Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' (63321 Views)

Ehi Ogbebor And MC Oluomo Dating?: 'No Man Gave Me Money To Build My House' / Ehi Ogbebor Gifts Her Personal Assistant A Mercedes Benz (Photos) / Ehi Ogbebor: 'Ken Bramor Killed Mother For Money Ritual, Tried Killing My Child' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Acidosis(m): 9:32am On Sep 18, 2021
Solatium:

Stop been foolish,no one see his contract with the company or the contentious medical bill.
even as a driver you have some form of entitlement,except the slave condition of services in Nigeria has rub you of common sense

I knew you were going to come back barking like a dog. That's what you do when you run out of common sense and practical reasoning ability.

Since you have no idea what was written in the contract or medical bill, why are you on this thread, making stup!d assumptions?

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 18, 2021
10m no be beans, she really cared about him. Most people here talking trash about how she cared about the money will let their domestic staff die miserably without dishing out a kobo if this happened to them.

Because she’s a woman, bloody hypocrites! Nairaland men are shemales!

2 Likes

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by jimtemi1: 9:33am On Sep 18, 2021
thesicilian:
What a weird thing to say, it's almost as if she's more concerned about the money spent trying to save his life. A good doctor will still battle to save your life even if he suspects you're going to die, ICU care per day costs a whole lot of money anywhere in the world
she said, if they knew he will not survive it, given the children the 10m will go along way..
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by abescom: 9:34am On Sep 18, 2021
Is this one madt ni? So the money is more important. My friend had a generator accident. Lasuth told us he was going to die I still went ahead and spent money and my energy to try to save him. He died but my conscience is at least clear.

3 Likes

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Oyinlomobambam(m): 9:35am On Sep 18, 2021
Hmmm. Sad, Hospital know much but they need to make money.

I remember how 5million plus gone for my treatment last year and can't still walk myself.

Thank God for life sha
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by ikdaddy01(m): 9:35am On Sep 18, 2021
thesicilian:
What a weird thing to say, it's almost as if she's more concerned about the money spent trying to save his life. A good doctor will still battle to save your life even if he suspects you're going to die, ICU care per day costs a whole lot of money anywhere in the world
Very correct. If they had rejected him family will still come out and shout.

3 Likes

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by foxxydude: 9:36am On Sep 18, 2021
In 2013 UBTH made us pay for tests that the results will not be ready in two weeks, go and do this go and do that...same night my dad gave up the ghost cry
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Hezmatosky: 9:36am On Sep 18, 2021
You mean he was only a driver? And it's paining you like this? Abi is there anything you are not telling us?

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by thelish(f): 9:37am On Sep 18, 2021
The bond between these two was actually beyond driver and madam... So sorry pretty lady. It is well. Take heart.
Rest in peace bro

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Acidosis(m): 9:37am On Sep 18, 2021
abescom:
Is this one madt ni? So the money is more important. My friend had a generator accident. Lasuth told us he was going to die I still went ahead and spent money and my energy to try to save him. He died but my conscience is at least clear.

Did you spend N10 million at LASUTH?
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by georgeakins: 9:37am On Sep 18, 2021
I am sure it is a private hospital.
No difference between them and babalawo. They will milk you dry.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by noskcid(m): 9:38am On Sep 18, 2021
The hotelier revealed that Peter Agada, who was his driver until his death, refused to visit his village for 10 years and collapsed on the morning he finally decided to go

This calls for questioning
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Richy4(m): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2021
armadeo:

Imagine being taken to a hospital and on arrival the doctor says " youbknow what instead of spending this money to treat this person give it to the family he will not make it"

I wonder what reaction Nigerians including you would have.

My brother, I would have loved for u to double check on my comment.. I was only interpreting in clear terms what I understand the lady was saying.. I never agreed or disagreed with her

As for death, When it comes to me or my family members, we will go that's after doing all we can...

I will not be the youngest person to die on this planet bro..When I was in primary school, we lost a school mate... In university, we lost 2 course mates... As a matter of fact, one won the most beautiful girl in our uni in 200level, also won miss Fanta that year.. she died giving birth...

So u see if death can claim beauty, ugly, handsome,tall, short at anytime, who am I.. I will go happily.. there's rest on the other side.. I hope that answers your questions..
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by sirchrislatestn(m): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2021
thesicilian:
offcos she supposed worry his condition was a 50/50 chances to survive remember she said that money supposed to help his family left behind
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by tomju2(f): 9:42am On Sep 18, 2021
thesicilian:
If you don't know what to say just keep quiet. Pray you are not in her shoes. Travel abroad and see. Hospitals would advise families of patients about what they feel, the risk and all, what to expect, chances of Surivival etc. Here no, they can do all things! In the end, it's deceit. Is Brain Surgery a walk in the park?
It's easier to sit on your high horse and spew trash. Is it your money? Why not comment about her mourning her loss and leave the money aspect. How many Nigerian bosses can spend over 10m to save their driver? Be honest for once.

