, satchet tomatoes, bags, etc.

You see this digital thing everyone wants to do because they saw piggvest, cowrywise, abeg, Kuda's model, would soon destroy the country.

We should be learning from China and Taiwan at this level, do mini manufacturing, produce chips for bigger manufacturing companies, wires, plastic, tissue paper, pen, notepad, shoes, wigs, wristwatch, wall clock, window blinds, textiles, plastic, electric bulb, etc.

Please Google "manufacturing companies in Taiwan" or check China's Alibaba. Most of your phone's components were made by locals in these country, from Samsung to Apple, etc. Just mini companies doing great stuff for the bigger companies.

These are tech stuff our people can/should do, not push everyone to learn graphics or website development. After hustling for crumbs and competing with Indians on freelance websites, what next?

To save Nigeria, graduates must massively delve into manufacturing. Website development won't feed the country. It would only take a single soul or at most a family out of poverty until the profession "cast" like POS business. Oh, we don't produce the POS machine by the way.

Imagine 20 companies trying to produce different automotive/automobile components, e.g. gearbox, tyres, car seats, etc. all doing their stuff for Toyota in Nigeria. This is the Taiwanese secret.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Acidosis(m): 9:58pm On Sep 16, 2021
A visit to your church on Sunday should make you sober. Everything in your church from microphone to speakers, keyboard, guitar, sound system, projector, drum set, even your pastor's leather seat are all foreign.

If they're mentioning the names of countries in the world, Nigeria shouldn't even be mentioned. We have been shamelessly importing these things for over 50 years. The best we can do is to organize summer classes for those that want to learn keyboard and run from church to church for tips on Sundays after mastering the craft grin

We will shamelessly carry microphone made by small small backyard engineering firms in Taiwan and Japan and cry to God about unemployment. Lol. When mic becomes faulty, we call for seed - sowing to God but technically, that money is going to China or Japan because we are a set of dum.b creatures.

The religion we claim we know how to do, these guys still beat us at our game because we are dvmb. grin las las, the Chinese guys understand the meaning of praise and worship more than the lazy African nation. Without them, our "talent" is useless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by drealcivilceno(m): 10:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
damoneymag:
High unemployment rate: My opinion

Current unemployment rate in Nigeria as at quarter 4 2020, stands at 33.3% according to the Nigerian bureau of statistics NBS. This simply means more than half of our working population which stands at 69.7millions persons are either outrightly doing nothing of working jobs that can not guarantee their daily survival in this hostile economy of ours. This unemployment rate is an all time high and Nigeria is only second to Namibia when it comes to unemployment.

I don't think this information should come as a surprise to anyone in his/her right senses. But the baffling thing about thing is, the government have chosen to play the ostrich and engaging in cosmetic approach to solving this menacing problem.

The fact remains our educational system and curriculum, are tailored to create job seekers not job creators. A Nigerian graduate after national service, is totally clueless on how to survive without a nine to five job. Hence we see all kinds of mediocre businesses spring up here and there that end up folding up after a year or two.

There has to be a deliberate, purposeful and sincere move to root out this menacing giant from our society before it brings it to it's knees. There should be a total rejig and overhaul of our Academic curriculums, tailored uniquely to prepare young people and equip them with requisite skills needed to survive outside the four walls of a classroom.

Our subject should be tailored uniquely to solve our problem and not spending years studying things that have zero real life applications or relevance in today's society. Until then, more POS boots will keep spring up here and there and singlets and boxers vendors, will keep flooding our timeline on social media.

Ok where are you getting these stats from... NBS dey give una stats una dey believe sha!
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by YeyeGbami: 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2021
Elsueno:

First Nigerians should stop breeding out kids like it's some sort of an achievement, it doesn't matter how gud a policy is, if it can catch up to population growth!

This applies to all Nigerians, Small money person go just marry & start making babies...is dat our only purpose in life!. D reason it's so evident in d north is dis useless Almajiri system where they can just throw kids away to d public without any consequences.

Despite d incompetence & overwhelming corruption of d leaders, things won't be dis bad if our population is well controlled maybe around 70-80 million.

Yes people just give birth anyhow, the govt need to put the population into use. We have to start producing a lot of stuff.

1 Like

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by seyz91(m): 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
Confirm!
Elsueno:

1 Like

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Gfskw: 11:05pm On Sep 16, 2021
Hmmm
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by lanre88(m): 11:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
Only networking that can change ur story for good.

Let no one deceive you. Thank you.
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
Lastmankc:
The surest way to poverty is marrying as a poor man without reliable sources of income.

Absolutely true In Africa most especially In shiiiithole.....grin

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Observer007(m): 11:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
Great topic that should be recurring daily on FP , if only.....

For me, I think Nigerians should groom their kids to try to fix problems right from childhood. In other words, every child should be told they have but one mission: to solve at least one problem plaguing the society.

If we all grew up with this mindset, we'd have more purposeful and happier people passionate about whatever they choose to do, and a better nation overall.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Lastmankc(m): 11:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
dbynonetwork:
Some have six children and are ready to add more.

