Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night (43863 Views)

Austria: Man Finds Snake In His Toilet After It Kept Flushing Itself At Night / Big Snake Terrorizing Kirikiri Residents At Night In Lagos Finally Killed.Photos / "The Snake That Swallowed N36M": Man And Policeman Pose With Big Python (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Nothingserious: 5:36pm On Sep 17, 2021
TurnNewLeaf:
we dey use pit toilet for my side.
snakes full their, anytime I enter na to Waka with bitter cola, chew am and spread around, the scent go chase them commot kpatakpata

Yes. That’s true. The scent doesn’t kill them. It rather irritates and weaken them into inaction.
While growing up in the village, our parents would make beads of bitter cola and put around the waists of children. With that we could play around home and bushes and do our farm work in peace. You only have to worry about monkeys and other wild animals and worry less about snakes.

I even heard that one could sit close to a snake with bitter cola in ones pocket, and that the snake won’t move until you leave the location with the bitter cola. I didn’t confirm that sha.
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Benki003(m): 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
[quote author=Japhet04 post=105913065] don't you find it bizarre that there is no real photo of this snake? If it actually exists then there should be a real photo of it and not these computer generated drawings.[/quote

Not talking of the photos though and talking that the actually exist.
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by ronyman(m): 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
I am sure this is true. Na. Cobra
Mrlouis:
YES YES, YOU HAVE UNMISTAKABLY ENCOUNTERED THE CROWN CRESTED COBRA. ITS HEAD LOOKS LIKE THAT OF A ROOSTER grin AND CRAFTILY LURES SMALL RODENTS AND EVEN CHICKENS BY MIMICKING ONE THEN SWALLOWS ITS VICTIMS WHOLE. OUR NATIVE PARENTS KNOW THE SNAKE TOO WELL

BEST BE CAREFUL grin grin
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by ronyman(m): 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2021
Boiled eggs will Expose them. Na two cobras dey do that thing. I bet u
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Kendudu007(m): 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2021
Amaechi5:
Please guys I need a clarification on this, if someone can help identify the type of animal or the snake that makes a clucking sound at night especially in the midnight.

The sound seems very similar to a rooster or probably a clucking sound.

I heard this sound so much during my service year in ebonyi state precisely in afikpo North few years ago. I thought it was a rooster but they said it was a matured male snake or a cobra.

Few weeks ago, I went for a big project in a remote area, lo and behold in that area that same sound was so much and it looks like as if there was 3000 roosters clucking in the midnight.

Seriously I'm very worried if they are indeed snakes/cobra or maybe a wild roosters in a densed bush.
from experience op that snake is a Python a very old one they tend to make rooster clucking sound in the midnight. Back then there was one that usually make such noise at our former house Omo no be small thing shaaa I had no choice than to cement it when it crawled into the hole of our fence lol still thinking of going back to break the fence and see if the snake is still alive or dead lol .
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by mipeesoft(m): 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
I was expecting to see an image of such snake
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Alwayshungry: 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
crown crested cobra is just a myth bro
Mrlouis:
YES YES, YOU HAVE UNMISTAKABLY ENCOUNTERED THE CROWN CRESTED COBRA. ITS HEAD LOOKS LIKE THAT OF A ROOSTER grin AND CRAFTILY LURES SMALL RODENTS AND EVEN CHICKENS BY MIMICKING ONE THEN SWALLOWS ITS VICTIMS WHOLE. OUR NATIVE PARENTS KNOW THE SNAKE TOO WELL

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2021
philo04:
I caught one at my poultry farm one night ....I felt strange how can my layers be crowling so I picked my touch light lo and behold I saw a large snake with chicken headlike eating my poultry eggs ....oh...nah so I borrow leg o...
you ran away?

grin cheesy
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Drizzy5001(m): 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
It's a snake
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
Japhet04:
don't you find it bizarre that there is no real photo of this snake? If it actually exists then there should be a real photo of it and not these computer generated drawings.