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Oktane: 9:42am On Sep 18, 2021
HenryDion:

When your driver or cook falls sick, don't run oh. Be ready to spend millions until they are well.

It's easy to talk when you've never spent a dime in your life. 10M will save the life of more than 500 people here in Nigeria.

But that's what someone used to battle the life of his DRIVER. Not even a relative!

Doctors are supposed to be realists...

Why I hate poor people like you is your entitlement mindset. If we're been fair, she doesn't owe the driver a dime

She tries!!!

As cold as this may sound this is the reality of the situation in all objectivity.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by respectfully: 9:42am On Sep 18, 2021
Are you sure no be trade-by-barter?
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by OwoLee(m): 9:43am On Sep 18, 2021
If the same hospital tell you to take the patient back that he/she can't make it, we would still blame the hospital....human!
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 18, 2021
thesicilian:
Some hospitals use ICU to fleece their patients.

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Oktane: 9:48am On Sep 18, 2021
Solatium:

So you do not have entitlement where you work?

Get real Sir.

Entitlements is a very relative concept in this clime.

In the bourgeoning informal sector many people can only lay claim to their monthly salary as per the contract spelt out in the appointment letter.

As a matter of fact, many appointment letters are very terse and only indicate the resumption date and monthly salary.

Other matters are open to conjecture.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by aminusodiq(m): 9:48am On Sep 18, 2021
mrdharkchild:
The doctor was being hopeful. If u feel you can do it, y don't u become a doctor. We are always quick to insult the doctors..
Go and rest
they have there excesses too... Go and sleep
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Indispensable85(m): 9:48am On Sep 18, 2021
This is the nature of private hospitals in Nigeria. Their aim is to raise revenue. A similar thing happened to my uncle few days ago. They'll accumulate as much bill as they can for you knowing fully well the situation is beyond redemption. Especially when they sense you're well to do your own don finish.

By the way,I hope he was just a driver to you sha.....? Lol
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by AfroKnight: 9:49am On Sep 18, 2021
She really let her driver be himself. Not many wealthy employers are this open-minded.

Sometimes life defies the skills of even the most talented professionals. Sad.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by thesicilian: 9:50am On Sep 18, 2021
Minjim:

To answer the question of whether a doctor can tell if you're dying, read this
https://archive.macleans.ca/article/1951/9/1/should-a-doctor-tell-you-if-youre-going-to-die#:~:text=There%20is%20no%20need%20to,a%20young%20doctor%20told%20me.

1. That website is not a trusted medical journal.

2. The article itself though credible, answers the question "should a doctor tell you if you're going to die" and not "can a doctor tell you when you're going to die"

3. This is from the very article that you posted:

Dr. William J. Clark, a Toronto physician who has been practicing for fifty-three years, told me: “I have seen or heard of hundreds of cases that ‘absolutely can’t get better,’ but just the same they did. There is always that one-in-a-hundred chance that even the most hopeless case will somehow pull through. If you tell that man he’s going to die you may rob him of his will to live and deprive him of that last chance he has of getting better.” “You often hear statements such as ‘The doctor has given him six months to live, ’ ” said Dr. Arthur D. Kelly, assistant; secretary of the Canadian Medical Association. “I doubt if they are often accurate, for a doctor can never safely be as specific as that. What the doctor probably said was something like this: ‘Most cases that have reached the acute stage of yours prove fata'l in six months or so and T would advise you to prepare your affairs. But occasionally a case like yours progresses slowly and it is possible you might live for several years.’ ”

4. If you can post this as your evidence then it shows you really do not read.

5. Therefore I'm not sure I'll bother replying you again since chances are that you might still not have read my comments before rushing to post your own comments.

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by grandstar(m): 9:51am On Sep 18, 2021
This guy no resemble driver! He was obviously well taken care of.

"He that is showing favor to the lowly one is lending to Jehovah and He will repay".

Thank you Ehi.
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by drlaykay(m): 9:51am On Sep 18, 2021
Minjim:

Read her comment again

There are some terminal illness that the doctors will tell you you have certain number of days left. In such situations you use those day to prepare and make amends.

I'm sure this is one of those cases.
Terminal illness for that guy shown in the picture?! Putting into consideration that it started suddenly?! That's a pure case of an emergency situation. You guys are just impossible. Nigerians can't be pleased.
You would prefer the hospital telling him that they can't give it a trial? Even if the chances of surviving a surgery is 30 perc, the doctor, anywhere in the world would still give it a trial because you can't tell who the 30perc would be. Even if it's terminal illness, is treatment free?
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Angelfrost(m): 9:53am On Sep 18, 2021
Minjim:

Can't you do without insult?

