Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. (33044 Views)

What Is Your Cost Of Transportation Daily From Work To House / Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo) / Man In Suit Climbs Moving Tanker Steps As Means Of Transportation (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Hassanmaye(m): 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
Make i speak for Lagos. With mad drivers we get for road especially those Mad Danfo drivers,Igbobi go full. Orthopedic doctors go dey drive Bentley, even traditional bonesetter(TBS) go dey cash out steadily.Everybody go wan be orthopedic doctor, whether qualified or not. Every 5min you go dey see person with crutches or wheelchair. Lagos go become disability republic. grin
Haha
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by MeeLan: 5:29pm On Sep 19, 2021
With the mad drivers on naija roads?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by MeeLan: 5:32pm On Sep 19, 2021
In developed countries, there are lanes for cycling.
Drivers undergo driving school and psychiatric evaluation.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Ajeeeeee: 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2021
Oga can you cycle from 2nd rainbow to Ajah underbridge every day to work and back? Be calming down o
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by donmik: 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2021
Just hope u read me

How many of us have the luxury of time, pleasure, recreational time and resources to just be flexing about like those whites who don't suffer to feed.

How many goods can u move with using the bike?

We talking about how to survive, u are talking about pleasure or hobby

Where is the road to play on with bike?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by sylve11: 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
Kingpin1000:
Bro I love this idea because, it will help economically during this harsh Buhari economy, also these days that we no longer think of exercises, it will help burn those extra fat an keep fit, reduce the emission of green house gases and other benefits.

Bro after I took puff outta my blunt.. my eyes was open to see the kind of discomfort it will cause.
Mehn, just imagine the kind thick sweat that will be coming out of your body, you will be restless the whole day.. if your office no get a.c na die be that one. The climate condition of the west and Europe is different from the Sahara region, the sun here na die, who else noticed the sun became hotter when Buhari took over.
I no ride bicycle abeg

Hehehe grin cool
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
The roads are not bicycle friendly neither interconnected nor well tarred.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Divoc19(f): 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2021
Eggzackly, our environment is not bicycle friendly
cocolacec:

Nigerians will need bicycle lanes like they have in Europe.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Divoc19(f): 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
Hilarious cheesy
VicM6:
Agboro go still dey collect money from u nd u go still dey pay toll gate fees..... Infact, police checkpoints go dey nd u must carry ur bicycle papers waka with you..... V.I.O go check your tyres nd issue you penalty then Road safety go talk say u no use helmet nd wan commit suicide. Then after that enh, bicycle go dey sell for around 300k.

better fear Nigeria, notin good dy dis country.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by namo77: 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2021
OP, when you start using bicycle, I will join you
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Lashbaba(m): 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2021
omowolewa:
Body odour will be too much except your office has bathroom.

It's hot here already, cycling will make you sweat. Like cycling from Oshodi to VI. Or One-man village to Federal Secretariat.

You just discover that all greetings are made to you from afar. All meetings with you would be by zoom. Finally, you will now have a new name like "Gambo mai Rally*, "Kunle oni Keke", "Obi Bic", "Ndifon bicycle"
Chai,your thoughts they fear me...a good point though considering Nigeria
weather!

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by yanabasee2: 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2021
xpressionx:
You wan ride bicycle from kubwa to wuse 2 every morning to work.

Lol......

That na suicide mission....
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Drizzy5001(m): 8:15pm On Sep 19, 2021
Ekejoestar:
Honestly that would be a great idea but it comes with a lot of cons, like the major reason why I don't take my mountain bike to far places is because of careless drivers, imagine say person go dey drag road with dangote trailer! No be death him dey find.

Abeg ooo, Nigeria is not yet ripe for that, the ONLY place such a thing can work na inside estates.

Dis my bicycle dey fly once e enter gear five, na so I carry am enter Idiroko Road last Sunday, omo see where I dey drag speed with okada people...
I will love to get one for my self, pls how much did you buy yours sir?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by nextstep(m): 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
You want us to die of heat stroke? You think cycling in 35 degree weather with 90% humidity and a scorching sun is good for anybody?

All these places you see cycling are in temperate places. How many people you see cycling in Florida or Texas, places with similar climate to Lagos? It's only in cooler places like Idaho, Colorado, New York.

Also you need clean air to breathe... you want people to be inhaling car exhaust while straining their lungs?

You want to ride bike during rainy season?

I've not even mentioned traffic and bad roads.

Please, leave those with the right conditions to ride their bikes. Why must we suffer because we want to "be among?" angry
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Drizzy5001(m): 8:52pm On Sep 19, 2021
This system can only work in the northern parts of Nigeria, because it is more organized and developed, no try am for Lagos, Lagos mad drivers will send u to your early grave grin
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Gfskw: 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Bunmhi(f): 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
Naaahhhh coz nah blood be fuel of bicycle. So you wan make become skeleton because of bicycle?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by barcaboi(m): 9:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
Pierocash:
The accident will be too much. If okada is banned ,why allow bicycle? The casualty rate will be unprecedented
How does Okada and their recklessness relate to bicycle
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Ekejoestar(m): 10:39pm On Sep 19, 2021
Drizzy5001:
I will love to get one for my self, pls how much did you buy yours sir?

Bought from a friend for 13k and used 5k to tune and service it
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by VicM6: 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2021
Divoc19:
Hilarious cheesy
lol, i no kuku lie na... na fact i talk so.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by YeyeGbami: 11:08pm On Sep 19, 2021
Pierocash:
The accident will be too much. If okada is banned ,why allow bicycle? The casualty rate will be unprecedented

Ever heard of bike lane?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
In this hot weather undecided
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by therajah: 12:50am On Sep 20, 2021
Some people will ride bicycle on third mainland bridge...
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Cromagnon: 4:05am On Sep 20, 2021
kestolove95:
Kolewerk for bankers
why not
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Frenzy01(m): 6:55am On Sep 20, 2021
No be only bicycle... For this kind country grin grin grin

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. by Drizzy5001(m): 7:34am On Sep 20, 2021
Ekejoestar:

Bought from a friend for 13k and used 5k to tune and service it
okay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Proposed Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT Route: 11 Things To Know (PHOTOS) / How My RIDA Driver Tried To Kidnap Me - Twitter User / International Airlines Move Into PH Airport (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.