Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Is God Good? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Good? (8165 Views)

Obviously, Living Is A God (good) Vs Satan (evil) War / Title : GOD'S GOOD Prophetic word to the church of Christ. / Redeemed Christian Church Of God: Good Use Of Anointing Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is God Good? by LordReed(m): 8:48am On Oct 02, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

Hope one day someone won't see you as a snake and kill you simply because you belong to parents ,race,tribe,faith etc they deem evil.
That aside,you're really a snake.

I just hope that we are able to stem the tide of religious madness so it doesn't drive us to extinction. The way some of these people are going they could precipitate some dangerous conflicts that end us all.
Re: Is God Good? by Image123(m): 10:22am On Oct 02, 2021
LordReed:

I just hope that we are able to stem the tide of religious madness so it doesn't drive us to extinction. The way some of these people are going they could precipitate some dangerous conflicts that end us all.

We've continuously had to stem the tide of atheistic madness as exhibited through people like Stalin and Mao and the crazy godless laws that keep coming up and hurting the world. There's very scarce records of people dangerously misbehaving because of the Bible. Certainly other religions, yes. But you can't obey the Bible or attempt to obey it and be a danger to humanity like we've seen atheism and other religions. People can use the Bible manipulatively to make money or for control(power) but it's easier in other religions and atheism.
A Bible and religion that teaches you to have the Spirit of God and the fruits of loving others, forgiveness, making peace, being faithful in your home and place of work, living with hope and joy. If that's what you refer to as dangerous and ending you, you really don't know what you are talking about. There's no morality better than that found in the Bible, no quality of life better, no eternity better. All you can hope for is play around some couple of verses that only you and a few others decide to misrepresent.
Re: Is God Good? by LordReed(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2021
Image123:

We've continuously had to stem the tide of atheistic madness as exhibited through people like Stalin and Mao and the crazy godless laws that keep coming up and hurting the world. There's very scarce records of people dangerously misbehaving because of the Bible. Certainly other religions, yes. But you can't obey the Bible or attempt to obey it and be a danger to humanity like we've seen atheism and other religions. People can use the Bible manipulatively to make money or for control(power) but it's easier in other religions and atheism.
A Bible and religion that teaches you to have the Spirit of God and the fruits of loving others, forgiveness, making peace, being faithful in your home and place of work, living with hope and joy. If that's what you refer to as dangerous and ending you, you really don't know what you are talking about. There's no morality better than that found in the Bible, no quality of life better, no eternity better. All you can hope for is play around some couple of verses that only you and a few others decide to misrepresent.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! There is no atheist who is rich from selling atheism on the contrary there are loads of people rich from selling Christianity and more so than any other religion.

I am referring to people who in their positions of power could precipitate dangerous situations because they feel they are bringing about some prophetic fulfilment. Can you imagine what would happen if Saudi Arabia became a world super power on the scale of the US and some Hitler-esque Muslim leader was in charge deciding a worldwide jihad to bring about Islamic domination was a reachable goal.
Re: Is God Good? by Image123(m): 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2021
LordReed:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! There is no atheist who is rich from selling atheism on the contrary there are loads of people rich from selling Christianity and more so than any other religion.

I am referring to people who in their positions of power could precipitate dangerous situations because they feel they are bringing about some prophetic fulfilment. Can you imagine what would happen if Saudi Arabia became a world super power on the scale of the US and some Hitler-esque Muslim leader was in charge deciding a worldwide jihad to bring about Islamic domination was a reachable goal.

Like i said, it's next to impossible to have that danger with Christianity.
Re: Is God Good? by LordReed(m): 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2021
Image123:

Like i said, it's next to impossible to have that danger with Christianity.

It isn't impossible. Some Christians want to go to war in the middle east because they think it will be the precipitation of the end times.
Re: Is God Good? by Image123(m): 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2021
LordReed:

It isn't impossible. Some Christians want to go to war in the middle east because they think it will be the precipitation of the end times.

Lol, how many Christians do we have in the Middle East, not to talk of influence? You are saying something very negligible and more of a fantasy. There is no known Christian alive that wants war in any part of the world.

1 Like

Re: Is God Good? by LordReed(m): 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2021
Image123:

Lol, how many Christians do we have in the Middle East, not to talk of influence? You are saying something very negligible and more of a fantasy. There is no known Christian alive that wants war in any part of the world.

I talking about American Christians in particular. Mike Pompeo and Mike Pence when they were in government wanted a war with Iran ostensibly because of Israel and their Christian beliefs, its not a fantasy. They were the ones who urged Trump to have Soleimani assassinated. It seems its you who is naive here, you seem to think that every Christian is a pacifist and there are none who want war.
Re: Is God Good? by Image123(m): 10:20am On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:

I talking about American Christians in particular. Mike Pompeo and Mike Pence when they were in government wanted a war with Iran ostensibly because of Israel and their Christian beliefs, its not a fantasy. They were the ones who urged Trump to have Soleimani assassinated. It seems its you who is naive here, you seem to think that every Christian is a pacifist and there are none who want war.

Lol, Americans okay. They want a war because of Israel not because of Christian beliefs. I thought you were saying that there were Christians in the middle east who wanted to go to war, that's what i called negligible and a fantasy. If some American wants war, it's not because of Christian beliefs. The Bible doesn't instruct or inspire anyone to go to war anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Is God Good? by LordReed(m): 11:58am On Oct 03, 2021
Image123:

Lol, Americans okay. They want a war because of Israel not because of Christian beliefs. I thought you were saying that there were Christians in the middle east who wanted to go to war, that's what i called negligible and a fantasy. If some American wants war, it's not because of Christian beliefs. The Bible doesn't instruct or inspire anyone to go to war anywhere.

Did you miss:

LordReed:

Re: Is God Good? by Image123(m): 12:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:

Did you miss:

i replied already. It will be because of Israel not because of Christian beliefs.The Bible doesn't instruct or inspire anyone to go to war anywhere.
Re: Is God Good? by LordReed(m): 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2021
Image123:

i replied already. It will be because of Israel not because of Christian beliefs.The Bible doesn't instruct or inspire anyone to go to war anywhere.

They did that because of their Christian beliefs. They wouldn't have the same regard for Israel otherwise.
Re: Is God Good? by Image123(m): 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:

They did that because of their Christian beliefs. They wouldn't have the same regard for Israel otherwise.

Kindly show these beliefs from the Bible. i have high regards for Israel too but there's no such directive or information on starting any war from the Bible or Christianity.
Re: Is God Good? by LordReed(m): 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2021
Image123:

Kindly show these beliefs from the Bible. i have high regards for Israel too but there's no such directive or information on starting any war from the Bible or Christianity.

You'll have to ask those who hold such beliefs that question.
Re: Is God Good? by Image123(m): 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2021
LordReed:

You'll have to ask those who hold such beliefs that question.

You've been quite vocal and displeased about it, i was hoping you knew something about it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Shuts Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Academy Press And Other Companies. / Is Genotype Important When Considering Marriage In Islam? / True Definition Of Sin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.