I'm sure you are Ipob. That's how they behave.

If the illness is terminal, doctors will tell the patient the numbers of days they have left.
Not giving them false hope while milking them

Not just IPOB...

This is an alarming observation among most youths commenting here and a lot of social media platforms. They begin with insults, things a lot of them won't dare utter in public if they saw you face to face.

Cell Phones have now made an average Nigerian who claims to be educated to become shockingly insolent.

The level of disrespect among our youths is unbelievable... That's why many of them will never move in elite circles!!!

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Richy4(m): 9:55am On Sep 18, 2021
Acidosis:

I knew you were going to come back barking like a dog. That's what you do when you run out of common sense and practical reasoning ability.

Since you have no idea what was written in the contract or medical bill, why are you on this thread, making stup!d assumptions?

grin grin

Take it easy on them buddy... Some have comprehension problem.. some that comprehend, might say certain things that makes one wanna drink a distressed hot tea on a hot weather conditions

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by oyejideogunjumo: 9:56am On Sep 18, 2021
Kennymedia:
Popular Nigerian businesswoman, Ehi Ogbebor has taken to social media to mourn her “loyal” staff, Peter Agaba, who died after a brief illness.

The hotelier revealed that Peter Agada, who was his driver until his death, refused to visit his village for 10 years and collapsed on the morning he finally decided to go.

Although she didn’t reveal the nature of his illness, she pleaded with her fans and followers to check their Blood Pressure (BP) regularly.

Ehi condemned the Nigerian health care system and revealed that the hospital made her spend over 10 Million Naira when they knew Peter would not survive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT619P7Mr8t/?utm_medium=copy_link
Loyalty is often celebrated but alas it is very rare nowadays.
Betrayal is often frowned at yet very rampant.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT7PzgPMQCA/?utm_medium=copy_link
Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by tomju2(f): 9:57am On Sep 18, 2021
Richy4:

She meant that the money would have gone a long way in terms of helping the family of the deceased to solve financial challenges that might come their way assuming the doctors said that there's nothing they can do for the man except to pray and hope..

God bless you for looking at her outbursts objectively. You see in this our country Nigeria, there is a mindset. That mindset is that of class distinction. Driver, house boy, house girl, gate man, cleaner, cook, steward etc.
You'll hear them say... Call me MY DRIVER " where is my cook? What is my cleaner doing? Do this people have names? Address them by their names!!! Please call Emmanuel for me. Not call my driver.
If a family of say 5 goes out to church,shopping or anywhere, I can tell who the house girl is amongst the kids. It's shows. Rags is what some wear or slippers, while the kids wear shoes, canvas etc.
We need to change our mindset about all these people doing services. Menial labourers, artisans of all trades are humans!! If you can't spend on them, atleast show some respect. Please. No successful person that is not dependent on this "menial services".
So when you see someone who takes care of her driver, then commend her. It's a far departure from the norm around here. Driver that people hardly respect? I know some bosses that won't even allow their driver eat in their houses, or step inside the living room!!

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Angelfrost(m): 9:57am On Sep 18, 2021
Ahmed0336:

Honestly...

Money is their goal instead of saving lives.

Money is the business of almost everything these days, especially with regards to goods and services. Healthcare services are paid for (Most come at a very high cost). Chief amongst them: Salaries of healthcare workers (They can't go hungry treating you na), servicing and procurement of healthcare equipment (most of them don't come cheap), training of staff, etc...

Even abroad many of you refer to, things aren't better... An average American or Brit can't afford healthcare (FACT)!!!

1 Like

Re: Ehi Ogbebor Driver Dies: 'Hospital Knew You Wouldn’t Make It, Made Us Spend 10M' by Solatium(m): 10:00am On Sep 18, 2021
Oktane:

Get real Sir.

Entitlements is a very relative concept in this clime.

In the bourgeoning informal sector many people can only lay claim to their monthly salary as per the contract spelt out in the appointment letter.

As a matter of fact, many appointment letters are very terse and only indicate the resumption date and monthly salary.

Other matters are open to conjecture.

I can not agree less when you said in most cases,that does not indicate that other's are getting the same treatment,for as long as NONE OF US SAW HIS CONTRACT this argument is nor here or there.

But what arose my curiosity is, of all things why did the boss made mentioned of the care cost and said the money that could have been given to his family?
For anyone with a very high IQ that's a tell tale sign that something is about to go down or must have gone down.
My argument

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Janet Atayero Oluseye Is Dead (Nollywood Actress) / Actor Uche Odoputa Weds In The UK (Photos) / E-Money Shows Swag In His Gold Sitting Room (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.