Meanwhile!

JEMOC college is in need of a full time or part time physics teacher for employment.
Requirements: Bsc. Physics Education or other physical science subjects.
Ideal candidate should reside around Agric , Isawo, in Ikorodu and its environs.
Please send your application letter and CV to
JEMOCCOLLEGE@gmail.com

Thank you
Las,las nah 15 to 25k
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Hassanmaye(m): 12:34am On Sep 17, 2021
Raalsalghul:

In the 21st century, you still expect God to come down and develop your country for you.

Wonders shall never end.
Blood of Zachariah! Do you mean you don't believe in God
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Johnnyessence(m): 3:28am On Sep 17, 2021
Really unemployment rate is very high cos’ Nigeria has leadership problem. It wasn’t worse to this level in Goodluck Jonathan era and all the 16 years of Pdp government. May almighty God help us.
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by onyegwu(m): 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2021
Acidosis:
You want programmers to start earning 15k monthly, right? It's not bad enough that some website and graphics designers now live from hand to mouth? A profession that used to be "hot" in the marketplace and still hot in many countries has now turned to "pure water" in Nigeria because of our reactive tendencies.

Nigeria is not ripe for these things bruv. Industrial revolution is what we need at this level. Lets learn how to feed, and provide our basic necessities - toothpaste, toothpick, tissue, notepad, satchet tomatoes, bags, etc.

You see this digital thing everyone wants to do because they saw piggvest, cowrywise, abeg, Kuda's model, would soon destroy the country.

We should be learning from China and Taiwan at this level, do mini manufacturing, produce chips for bigger manufacturing companies, wires, plastic, tissue paper, pen, notepad, shoes, wigs, wristwatch, wall clock, window blinds, textiles, plastic, electric bulb, etc.

Please Google "manufacturing companies in Taiwan" or check China's Alibaba. Most of your phone's components were made by locals in these country, from Samsung to Apple, etc. Just mini companies doing great stuff for the bigger companies.

These are tech stuff our people can/should do, not push everyone to learn graphics or website development. After hustling for crumbs and competing with Indians on freelance websites, what next?

To save Nigeria, graduates must massively delve into manufacturing. Website development won't feed the country. It would only take a single soul or at most a family out of poverty until the profession "cast" like POS business. Oh, we don't produce the POS machine by the way.

Imagine 20 companies trying to produce different automotive/automobile components, e.g. gearbox, tyres, car seats, etc. all doing their stuff for Toyota in Nigeria. This is the Taiwanese secret.
You made so much sense. Though due to our lack of basic amenities like electricity it can be a little difficult but not unable but all the same I love your take on this one. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Acidosis(m): 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
onyegwu:
You made so much sense. Though due to our lack of basic amenities like electricity it can be a little difficult but not unable but all the same I love your take on this one. Thank you.

Thank you
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by Nathan2016: 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2021
Nickymichy:
I saw people talking about population bla bla... people should give birth to the number of children they can cater for... that's nice....OP is right...our problem is not population...our problem is what OP just highlighted...see ehn, Nigerians lack focus and ideas..take for instance, a guy opened a POS boot in a pal e and to God be the glory, the guy is making it. B4 you know it, about 15guys will go and open boot close to him..it's so sad...our reasoning ehn, i no fit explain...the population of India is more than the population of Africa as a whole..les not talk about China...out population is not our problem honestly

Overpopulation puts a strain on resources and affects every facet of your life from the cost of buying a pair of shoes to the variety of vegetables available at the grocery store. When the population grows faster than the world has the ability to absorb the additional demands for food, clothing, shelter and employment, then you may perceive overpopulation as reducing the number of jobs available.
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by vb0mb(m): 7:25am On Sep 19, 2021
Dailyparrot:

It's not about the population but the per capita income which is gross national income divided by population size.

The countries you mentioned especially China has a higher GDP to population ratio than Nigeria.

The countries I mentioned used population as strength.

India had to focused on localization during Indira Ghandi. Her argument was that they have the man power to achieve anything hence the ban on importation.

Nigeria can use population as a strength and not as weakness. There are so much opportunities with huge population than the threat it poses.
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by vb0mb(m): 7:25am On Sep 19, 2021
Selfmotivated:

Nigeria do not make use of it's enormous manpower rather they prefer to hire expatriates. If the government care, they will train personnels thereby creating jobs for many people. Vast arable land where people can be employed as farmers to boost agricultural production, they refuse; build refineries, manufacturing industries and food processing industries they are reluctant. This is pure wickedness. A blessed country wallowing in poverty.

You said it all
Re: High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. by IOOlawoore: 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2022
If the government wants to alleviate poverty, then it should aim at creating new employment opportunities for the youths, but the government or its agency won’t do that because they want you to be in poverty, fulfilling the agenda of this earthly curse kingdom. If your heart desire is a quality, flexible and well-paid job, please check the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/7338485/kingdom-unemployment-poverty-depopulation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Invite From Iconic Ace Integrated Services / Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. / 4 Possible Reasons You Aren’t Getting Any Interviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.