Doubting Thomas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBkGt31JiK8

2 Likes

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by MissEfe(f): 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2021
kushercain:

I have them in my backyard you can come and visit grin
Naim you never be billionaire...
Abeg tell me where ur house dey
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Petie33: 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2021
Tapout:

sorry oh, but are you a hunter by profession?
no I am a farmer and we see this things all the time

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Petie33: 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2021
Beloved3:

Lol this is just a superstitious belief. I've heard it too but it's not true.

If a snake could swallow animals and digest their bones what makes you think it can't digest a cooked egg?
this method has been used by me many times and what I like about it most is that the snake will not be able to fight so I just kill it take back the eggs and enjoy the meat
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by philo04(m): 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2021
Preshieben:
you ran away?

grin cheesy
sis I flew away....ran is an understatement

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by philo04(m): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2021
tunary:
Do something about it, set trap. You can provide food snake likes but you'll have to poison the food if you can't go close and kill it. No let that snake dey eat your eggs just like that. Humans are more intelligent than animals. Use your brain bro
egbon can you come and assist sir
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by tunary(m): 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2021
philo04:
egbon can you come and assist sir
nibo lewa
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by ttmax09(m): 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
TurnNewLeaf:
don't worry when next we kill it I'll tag your moniker
Please tag me too biko, I have heard gist about it some years back. Always thought they where just fabricated lies.
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by seunlayi(m): 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 17, 2021
Petie33:
I just kill it take back the eggs and enjoy the meat

shocked

Biko what do you do with the eggs when you take them back from the inside of the snakes?

I hope it's not what I'm thinking? grin grin grin
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by samwayne154(m): 8:30pm On Sep 17, 2021
Japhet04:
don't you find it bizarre that there is no real photo of this snake? If it actually exists then there should be a real photo of it and not these computer generated drawings.
someone has posted the video on page six undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by barcaboi(m): 8:44pm On Sep 17, 2021
Cudeze4:

Does a rattle snake make a clucking sound?
It’s not found in Africa
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Hitwe99: 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2021
This is true ooooo,,,my aunty once told me she saw snake like that when returning back from school,, one hot afternoon.. Na race she pick
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by themanderon: 9:13pm On Sep 17, 2021
hybrid11:
yes and not cobra

A rattlesnake makes a rattling sound with it's tail and we don't have rattlesnakes down here so it cannot be a rattler.
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by GreaterFuture(m): 9:34pm On Sep 17, 2021
Mrlouis:

Why are saying this and smiling?
Why are you beaming with so much smile and Grinning while Saying it
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by GreaterFuture(m): 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2021
philo04:
I caught one at my poultry farm one night ....I felt strange how can my layers be crowling so I picked my touch light lo and behold I saw a large snake with chicken headlike eating my poultry eggs ....oh...nah so I borrow leg o...
Wdym by "you borrow leg"?
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by viviangist: 10:18pm On Sep 17, 2021
FalseProphet1:
It's not a snake neither is it a rooster, is a meeting of the territorial principalities, that clucking sound is just to deceive you into thinking that it's coming from animals in the bush, but those of us blessed with the gift of foresight know that there's a serious meeting of the elders going on at that time of the night.

This I have seen.
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by coolhumble(m): 10:37pm On Sep 17, 2021
Cobra. I think king cobra.
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 18, 2021
samwayne154:
someone has posted the video on page six undecided
if you actually watched the video then I'm sure you'll realize that it's an artificial crest implanted by someone for YouTube views. Educate yourself man, you're too old to be believing in straight out myths.

3 Likes

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 18, 2021

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Proffdada: 5:54am On Sep 18, 2021
luminouz:

My grandmother saw one when she was young.

They are very real.
grin word of the mouth
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Proffdada: 5:57am On Sep 18, 2021
Japhet04:
fake!!!
Bad editing grin
The supposed crest is brighter in graphics.

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Petie33: 6:46am On Sep 18, 2021
Beloved3:

shocked

Biko what do you do with the eggs when you take them back from the inside of the snakes?

I hope it's not what I'm thinking? grin grin grin
Lol I eat my eggs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park / Thousands Of Sea Creatures Washing Up In The North Of England ( Pics) / Turtle Wanders Into The City In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.